/creativegeneral/

Hello anons welcome to another creative thread

Post your creations (of any kind) here and I'll review them.

Here's my first album; soundcloud.com/user-262160346/sets/endless-always

Attached: ss+(2016-10-14+at+11.47.04).jpg (596x591, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-839555189
soundcloud.com/keanuc/chipping
youtu.be/oUnPlrfYlAA
blrd.bandcamp.com/releases
drive.google.com/file/d/1J5nJi8qNAa4yA_xiAxlemulykgd1tsth/view?usp=drivesdk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jNSB7GKOOH8
youtube.com/watch?v=mgCy3A9UHpo
youtube.com/watch?v=H6wJHKTWUU0
clyp.it/bqhtugov
soundcloud.com/dirtyslacker
soundcloud.com/keanuc/skorpion
m.soundcloud.com/givemeanonymity
youtu.be/GMZpiIm9Nv4
youtube.com/watch?v=dWpvJa1W5X0
soundcloud.com/konstantemusik
soundcloud.com/user-24941529/babic-voodoo-business
soundcloud.com/daniyyell
soundcloud.com/daniyyell/cant-think-of-anything-to-say-acoustic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>soundcloud
>music
>creative
Aside from the fact that all the "music" posted in these thread is static noise teenage emo-tier garbage, there is literally no effort in buying FL studio and making that shit you posted in your link. Its about as creative as shitting on a canvas and calling it art.
There is a huge about of garbage being submitted to soundcloud every day, yours is not special and no one cares about it lol.
Take up a real hobby such as sculpture, painting or writing.

kill yourself, you keep posting the same shit. don't you have anything else to do faggot?

>Take up a real hobby
Like mindlessly browsing a site full of autists and fags

Write and make good music with real instruments or take up a real hobby, loser

shilling my shit
im sorry

soundcloud.com/user-839555189
music is emotions, same as painting. that's all I gotta say.

>sculpture

Attached: 95F2E3E7-7555-4035-BB13-2154C4FB4BAD.png (714x500, 109K)

Stop trolling and fuck off my thread you faggot. Get a life.

I like what you have so far, do you have any full songs or just demos?

no full songs

soundcloud.com/keanuc/chipping
>incel rap / reeee-core

Attached: 1546237009606.png (726x805, 217K)

Did you make the beat?

Op here, does anyone know how to play the drums that I could talk to? Preferably post rock/post punk drums.

I really want to get creative this year. I"m thinking about buying a cheap camera and start learning a little bit of photography. I also wouldn't mind getting into digital art. Woulnd't mind making a song or two this year.

This will be easier to do once I get on disability tho

Attached: blue eyes retard dragon.png (1495x687, 48K)

I love photography, you should get a film camera, very rewarding to create beautiful prints, I did it for a while and I loved it. Also very easy to do.

I do DJ work on the side, and this beat is a remix/mashup of two different beats by producers Gin$eng and Grim respectively. They both made beats using the same instrumental stems as part of a contest by another producer named Virus And The Antidote. I took both of those beats and padded them out with samples from horror soundtracks

I'm a guitar player who's also been looking to do an internet collab with a drummer, they're so rare in my area.

youtu.be/oUnPlrfYlAA
Posting this again, I'll have a new video soon because I'm tired of just posting this same one over and over. Again, just myself. Next video I'll have people that aren't me, I promise.

>Photography
Grab yourself a DSLR, they're usually pretty versatile and easy to pick up. I personally use a Canon 70D, which I got for around $1000 but eBay's probably got it at less.

Learn some shit about exposure before you buy, and test it out with your smartphone camera if you want some experience.

Attached: 960AD241-75B5-41D1-BF01-951CF0A68CF9.png (492x356, 278K)

Acoustic drums on DAW's all sound like shit and it's so hard to make a realistic sounding drum beat :\

blrd.bandcamp.com/releases

Can anyone pls buy... I'm starving to death...

Thanks for always posting in my threads user, appreciate it.

>discouraging creativity
>probably so asshurt that his own "le brilliant" music isn't getting hits that he has to take it out on earnest artists
can you just do yourself a favor and give up the ghost lmfao

No problem. Sometimes I wonder if anyone actually notices.

