Who /livingontheroad/ here? This is truly the comfiest lifestyle

Who /livingontheroad/ here? This is truly the comfiest lifestyle

Attached: New_Gen_Cascadia_LT-325.jpg (500x400, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/SuperTruckerdan/videos
youtube.com/channel/UCN4pW_kFkTBSZZkRcWH073A/videos
youtube.com/channel/UCgjtE-eH4UXLqQ97BWnvqfw/videos
primeinc.com/paid-apprenticeship-cdl-training
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tell us your story user.

I've been considering doing something like this for a while, but I'm probably too much of a brainlet.

How do you do it?

If you don't know how to drive a car and are too afraid to do so i don't reccomend it, but if you really want to do it just go get your permit and find a company to pay for your license

Learn how to drive stick. Buy a wheel and pedal setup and head over to /ovg/ for sim recommendations. ETS2 is ok, but you won't get the full driving experience IMHO.

You a road dog bro? And when you are dealing with 10 speed transmissions its a whole different beast compared to regular 5- 8 speed transmissions

Oh look, it's an impoverished guy who looks like a balding truck stop brute homosexual who convinced himself his filthy vehicle is his sanctuary.

It's time to grow up and maintain an actual home, manchild. LOL

Attached: fortv.jpg (541x470, 45K)

I'm considering it, but I've only just recently acquired my normal license even though I've had my learner's permit for over 8 years in a row (since I was 15.5). And, I have been driving all that time in nothing but stick shift V6 cars.

I did seasonal UPS an the trucks can't be that much different. I'd love to get a paid CDL training job, but they all require 2 years of driving licensure. Oh well.

>unironically being a trucker
Have fun having your job automated soon

Attached: Driverless-Truck.jpg (1190x595, 125K)

You got a discord? You only need the license to get into a starter company but all of the good companies just want a year. UPS Freight is actually paying 100k a year and if you were driving the bix truck as long as you weren't fired for something really bad then you can easily get back in.

Very few big carriers have manuals these days because of that, it deters people. The majority of trucks are automatic. The rare few that are manual are very different from a car. It's like driving a 4 speed with a switch to shift the pattern again, and you don't need to use the clutch. Let off the gas and slide it into the gear and lean back into the gas. you can actually do it with a manual car but you have to get it perfect or you'll fuck your synchros.

There's also a lot of truckers that "vlog" so you can get an idea of the life on the road.

youtube.com/user/SuperTruckerdan/videos
youtube.com/channel/UCN4pW_kFkTBSZZkRcWH073A/videos
This guys older videos
youtube.com/channel/UCgjtE-eH4UXLqQ97BWnvqfw/videos

And if you don't have the money for a CDL almost all major carriers pay for that, your travel to their training, food, etc while you get it and then you work for them. You'd need to research what companies best, but the example below seems to be pretty good.

primeinc.com/paid-apprenticeship-cdl-training

Attached: img (88).jpg (2048x1536, 1.1M)

Don't make him feel too bad - after all, trucking is the single largest job pool for low IQ men.

Attached: 1537357435310.jpg (1080x1080, 147K)

If I didn't get a delivery job at Amazon, I'd put my contact in this post. Now I just have to milk out my employment for 90 days to get sweet sweet free Prime (and benefits).

Primefag is that you?
>he really believes the sekf driving truck meme
>he strongly believes that hazardous materials can be hauled by a self driving truck
>implying that i wont be able to just buy my own truck
That concept audi truck does look pretty neat though

No wonder you're poor - you think free Prime is something to be coveted. A perk that allows you to buy shit you don't need.

If you know about twitch.tv, don't forget to click **this** button here. /meme

But really, I'd like to have my final goodbyes to my drug habits even if I haven't partaken in 6 months.

>If you know about twitch.tv, don't forget to click **this** button here. /meme
I have no idea what you're talking about, retard. Learn how to communicate properly.
>But really, I'd like to have my final goodbyes to my drug habits even if I haven't partaken in 6 months.
Oh, just another poor junkie. Got it. Enjoy your AIDS.

lol because thc and psilocybin lead to harder things amirite?

how is it being a "my body is a temple" person? do you enjoy fun without an unlocked turbo option? dementia sure does sound great...

driving in a loud ass, bumpy truck in the cold and having showers at truck stops does not sound comfy but you do you

Dont argue with schizo neets anonymous and whats this about free prime? You got details on this?

>lol because thc and psilocybin lead to harder things amirite?
Did you hallucinate my saying that they lead to harder things, silly junkie with AIDS?

I'll repeat: you waste money on shit you don't need.

>how is it being a "my body is a temple" person?
You're hallucinating again if you think I suggested that.
>do you enjoy fun without an unlocked turbo option?
That's your question? "Do I enjoy fun (...)"? Fucking retarded junkie with AIDS.
>dementia sure does sound great...
1. You can't even put together a sentence.
2. I'd rather have dementia than AIDS, now fuck off.

I believe working at Amazon be it delivery or even janitorial can garner you goodboy points for free Amazon Prime.

You're not my pastor! You're not my doctor!@ Don't make me break out my Psychology BA (I was 6 credits away from it being a BS). Don't make me break out my credentials like being chosen for skipping grades!! SEEK HELPO ASDIFHAWIERTUADSK F

No and none of them from the truckerfag general. Just want to spread info because I'm sure there's some people that don't know the opportunity is out there and would really enjoy it. Those that are in abusive homes with no money and feel lost can escape without going in the military.

Prime, Inc and Roehl Transport, Inc are supposed to be the best companies to work for if you don't have any experience trucking. It's just that Roehl will not pay for your transportation or a third meal of the day during orientation.

Yeah, trucking is excellent to loners and former neets because you can work alone and do not need to have any social skills to make twice as much as burger flippers. You just need to have the common sense to be able to drive a semi correctly.

Also, you will also need to have the desire to travel because it can get boring out there, and wanting to see new places, be it cities or the countryside, can alleviate that boredom some.

Roehl is good but working for them isn't desu because one fuckup and they fire you, prime is ok but the pay is garbage
I honestly would go with swift only because the biggest benefit is that you get away with so much once you get your own truck

I just watch anime and listen to music or if I'm near a big city I'll fuck some hookers and get drunk