Do Planks help build and shape abs?

Do Planks help build and shape abs?

Attached: 038274503875.jpg (1232x496, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jYX5FpYZA7c
youtube.com/watch?v=QOCn3_iOAro
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=jYX5FpYZA7c

If you want teenage gay kid ones.

Not really, no

They help you get a medium amount of core strength, but you can do so much more.

Yes. The operative word here is help.

Based Jeff poster.

No, there's not enough range of motion for them to build any notable amount of muscle

ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN

Wait so I have to do planks in the kitchen? Why don’t they work in the gym? That sounds like bro science to me.

I don't know if it's my scoliosis but I can't do planks for more than 30 seconds without feeling like my lower back is getting all fucked up.

Dragon flags, windshield wipers, front levers and weighted incline situps are all good.

Why is it so much easier to do a sit-up on my bed vs on the floor?

Maybe because the bed gives under your weight as you move making the movement easier.

That's gotta be it but it just seems weird to flop around like a fish on the floor then crank out decent reps on the bed.

this

>buy ab wheel because I heard they're great for abs and I'm looking for something to do outside of the gym
>read they're bad for your back and I have scoliosis
Well what the fuck do I do for abs at home now, Jow Forums? I know they're made in the kitchen but I'm hurting for some core strength definitely

L-sits, hanging leg raises if you have a pull-ups bar.
And planks/side-planks are good

>incline situps
how the fuck. it’s decline you mong

Cant do levers yet, only tucked levers and 1 leg negative levers

>weighted incline situps
how do I stop myself from using my legs too much when doing these?

Just do THAT

Rom isn't important for core. Isometrics like planks are way superior and spine friendly on top.

whenever I think about doing an exercise, I come across a video or an article that says why that's bad and why you should never do that.. every time.

>whenever I think about doing an exercise, I come across a video or an article that says why that's bad and why you should never do that.. every time.
this af

>why you should skip Deadlifts
>why bench pressing is the worst
>why squatting can do more harm than good
>overhead press: the recipe for bad health

>thumbnail
Based

Attached: LYSH1sk7xj8.jpg (396x385, 21K)

The difference is that all those are bad if done with bad form or more weight that you can manage
The plank is bad because it’s not challenging

for a beginner it is I think.

squeeze your glutes and core

>for a beginner it is I think.
well, you have to try them some time, so you'll always be a beginner at that
but I know what you mean, I started all those with the barbell without weights

>He doesn't plank for 20minutes balancing on three medicine balls balancing on two bosu balls with a hot cup of tea resting between his shoulder blades

I do planks but in super giant sets of 4 exercises for 3 sets each.. then on another day I'll do ab exercises with weights

After watching the YT video in fpbp, definitely add more advanced planking exercises to my week

It's basic for abs. Do it everyday until you die.

Just do fucking push ups and contract your glutes and abs

Do plank shoulder taps.
youtube.com/watch?v=QOCn3_iOAro