Beta vs Alpha

Discuss, is Adam "Shard my pants" Conover right?
youtube.com/watch?v=F4yz-P94n0Q

Attached: Capture.png (646x494, 535K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BPsSKKL8N0s
quillette.com/2019/03/19/an-interview-with-lisa-littman-who-coined-the-term-rapid-onset-gender-dysphoria/
youtube.com/watch?v=koTV3EGwWDI&ab_channel=truTV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They are both right. Alpha and Beta are not scientific concepts which can be directly applied to human behaviour because Betas can succeed through other means. Joe is also right because in a broader context there are very clearly more succesful and physically attractive men. Adam just seems annoyed at the MGTOW crowd that treat women as strictly biological creatures lusting after "alphas in the pack".

They clearly exist and are observable, but I think beta and alpha are more of a sliding scale in humans, as human alphas of various levels and types don't typically try kill each other when they come into contact like a lot of animals do.

Was literally just watching this and paused to make a thread here.

This nigga (adumb cuckover) also talks about trannies in this podcast. He tried to argue that children should have more access to hormones and puberty blockers. Just stutters and completely ignores Rogains points about how they’re too young to even know who they are let alone make such a major decision. If a 13 year old boy thinks he wants to be a bitch, his mommy gives him puberty blockers, in another 12 years when his brain is done developing it’s not even gonna be able to realize whether it made a mistake, his brain wouldn’t have been shaped the way it’s supposed to be. But of course Adfaggot Condicksucker wants a world filled with gay trannies and no more alpha men.

This retard is only relevant because soicuck smiling resistors found his college humor videos funny despite that anyone who can use google could have made it, probably even done better than him (by being actually funny and providing actual facts instead of appealing to the adult baby culture)

Technically, yes.

But just because the labels lack academic rigor doesn't invalidate the underlying traits.

Women generally like men who are in-control, strong, powerful, depend on few to none but have many rely on them.

Someone who is vulnerable, subservient to others, weak and weak-willed, with little control over their lives is not as attractive.

So yeah you can get into arguments about whether those traits are alpha or beta or how rigidly they're defined, but that doesn't change the fact that one cluster of traits is generally related to one another and I'd attractive and the other cluster isn't.

What the internet thinks of beta and alpha is a warped one. There are ranks below betas and betas have the potential in becoming the alpha. The thing is that alphas are the ones that are able to make strong social connections with others, that is how they gain power and rise to the top. This video of a guy that did chimpanzee research on this is pretty good: m.youtube.com/watch?v=BPsSKKL8N0s . One example was that there was an alpha Male weaker than one of the other beta Male chimps, but he maintained being an alpha because he formed a bond with the former alpha male older chimp so if the stronger beta were to attack he would get tag teamed.

Not only that, but alphas are the most empathetic of all ranks, and experience the same amount of stress as the low rung males.

Mostly, yeah
The whole Alpha/beta thing is just an excuse incels use to avoid putting any effort into improving, they are on the same level as fat fucks gulping soda and blaming "muhgentics"

His assumption for the basis of his argument is that someone who is chad won't be able to fit in a fag environment like a dnd group, so thus chad=/=chad. This is just false, the leader in any beta circle will always be the most chad out of all of them and will share the most similarities with any real chad its just they can fit in there because they care about the topic. An awkward anti-social person will always be out performed by someone who is leader as long as they have the same equal part in a group.

>women are hardwired to be attracted to confident, athletic man
>I-i-i-i-i-i-i d-d-d-don't think t-t-that's truth

That guy is an utter moron. Why was he own this podcast? He's not an e pert in anything.

>shard my pants
Is it ok if I post a poop I just took in this thread? I’m wondering if it’s supposed to be like this

Attached: 2E0A61E7-C87F-4782-B42F-71DBC0670F67.jpg (4032x3024, 1.43M)

Looks good to me.

I have OCD and I inspect my poop after every shit.

The meme version of alpha and beta is obviously false to anyone who's hung around other people ever, but Adam is a fucking retard for claiming nothing is inherently attractive in men and that social hierarchies aren't a big factor in that. It's a sliding scale that changes depending on the situation and people, like damn near everything social, but the base idea is undeniably real.

