Whats the best way to do facepulls?

whats the best way to do facepulls?

left or right?

Attached: facepulls.png (1097x389, 844K)

Left doesn't externally rotate as much. Although you might be able to pull a little bit more weight.
Right is the correct form

Right, watch jeffs tutorial

It's face pull, not chest pull. Imagine like you're flexing double biceps, and that's about where your arms should be.

Is there a way to perform this for people who have lateral strength imbalance?

I tolerate having a strength imbalance on things like chinups or dips but since this is in part a rehab/injury prevention...

Any tips?

Masturbate with the weaker side to correct it

Nigga you need to do unilateral work, I know it sucks but do it

Right is correct. Retarded roastie on the left is defeating the entire purpose of the exercise by not externally rotating.

Right

Fuck this shit. I tore my rotator cuff doing this workout be careful these can put you out of the gym for months.

>fucks up shoulder doing an exercise used to prevent injury
Either you’re a retarded ego lifter or you’re a troll

How?

Not a troll. Deathly serious and not an ego lifter.
No clue man pulled and rotated heard a pop and immediately felt the worst pain I've ever felt in my life and I've torn my acl in football.

Shit form then.

Imagine being so GDE that you snap your shit up with facepulls.

It's people like you that keep up the 'this movement is bad for you' memes.

No retard it's not a safe workout do more research on it. I took the meme advice of Jeff and had to get surgery the external rotators are meant to stabilize weight not handle a load it's a flawed motion just do rows.

>pulled and rotated
You're not supposed to rotate, am I right...?

Attached: 11.jpg (162x195, 8K)

The girl on the right is twice as big. What do you think?

The pull itself is a rotation into a double bicep.

So basically he did it like the one on the right and fucked his shit up. Guess I'll keep doing them the other way.

How is that different from a dumbbell row

Now you're starting to understand the meme. This is why facepulls aren't safe. You're isolating the external rotator which built to handle a load. Do rear delt flies and dumbell rows.

right
external rotation is the key movement
remember that external rotation is not likely going to be a movement that you have a large amount of experience training with weight, so start at a LOW weight
unclear if user who claims to now need rotator cuff surgery is fucking around or what, but start at a low weight, retract scapulae, rotate arms externally while entering the 'double biceps' pose

One arm face pulls

wait you fucking idiot did you facepull heavy weight and not 10-20x rep weight?

Is this the right form, standing perfectly straight when doing facepulls?

Anytime I do that I always have to lean back a bit, so like 10 degrees back. I can't pull them at perfectly straight height. Am I doin this wrong?

Attached: face-pull-shoulders-main.jpg (1280x960, 183K)

>pulled and rotated
Its a face pull, not face pull and rotate you daft cunt

I can tell you've never talked to a physical therapist/strength coach

If youre trolling great work

Hey yall

Just so you know you should be doing them styled similar to the right if you're trying to prehab the shoulder.

If you don't know what internal/external rotation are you need to google them asap (especially as they pertain to lifting) if you want to lift for any extended period of time without going to snap city like this retarded user in the thread

Your rotator cuff (retard term for the supraspinatus/infraspinatus/teres minor/subscapularis) require proper work and rehab especially the external rotators since the major upper body lifts are very big on muscles that'll pull you into an internally rotated position. Not training them is asking to fucking cuck yourself

Keep the rep range higher. RC muscles generally respond better there (slow twitch) so feel the burn & DONT take them to failure. Get a pump going and good luck

its perfectly acceptable to put one foot behind the other. however keep your pelvis stabilized and don't actually lean back.

Thanks for the advice user

>externally rotate
Found Jeff