Just how awful is alcohol?

I enjoy alcohol maybe too much, but I'm wondering if it's severely limiting my gains?

Attached: man-turning-down-whisky.jpg (1100x826, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0261561403000608
youtube.com/watch?v=VP2fPTnt7RY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only if you down beers daily, on the weekend it's fine

booze is a gains goblin
dont drink it

Truth is, a few (2-3) drinks won't kill you, but you should stick to hard liquor drunk straight or with water. Beer will turn you into a pussy, binge drinking will destroy your gains and cocktails are calorie bombs.
If you enjoy alcohol every day or get that strong dopamine hit whenever you drink it, that's a sign that you may have had alcoholics in your family and should stay the fuck away from alcohol completely.

Tpbp.

Keep telling urself that m8

It's a full gain goblins.
Empty calories and messes up your recovery.

1 glass every now and then doesn't hurt though, it's even good for social gains.
Drinking daily and/or getting mad drunk does.

Not him, but there is literally nothing wrong with 1-2 beers per week

Diet Moscow mules are pretty good with a decent ginger beer. Or just whiskey straight.

Attached: image.jpg (155x378, 49K)

>he doesn't drink a glass of dark, dry wine at dinner for phytosterol gains

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0261561403000608

True, but beware of the alcohol itself, it stops protein synthesis if you go overboard.
Oh I got a bottle of Glen Moray yesterday for 22$ at my local booze shop, they had it on sale.

avoid beer, hops has a lot of estrogen mimickers

Depends on your goals and where you're at right now with your training and also how much you drink...

You can be stronger/better looking than the average non-gym-goer joe and still get shitfaced from time to time.

Seemed like drink as much as you want on weekend bro because then it magically dont matter

As long as you don't have severe resistence your body will have gotten rid of everything you could possibly have drunk on a saturday night by monday morning.

drink neat whisky
avoid beer
lift heavy
gains

your body flushing the poison from your system slows/prevents the repairing of muscles killing your gains.

Post body

>cock n bull torture

OP Here:

I drink white rum and diet. I've started eating more and focusing on that seems to limit my consumption more.

My goals are to be heavy (220lbs right now / test - deca atm) goal to be 250.

BF % about 16 right now.

I feel like I look good, and that's the goal honestly. I do want to focus on performance soon, so I think I answered my own question.

But I feel like I do look better than any other year in my life. Just wondering I guess if alcohol is night and day difference. Again, answered my own question and should try lol.

How about wine?

Yeah OP just try saving the booze for the weekend, and even then try not to binge.
Catch a nice buzz, smoke a cigar (this multiplies the buzz) and relax on weekends.

It interferes with protein synthesis, but so long as you drink moderately and don't drink on days you lift its effect should be minimal

It's pretty bad. If you take a step back and look at alcohol and its effects objectively it actually becomes pretty absurd that it's legal. Seriously just watch any video of a drunk guy, or go to a busy bar at a weekend and look what alcohol does to you. It takes away people's inhibitions so they do things they wouldn't ever do sober, it slows their CNS down so they can't react to anything in time, it makes a lot of people aggressive and emotional, it undoubtedly causes millions of deaths per year through boosting cancer rates and also DUIs and other drunken incidents and just generally makes people incredibly annoying. Shit is fucking AWFUL
Have you ever been sober around a bunch of drunks? It's terrible. It costs countries billions of dollars in healthcare as well.

OP HERE:

I honestly wish I never knew about it. I can be sober but yes I do like the feeling. It's like I don't want to miss out on how it makes me feel. When life is good, like it has been, it relaxes and I feel accomplished.

When life is shit, boy it doesn't help obviously.

Honestly yes parties or get together when everyone else drinks is awful. But I do remember recently during one of my months off drinking, I had some of the best laughs with my family. I encourage everyone to test themselves if they are up for a challenge.

I'm also an over thinker. Sober me can't shut this brain off.

Imagine being this sheltered.

Attached: doge_shock.jpg (704x663, 107K)

bruh

Say that to your thiamin requirements

>sheltered
literally no idea how you got that from my post. I have had my years of going out and getting shitfaced every weekend. I can also enjoy some beers every now and then with a steak

No matter how you look at it, alcohol is objectively fucking terrible for society.

OP Here:

I do it regularly and I couldn't agree more.

Try being on roids and drinking it's fuckeedddddd.

alcohol makes me perceive time to be faster than normal, this makes me better in social situation where i open up and doesn't seem to make me more aggressive
that being sad i have high tolerance and only get buzzed after 3 liquor shots

Attached: IMG_20180714_205344.jpg (4000x3000, 3.91M)

>he thinks 3 liquor shots is high tolerance
Lmao you would die if you hungout with me back in the day.

there's nothing much to "get rid of". this isn't some pranic yoga. it's how alcohol affects your test levels. drinking too much boosts your test for 2 hours but lowers it in the long run.