>well Joe, we’re speaking about a hypothetical child. What if we had actual trans voices here, who um, supported me?
>>What about the trans people who have regretted their transition?
>oh! Uh, um well uh we really don’t have them here to talk so uh yeah
Clearly his IQ is too high for Joe, or anyone really, to comprehend

I think he was trying to say that you aren't alpha/beta forever and can freely change your role at any point in time. And because of this, alpha/beta doesn't really apply to humans in the same way it applies to animals, hence the concept doesn't really exist for us. But even with this, he still sort of admits that it exists. He could have done a better job explaining it though.

Thanks I wasn’t sure cause it looked and felt harder than normal

>that haircut

you can tell this guy is an idiot with a single glance

Attached: 30523436.webm (640x800, 2.39M)

You can't just freely change your role at any point, though. You can always find a way to move down, but there are a lot of people who won't ever reach the top, be it because they are too ugly, too short or too dumb, they'd at best be king of the trashcan.

Where's the dick?

>thins don't exist if they can't be confined to human languages

His IQ is actually low.

>"You say there are alphas? Well, actually, let me scientifically disprove something that's not what you're talking about."
Kikes. Every time.

This is true
Types exist, Adam is a switch playing, onions guzzling retard and doesn't want to admit he's a lazy cunt
You can fluctuate between the types by putting in work, like Rogan did by spending half of his life doing martial arts

No it's not muh genetics, muh face, muh height or muh whatever

Attached: 1555590868530.png (500x806, 342K)

>I think he was trying to say that you aren't alpha/beta forever and can freely change your role at any point in time. And because of this, alpha/beta doesn't really apply to humans in the same way it applies to animals,
If this was his point then he's fucking retarded because bears go from being a beta in a group to the alpha and vice versa all the time. The beta becomes the alpha the moment he gets the current alpha to back down from a fight.

Kek, like I said, if he didn’t get lucky with having soifaced redditors find his show funny, he’d be nowhere. He’s just a low test beta who can use google.

this is robot tier JRE clip, gtfo with this trash.

I had to turn this shit off watching it honestly

liberals are a cancer to the earth and have no fucking intellectual honesty about him

as if "situational confidence" goes to explain all of human hierarchies and interpersonal dominance and that alphas and betas DONT EXIST.

No, it's called you're a fucking beta, you identify as a beta, so you are upset about being a beta and that there are men out there who would fuck your wife, almost certainly now because you're an emasculated liberal, and you live in a deluded reality where you pick the truth that serves you as opposed to objective truth

Also, dude doesn't even have a grip that sexual dichotomy exists and there's androgenic indicators on men that are universally attractive and sexually desirable

get the retard off the fucking stage. The tragedy of the 21st century is that these retarded liberals have an infinite platform to band together and shit post propogate all of the other retarded beta liberals upset with their position in life and too much of a fucking loser to accept responsibility and make changes

I honestly don't even mind the thinking overall, I love less competition, you want to be a fag tranny, go rock that shit hardcore, more for me, but don't come up to me and try to police my non-pc language. only a fucking faggot would submit to pc language

This is basically what it comes down to. Manchild leftist with massive yet fragile egos simply cannot handle seeing themselves in the "inferior" side of things (beta). Most of us betas on Jow Forums accept the reality of things and simply strive to become better, even if it would be easy to simply cope and lie to ourselves.

Attached: the arcade chad vs the jarpig virgin.png (1116x1200, 549K)

You know what’s sadder about the fact that they’re chooisng the what protects their egos best, that they’re coping? Like most incels, they don’t want to put in the work to improve. They just want the cake without working for it. I.e. they want dem presidents who will make everything easier for them

This
Errybody wanna be a badass but nobody wanna do no badass shit

>tfw you realize adam basically has the same brain as fat chicks on tumblr demanding everyone find them hot as they are
wtf I believe in trannies now??

Attached: 1555386722206.gif (382x308, 1.47M)

This is my experience too.
In high school, I was in a bunch of "nerdy/beta" clubs and activities. In pretty much every one, the leader or most popular member was always the most chad and socially well adjusted member.
The same applied to sports teams, where every group has its share of betas/cucks at the bottom.

Is Alpha/Beta an absolute, scientifically concluded dichotomy? No. Is there an observable pattern to male hierarchy? Of course.

No, I think Adam is just stuck in the whole “oh well I know one thing is technically morally correct/saying and believing in and acting like a certain way will keep people’s feelings from getting hurt” mindset. You can tell when people don’t truly believe in what they’re talking or arguing about.

hes just splitting hairs, he knows fucking exactly what people mean when they say alpha male.

