Are rope pushdowns a meme? What is your triceps routine and how did you explode your tris?

Are rope pushdowns a meme? What is your triceps routine and how did you explode your tris?

Attached: triceps-Rope-Pushdown.jpg (950x475, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-rh3MHnRI_I
youtube.com/watch?v=2Ag4DcnC02s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lateral delt raises explode triceps

I find it very difficult to blast my triceps. It's one of the last muscle groups I struggle to hit like I want. Many of the push down exercises seem to hit my shoulders more than my triceps half the time

dips, seated weighted dips, skull crushers

I like doing this with a bar. I only really use the ropes for cable tricep kickbacks. Now that's how you feel a tricep burn

No they dont. Shoulder abduction is not a function the tricep is even able to perform.

Skull crushers are the goat triceps exercise, find the grip that is more comfortable for your wrists

Triceps pull down until exhaustion and then tricep push down until exhaustion without a break.

A few of these supersets will give you what you need.

Attached: 8A6307D4-431D-428F-ABBE-838CCD83C87D.png (425x404, 24K)

They are AMAZING. I used to only do bar tricep pushdowns but recently I switched to rope for a change. I do about 14 sets (until my triceps are near dead) and it kills them. If I try and do something like open a door or take off my t-shirt, I can barely do it because my arms are so tired. Also, I get great pumps doing it.
I do it as a finished after low rep stuff like heavy dumbbell bench press and a couple sets of dips.
Doing a few drop sets can be great. You can't go half as heavy as with a straight bar pushdown though.

>Triceps pull down

what did he mean by this?

He maybe means the weird supinated grip tricep pushdowns? They suck btw.

Hammer Curls

Skullcrushers + close grip bench superset.

Cable excersize with ropes. Pull down using triceps and separating the ropes.

>pull
>using triceps

yeah no

Bench press every workout. Isolating muscles is for literal retards

>What is your triceps routine?
Unironically bench and ohp, used to do skullcrushers, but they sooner or later fuck up your elbows

i personally start with cgbp, 4 sets of 6-8 slow heavy reps. then i get to the cable pushdowns machine and perform one set with the straight bar, and the following one with the V bar. 10 sets total, 16-20 reps. after that, a dropset to failure everytime you decrease the weight, with rope grip.

Attached: SjTWRtz3oQ5W3pRR4BJ4QS.jpg (864x643, 292K)

I only do 6 sets of direct tricep isolation everyweek and that's not because I want to make my tricep grow it's just my ego wanting a nice tricep pump. user is right, best exercises for tricep are bench and OHP and I would add weighted dips and close grip bench as well.

Im pretty sure you are the only person in the world calling that a pull down. Everyone else calls that a triceps push down with a rope, or rope pushdown.

I do a mixture of Tricep pushdowns, skull crushers, dips, and I don’t know the name but where you pull the cables over your head, almost like you’re holding an axe or something. Drop sets are absolutely required to grow triceps, if you don’t leave the gym with them pumped and weak then they aren’t going to grow.

Full ROM dips make them exxxplode in my case.

I mainly just switch it up as my elbow pain allows. Lots of lying tricep extensions lately, since I get a good pump from them (12~15, even 20 reps). Tricep pushdowns with a cable or band as well, really high reps (20+). Can't do heavy stuff because it beats my elbow uncomfortably.

Squats

French press

Attached: french-press-workout.jpg (300x275, 18K)

Do sets of 50 with a band. If you do 5-7 sets every week you'll blow up.

this

LYING
TRICEPS
EXTENSION
youtu.be/-rh3MHnRI_I

your triceps dont just extend your forearm — the also do a bit of lat supplementation, when pulling down from overhead in front of you. check the vid.

i also like to do these kneeling in front of a cable with rope grip, reaching upward at max extension at the start of every rep. DEMOLISHES tris.

see , it starts as a pull and turns into a push, the tris work the whole way through

WOw! You guys are coooool! You just like do the basics like a primitive warrior monk or something. like back to the basics am i right? no need for isolation just back to the basics am i right? and i bet you guys look great! super big arms!

Retract your shoulder blades, the way you would when doing a bench.
Pulling your shoulders back will put your delts in a position where they can't assist with push-downs.

i do this but get the bar to touch the floor nearly. so i work both triceps and the uhmm.. muscles that are under to side of pecs... is it wrong?

Tricep kickbacks are my favorite tricep exercise, never fail to give a nice pump with a drop set thrown in, cable machine tricep extension 2nd favorite then tricep pushdowns. I like to super set my tricep workouts with bicep workouts for maximum arm pump.

Do OHP and bench + closegrip bench
For the most part your wasting your time doing pushdowns especially if you're a novice and could be doing way better movements

>14 sets of tricep pushdowns
haha, funny joke. It is a joke, r-right?

oh poor little thing why are you so salty, arms won't grow? maybe take up the advice we gave you and don't be impatient and blasting unnecessary high volume arm workouts

>Tricep kickbacks are my favorite tricep exercise

Attached: H-DUP.jpg (1711x1140, 406K)

They're great but you need to make sure you're not doing cable dips. I would pushdown the entire stack and figured I'm doing something wrong so I checked Athlean-x™ and fixed my technique

>t. only does basic curls and push downs for 25 sets.
looks like some people don't want their triceps in a maximum contracted state.. to each their own.

Lat pull downs with the bar.
Work on form. Pull down to neutral position so load is constant, only move forearms, and pull down, with a slow, controlled letoff. It'll wreck your lats in a great way.

this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted

I have lik 6 diffrent movements for triceps alone, but none of them are fucking tricep kickbacks.