I'm in the same boat, OP. Rest assured it is definitely fucking up our gains. But for me having a few drinks with my girlfriend or my friends at the end of a stressful week is something I'm not giving up for any gains.

Only pussies want to ban things for being "harmful" fuck out of here, god gave us alcohol to take the edge off.

kek

Lmao wait until you’re 30 and the hangovers last two days MINIMUM

> taking roids while at 220 lbs
> and drinking
Jesus Christ. Post body, please.

Damn bro! You must have been a monster! Hell yeah! Right on!

It's not like society wouldn't be absolutely terrible without it though, I mean I'm no pol-tard but most hardcore religious asshats don't drink...

Not him, but here in the UK on a Friday night 3 shots is basically what you do in between your main drinking.

I'm 32 and managed the art of drinking enough water mixed with hydrocarbonate if I ever drink way too much.

Every single serious bodybuilder/powerlifter and athlete disagree with you and clearly say bingedrinking even once a month sets u back alot but keep living in ur crab bucket mong.

>3 liquor shots
>high tolerance
Mate there’s 14 year old girls that’ll neck more than that

>implying everyone in this thread isnt' 14 year old girls

Attached: 123.jpg (236x233, 12K)

let's see a single quote

Being drunk is fun. Being fit is fun. Get fit first, then get drunk. Limiting your drinking to holidays and truly special (read: unusual) occasions ought to be plenty of boozing for anyone. If you do this, you'll probably find yourself going sober even when you planned on drinking. Drink less, worry less, have more and better memories. That said, I still get shmammered every Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's/July 4th, but it's assuredly AIDS for gains.

I'd actually like to see a quote. I bring drink about once a month and am curious to know if it is affecting me much. For real a quote would be appreciated

pretty terrible. switch it for something better like weed, but weed is still bad, ideally go straight edge

Like with fucking everything that feels good, do it in moderation. I'd say drink 2 times a month, tops. It truly is a gainkiller and you can't get a proper workout when you're hung-over. Just don't be that fucking faggot who abstains alcohol completely and guilt-trip your dyel friends who just want to have a good time.

Attached: 223465336.png (1280x720, 1.82M)

>mfw dad was a severe alcoholic
>mfw parents used to fight daily
>mfw I have the mental willpower to down beers but not turn into an alcoholic

Addiction is a meme and it’s all a mental thing. It’s about your willpower to stop doing the bad things you’re doing.

I could smoke cigarettes, dip, drink, etc but will never be addicted to it. Every now and then, it’s ok to indulge in these things

Attached: DA34128D-589A-4D5C-9F6B-398AE68F89A8.jpg (598x714, 303K)

Fucks up the quality of your sleep, which fucks up recovery.

Alcohol fucks with your sleep and hormones which is where you will see the most disruption in your pursuit of gains

>tfw mogged by a Chad fratboy who drinks every day and never hits the gym

It’s not fucking fair

Attached: 9A664AAF-81E5-4867-9E60-5588DA762659.png (1070x601, 507K)

Nice cope.

Attached: Blank+_10707c2a28b9af6bf9beab8358d53d0e.jpg (1000x904, 119K)

>he says that as if 220 is a lot
fucking twinks

always gets me into fights, which raises my test.

Cope

Not him, but my dad is an alcoholic, his brothers are drug addicts who have been in and out of rehab, but I literally have no interest in any of that. I might drink a couple of beers every other weekend if I’m at a bbq or go out with some friends. He’s (that user) is a retard though. Yeah, addiction is all a mental thing, but that doesn’t really change the nature of it. All it really is is someone’s dopamine receptors being fucked up, so they need a “high” to supplement this to bring them to normal levels.

Inflammation sauce

I know Olympic swimmers that get shitfaced pretty often. Biggest dude in my gym also gets shitfaced at the same club I frequent pretty much every weekend.

Are they 25 or younger?

Big dude is 22, swimmers were 18-19 last time I saw them.

Exactly

Exactly how none of the posts quoted in the chain above have mentioned age?

I am also below 25, so being young allowing me to drink with fewer bad effects applies.

On a personal level it's absolute Kryptonite, kills gains, adds calories, quite often do coke when drunk, I eat shit and don't train for days later, I also get terrible anxiety when I'm hungover

Only slows it by 1 hour per serving, which is how long it takes your liver to remove it. So 1 or 2 drinks is no big deal as long as you account for the calories and avoid IPAs.

