Time to start bulking?

I think I have body dysmorphia bros... I’ve been cutting for some time now thinking I still had a lot of body fat. I wasn’t sure when to stop so I bought a body fat caliper and figured I was somewhere around 20% bf but every time I measure I get somewhere around 9-10% bf. Is this true? Im not a twink by any means but there’s not a lot of skin to pinch. If it’s accurate then why aren’t my abs more defined? I’m 18 5’11 and 162 lbs if that helps.

Attached: 8BE9061B-444C-494A-A5C2-40D778D13D85.jpg (1383x1422, 396K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Please bulk

But my tum tum looks chubby

def more than 10%

have you tried lifting?

I go to the gym almost daily :(

Don’t bulk just work harder, eat more protein

Attached: 2C5A2659-046F-4207-874E-BD1CC1E9CC5B.jpg (1664x1529, 698K)

Your body looks eerily similar to mine op, we’re gonna make it

slow cuts are memes man, every time i've tried to go on a 500 calorie deficit while lifting i just end up losing energy and getting weaker.

i honestly think fasting is the way to go for losing fat.

Here’s another pic from different angle

Attached: 38BA6839-DCDC-4B6D-B84A-B63F79226956.jpg (2075x2300, 1.52M)

theres no way you're not a beginner lifter so you should probably do body recomposition. eating at maintenance/-300 kcal you would still see gains while losing body fat
t. ex skinny fat that did that and got some muscles and visible abs

This sounds reasonable thanks user

IF works in my opinion. Doing 16/8 and even 18/6 on some days has made me lose fat without muscle loss. I just make sure to get as much protein in as possible during my eating window.

A man once said to me you shouldnt even think about cutting until you get strong. Get strong OP.

To be blunt, you look like youve been lifting for under 6 months. You also need recovery aka dont lift every day or you wont get gains.

Get big bro. The beauty of lifting is in pushing the limits of your body.

But Jow Forums told me to cut first

Cut and just keep lifting while making sure your protein intake is adequate

Train lats and chest and shoulders

you're 15-18%, you're bad at measuring or your skin has weird elasticity (kinda common, calipers suck)
you won't look good when you actually get below average bf% though, so for the love of god please permabulk until you can 1/2/3/4

13-14% bodyfat for sure I have a scale that measures bodyfat and I looked exactly like that at 13%

> I have a scale that measures bodyfat
this scale works by making an electrical connection from one leg to the other, it's only accurate for people who don't lift, since having any sort of quad strength bumps the reading down by 5%

I don't think you were pinching yourself hard enough, you look fatter than 9-10%

The scales that measure bodyfat are such a bad meme. Told me I was 14% bodyfat lol, then after one binging month i gained 8kg and my scale thought I was my brother based on my new weight measurements and apparently I was 45% bodyfat.

you look great dude. You have a tiny bit of baby fat/flab due to either being young or maybe you were a chubby kid at some stage. Definitely time to start lean bulking because it will be easier for you to get a define stomach rather then the tumblr flatboi stomach that tinder convinced you you need.

You have around 10-20 more lbs to lose

Thanks user this is the answer I was looking for and I was pretty fat around the age of 12

Everyone else look at this post. This is the moment op decided he didnt want to make it.
Op, ur hideous and need to redouble ur efforts cuz ur still skinnyfat.

try using the US Navy Calculator

fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy

I'm same height, abt 5 pounds less and pretty much same muscle comp and I'm about 13%.

I don’t get it

Looks to be around 15 or more. I look similar

Not him, but
>this is the answer I was looking for
means you were here to validate your own theory rather than change the way you work out for the better.

Oh I see, that makes sense, thanks. I was thinking too deeply I guess.

It is. IF is miles better than just restricting by something stupid like 500, or even drastic restrictions. In my experience

Just fast anons

the estrogen is strong in this one

Do you guys still cut while IF or do you eat at maintenance?

you basically lost fat and didn't get muscles. built more muscle and you'll miraculously look more 'cut'

Well I'm still cutting so yeah I'm eating below maintenance. Personally when fasting I find the restricted calories don't cause me to be fatigued, I feel more full with less, and generally feel more up beat. I'm also managing to still add muscle whilst doing it.

Fasting is cheat codes

cut or bulk?

Attached: IMG_20190419_100517.jpg (1080x1433, 116K)

Definitely cut, youa re already way chubbier than you should be even at the end of a bulk

You're right.