>14 sets (until my triceps are near dead)
I'm thinking he's referring to drop sets?

Cluster sets of rope triceps pulldowns

1 set of 20 followed by 3 sets of 10 with 30 sec break between all sets

The first 20 will feel tough... by the time you're on the last 10 your tris will want to jump off your arms and hide under one of the machines

I do weighted dips, lying tricep extensions and push downs along with benching triceps are pretty good.

>rope pushdowns
with ropes it's a pulldown, with bars it's a pushdown

Push ups and pull ups basically

>seated weighted dips
what? why not (normal) weighted dips?

based janoy

Attached: 1549748419893.png (223x336, 197K)

Tricep kickbacks superset with tricep dips (~15 reps both)

>6 tricep movements
in my opinion that's alot, 3-4 is enough(for me personally) to target each head. 4 is really a finisher at that point. But what works for you may not work for me and viceversa..
including drop/super sets, 14 isn't a whole lot, but for one excercise(assuming it is) 14 sets is alot, but on the chance that it's broken into a few different excercises it sounds more sane.

>lying triceps extentions
tell the truth anyway

Attached: 1482399911948.png (300x256, 88K)

I found the bar actually made my lateral cep pop out whereas the rope did nothing

Legit, listen up. For example (reps are estimate, usually just keep repping until I'm real close to failure).
-Warmup set 40kg x 15
>50kg x 15
-rest
>50kg x 12
-rest
>50kg x 10
>40kg x 12
-rest
>50kg x 10
-rest
>40kg x 15
-rest
>45kg x 15
>35kg x12
-rest
>40kg x 15
>30kg x 12
>25kg x 12
-rest
>35kg x 20
>25kg x 16
-rest
>35kg x 15
>25 x 12

END. Trust me, it works. The endorphin rushes are great and it's really not difficult at all to do, even though it sounds like a lot.

what are your rest times? 45-60s?

I'm a beginner and I did a few triceps push-ups like two weeks ago but I think I injured my left shoulder.

Not even the muscle hurts, it's more like the bone I think, circled the general area where I feel the pain.

I have no problem raising it to the side or front, but when i twist it in a particular way, it kind of hurts..
anyone had experience with this?

I've been avoiding any shoulder exercises for like 2 weeks now, but this weird discomfort comes and goes..

Attached: shoulder pain.jpg (1920x2560, 310K)

it hurts when I twist it like this.

Attached: shoulder_internal_rotation.gif (345x336, 407K)

Hope I’m not too late
5 sets of 10 each
>tricep push down machine
>push downs with rope
>under hand push downs using to normal cable handles~ pic related
>push downs with bar close grip
>push downs with bar underhand wide grip
I tend to keep rest times between sets for tris at about a minute and go up in weight for each set.

>user hasn't been doing his face pulls
I thought it was made clear that these were NON NEGOTIABLE

Attached: 1545616889109.jpg (300x593, 22K)

Yeah, around a bout that. It's not really tiring and I'm usually itching to get another set as soon as I've finished the previous set.

When using a straight bar or a single handle I have had shoulder discomfort. Just go light on the tricep work and use a rope if you've been using a bar previously.

heavy dumbbell overhead triceps extensions youtube.com/watch?v=2Ag4DcnC02s

Attached: 7C250FAE-178D-443A-B98C-4EABBCD84176.jpg (390x380, 24K)

Most likely fucked ur rotator cuff, lay off heavy shoulder work for two weeks

thanks user, screenshotted. will try out later today.

A function of your triceps is forward rotation of the shoulders though, so when you're locking out, you should actually allow your shoulders to roll forward. But return to rolled back during the not contracty part like user said.

>do skull crushers with a straight bar
>my elbows start hurting
>do skull crushers with an ez bar
>can't keep the bar straight because my hands are too close together to properly balance it
I swear after multiple attempts for the past two years I just can't seem to do these correctly

You don't need to follow the exact numbers. Basically just high reps (10-18) with random drop sets to kill your arms.
Good luck with it, I'm doing it later today as well.

you're egolifting risking to injure yourself
it must be a slow controlled movement to your forehead and exploding to the top

This thread is hilarious.

JM Presses are real fun

will look into this, thanks

hope it's not permanent. would be lame to fuck myself up so early in the game

I usually do triceps kickbacks and overhead dumbbells, but kickbacks are a bit boring, and with the overhead dumbbels, sometimes my elbows hurt.. will look into the ropes, thanks

same

2 words: hammer curls

I go dropsets, like other user.

Around 15 dips to tire the muscle.
Then rope or plate till hyperthrophy.
Spend 20 minutes killing it, rest 5 mins, repeat.
Takes around 3 cycles to kill the muscle.

Bicep - Tricep isolation is a meme. You workout these groups with every push/pull move

if you turn your hands out at the bottom and flex your tricep no, if you keep you hand straight bc you can do more weight yes.

hello jason

my friend unironically legitimately told me that hammer curls work the triceps.

>hypertrophy and eccentric overload is a meme
whatever floats your boat

that's obligatory with dip progression (not the guy you're responding to)

Rope pushdowns emphasize the lateral heads, those side bumps in the traps. To hit the long head, that big muscle belly on the back of the arm, you need to have your rear delts stretched.

You see, the lateral head connects entirely in your arm, while the medial head connects to your shoulder blades. Stretching the rear delts stretches the medial head as well and gives it more ROM. Few people know this which is why they have underdeveloped medial heads and can never get that sexy hanging tris .

Piano man recommends doing them with cables to not fuck your elbows