>r9gay
>having hair
>white
Pick one

Humanities closest reference in chimps does not assert Alpha or Beta male dichotomy becuase Chimps are polygynandrous and are male bonded groups. Male and Female chimps have multiple partners throughout the mating season, lessening the sexual dimorphism between the sexes. Since Chimps are male bonded, females leave the group when they leave maturity ensuring that male to male competition remains relatively low so that chimp body sizes do not increase in size. Chimp troops are also lead by a group of males not necessarily a single dominant male and since everyone is practically related there is no reason to fight amongst each other. However in polygamous primates like Gorillas, the Alpha male does exist and is marked by high levels of testosterone and must fend off other beta males from stealing his poon. Whenever someone says "alpha male" in Homo Sapien terms they mean someone who takes what they want and commands a large amount of pussy, usually guys who are aesthetic or really charismatic. There will always be chads and virgins, however humanity has the unique ability where the chad can be altruistic to the virgin and help him get poon instead of the virgin having to remain in the friendzone and cucking himself raising the females child.

Nearly everything Conover said got fucking countered throughout that entire podcast. On the other hand, he makes a good point that a lot of guys will try to paint an alpha as having traits that they have, hence them getting concerned when he calls the whole dichotomy fake. Scientifically, there is no solid social hierarchy in human beings, but he's painting it as a black and white statement when it's much more complex than that. I used to assume that he merely oversimplified every issue he discussed because he was confined to a ~5 minute time slot for his videos, but this podcast has entirely convinced me that he's genuinely incapable of delving deeper than the surface of a topic.

lol everyone is just upset cause they think theyre alpha. who fucking cares?

>Beta bugman says Alpha/Beta hierarchy don't exist
color me surprised

He has a TV show and is famous enough to go on this podcast. Prove you aren't a bugman and post your face pussy

settle down adam.

Coward

He doesn't know anything about science though. He sounded retarded.

Should have just cut to the root of the matter and said "Someone being more successful or attractive than you isn't an excuse to atrophy into an unfuckable manchild, you constantly whinging cretins".

That's all the argument really pertains to, nobody else cares. And would continue to not care in the slightest, if Jow Forums just did what Jow Forums was supposed to do and serve as a containment board for defeatists ready to shoot themselves on mommy's dime.

Attached: 1449236892227.png (600x636, 448K)

Fag

DONKEY!

Attached: E03B544E-4566-4BEA-99F9-966CBE1B2324.jpg (900x1580, 276K)

How come you never see jacked dudes with harems telling us that the alpha/beta dichotomoy doesn't exist?

it's very telling that it's always skinnyfat onionboys

You see very few people giving a shit about this sort of dichotomy in general, and most of the people who do are literally /pol9k/ tier retards who definitely wouldn't count as "alpha" in it.

Exactly though

alphas aren't concerned with presenting themselves as alpha. they just are.

but betas SEETHE when they see alphas.

Alpha and beta are more a factor of height than anything.

No, that’s a small part of the equation. It is largely mindset.

>the closest we got to this was zyzz saying " im FUARKIN ZEBRA IM FUCKIN A SICK CUNT MATE IM A SIK CUNT MATE THATS WAT WE DO IN THIS SHIT"

Attached: 1523969656185.png (908x890, 107K)

Looking up at people fucks up your mindset.

>look at me I know how to quote posts better do it to the first 5 I see
I’m sure it would, I feel a little funny when I notice someone’s over 6’4” (I’m 6’1”) but I’ve met alpha manlets. It is all mindset man.

We used to call betas losers, its just another word for the same thing. The definition isn't scientific and varies from context to context. The issue is, like with everything abstract, low IQs can't understand detailed worldviews and apply their coarsely-grained filter to the concept, assuming everyone they meet is either 1. Alpha or beta in every single context. 2. Alpha or beta as a matter of science / genetic expression. Both are preposterous and don't even hold true of the wolves they were originally created to describe.

Still, anyone with a brain knows that "beta male" refers to someone physically weak, unable to express whatever level of intelligence that have, and socially "other" to the group interest. It's really that simple.

The example Adam gives in the episode he did on this is actually perfect. A muscle-bound Spring Breaker who's never touched a pencil at a D&D table with Darla Gotrapedincollege is gonna get memed on hard by the group if there's even one nerdy-but-put-together guy playing.