I still would appreciate someone telling me something, anything at all, about this little screenplay. Is it just too short to criticize effectively? Even IRL I don't get much feedback other than "Yeah it was good user". I just want to know what people like or dislike about it.
drive.google.com/file/d/1J5nJi8qNAa4yA_xiAxlemulykgd1tsth/view?usp=drivesdk

I just gotta say, user, this is incredible. Amazing work.

I think I kill threads

Naw, its just that creative general is a kinda insular community and once everyone has already seen each other's work its hard to get outsiders to come and check it out too. Doesn't help that SOMEONE didn't use the official OP image...

Man, I want to give you an honest critique but giving something like a screenplay a dedicated read is a bit of a time commitment. Might want to find a dedicated writer's forum to show it to instead

Fair point on the thread killer thing.

The screenplay's only like 4 pages, probably too short to even be called as such. I get that I should be going to someplace like /tv/ for critique on that specifically though.

Okay, I just finished it. It throws a lot at me at once for an opening sequence, making it almost feel like a black comedy ie In Bruges. Many overused tropes already, like Joe getting kidnapped with a burlap over his head complete with a burly thug named Enzo, but maybe you were just aiming to get these ideas onto paper quick. Part of me wants to understand Joe's motivations better as well as his condition (the pills), but a larger part of me finds it hard not to see him in a cartoony light, like a Johnny The Homicidal Maniac type deal.

Your actual writing voice feels genuine and unique, but so far the content is not all that unique. I don't think you should give up on this at all, but I think you should put more thought into the world and character building if you want it to be taken seriously.

Absolutely fucking based.
I strongly disagree with your contempt for music as an art form and your advocacy of sculpture, painting, or writing (kek) as """real hobbies""", but I still love your post because soundcloud kiddies make me want to fucking Shuaiby myself. I've literally only ever found a handful of soundcloud producers who don't completely and utterly suck ass in every conceivable way.
In his defense, OP's work is ok, pretty blase and trite in a pseudish sort of way, like it tries way too fucking hard to be SOMBER, SERIOUS, SUICIDE-INDUCING music, but it's not ackshually "bad", just kind of forgettable and too dependent on a particular kind of shallow minimalist aesthetic. I'll probably still download these shits if I can, they would make good driving music. Every track reminds me of the "Government Commissions" version of "R U Still In 2 It" by Mogwai.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jNSB7GKOOH8

Attached: 1483143538622.jpg (1200x900, 261K)

I edited visuals on a track produced by a fellow robot: youtube.com/watch?v=mgCy3A9UHpo
I'm currently working on a request, I should upload the finished result by the end of the week or so.

Attached: 1254.png (1280x960, 393K)

God Bless you man, for real.

>name dropping In Bruges and JTHM
Fuck, am I that obvious?

>many overused tropes already
Yeah, a lot of this is super tropey primarily because I just wanted to get something onto paper. I had the idea and I was itching to get something I could shoot out asap. The general beats of what I plan to shoot are still there though.

>part of me finds it hard not to see him in a cartoony light
Y'know, a lot of that was actually the thought behind him, that he's just some random dude who happens to be really good at killing people and just kinda does it on occasion.

I'd initially had ideas with the pill thing, something about psychosis or some other mental illness, but maybe I should just get rid of it entirely and commit to him being just average.

Again, none of this was terribly well-thought out to begin with so a little critique really works wonders.

Glad to help and happy to hear your work is coming from a mind of good taste :D

I made a sort-of-vaporwave album.

youtube.com/watch?v=H6wJHKTWUU0

Attached: SD.jpg (564x565, 73K)

this is me This pic related is some freewriting I did last year. continued in next post

Attached: freewrite1.png (541x745, 68K)

and that concludes our simple little tale

Attached: freewrite2.png (543x587, 54K)

You should send out demos to internet labels.

When was your last meal?

recently i started drawing fat cat diary to cheer me up

Attached: 1.jpg (1200x858, 738K)

i don't know his name yet

Attached: 2.jpg (1200x865, 689K)

but he seems nice

Attached: 3.jpg (1200x863, 713K)

This is going to be part of my new EP. I'm about half finished, I've got these two and a couple other WIPs. It's part DnB and then just other weird stuff. I don't really make any particular genre but I like the DnB beat so I use it a bit.

clyp.it/bqhtugov

Fat cat a cute. CUTE!

