If you take your health seriously, what's the point in lifting squatting/deadlifting more that 3-4 plates?

If you take your health seriously, what's the point in lifting squatting/deadlifting more that 3-4 plates?

So many popular bodybuilders have gone through some major injury at some point through their life - mostly torn muscle or something with spine. If you need lifting tools like belt or straps to progress further, isn't it time to take it easy a bit?

Also, how often will you come across a scenario in real life where you pick up some object weighing ~200kg?

Attached: fivecues.jpg (1419x753, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

higher-faster-sports.com/nonfunctionalmyth.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wb5FLXClQcg
youtube.com/watch?v=pdZqgLNiP5M
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5650159
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nkzkGzjIWKo
medicalphysics.org/documents/WebPOTB.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

most natties can't reach the point where you begin to really fuck their shit up, nor can they reach the training volume where they really begin to fuck their shit up

>how often will you come across a scenario in real life where you pick up some object weighing ~200kg?
you must not live in burgerland or bongland. have you seen our women lately?

I dunno, isn't that the average weight of the American female?

You can easily progress to 4+ plates without belt and straps

How will I gain muscle when I stop increasing the weights?

Sure, but if you can lift 4 plates already, do you really even want to increase your size anymore? You'd be this big ball of muscle that can barely fit through the door frame.

Do you honestly think deadlifting 4pl8 will make you huge? Here's a hint- it won't. Not even close.

>squatting/deadlifting more that 3-4 plates?
This really isn't much. You would know that if you stopped making excuses like your whole copepost

as a natty? top kek

You probably haven't ever tried it, but squatting/deadlifting heavy fucking weight is absurdly fun and satisfying. It makes me feel more alive than anything else on this planet. Injuries are a part of any sport or activity. Lifting heavy weight is one of the safest activities you can do. Also, it has a massive amount of transfer into lifting all sorts of objects like furniture or boxes. The objects don't weigh as much, but their awkward shape makes them harder to lift.

Increase reps, increase sets , increase time under tension, decrease rest times

I agree with you. No real point in going above 2.5 plates for squats and 3.5 plates for deadlift. after that you are better off doing better quality reps

Attached: 07E9B64DC0F24C07A59A8091457B98C3.png (1000x1000, 177K)

>most natties can't reach the point where you begin to really fuck their shit up,
Jokes on you fag I injured myself squatting lmao 3pl8 last tuesday by either pulling a muscle or something which put me in constant pain for 2 days

Based and redpilled. Unless you're a fitness instagrammer or competitive lifter or some shit there's literally no point other than boosting your ego. You'll be jacked enough to mog most of the male population and impress 99.999% of women. If you truly want to be fit you should be branching out into all kinds of different types of athleticism - swimming, rowing, calisthenics, climbing, hiking, cycling, running...etc. putting all your eggs into the weightlifting basket is going to fuck up your joints, tear muscles, and strain your cardiovascular system. Not to mention the dramatically diminishing returns

Is this /cuck/ general?

It's because I want to, sorry you've never experienced freedom before

>t.

Attached: 1520902519991.jpg (442x500, 8K)

>strain your cardiovascular system
How?

Easy solution, just switch to doing more volume when you get that strong.
There is no real difference between doing 400lbs 3x10 and 500lbs 3x3. The adaptation is obviously slightly geared towards endurance and increased muscle glycogen, but realistically in an athletic environment it doesn't mean anything, and you can continue to build muscle.

>there is no difference between 500lbx3 and 400lbx10

Uh the difference is 7 reps and 100lbs. A man who can lift a feather 10 times may not be able to lift a rock once.

A man who can lift a rock, can definitely lift a feather. Nice cope though post body

You failed to mention that it's -7 reps and +100lbs, which counterbalance each other in terms of total work done.

Exploding your heart from overexertion

Explain to me where 7 additional reps means an assured 500lb DL when you try to lift it.

You are aware of progressive overload and how your CNS reacts to new heavier weight right?

You arent some robot

>Explain to me where 7 additional reps means an assured 500lb DL when you try to lift it.
That isn't my argument. My argument is that there is no meaningful difference in terms of athleticism or physique between the two. Obviously the adaptation between a bodybuilder and a powerlifter is slightly different, but in the real world it will never be noticeable. Unless you have to lift a 500lbs object for your sport (which is literally powerlifting and nothing else).
Remember that the context of this thread is that lifting lighter weights is safer than heavier weights, and we want to get stronger in the safest way possible. Hence why bodybuilding training is superior.
>You are aware of progressive overload and how your CNS reacts to new heavier weight right?
Sure.

Ok nice cope heres your logical breakdown
One man can do two things, one can only do one and attempt the other.

Who has accomplished more logically?

