Gillette

How does everyone feel about the recent advert created by Gillette which targets men. If you haven't seen it here's the link youtube.com/watch?v=koPmuEyP3a0

Attached: 320151_60_news_hub_multi_750x0.jpg (750x378, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QEU-MAZRhJs
youtube.com/watch?v=shJyxWBLD6Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I stuck a gillette razor up my asshole once

Doesn't every Gillette advert target men?

>How does everyone feel about the recent advert created by Gillette which targets men.
The ad itself? Apathetic. The massive amonut of angry reactions are pretty funny, though.

This
It's all just marketing anyways

in protest all men should grow beards

Well quite frankly I'm starting to worry its not the best a man can get

I mean like it targets men by saying they all sexually harass and treat woman horribly.

That was even dumber than I expected. Such a boring ass commercial and yet people won't shut up about it. This is exactly what they wanted.

Attached: I expect nothing and I'm still let down.jpg (561x401, 31K)

I think it appeals to the feminists maybe Gillette is on to something by getting those woman to finally have a shave

>a product targeted torwards men
>bashes men
what the fuck are they expecting? I've already switched to dollar shave club

>How does everyone feel about the recent advert created by Gillette which targets men.
I got nothing.

>I've already switched to dollar shave club

Attached: 5FBF38E3-E98C-44AE-B492-CEF185BF2F4F.jpg (600x800, 141K)

what do you even by this?

gkjbeoiagbilhbfvg

I don't really care that much. I mean who is taking their moral guidance from commercials? It's kind of amusing to me that we are seeing all these companies try to take some kind of moral stance on something. There were similar reactions to that pepsi commercial with kylie jenner.

I honestly don't even like gillette products that much. I have a can of their shaving cream but I am probably just going to switch to barbasol because I don't like the smell

I've been getting my razors from Dollar Shave Club for a while now. It's cheaper than store bought razors and I also like some of their other products such as their bar soap and hair pomade.

I think when companies get as big as Gillette they lose sight of what it is they're doing. They end up with ideologues in their marketing departments and start trying to take stances on things that don't really pertain to them.

From a marketing standpoint, I think Dollar Shave Club has really paved the way. You'll notice with a lot of these online vendors that they don't shy away from promoting their product wherever they can. You will hear Dollar Shave Club, Me Undies, Casper Mattress, etc. plugs from podcasts and youtube channels that really span a wide ideological divide.

It seems like a bad move to me. I would say one of the biggest mistakes a company can make is wading into social issues that don't pertain to them and making value judgments they are not in a position to make.

Also, Dollar Shave Club has made advertisements that more or less express they don't care who uses their razors because they know they are good razors.

youtube.com/watch?v=QEU-MAZRhJs

I think this is a good example of how to market a product in today's age.

>shit on the very people you need to buy your product
I have not seen genius like this since EA called their customers uneducated scum.

>There were similar reactions to that pepsi commercial with kylie jenner.

Well, it's a similar issue, a corporation sociopathically co-opting a message that at least someone actually cares about to sell their shit.

I don't care how you feel about men, this shitty commercial isn't for you. It's what it always is, a corporation walking in with a skateboard over its shoulder asking "How do you do, fellow progressives?"

Anyone getting triggered over a fucking commercial gets the bullet too

>spend almost two minutes telling me to not rape women
>don't even mention they sell razors
10/10 ad

good thing girls don't bully other girls. i've never seen a girl slutshame another before. toxic feminity?
girls will be girls

>how to trigger Jow Forums the ad
Well it's at least fun in this regard

Saying "smile sweety" to a woman is rape. Yeah those dumb Jow Forumstrolls sure got owned.

>that dad breaking up the two boys fighting

This bothers me the most, fighting was my favourite way to play with my friends. I'm really stumped on the motive for them trying to stop boys from fighting. It's like they see each boy as a potential threat so they try to neuter and pacify them ASAP. What kind of person does a kid taught that violence is never right grow up to be? If I had a son (or daughter) and their teachers tried stopping them from playfighting I think I'd lose my shit.

Attached: SHZajL7.png (1080x1061, 714K)

>don't even mention they sell razors

Attached: race-mixing-advertising-comic.png?fit=1000%2C1000.png (1000x1000, 89K)

>being so retarded that you think literally everything has to be directed at both genders, specifically mens products, for men, that men use from a mens brand, they of course need to make sure we talk about womens problems

don't care, boring controversy.

next

I havent been following. What are the normalfags cackling about now?