>If you take a step back and look at alcohol and its effects objectively it actually becomes pretty absurd that it's legal
We tried banning it once. Didn't work out so well.

>that being sad i have high tolerance
No you don't. But whatever tolerance you have can be reduced by going without for a few months.

That explains why your country is such a dumpster fire.

>I mean I'm no pol-tard but most hardcore religious asshats don't drink...
They do their drinking in private, user.

>tfw you're 30
>drank hundreds of liters of vodka
>never had a hangover

Based turkish grandpa saying it's not alcohol it's medicine to raki... yeah but no...
I'm not saying the salafis and wahhabis are not consuming other shit, but they're really rigid on alcohol and pork...

Sure thing bro thats why they will never be the best and for quotes you want look up every single one at the top and see how they stand on it, do you think thor gets shitfaced every weekend? No because its not fucking optimal it never is . And for the rekord i get shitfaced often but i dont pretend its doing no harm like u deluded retards.

Why would you drink 1-2 beers in the space of a week?
If I'm drinking I'm drinking to get drunk
I don't drink booze because it "tastes good"
If I wanted something that raped my health and tasted good I'd just have chocolate milk

this whole discussion has never been about the 0,001% of athletes dipshit.

My bf likes to down a 6 pack of beers and a whole bottle of wine every weekend. I worry about the long-term impact of so much consistent alcohol consumption on his health and have tried bringing it up to him, but I think I may be too direct or I am not explaining the risks in enough detail enough for him to understand. Am I wrong in thinking that much alcohol for one person is too much? If I'm not wrong, what harm is actually likely from consistent alcohol consumption?

>my dad and co-workers all drink whiskey constantly
>they're all fat as hell and have giant swollen alcoholic heads

don't do it bro, the only decent looking alcoholics are wine-drinkers

Attached: 52821180.webm (640x800, 434K)

>I like chocolate milk and hate adult drinks. I'm a little baby with tiny muscles.

Do you hear yourself?

Kicked booze
Kicked Mary jane
Kicked amphetamines
Kicked coffee
Kicked my vape
Kicked jacking it
Kicked yunk food

Life is boring but I do feel better. And less fat. Seriously, the weight just came off on it's own somehow.

>That face when you realize Charles Woodson and Dwayne Wade both own their own wine brands.

soberfags BTFO

Drinking beer every day will make your head the size of a watermelon, just like those fat mexicans or boomers.

Fucking women and their anxieties.

Just tell him to cut it out as it's unhealthy as fuck, he knows it's unhealthy.

I fucking hate retards like you. It's obvious that not drinking anything is optimal for anything relating to fitness. The discussion is how bad is it.

Certainly drinking a liter of vodka a day will almost surely prevent you from achieving almost any fitness goals. But drinking 6-10 drinks once a month? Not as clear. Once a week? Not clear either. I think we all want to know on average what kind of gains are we missing out on with occasional drinking events.

I GUARENTEE you respond with another retard post with no subtly.

Beer is far more estrogenic than s o I.

>doesn't drink a glass of red to get heart social and sophistication gains daily

dirty plebes

It's a hard drug that's only legal because we couldn't keep it illegal.

Stating the truth != want to ban. The only reason we don't perceive alcohol on the same level as other hard drugs is because it's legal and ingrained into our culture. It's pretty hypocritical to want all these drugs to be illegal but turn into a total apologist once alcohol is brought up.

Arnold, the best body builder in history advocated drinking beer over milk and you can find that audio of that on youtube. Michael phelps smokes weed and drinks occasionally. It's all about not over using these things.

technically you are correct, there are certain people, often extremely ideologically or religiously driven who don't become addicted to drugs through sheer force of will, however, you are not one of them.

Just had a beer with 300 grams of beef first thing after my workout. Is one unit really gonna affect my gains in any significant way when consumed with a protein rich meal and followed by proper sleep?

Nah youll be fine.
t. Just drank a colbitzer and cooking some prokchops

alcohol -> acetate -> fat depositing

it is the gainz goblin

yeah, of course addiction is mental. Until you get to the point of literal physical addiction, you can break any addiction with a strong enough will. That's why people can go cold turkey off heroin.

that's what the [spoiler]gear[/spoiler] is for

Patrician taste

>dad used to drink a small glass of good whiskey or wine with mom
>died at 70

unironically why i practically never drink anymore. I wanna live longer for my potential family.

Is makes you deficient in a lot of shit

If you want to make it, stop drinking fatty

youtube.com/watch?v=VP2fPTnt7RY

>not too much

smoke weed instead :