I wanna do some more impressive things with my code. The most complex thing I've created is a command line version of blackjack.

Which languages have you been learning so far?

i like it
seems innocent

I agree. It's refreshing to see humor devoid of any politics or commentary these days

Got any more of these? They're kind of charming.

soundcloud.com/dirtyslacker

I just make music, got so much shit ready to be put up soon maeennn

Attached: 9a9cb0e88e7d0862c2233852399e2304.jpg (640x480, 36K)

Python and C++
Its mostly just that I don't know how to go from purely text based stuff to something visual. I know that I can kind of represent something as a 2d but idk.

thank you so much user!
he's supposed to be innocent and kind. in the part where he says 'no problemo' he's talking to a work buddy who asked him if he could by any chance took his night shift at work.
glad you see that user.
i dont have any more of these at the moment, but i will draw more for sure. i'm glad you like it.

here's a poster i've made two years ago. has a similar vibe i think

Attached: IMG_2618.jpg (1200x900, 732K)

I draw shit but never finish the drawings

Attached: soso.png (1401x2502, 917K)

Honestly that's the sort of thing you could mass produce and sell successfully in the mainstream.

you think so? i was always too insecure about my art to show it in the mainstream social medias and stuff like that. but maybe it's time to consider joining facebook. i don't know. would people really like this?

"Artistic expression" is the ultimate display of narcissism.

The lack of any objective measure of quality attracts those who have failed or would have failed in any other pursuit.

If you play sports and you aren't very skilled or talented then you lose the game, are not picked for the team or relegated to the bench. With a conventional work-based skill you will not be able to attain the required qualifications or will not be considered employable in your chosen field. Academic pursuits require you to form insightful ideas and convey them accurately for others to disseminate, if you are unable to do so you will not be considered an academic.

Artistic expression has none of these limitations for the unworthy applicant. No matter how bad you are you can always lean on the crutch of subjectivity. It doesn't matter if somebody thinks it is bad, no one's criticism matters because it's "just their opinion" or "they don't understand".

This is why it attracts so many hopeless losers. The 'tortured artist' archetype, toiling away in hiding to master his craft for the benefit of the unappreciating masses, is part of this narcissistic delusion. Everybody creates for selfish purposes. Nobody cares because nothing of value is being created, not because they don't understand or there is some big break on the horizon if only the right people would take notice.

t. too lazy to develop any significant skill in anything

imo the subjective aspect of art is overrated and you can easily tell a good piece from a bad one when seen side to side. These liberal sissies are the ones that use it to seek gratification and praise while putting no effort in studying the basics and bettering their craft. Anyone who tells you just dont understand how good their painting is are fucking retarded.

I posted my music in the last THREE (3) of these threads in a row and not a single person has listened to it. 0 plays. Meanwhile I listened to literally everything else posted and gave feedback where applicable.

These threads are not for sharing art with your robot bros anymore, they are purely for people to indulge in themselves. Worse than soundcloud threads on /mu/.

Oh well, back to /prod/.

me again just finished this cut this morning. produced by SwitchbladesForKids from /mu/
soundcloud.com/keanuc/skorpion
>trapcore / hardcore trap

Same man, that's just how it is sometimes. I'm used to it because what I make is for a very niche audience. Which one are you bro, I'll critique it

Attached: 1524786272456.png (1404x938, 1.92M)

I'm not posting in this thread because I've given up on them now and it is pretty undignified to beg for attention like that. Just making a point. I'll check out yours though brudda.

Well man that's your choice, I'm telling you right now that I will listen to it though. Thanks for checking mine out

Here, took me almost a week but I finally managed to finish this art piece. It's called "the ethereal fire of my lungs". Most low iq people won't understand it but art is not for plebs anyway.

Attached: Screenshot_20190117-143421_Gallery.jpg (720x1280, 391K)

Have you contacted the Smithsonian about getting a statue replica made for the piece?

hey that's me!
hope you enjoyed the tune, i have a lot more coming

I spoke to Mr Goldberg and he was enthusiastic about installing up scaled version in City park.

i really like fat cat. make a website now.