Not my president ;_;

>One man can do two things, one can only do one and attempt the other.
Actually this is incorrect. The bodybuilder can do higher volume than the powerlifter. The powerlifter can do greater weight than the bodybuilder.
They are two different adaptations.

2 days of minor discomfort isnt an injury you fucking pussyhole

What? I’m 20%-18% bodyfat at 180lbs and I’m doing 4plates right now? You wouldn’t necessarily have to be the swolest looking person to lift big weight

Sports in which explosive power is a benefit

>sprinting
>long jumping
>football
>wrestling
>boxing

Not the other guy but I get your point, I agree that bodybuilder training with an emphasis on volume is superior for growth, but to say that there is no athletic incentive to being able to squat 500 is erroneous

he said "2 days of constant pain", that doesn't mean "2 days until recovery"

>My argument is that there is no meaningful difference in terms of athleticism or physique between the two

You can stop posting now

Attached: images(41).jpg (267x189, 7K)

Test

>50471423
It's true. The compound movements are just for ego-lifting, baby-dick retards; particularly the deadlift. No one is impressed you can pull 5pl8, 6pl8, 7pl8, 8pl8, etc. No one gives a shit. You are fucking yourself up irreparably because you want to act like the big man- Newsflash! You look like a fucking penis, dude. You look like a raging manbaby. Grow the fuck up, you meatheaded idiot, unless you are getting paid an exorbitant amount of money to lift a heavy weight; you have no business lifting it. Anything above 265-315 is retarded cope for penile insecurity, pure and simple. Deadlifting should be banned universally in gyms, you destroy equipment for the sake of you feeding your bloated ego for a few minutes. Fuck you.

Attached: Bill_Kazmaier.jpg (350x396, 26K)

The difference between being able to explode with 400lbs 10 times and 500lbs for 1-3 times is not significant for the majority of athletic endeavors. Notice how virtually no one trains 1-3rms in any of those sports.
Says the namefag.
Just read this article and learn something.
higher-faster-sports.com/nonfunctionalmyth.html
>If you take a bodybuilder who regularly does sets of 15-20 reps and a powerlifter who regularlly does sets of 1-3 the bodybuilder will have a hard time matching the powerlifter on low reps sets but the powerlifter will likely have a hard time matching the bodybuilder on high rep sets.

"why get better"
"why improve"
"you're great where you are now"
disgusting lack of ambition

Are you serious? You think deadlifting is more dangerous than all of those things you mentioned? Do you know how astronomically high the injury rate is for running compared to lifting? All sports and activities are dangerous, but lifting is one of the safest ones.

i dont wanna be a faggot

cause it's fuarkin righteous, why would I choose to be weak hahaha lifting weights is wicked and heavier is cooler hahahaha

Attached: 1550697118550.jpg (433x427, 86K)

youtube.com/watch?v=wb5FLXClQcg
Here's a video where a wrestler trains some 1rms, mostly towards the end
youtube.com/watch?v=pdZqgLNiP5M
Here's a video where college football players work up to maxes squatting and benching. These two examples took me 30 seconds to find. I am a wrestler and I know plenty of track and football guys. A lot of our training is based around pushing heavy weight for low reps.

If you're retarded, you can fuck yourself up with any weight

t. tore rhomboid deadlifting sub lmao3pl8 like 8 months into lifting, now at 4 pl8 for reps. Lesson learned, stop when you feel serious fatigue. Also 5x5 deadlifts is fucking retarded, especially at heavy weight

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5650159

Maximal power training is superior for athleticism.

Fair enough.
>The training load used for OP was individualised using loads that maximised power output (41.7% ± 5.8 of one repetition maximum [1RM]) and repetitions at maximum power (4 to 9 repetitions, or ‘reps’).
You should read the study. The "maximal power training" they used was not 1RMs, they were using light weights lifted explosively.

>"why get better"
It's "is it really getting better?"
>"why improve"
It's "is it actually an improvement?"
>"you're great where you are now"
It's "aren't you better off staying where you are now?"

kill yourself crablet

>5x5 deadlifts is fucking retarded
DYEL

>that guy who does 10x10 extremely slow controlled reps of 4pl8 deadlift with 30 second rest times

imagine being this upset from getting mogged deadlifting

Attached: 1496948748342.jpg (800x804, 56K)

I'm new here and in my country we don't use "plates" as a measurement, how much exactly is 1 plate?
my 1 rep max is 200kgs, how many "plates" is that?