I've been cutting for 10 weeks already and have stagnated in all my lifts, only eating 1500 cals/day but weight isn't budging anymore. I also walk 15km every weekday and bike 40km every week aside from lifting.

whats your routine

gain muscle (bulk and follow a good program), you won't look chubby, at worst if you overdo the bulking you will look beefy
if you do it correctly you will look good

GSLP w/ upper body accessories

What works pretty well for me is to eat twice a day, and reduce carbs a fair bit. Makes me feel less hungry and the weight just tends to drop 1-2lbs a week without counting calories. That aside, its normal for the weight to not just decrease linearly, sometimes it even goes up for a few days due to water retention. A scale that links to a phone app via bluetooth is great for that as it lets you easily track how your weight changes, really put things in perspective for me.

Anyways, you should definitely continue to cut, if you give up you will regret it later on, and you will still have to do it

Attached: B68CC856-D483-41D9-82D2-EB0AF82A11DF.jpg (667x600, 222K)

do I bulk or keep cutting? used to be obese, then extremly skinny fat, now a bit less skinny fat

>inb4 gyno
I know

btw 186 cm 79kg

Attached: helppls.jpg (720x960, 129K)

Are you sucking in your gut?

Are you slutking in your slut?

no

Another exfat here. Same story. I just want my fucking love handles to go away. I'm still losing weight but I dont know where from.

Cut or bulk?

Attached: 8EF83F13-1794-4376-8D99-851340493DC4.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

don't worry, you've still got plenty of body fat

You're like 13
>Im not a twink by any means
umm, sweaty...

Thanks for the advice user

Cut or bulk?

Attached: 20190419_170921.jpg (783x596, 112K)

>almost
Spend more time in the gym, eat right and lift heavy

Am I still to small to cut?

Attached: DB376FB7-69C8-4C78-BD69-EE9874790E67.jpg (1242x2208, 1.36M)

What’s my bf??

Bulk my dude.
You arms are skinny as hell

Def cut

I went from 65kg to 73 ,but my arms are still skinny. Why? I'm heavy enough for my height. (178cm)

Small? No, you will look good lean, do it, look real good for summer

You'll always be too small you manlet
>when will they learn?

I’m on the upper limit of malet 5’10 mfl. On the plus side I’m dating a 5’2 QT3.14

This picture is from 5 months ago when I was a bit leaner

Attached: CB104925-95FC-4A25-A105-08D031F29F87.jpg (1242x2208, 1.74M)

Cut and lift.

Which program did you do?

You loo great but please take care of those pubes growing on your torso.

Post body.

BASED

should I start lifting soon?

Attached: 20190419_110606.jpg (1024x645, 283K)

I have a body similar to OP's, I got stretch marks on my biceps and left hip because I gained weight a bit too quick. I'm still not fat, but I'm getting worried. I absolutely cannot cut since I'm just at 1pl8 bench. What should I do?

Time to start bulking?

Attached: 1548171828031.png (435x398, 277K)

Plan to keep cutting till summer, maybe a bit longer. Should I or just bulk now? I don't know if my abs are just shit or if I'm still too fat for them to show

Attached: fat.jpg (1080x1920, 278K)

shoulda been lifting the whole time dumb dumb

>that babydick

Attached: 326741C1-3C5D-47AF-A388-24B9AB2243CB.jpg (376x376, 32K)

If this is real, SW, CW and how long did it take? Im a little smaller than your first pic and i am literally aiming for your second pic rn.

Eat some carbs, get a pump, and put another body pic. cause it looks like your too depleted to tell anything about your physique.

Eat some carbs, get a pump, and put another body pic. cause it looks like your too depleted to tell anything about your physique.

Continue cutting or lean bulk brehs?

Attached: Screenshot_20190419-102920_MyFitnessPal.jpg (1080x1564, 569K)

6'4
sw 240lbs
cw 173 lbs
took about a year but have been lifting on and off and not really seriously. I've just been skating and sometimes I'll fuck up my wrist or something so I take a break from lifting

bmi? im at a healthy bmi but i look incredibly fat. No offense but you dont look like you have any muscle either so..

jesus christ i just calculated it, im a "little" smaller than you and my bmi is 22 and yours was 29 WHAT THE FUCK how is this possible

yeah, I'm pretty skelly. I'm going to try to slowly gain weight for a while

Posted this pic in another thread but could use advise.

Currently cutting, down to 198 from 210 two months ago. Should I shred down for a few more months for the summer, or just maintain what I have right now?

Attached: bulk-or-cut.jpg (869x1445, 693K)

Don't gain weight my dude, you have the most aesthetic body i've ever seen.

nice panties and dick. are your initials i.c.