I feel like you are trying a little too hard to sound like a dark and evil badman with the vocals, like the effects and stuff are pretty cool and the lyrics are fine for the aesthetic you are aiming for, but it's just the way you project your voice comes across a little unnatural and a bit like you are trying too hard. Also the vocals were a bit too loud, the track is interesting enough but it's overpowered by the vocals the whole time, you gotta work with the production because the rest of the song is just as important as the vocals.

t. white person who knows nothing about trap

I really am too edgy for my own good. The last track I posted the criticism I got was that I wasn't projecting my voice enough, so I tried to correct that with this one :D I think we might all have to accept that my vocals are awkward and unusual for the genre.

As for the mixing of the vocals, I am total balls and dicks at it. I only use a usb mic and audacity to record and mix, and just don't have the patience to learn better methods or the money to pay for studio time. I'm kind of fond of the raw aesthetic personally but I know its probably gonna sound awful on some sound systems; it doesn't help that I mix with headphones instead of monitor speakers.

I really appreciate this feedback, its the most helpful and genuine I've gotten in a while

Yeah well the thing is you have to project, but you have to project your natural voice. It just sounds a little put-on if you know what I mean. A lot of people find a following being dark and edgy, but it needs to come across as genuine.

The more you learn about mixing and mastering and production in general, the better your music will be.

Okay I see what you're saying. In all honesty that just is how I sound, both my upper and middle registers sound awkward and I have basically no lower register to speak of. I'm a natural tenor. On the plus side you're not going to find anyone else who sounds like me lol

You're right, but my ability to concentrate on a single topic is piss, I barely made it through high school. It would probably help to invest in studio monitors at least, that way there's a higher chance of what I'm hearing in the mix being what everyone ends up hearing in the mix as opposed to my current setup with headphones

You can get a good mix with headphones but you need to reference it on other systems a lot to get an idea of how what you hear differs from what other systems sound like.

Failing that just compare it to other similar tracks.

Have some no-effort teenage emo-tier garbage to cheer you up
m.soundcloud.com/givemeanonymity

I don't know if what I do is creative, but I enjoy it. Haven't uploaded anything in a while. Gonna be doing a vid on gangstalking soon.
youtu.be/GMZpiIm9Nv4

no offence this is garbo

youtube.com/watch?v=dWpvJa1W5X0

This vid took a bit more work but it was worth it, even if it doesn't get a few thousand views like the others.

Attached: Sip.jpg (550x550, 43K)

I'm building a exact replica mould for Stradivari's 1716 "Messiah" violin this weekend.

Attached: DSC01879.jpg (2592x1944, 1.49M)

Damn, nice. Will it be playable?

Don't tell me you're one of those dudes who makes Jow Forums related youtube videos for normies who wanna feel "in on the joke" without actually coming here..

soundcloud.com/konstantemusik

Rate me faggots

Attached: konstante.png (500x500, 35K)

soundcloud.com/user-24941529/babic-voodoo-business
what does /r9k think of my beat , i tried quite hard on it ,

Attached: 1547738645023.jpg (689x693, 36K)

hahaahah ur here too man , we gonn have to do colab soon babic x keanu

The first one will be made of spruce which is MUCH cheaper than tiger maple and many American fiddles are made of spruce, so technically, I hope so.

This is an 'idle hands' project for me to work on while I'm waiting for my regular projects to dry/cure or whatever so it will probably take me until the fall to finish it. I'm making it to see if I can make it more than anything, but if the results are good (especially the purfling), I'll go on to make one out of some well aged tiger maple I have.

I'm also going to make a 10 string kantele from poplar and walnut. I'm not a luthier by any means, but I really want to experiment with instruments this year.

lol you know I'm out here shillin and hustlin.

Any fans of stuff like Aphex Twin or SOPHIE need to check this guy out ^^^

That's incredibly impressive, I hope you end up being able to make some money at least locally for your work

Don't tell me it's another retard who thinks its about normies, redditors, le epic robots xDDD, and didn't watch a single video.
Fuck off kid, why aren't you in school.