Attached: 1554667975965.png (680x680, 221K)

I can diddle 4 plate and I still look small

Each plate would be 2x 20kg. You don't count the bar in the total number of plates, so subtract that from total when calculating plates. 1 plate, for example, would be 60kg, and 2 plate would be 100kg, etc

This one time, I had to put heavy things in a wheel barrel and move it.

so 4 plates would be 180 kgs?
this thread is giving me a neat confidence boost, was getting kinda bummed that I was plateauing at 200 kgs (no belt, no straps and not mixed grip)

99% of the people at my commercial gym cant deadlift 2plate.

pretty much everybody at my gym doesn't seem to deadlift at all

Yeah I think people are scared to hurt themselves. Its kind of sad, a man who cant pick up something moderately heavy is like a boy who cant throw a baseball. I hope you all teach your sons.

You shouldn't use anything other than chalk until you hit 1/2/3/4.

Ironically women are fat because men are weak

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nkzkGzjIWKo

yeah, honestly even when I'm feeling very lazy (bouts of alcoholism and such) and don't want to show up at the gym I'll at least try to show up once a week to deadlift since through experience I feel like it's the most important factor to my back and the rest of my body feeling good and healthy in general

Violence makes me feel more alive than lifting

Because I can. And I will.
t. beginner

what is the point of living if we are going to die.

because 3pl8 is lest than 70% of 1rm

amen

I don't take my health seriously, I'd rather get strong and commit suicide by cop at 50 than stay healthy as a scrawny unlikable asshole at 90

>If you take your health seriously, what's the point in lifting squatting/deadlifting more that 3-4 plates?

The main reason is that the body is subject to many more pounds of force than we normally lift:

>When the body is bent forward at 60° to the vertical and there is a weight of 225 N (∼50 lb) in the hands, the compressive force R can approach 3800 N (∼850 lb, or about six times an average body weight).
>>medicalphysics.org/documents/WebPOTB.pdf

The amount of weight is not what causes the injuries; it's the ego and bad form that do. I've seen people snap their legs doing just 3 plates on the stupid leg press machine by locking out. Anyhow, I'm just saying the weight shouldn't matter, and if one can do more, they should and would likely gain better defense from other injuries. Remember, muscles grow fast, tendons and ligaments take habit and time.

there's absolutely no need to deadlift, not even squat too.
No one forces you to do so, do bulgarian split squats for quads which is even more manly and harder than squatting ATG.
Romanian deadlifts + facepulls are superior in muscle growth vs deadlifts

I herniated L3 doing dumbbell shoulder press.

This is beacuse you didnt deadlift heavy enough
Fact is that at point of 5/3/5 where I am srsly you cant get injured very easily and recovery to be not injured all the time takes up so much time
If you get to point of 3/2/4 its ok to focus more on body looks and improve your lifts very slowly. Getting stronger as natty is literally about balancing on injury/maximum allowed work point.

This actually. Only reason I wanna reach 5pl8. To pick up fat and arrogant us chicks.

>be me
>lifting 6months
>want to hit 1/2/3/4
>currently only at 0.5/1/2/3
Im so close yet so far. This is fucking hard man

I’ve been lifting for a month and I’m at 1/1.5/2.5/3 step your game up boi. Get on SS

What's that point exactly? I'm at 4pl8 squat and 5pl8 deadlift for reps.

Did you miss the world record DL lift? nobody gives a shit?

>being this mong

>not mixed grip
double overhand? or do you use hook grip
either way, good progress mate. blow the rest of these no-lift pussies out of the water

This is me but with 2.5 pl8. I look great for a 30yo boomer normie. Injury free all my life and theres no one in my social/work life (work in banking) who even comes close to me.
no reason at all to want to go beyond. Most weight ive ever done is 3pl8 x5, never tried to max out and never will. My only motivation is to keep the gains ive gathered well into my 50s

>siiiip

Sometimes I have to pick up your mom for a date

i dont squat or deadlift. never have never will. been gyming for 3+ years.

not worth the chance of injury. only people who do are bloat lords who think doing this makes them fit or meme kids who just started the gym.

>There is no real difference between doing 400lbs 3x10 and 500lbs 3x3.

Is this some sort of actual equivalency based on a system of such, or just SWAG numbers? No joke, I just honestly want to know, because the basic “volume” equation gives wildly disparate totals. From experience, I know lifting very heavy weights for quite low reps gives me relatively tiny volume numbers, but feels just as taxing, if not more so, than traditional (eg, 3x10) sets/reps.

I give a shit; I am impressed with deadlifts over 405. I am not nobody. Logic fail.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. Calling out everyone, in every thread on this subject, about having baby dicks, says more about you than us.

No. Try again.

4pl8 deadlift is 405 and yet you're saying anything above 315 is a cope?What a weakling...

t. 13 yr old who skinned his knee skateboarding

I use the double overhand up until like 170 or 180, by that time my hands are usually exhausted and I switch to a hook grip.
and thanks m8