Attached: 614CBF4C-7D5C-4145-BA6B-5CE9BAE35AC0.jpg (306x306, 20K)

>What kind of person does a kid taught that violence is never right grow up to be?
A complete and utter cuck detached from a vital part of his humanity for the sole reason of being a more stable wageslave?

Their slogan is plenty. They're selling their brand, not an "innovative" razor. The next time a low-test-bean boy thinks about buying a razor, he's going to go to the grocery store and recognize the Gillette brand over the other ones.

The picture would be analogous if tasty were a word that the burger company invented and had been parroting for a decade.

why am i not surprised that gilette's headquarters are in israel. this shit looks like the thumbnail for a video on BLACKED. also i lived in nyc for a while and the only people i ever saw catcalling women were blacks and hispanics.

Attached: gilette.jpg (2529x1066, 418K)

Gillette can suck my white fucking cock

Attached: 1546326712128.jpg (741x742, 112K)

Never forget that Israel is your greatest ally, goy.

Attached: Gillette.png (1000x1000, 379K)

It's an ad that further pushes the idea that masculine men are angry, abusive, violent sex barbarians

Honestly, whenever anyone mentions toxic masculine my first go to thoughts are that it's either a woman complaining about the kind of men she dates (she doesn't change who she dates, though) or insecure guys who want to be reassured they're still men

Evolution and natural selection tells all; if society really wanted men to be more feminine women wouldn't be breeding with masculine men.

I feel like Jow Forums probably already beat me to the punch on making these, but I just got around to watching this shitty ad.

Attached: Gillette 2.png (1000x1000, 352K)

are you on your period, babe?

really makes you think

most originally

Attached: Screen-Shot-2019-01-17-at-12.37.15-AM.jpg (500x256, 51K)

>why am i not surprised that gilette's headquarters are in israel
Why am I also not surprised mods deleted this

>break a rule
>post gets deleted
really causes one to engage their brain cells...

USE Bic! Fuck Gillette!

I refuse to watch it but it's invading my life and I'd like for everyone to stop talking about it.

This comment really makes you go hmmmmmm

Attached: Screenshot_20190118-092019__01.jpg (1072x473, 114K)

More of these? Source?

Why are you seeking the information? Are you hoping it will upset people here or there opposite? I didn't like it

I made them for the thread.

Here's the template I made if you want to make more.

Attached: Gillette.png (1000x1000, 256K)

I dropped my proshield
Now I'll buy a Schick/Wilkinson razor

i mean if i try and do the thing they do where the stop catcalling or breakup and argument/fight, i'll just get called a loser and told to fuck off by both parties

I have no interest in this shit because I am not a failed norm or Jow Forumstard like everyone else in this thread. Why do you faggots care about this dying society? What are you doing on my board?

That being said the ad makes me feel uncomfortable. It's so forced and unnatural.

Attached: 1546561198123.png (522x472, 47K)

>engaging in normie social media
>ever seeing commercials
probably not important

It doesnt say every man is bad , they showed some examples where you could step up and help, people are taking it way too serious, its comical.

Not cool! Not cool!
Never approach a wamin!

You are too much of a pussy to do it anyways, why do you feel attacked?

For me, it's the maggard slant

Attached: FullSizeRender2.jpg (1512x2016, 762K)

>company that separates their products in "for male" and "for female", something that feminists love bitching about
>pulls out a feminist ad
>suddenly they all love they company
Too bad feminists and soiboys don't buy razors anyways.

go shill somewhere else you fuckin pathetic loser, real robots dont shave, anyway.

Attached: 1442599573016.gif (300x225, 923K)

I don't even shave and I'm still pissed off that they'd target white men like this. I am glad it's really easy to use different product brands so that's nice.
Thats funny. I will give you a (you) in exchange for the chuckle you gave me

Try watching the ad again; it really doesn't!

You are right. It doesn't just target men. It targets white men. Silly him.

uproar is fucking stupid. yes it's cringy but it makes a clear point: Don't be a dick to anyone, let men be emotional, be better than the toxic shits you see daily. nothing wrong with being a better person.

I wouldn't stick my cock in them, but each to their own I guess

I didn't notice the race of the actors, but I'd rather take your word from it than watch it again.

My point is that it DOES NOT accuse all men, or even all white men, of sexually harassing women or treating them horribly.

