Anyone ever dealt with chronic low-back pain/injuries from DL and squat?

Anyone ever dealt with chronic low-back pain/injuries from DL and squat?

Last year I went through an intense few weeks of perfecting my form, and my chronic back issues went away.

The pain is back, and for the past 6 weeks I've been doing leg press and other leg exercises to keep my leg strength as my back gets back to 100%.

Last week I did a few reps on DL to see if I'm ready, and the pain instantly came back.

Anyone ever dealt with this?

Attached: dev.jpg (740x560, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PLHY2-nt-y4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

imagine doing squats and deadlifts lmaooo

>Anyone ever dealt with this?
I have. Even went down to 1pl8 dl to perfect my form, didn't matter even with the strictest control. Switched to romanian dl and problems went away. Squats on the other hand I never had problems with, make sure you brace correctly.

you mean wear an actual brace? from what I've read, that's actually worse because your stabilizer muscles don't get worked as hard

lmaoooo what would you have me do instead?

I have intermittent back pain because one time a while back I got ahead of myself and YOLO'd deadlifting 5plate and blew out my back. Never had any problems that serious again, but occasionally I'll get spouts of back pain now and again after overdoing it. However, it doesn't seem to be re-herniating my back, since usually these flare-ups go away in a couple days if I take it easy.

In general, what I do if I'm getting a back pain flare-up is
>do exclusively front squats rather than back squats, since I can do them pain-free because you can keep a vertical back angle
>do pullups only rather than doing any rows
>do back extensions and/or barbell hip thrusts rather than deadlifts
Then after it dies down I'll switch back to my normal routine with squats, deadlifts, etc.

I've suffered from squating.
I deloaded and went very careful. Despite this, pain lasted for two weeks until I had to full stop.
One month later I restarted, again very slow. I had to buy a belt (first time in my life using it).
Two months after the pain appeared I was able to lift the weights where I left.

>you mean wear an actual brace?
lmao what, no
youtube.com/watch?v=PLHY2-nt-y4

could be an aggravated nerve
go seek professional help
physiotherapy

bulgarian split squats, hack squats, legpress, back extension, kettlebell swings

I blew out my back deadlifting two years ago. It never really got better but i've switched to front squats and sumo deads and my back hasn't felt as good in a long time.

currently trying to rehab my back from a Grade 1 anterolisthesis of L5 at S1, with bilateral spondylosis.

My symptoms can be brutal sciatica, savage hamstring cramps, calf cramps, foot cramps all along the same side. Also, I can be doing the most mild of trivial light work and my back will suddenly feel like I've got an icepick stabbed in it. Sucks

Basically I've had to give up deadlifts entirely. I can lowbar squat with only mild issues. I'm thinking about working a glute-bridge in as a sub for deads. Can still build that posterior, without vertically loading the spine, and creating the stressloads at L5/S1.

Also, I really like DeFranco's Limber 11, especially the Iron Cross stretch. Also the extended child's pose from yoga with really deep abdominal breathing.

Had an x-ray done, and that fucking L5 is literally a half inch forward from where it should be on the sacrum. Doc said it's especially frustrating, because other than that issue, I have the spine of a 20-year old. (actually 46).

Also look up Cavaliere's method for treating a herniated disc. My issue is not disc related but that hanging stretch feels fucking fantastic.

>all these people fucked up from squats and deadlifts
>despite the damage caused they still try to find ways to perform these ludicrous movements

How is your day Sean? Drinking again ?

THANK YOU

Well the general knowledge is that squats and deads are the most valuable compound movements.

What would you do instead?

See a doctor/physical therapist before you go straight to snap city

For deadlifts
>deload
>switch to a trap bar
>do hypers to build your lower back
For squats
>deload

>physiotherapy
a giant meme
he should see a chiropractor

I injured my back a few years back (sports type injury, not lifting). I've tweaked it three times since, twice doing squats and once in a bad fall at work (I worked in a factory at the time). I do a few yoga type stretches I found on youtube or online for about 20 minutes everyday and I think it helps me recover. I'm still apprehensive about doing squats after the last time and just stick to leg press and machines since. I want to get back to squats soon though. I've never had a problem with deadlifts.

Something else, dumbass. You already dun goof'd. You've made yourself weaker instead of stronger and if you keep doing it you'll make it worse. Swallow you pride and do other exercises.

As for your back try inversion table.

Fucked myself in october with squats. Di it tired went to low. mri said l3_l4 hernia.
Did not get surgery. Can't run. Jumping feels fucked. Thought he'd go away. Tried DL two days ago, pain comes back. The worse is I feel like a jenga tower. Still train and look good but fuck even coughing and sneezing hurt. If someone tackles me I am done. What do, wait more?

Attached: vulture.jpg (405x452, 21K)

nice troll sean

Saw that jeff video too. Any positive results ? When I arch my back while on the floor and pushing on my elbows the hernia feels pinched and even more painful.

Who the fuck is Sean, knobhead?

Is bracing safe? Doesnt it lead to hernias

yeah, mostly the hanging decompression is the best for me, but I don't have a herniated disc, I've got that anterolisthesis, and the listing remedy also seems to do me some good. I agree with you 100% that the final prone extension step seems to really aggravate my particular condition.

And Jeff recommends AGAINST the iron cross stretch, but in my case, that thing is a life-saver. I think at the end of the day, you have to try reasonable, educated solutions but still listen to what your body is telling you

Take the L, it's body building not body breaking lmao
Suboptimal safe gainz is better than optimal dangerous gainz

Bracing is what prevents hernias

>Last week I did a few reps on DL to see if I'm ready, and the pain instantly came back.
Stop doing what's injuring you. Seriously, that's fucking stupid.
Wait until your back doesn't hurt anymore and switch to trap bar deadlifts, they're easier on the spine. And use weights that you can handle.

All right cheers lad