/SIG/ - Self Improvement General

Fail but fucking try again Edition.

Welcome to Greatness.
Let's start the process, and let's thrive.

Ressources:
Overall Guide
>newarcitea.neocities.org
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy self help resource
>dbtselfhelp.com

Books:
Meditations of Marcus Aurelius
>gutenberg.org/ebooks/2680
Mindfulness in Plain English
>misc.equanimity.info/downloads/mindfulness_in_plain_english.pdf
How to Win Friends and Influence People, Revised
>anonfile.com/j4K6XeT2m8/_Revised_Dale_Carnegie_-_How_to_win_friends_and_influence_people-Simon_and_Schuster_1981_pdf

Rather than rolling in this thread, you can find a random number generator just right there:
> mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom

Old: >

Questions guys
> Define what making it is to you?
> What are you proud of atm?
> What is your number 1 priority in your making-it-journey?

You got this lads, you're gonna make it.

Attached: SIG.png (900x506, 105K)

Attached: 7-Days impulse control and self-discipline.png (1332x1949, 348K)

How to deal with crabs pulling me down the bucket

Attached: o.jpg (727x1000, 184K)

Told a girl I like her only to get rejected

Fuck it brehs I tried

Attached: Achievement poster.png (1650x2200, 472K)

I train like an animal circuits, running and boxing. I can't get a handle on my drinking beer, wanting it most days because job and life is stressful fucking weak I know. Only having about 4 pints every other night but still fucking myself. Sad.

Attached: 1553074983183.png (458x560, 620K)

If you never told her you wouldn’t have made it with her anyway.
On to the next one.

Don't cry about it. Fuck that bitch plenty more around by law of averages you'll get some vagina, keep your head up. Also don't be friends or try to contact or shit with this bitch again, they love some validation don't give it out.

Attached: IMG-20190222-WA0002.jpg (720x540, 44K)

I totally missed out on having a high school social life outside of school and I'm currently doing the same thing 3 years into college. I feel so empty. I'd give anything for awkward teenage years and heartbreak over some dumb relationship that never would have lasted anyways. I have friends, I'm doing well academically, I have money saved up, and I'm fit. Anyone looking at my life from the outside would consider me objectively successful, but I don't care about any of that stuff.

I want to go back and be normal. All I want is another human being to love me.

Attached: 124141.jpg (1024x669, 56K)

Grills be damned, user. Move on. Also, cold shoulder her from now on.

i dont know if she wants to fuck but at least tomorrow i will no longer be a kissless virgin at 18 :)

Attached: LEI06XcS.jpg (750x304, 30K)

Well, you can’t go back in time, so the best time to start is now. Idk where you are, but if it’s the US, then it’s Thursday night, which in most college towns means going out to drink.
Go out to a bar and meet some people.
If they wonder why you’re alone just say your friend flaked on you.
It might be hard to approach people, but that will probably be the hardest part.
Ask them what they’re studying, if they’re in clubs or activities, what they like to do around your town.
Then, Join a club or activity yourself and likeminded people, even if it’s the chess club or video game club.
Just put yourself out there, you won’t meet anyone in your room.

who is the sig waifu chick who was on wife swap again

Don’t blow it. Pick something funny and lighthearted and not too complex like Anchorman or really any of those Will Ferrell et al movies that normies love quoting.
Just play it cool, and take some cues from her, don’t push it.

I'm a commuter. I have friends, but it's just different. Nobody asks you to go somewhere on a whim. I have the numbers of the people in my classes, but no one ever wants to meet up. People tell me I'm funny and that they'll miss not having me in their classes next semester, but then why doesn't anyone ever want to hang out? I'm trying to draw and learn music theory so that I can have some productive hobbies instead of sitting around playing vidya, but I feel so isolated.

Being a commuter doesn’t necessarily preclude you from joining clubs, and maybe ask classmates to meet up somewhere to study, like a cafe or a casual restaurant/bar in the afternoon on a weekend

Attached: Beginner guide of meditation.jpg (518x3648, 2.4M)

Absolutely based OP pic.
I want to become buff and confident like All Might.

What are some mindfullness tactics that y’all use? I’m tired of fucking shit up because I was day dreaming and not paying attention

definitely reading "fuck me" vibes here
congrats user

How to cold approach people? Not even necessarily girls. I moved into a new state and I don't know a single person here. Help...

Attached: 1554982669267.jpg (480x486, 25K)

I feel the same way user. Not to gloat but I go to a top 5 undergrad in the USA and am really good at math, and have lots of friends. But I basically never interact with women and really how could I; I share very few interests with women (I literally study math JFL) and there's basically no reason for me to talk to a woman anyway, I go to parties but everyone at parties shows up with friends and girls are all showing up with their friends so its basically impossible. Kinda like efficient markets hypothesis predicts, there are no lonely girls, if they were, they'd be swept up instantly by the raging demand for females.

Anyway, this all probably sounds like bullshit rationalization but whatever I kinda needed to get it out. Sorry for derailing post/thread.

I find it really easy to cold approach men. Usually I make offhand remarks about the weather or something in context (I am pretty into fashion so I compliment fashion choices and start a convo from there sometimes).

I am incapable of doing it with women. I feel like women will just be annoyed if I try to talk to them. Also I feel like it's kinda a no go to compliment women on fashion because it makes me sound "creepy", whatever the fuck that means.

we've been talking more and we've explicitly said that we're going to fuck so that'll be fun. thanks brothers.

What the hel? Are you a fag? Why would you approach men?

Attached: gay-5.png (287x417, 158K)