I just bought some Quest(tm) protein powder. How much protein powder should I use after doing a 2 hr workout...

I just bought some Quest(tm) protein powder. How much protein powder should I use after doing a 2 hr workout? I'm 330 lbs and 5ft 11in tall if that matters by the way.

Attached: 20190419_132332.jpg (4032x2268, 2.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01KITQG0A/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Go away shit poster

>how to use protein powder
>2 million views

kys faggot

Attached: 1512946525452.gif (315x293, 2.48M)

Now we finally know ur a fat sick cunt with all ur dinner post. God damn it user

Fuck you hairdryer user.

I don't believe you use the hairdryer to heat up your food. I think it's just so you can samefag when no one thinks your comments are funny and you're not getting any (you)s

Attached: 1554477082881.jpg (1440x1783, 947K)

This

All research has shown that most people need somewhere between 0.55g-0.85g of protein a day per lb of lean mass for optimal recovery.

Example:
>200lbs 10% bf = 90% lean mass)
>200lbs * 0.9 = 180lbs lean mass
>180 * 0.55 = 99g
>185 * 153
So in this example, you should aim for at least 100g a day minimum. If you don't want to waste money on protein, try not to go over 150g in a day. If you are concerned you need more or less, by nitrogen strips on Amazon, and test your piss. If you have a positive nitrogen balance, you don't need more protein. If it's negative, you do.

Also, if you are on a cut, or have trained very extensively and are close to your genetic limit, there may be benefits to going as high as 1.2-1.5g/lb of lean mass. Kidney damage starts becoming a possible risk beyond this range, but it's highly individual and depends on your diet and lifestyle. If you are healthy, active, eat clean, and don't drink or do drugs, then it usually take a lot lore than this to be a concern. Still, if you exceed 1.5g/lb I would ask a doctor for blood tests to be safe. One after 30 days, then one every 6 months should be adequate.

Also, try to get most if not all protein from food. Mostly meat, eggs, fish and dairy. Nutrition timing is a meme, too. Don't worry about your "anabolic window". Just for an example, many people (including myself) have made size and strength gains on OMAD. I wouldn't recomend it, as it's fucking miserable to eat 3500+ calories in one sitting, but my point is that it still works. The timing doesn't matter. You won't lose gains if you don't immediately consume protein after a workout. You're better off waiting until you can prepare a proper meal than chugging shakes for time's sake.

Attached: 1555602969770.png (1080x1317, 1.17M)

Thanks user. This is very informative and I appreciate your time in constructing this post. I'll use it next time I have a protein shake because I already followed advice and put 5 scoops in my almond milk. I had to drink a couple of glasses of it but it was worth it.

>nut juice
>not milk

Attached: Scar Laugh.jpg (640x480, 47K)

nut milk and nut juice are the same thing

fortified almond juice /= milk

>330 lbs and 5ft 11in
I missed that completely. At that height and weight, I'll assume you are at approximately 50% body fat, unless you post your body. You definitely need to lose weight, and you probably aren't in the best of health at that weight. So let's keep the protein intake conservative, but still plenty high enough for optimal preservation of lean mass while on a deficit. Let's aim for the 1.2g/lb of lean mass figure I mentioned.

330 * 0.5 = 165lbs lean mass
>165 * 1.2 = 198

At your high and weight, (assuming a mostly sedentary lifestyle) your BMR should around 3000 calories. So you should aim for 200g of protein and no more than 2500 calories a day at an absolute maximum. If you are doing 3 meals a day, aim for about 65g of protein and 650 calories per meal. You get the idea.

Good luck, fatty. Don't forget to recalculate you BMR and protein as you lose weight. Don't ever think you can't make it as long as you stick with it. One day you could be plowing into pic related every night. It's 100% your choice what you do with your life and your body.

Attached: 1555602790056.png (1080x1332, 1.53M)

>330 lbs

I dont think it is safe for you to workout

You need to lose 150 lbs asap

hairdryer user pls go and stay go

That's not what you should be worried about right now. That's some shitty protein powder too

My lifestyle isn't sedentary as I do move around a lot at work (walking, lifting stuff, etc). I just eat too much because all that work makes me hungry and I usually go for whatever is in the area. I'm working on how I eat, and at the same time I wan't to bulk up and lose weight.

I will aim for 65g/650 cal per meal. So I guess the 5 scoops user was sort of right...maybe 3 scoops next time instead?

It is? I've always been a fan of Quest and it tastes good too. Never had any issue with it. I'll show you my muscle gains once I get through the tub this week user.

