Did becoming an alcoholic help with your social anxiety long term? I mean the brain changes are permanent right...

Did becoming an alcoholic help with your social anxiety long term? I mean the brain changes are permanent right? So they could help with anxiety eventually.

Attached: 1_b2fvmsXSvghFde9ycHN2Ag.jpg (550x443, 18K)

no
it makes this sworse
don't drink st all
it doesn't help y
it
if you're ins position where you need alcohol to help yotyu like that then you will only develop op pp a depencandy on it
don't ever drink
try snd battle ou anxiety another way

Yeah, no - your body gets accustomed to the alcohol so that you are super anxious whenever you aren't drunk, super depressed when you aren't drunk, and when you are drunk, you feel rather depressed and anxious still.
I've been an alcoholic for awhile. Would not recommend.
Benzodiazepines were ok. But my psych cut me off.

Nah. It made it worse, eventually causing me to develop panic disorder.

I've noticed a trend when it comes self-medicating mental health problems with drugs: It absolutey helps short term, and this feels good, so you continue doing it. But long term, it always turns out bad. Always. Stay away from that shit it you legitimately want to get better.

op
I now how you are
three people consecutively have told you no
but you will become alcohol dependant anyway because you always knew it was bad for you
you hate yourself and a don't want a true path to salvation. You just want to saddle yourself witth an addition just just so you can make your life harder, because you hate yourself.
I can't stop yourself doing this. You'll iehtet come around one day, or kill yourself. `Whatever happens, remember either will be better to now, and most won't care

no - you have all your previous problems plus you're an alcoholic

Bsaed drunk postr

Attached: 1531708809021.gif (737x700, 75K)

Microdosing might work but getting a true buzz every time you socialize will send you down a path to being an even bigger fag. You will act like an annoying asshole when you get truly sauced. You are only that wonderful kind of charming and smooth if it's under your control, which is obviously not the case when you're an alcoholic.

Get used to smoking weed with people (not fucking easy) if you need a crutch substance.

NOT BAESED

Attached: Photo on 17-01-2019 at 09.02 LOLOHKGJ.jpg (1080x720, 136K)

I've been an alcoholic since I was 16.

It sucks balls.

You get mind problems and physical problems.

Also you get psychosis if you go heavy I've had it for a while I'm smart enough to know it's bullshit but it still makes life like hell.

Anyone else feel like they should've seen their problem from a mile away?
I always hit the bottle hard whenever there was a party or social gathering yet no one said anything about it

I used to sip enough alcohol so id be decently buzzed but not drunk every day and that worked out pretty well for me but the problems began when i started getting absolutely blasted every day and i couldn't stop or reduce myself. When i get drunk everything just turns into this emotional chaos and all the walls you put up when sober come crashing down and not in a healing way like when you take psychedelics. I spent a lot of nights drinking and walking to a nearby bridge over train tracks and trying to convince myself to finally end it. I'm glad i stopped drinking and that i didn't continue to a point where it becomes impossible to stop.

One thing I've learnt is people suck.

Just found out loads of stuff I have told my sister while really drunk and really high she has been telling everyone including parents.

That's the last time I ever talk to my sister. I knew for a while she was a cunt but then I thought it should give her the benefit of the doubt but my initial thoughts were correct.

She's one of the only females I talk to and she is the only person to betray me.

My parents will go mad if I use drugs but if I smash booze every night they don't care all they care about if what the tv tells them to care about.

Family sucks.

I've been aware of my alcoholism since basically the first time I started drinking.

All my problems are caused and solved by booze and on the cycle goes.

I've come close to death twice because of booze maybe three if I count new years I cut my self up and then drank some isopropyl I didn't know if I'd survive or not so I guess I tried to off my self.

Oh my god

Dont do this, its going to make it far worse than it ever has been before.

Attached: Screenshot_20190116-172010.png (1080x1620, 1.75M)

Idk what these dumb ass cunts are talking about but for me, alcohol helped me hold conversations and be able to tell jokes and shit. Ever since I stopped I can only think of a few words to say and cannot hold a conversation as must. Being sober sucks

>starts drinking alcohol
>becomes more sociable when drunk
>actually enjoys being drunk
>ff 4 years
>borderline alcoholic at this point
>drinking vodka like water
>alcohol starts fucking me up
>depressed as fuck every time I'm drunk
>suicidal thoughts
>switched to drugs
>becomes more sociable when high
>actually enjoys being high

to be continued.

I feel like this is going to be my faith too

Attached: 1536765005976.png (564x1083, 680K)

Drinking with people is a good way to make friends but drinking alone will make you an alcoholic

Yeah, one time I cut myself up pretty badly while drunk enough to lose a liter of blood. I can't handle it too well in my current state of mind, but it used to bring me so much joy.

Alcohol fucked me up more than it did help. But I guess so. I've been through so much shit that now being kind of awkward or stuff like that couldn't bother me less. Maybe if I did't drink I'd still be an awkward kid that never fucked up his life.

how do I stop drinking alone

If I knew I wouldn't be posting here

Attached: 1537710798456.png (633x758, 22K)

I only take 1 or 2 drinks to take the edge off but I rarely get drunk. Alcohol helps a lot with my anxiety but I don't want to become an alcoholic and spend shit tons of money on booze. Also your body will start getting used to it so you'll need more drinks to feel normal

don't be an alcoholic, man. i've struggled with anxiety all my life and became a severe alcoholic years ago. it makes the anxiety and depression ten times worse. i'd never had legit panic attacks until alcohol became a problem. not to mention the nightmares, constantly feeling like throwing up, shakiness, hallucinations, hearing things, MASSIVE anxiety, dehydration, not being able to eat. the list goes on and on. don't do it

I was a pretty bad alcoholic in my teenage years just kind of grew out of it.
my tolerance has remained the same though. I can drink damn near anybody under the table. the only person I ever met who I couldn't out drink was a afghanistan veteran with severe PTSD who would start out every day with a 6 pack and finish with a gallon of whiskey.

drinking with friends kind of sucks though. unless I take back to back shots they all get drunk before me and I always feel like the sober guy around a bunch of drunk idiots.

Attached: 1408054418863.jpg (700x700, 216K)

On the topic of alcohol. How much do you need to feel drunk? I'm under 21 and can't buy anything outside an establishment, and the most I've dared to steal at once was a glass of vodka, one of scotch, one of wine and a couple shots of glogg. I couldn't really feel anything. Do you need to down like half a bottle or what? Am I mentally impaired?

personally I need like half a bottle to get there but most people would get drunk off of a quarter a bottle, or a 6 pack.

it did a little bit yeah but i'm a social drinker

You'll know when you wake up from a blackout and you roll over to check the date and time on your phone only to notice you've downloaded the tik tok app and it's time to reevaluate your life.

Attached: wake-in-fright-009.jpg (300x180, 9K)

Fair enough

Oriegsubq

I'm a britbong I can drink forever if I pace myself but don't drink to try and get drunk user or you'll end up doing regretful shit.

I've done some horrific shit while pissed during blackouts honestly I don't even know how I have the balls to show my face anymore.