It's impossible for skeletons to win

I'm trying to fucking squat but it's harder on my arms keeping the bar in place than it is on my lower body.

Trying to rest it on the "MEATY" part of the shoulder is impossible when there's no fucking meat there. Thanks, Mark. I put it right below my scapula and I have to actively keep it from sliding down my back as I squat.

My shoulder/arm flexibility isn't the greatest but that can't be the entire reason. This shit is rigged against skinny guys, it's not meant for us.

Attached: default.jpg (642x762, 88K)

fuck low bar squats.

try high bar squat instead of low bar

use the pussy pad

I also have this problem

don't listen to mark rippetoe, his advice is trash
it's perfectly find to stick to front squats and do other posterior chain work like glute-ham raises or hyperextensions
in 5 years, you won't be able to tell the difference

Eat moar

Do high bar squats. Low bar squats are only for powerlifters who actually know what they’re doing and memelords with no gains. High bar is superior for beginners.

Just squat high bar till you actually have traps and an upper back. That's what I did. Granted I wasn't full Auschwitz mode.

Use a trap bar instead?

I will tell you what no one else will ever say in here due to manly man syndrome: use accessories. Yes, use the fucking pad. I can guarantee without a shred of a doubt that not a single person irl gives a shit about it. I recently tried straps for deadlifts and it changed my world, I fell for the "work your grip bro" meme and stalled too much.

I’m doing GOMAD but it’s not like the weight is going to go straight to my upper back

I don’t have a problem with it digging into my body, though. Unless you’re saying pads help the bar stay where it should be?

>cant do backsquats
>do this more complex version requiring greater flexibility instead

Attached: 1a5.png (205x246, 5K)

Eat more

Front squats require less hip flexibility. Although it can be hard on the wrists, you can just use straps.
Or just do weighted lunges which are not really that much different from a squat.

It should be on the spine of the scapula you dingus, not below it.
Lean forward more (at the hips), squeeze your scaps back, pull the bar down into your back, and if it’s still slipping, chalk your back up

Use the safety bar

Attached: 61eAOOem2mL._SX425_.jpg (425x283, 6K)

>dingus
imagine dr. steve brule coaching someone

Do more facepulls and rows

a lot more

The equivalent of training wheels

Do highbad till your not a pussy

Or you know, you're physically unable to get your arms back to do a squat

My back and my right shoulder are moderately fucked up because of a crappy job I had for years. I can't do back squats with the straight bar, but I can use the safety bar no problem.