Lol 5 scoops is a bit much at 115g of protein, but it works if you're doing two meals a day. Two meals a day is also a really good middle ground between OMAD and regular eating. Two 1000 calorie/100g of protein meals per day about 4-8 hours apart should keep you satisfied and losing weight fast. You might get some random hunger pangs for the first few days, but after a week it will feel totally natural if you keep your meals at the same time each day and never snack. It's great for fat loss and reducing inflammation while maintaining muscle. Also, it helps to stay really busy and detracted any time you are on any kind of calorie deficit.

It has 23g protein per ~desiliter I'm guessing. Most good ones have 28. Can't wait to see your gains bro. I bet you look fucking jacked at a solid 330lb lean body weight.

Who from Jow Forums sent you over here?

I used sedentary in the calculator as I always use conservative estimates. As for the five scoops, they were fucking with you. It's still fine though, just make sure your total calorie and protein intake for the day adds up. Try to get more protein from food though and less from shakes. Nutrients are important. Check out cronometer if you haven't already, I think it will be a huge help for you. Also Google "simple science fitness" and read all the free information. It's an excellent place to start if most of this information is new to you.

Thanks user. I'll look into that.
Alright next time I'll buy a different protein product. What would either of you recommend that isn't Quest(tm)?

Just buy whatever has most protein and is relatively cheap. For me that's 'Star nutrition whey-80'™©®

Buy anything in bulk which is whey isolate/concentrate blend as you will probably be using a lot. Canadian Protein has 25lb packages which would suit your needs, do one of those.

I shall. Thank you anons.

Not mr autistic baiter OP, but what's the difference between isolate and concentrate? I have concentrate, is that somehow worse?

Nutricost on Amazon is the best bang/buck I've found anywhere. Levels also makes a really high quality grass fed whey that isn't very expensive. Both have unflavored options too which is great if you don't trust artificial sweeteners. Levels only uses stevia + erythritol though which appear to be the safest and least harmful sugar free sweeteners available from the research I have done. Most others will fuck up your gut bacteria. All sweeteners cause an insulin response though, and whey is already pretty high on the GI scale, so I personally use unflavored. I fucked up my insulin sensitivity from drinking two fiths of whiskey a day for almost a year though. If your insulin sensitivity is normal, it should be fine.

Concentrate is perfectly fine. The only advantage to isolate is it has a very, very slightly higher ratio of protein to calories. IMO it's autistic as fuck to waste money on isolate. The difference in nutrition is neglible and you get more protein for your money with concentrate.

Wow their selection looks pretty promising. It is more expensive than Quest though (it was like $26.99 and Nutricost shows up for $46 on Amazon). However next time I'll try this one out instead.

Thanks user.

Absorption rate and purity. Concentrate absorbs faster and is usually less pure (i.e. more filler). Isolate absorbs slower than concentrate and is much higher purity (i.e. more processing). Casein adsorbs the slowest and is very high purity, ideal for long duration without meals (i.e. sleeping).

There was an user who did the concentrate analysis years ago and most brands were around 35%-45% purity...

>grass fed whey
You basedboy. I only feed my whey beef for optimal test boost and protein. You should also allow your Whey to walk freely at lest two times a day

That 26.99 tub is only 2lbs, and of questionable quality. Nutricost has 5lb tubs of quality whey concentrate for $40 in chocolate, vanilla, and unflavored here:
amazon.com/dp/B01KITQG0A/

I've been using this for years and have had no issues. The unflavored just tastes like powdered milk. The others are too sweet for my tastes. Levels whey is pretty slightly sweetened but costs about 50% more.
>most brands were around 35%-45% purity
I think that may be a slight exaggeration... But in any case, I know that's not the case with nutricost or levels. Now, the cheap shit like body fortress and quest on the other hand, I could see those being questionable.
I get your point, but I have a LOT of disposable income and I only use whey maybe twice a week at most. I live in Alask and I hunt and fish a lot, so I get most of my protein from salmon, trout, and moose.

>more filler
Not explicitly/by definition. It just has more milk fat and lactose because it's less processed. That's not "filler". If a manufacturer adds fillers, that's a completely separate issue from whether it's technically classified as concentrate or isolate.

omg you have the same hair drier as me!!! uwu

maybe he is lactose intolerant

I saw that at grocery outlet for twenty bucks
Is it any good

Men crack open the very earth, dig up million year old corpses of animals long since extinct, harvest the slog, refine it, press it, and export it around the world, forming a multi-trillion dollar industry so that, in effect, a woman living in an apartment complex in Milwaukee can shove an 8" dragon cock up her snatch.

Shit's crazy

that dude died at 40 nothing he says matters.

first of all, at 330lb focus on losing about 100lbs before you even take shakes
also, a lot people say 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight, but a better idea if a gram of protein per pound of your goal weight, say 180lbs is your goal, get 180g. and ditch the almond milk for skim milk