>The whole Alpha/beta thing is just an excuse incels use to avoid putting any effort into improving, they are on the same level as fat fucks gulping soda and blaming "muhgentics"

I have noticed r9k is insanely fatalistic and thinks they can't improve, and that does in fact sound like Fat acceptance women.

Fat girls = male incels.

9/10 you can take a chick who's leaning towards ftm, and talk her out of it. They have gotten their entire view on sexuality from tumblr, and they don't know any better. Often they're just dykes, or tomboys. After being talked out of it, they live normal fruitful lives.

citation needed

Alphas exist, they just come in different types.

pic very much related.

Attached: general-grant-meets-robert-e-lee-english-school.jpg (900x724, 130K)

This guy has such a punchable face.

I wish I popped like that...

quillette.com/2019/03/19/an-interview-with-lisa-littman-who-coined-the-term-rapid-onset-gender-dysphoria/

This is why science is fucking dumb.
>*pushes up coke bottle glasses*
>*dons smug nasal-y voice*
>um, actually there arent any studies that confirm or deny your assertion!
Sciencefags fuck off. Some things are self-evident and they don't need some nerd doing a randomized trial for confirmation. Where's the study that refutes the fact that some guys are athletic and confident and get the majority of pussy? Because that's the connotation of "alpha" when normal people say it. You can't even design a study that could prove or disprove alphas and betas. Scientists are a bunch of fucking losers who say retarded shit and then even bigger retards believe them because they think it makes them intelligent by proxy.

They do they’re just in prison

All the answers are so beta.

Yes there is alpha and beta makes. If you don’t think there is then you’re beta. If you didn’t know there was such a thing you’re alpha. Simple as that

well in generals some discussions should be more than just pulling out studies and facts because then the discussion just becomes "show me your facts bro"
just explain your views and defend them logically.

Height relative to where you are

Nobody gives a shit about DnD, and more importantly, women don't give a shit about it. The Chad excels in every day Life where as the dnd virgin will stay a virgin

The betas in human society are the workers aka wage slaves and the alphas are those with the resources who rule over them. The Rothschild's are an example of a human alpha.

Alpha and beta are an explanation of pack animal behaviors. We are primates so we are closer to other primates like apes where there are Silverback alphas, genetically predisposed to be alpha males and then there are the lesser male apes.

I'm not an expert on the subject but clearly there is a scale from Chad to virgin and where you lie on that scale is a direct indicator on how attractive you are to women for one reason or another.

>a bunch of butthurt betas mad that their meme words got btfo
lmao even fighting to keep your inferior label, pathetic

>beta male trying to tell a relatively alpha male that betas and alphas don't exist

the archetypal beta/alpha relationships that exist in nature don't really fit human society and interactions though. Just because you confident and are big and strong doesn't mean you automatically get pussy/respect etc. often those things can go hand in hand but there are too many examples of weak and introverted guys who achieve the same levels of success

Adam what are you doing on Jow Forums?

trying to ruin it

This. The fact that he assumes there are no alphas at DnD tables is way condescending too. Having confidence, social skills, physical features that signal dominance etc. seem to bring you to the top of the social order whether or not your social group is sterotypically chad or stereotypically beta. When I was a freshman in college the most popular guy in the anime club was a 6'1" built guy with a nice jawline, was charismatic enough to be able to socialize with almost anyone, and wasn't a greasy basement dweller. He also really liked anime.

It was great, Adam made a complete ass of himself so hard that he tried to damage control on Twitter about forcing kids to undergo hormone replacement. What a beta.

youtube.com/watch?v=koTV3EGwWDI&ab_channel=truTV

Attached: impractical-jokers.jpg (812x390, 58K)

You know it's a shitshow when Joe fucking Rogan comes out as the more intelligent one.

> too many examples of weak and introverted guys who achieve the same levels of success

There's really fucking not.

Honestly, you're engaging in some sort of celebrity worship if you think the "nerd guys" like, idk can't think of one, michael Cera are swimming in ass on the same level as The Rock or Arnie did in his prime.

The reality of the situation is, sure Cera can make a little tinder and get 10k matches, but even with relative famed "alphas", say, MMA fighters, the numbers of girls is easily 10x.

I know RSD cult pickup guys who can take girls off of c level celebrities like Michael Cera, sure they have money (not really that much when you're playing in the big leagues) and they're famous, but they're still very small fish in a big pond of LA or w.e

They can get the fan girls, but you're not going to see a wimpy guy get another A list celeb girlfriend like Taylor swift or what have you.