Who wants to hear my ideas for a comic book that I want to write someday? I'm gonna namefag myself in case one of you tries to steal my ideas.
>Working title is "Powerful"
>Takes place in a world of superheroes
>Superheroes have existed for a long time, ~80 years
>The history of superheroes in this universe is parallel to supeheroes in actual comics history
>First is what's called the Golden Age, which is 1940s to early 50s
>Superheroes are just becoming popular, and people are starting to want to know all about them, and everything
>Namely Captain Power, the first ever superhero
>He's a founding member of the NSHA (National Super Hero Association)
>Dr William Rhymes is the top scientist of the NSHA, makes all the gadgets and machines and etc.
>Also there's Cosmic Man, a character who is the strongest in the NSHA by far, the Ex Machina of the team who saves everyone every single time things get tough
>There are other heroes but I'm not gonna mention them because this is supposed to be a quick rundown and I only want to mention the most important characters atm
>He also has immortality as his power
>Then comes the Silver Age (1950s-1960s)
>The NSHA goes on more wacky, crazy adventures, esp adventures in space
>Then comes the Bronze Age/Dark Age (1970s-90s)
>Stories are more down-to-earth, gritty, dark, edgy, etc
>In 1999, Cosmic Man goes batshit insane and tries to destroy Earth
>Takes the entire NSHA to stop him
>TLDR everyone in the fight dies, meaning the entire NSHA and CM
>EXCEPT Dr. Rhymes, the immortal scientist
>He decides the age of supeheroes is over
>He spends the early 2000s making the NSHA more of a military force
>No one has any powers, everyone instead has power mech suits
>Supervillains still exist
>UNTIL the 2010s
>When a group of ethnically diverse teenagers get superpowers from some mysterious ways
>Rhymes takes them under his wing and decides to train them as "classic" supeheroes
Cont?

Maybe I can sell a violin in America (I'd probablly ask $500 if it's good). I can't sell that internationally because I can't positively source where my Macassar Ebony for the fingerboard came from, so it could very well be seized at at the port for CITES violations.

I highly doubt any American will but a kantele from me unless it's for a hipster wall decoration, ergo, I'm making it out of common woods not on CITES so I can sell to the Baltics and Finland.

now that's an interesting hobby

Well, my hobby/small biz is being a cutler, so a violin is new grounds for me. I honestly think violins are beautiful -in looks and sound- so I figure I should give an honest effort to make one.

By no means do I think I will become a master violin maker or anything, that takes decades of conviction, but I want to contribute what I can. Maybe someday I'll hear some college student play Mahler on mine. That would be awesome.

Attached: DSC01559.jpg (2592x1944, 1.9M)

what the hell is a dude like you doing on Jow Forums? where you an original gentleman that just never left?

I'm socially awkward, have no close friends, really can only talk to people when I'm in "Sales" mode, haven't been on a date since December 7th, 2011 and feel more comfortable in my shop with wood and steel than I do at a bar with a bunch of Dudebros cheering a fucking game of Millionaire Collision on TV.

... well fair e-fuckin-nuff brother
I'd have a pint with ya and listen to you wax poetic about wood for what its worth (no homo)

Thanks. I can go on about cocobolo for days (both the good and the bad). People do like to talk to me about my knives and always comment that they love my business card. I think they mistake my aloofness, shyness and social awkwardness as "Mysterious Artist" when it's really just "Retarded Autist."

Attached: cards.jpg (1556x1167, 358K)

Greetings from /fa/, origionally

well hello there fellow /fa/non

Attached: 1543829742857.jpg (1080x1041, 450K)

soundcloud.com/daniyyell

Thanks for listening if you do. Staves off boredom.

Attached: yo.jpg (824x970, 103K)

Hey! You're on here too.

At least here people actually relate to me a bit, everyone on /mu/ just blows me off as a joke. Assuming you're I listened to the tracks you posted there, some decent songwriting chops you have.

What do you know about gangstalking. Feel free to ask me anything about it.

Oh lord, can't you take it to /x/?

soundcloud.com/daniyyell/cant-think-of-anything-to-say-acoustic

Did a countryish song the other day. In case you've already heard my other stuff.