Being confident/big/strong exactly means you're going to get pussy/respect.

sure Elon Musk can have crazy 100 hottie orgies, but if even one of the chad extras show up they're going to take girls off him.

celebrities, and especially "beta" celebrities are probably 30% as cool as you think they are, at least. Sure they can social media and fuck just about anyone, but they get girls taken off them literally all the time by studs in hollywood with good game. Surely they don't give a fuck and can get another girl, but yeah, no.

Fat girls=incels is so spot on man

Even fat girls get love though oddly enough.

>science is fucking dumb

then lets go back to dying at 30. what you're talking about is the confirmation bias and cherry-picking data.

you aren't just going to flex a 'cep and take someones girl lmao, maybe if she's a for real ho but that's not really of any consequence.

>taking things this literal

NAYRT and you're setting up a strawman, but often a girl knows if she would fuck a guy within the first 5 seconds of meeting him and height, face, frame and strength markers play into that hugely.

Hot dudes can definitely slay pussy and steal it from weedish celebrity males.

>maybe if she's a for real ho but that's not really of any consequence

lol no one here is talking about finding their soul mate brah
this is a discussion about pure evolutionary psycholgy. legit, who gets to breed and pass on their seed. In most cases it is alphas.

Women are attracted to a range of different types of men depending on their cycle, they also show preferences for certain types when it comes to choosing short term or long term sexual partners. These guys are both idiots. Rogaine is an unread frat boy posing as a philosopher.

I think it's a game of semantics he's playing. People like Caesar, Napoleon, Hannibal, Carolus Rex, you're going to try to tell me these men wouldn't fit the idea of an alpha male most people have? They would but he's trying to argue some pointless scientific fact that it's not as well developed in humans I guess.

yeah bro, being an alpha is flexing a cep

Have you ever even picked up or interacted with a girl?

It has everything to do with how you carry yourself as a man, how you interact with the world, whether you bring more certainty and leadership into her world, and if you feel entitled to bang a girl like her.

Notice I didn't even say being big, muscular, or tall.

Can a guy like michael cera be an alpha? Sure, no doubt. Is he? No.

If you roll up to michael cera in VIP, you are cocky and funny and the life of the party, and you're more of an alpha than he is, you're probably going to get one of his girls. Yes, celebrity itself will give you 100x, but to say michael cera in his limited beta state is slaying hardcore and is the highest status member of his environment just because he was in a movie or two is retarded. A college aged chad with good game could fucking EASILY take girls off him.

>who gets to breed and pass on their seed. In most cases it is alphas.

You should get out in public and have a look at the sort of people who are breeding. Most of them aren't 'alpha'.

>Errr..umm
>Right?
>My trans friends
>I'm not so sure men on average like curvaceous women
>I'm not so sure that women prefer taller men over short ones
>Lightweight prosthetic legs that can't fatigue don't have an unfair advantage over natural ones
>I'm not an expert

Attached: The Great Hollow.jpg (451x432, 24K)

This dude's entire premise is incorrect
>humans don't have alpha and beta positions like animals do!
well no shit, animals exist within the same pack for nearly their entire life, humans are constantly surrounded by other people depending on where they are: work, friends, college, etc.

Human society and the dating pool are a constant push/pull to outcompete one another for resources and sexual gratification. This dude is a know-nothing loser coping because he's a beta

Keep coping and making excuses Bro

Your fucking weak if just looking up at someone makes you feel small

They're both right and wrong.

Joe is wrong about "alphas' having to be big and imposing athletes or that 90% of women would be attracted to that.

Adam is wrong in believing that social hierarchies don't exist and that women aren't typically attracted to those at the top.

Only the truest of chads can rock playing DnD. But obviously you're so beta that you couldn't handle a situation like that. Fuck you're practically a Charlie.

>arguing semantics
The alpha and beta labels are essentially adopted shorthand for what Rogman was talking about. Worrying about the scientific use vs vernacular use is just as pedantic as the argument of "rhetorical theory != scientific theory"

>"i dont believe that women are attracted to confident, athletic looking men"
I had to pause the video because I was laughing so hard

>that's the kind of arguments used to justify slavery
Wow. Less than 4 minutes in and he's thrown the fucking goalposts out of the stadium

I don't know if I can handle the rest of this Rick and Morty fan continue on

Never in human history did any group of people die at 30 once you account infant death rage the average age has only changed a couple of years

This isn’t even crazy compared to his sports take

>strawman