I think you are being stupid on purpose. All the guys who are doing wrong are white while the "good guys" just happen to be black.

it's anti-white male masculinity
>youtube.com/watch?v=shJyxWBLD6Q

Attached: 1546141528438.jpg (640x640, 87K)

ahaha, no. besides several white men (like one of the dads at the barbeque) stops his son from attacking another kid, who was also white. it's not about fucking race you retard, it's just "don't be a dick, make sure other guys aren't dicks either"

Again,you are just pretending to be stupid. I doubt you are actually this unaware.

Well I for one wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment of this video.

I mean did you see that part where that man saw a woman he found attractive then started walking towards her? He was probably going to engage her in polite conversation then ask if she had a boyfriend, perhaps get her number is she answered in the negative or just politely move on and get on with the rest of his day if she answered in the affirmative.

I mean how dare he? The entitled misogynistic pig! Absolutely despicable behavior. Thank god for that kind hearted black man stepping in and averting a situation that surely would have left that poor innocent young woman traumatized for life.

Willful stupidity is not welcome on this board, sonny. Go get learnt on interpreting imagery and messaging.

>watch it thinking it will be some feminism propaganda
>it's actually a good message about men telling assholes and perverts to fuck off
It doesn't deserve all those dislikes.

Attached: 1470892052189.jpg (542x574, 136K)

>it's anti-white male masculinity
correct, it is white males under attack all others are exempt.

ironically, male masculinity, the thing white women say they hate, they gravitate to after stripping white men of theirs

This right here.
It's just telling men in general, not just white ones, to be better. If you feel attacked by this message you're more than likely part of the problem and you should really take a good look at yourself

>wanting moral bandstanding from a company that uses child labor
This is your brain on onions.

I dont get what the big deal is. Just political correctness. Nothing unusual about it.
It's not like I'm going to be any less of a violent idiot just because I saw it.

And found the fembots.
Sure, be better, but then they show white men and only white men behaving like stereotypes of Mexicans and blacks. Transferring the stereotype doesn't magically negate its racism or is sexism.

if you really think about it people on this site are snowflakes just like the SJWs. both sides are hypersensitive and both need to get over it.

yeah who do this damn kids think they are, working to provide for their family.

>actually being for bullying, rape, sexual coercion, harassment, rising male suicide due to social roles, toxic masculinity, inequality, perpetuating shittiness

what the fuck is wrong with white incels

>And found the fembots.
Not a fembot, I recognized some of my own problems in the video, and I've began to work on them to become better. maybe you should try so too instead of just dismissing other people's opinions like an SJW

As a brown guy it doesn't apply to me and find it funny. Its clear a bunch of white girls in the marketing/advertising department at Proctor and Gamble are killing off my competition for me.

Wow, a reasonable, balanced, adult comment on Jow Forums

Have a (you), sir.

I'm serious, by the way

Attached: 1547629291864.png (554x400, 52K)

Oh come on. When was the last time any of us heard a woman complain about a Mexican construction worker catcall or some hood thug slapping their ass. You haven't but you'll get women bitching about some white guy opening a door for them.

The only thing this ad is killing is Gillette's market share for about a month. You're a retard if you think this ad is going to have any impact at all on dating habits or norms.

>yeah who do this damn kids think they are, working to provide for their family.
How dare they criticize. EVERYBODY GETS A TROPHY!

Attached: (You).gif (931x682, 426K)

I'm not a woman. Stop being so insecure about your race as well. If this ad used brown people being assholes, they'd get in trouble. They're using white people because if white people otherwise did these things as much as brown people, people would also be offended and play the sterotype card. In other words, the fact that this ad uses white people to portray perverts just only proves that most people actually think that white people are neutral. If you can't even see through this you're very insecure and should go back . If there was actually blantant racism against whites, you'd actually feel insulted, but instead you just do mental gymnastics to validate your close-minded stupidity

I have, but okay bro whatever
thank you, also thanks for the clarification I have an ASD and often can't tell sarcasm

>portray white men poorly
>can't do the same to blacks, that would be racist.
Thank you for proving my world view correct.

I have a beard and I still shave my neck.
However I will stop using this brand of shavers.

i've seen multple facebook posts from women mocking men against gillette by saying "hurr fuck razors i'll shave using a gun! me man!"

these women know that gillette aren't the only company who make razors, right?

It's the first time I've watched this and I expected it to be a lot worse from all the attention it's been getting.
The message is just don't be a dick to each other and treat women with respect

Jow Forums took it as race baiting.Wich I think wasn't the intent.

>This is exactly what they wanted.
Are you sure? It's a man only product, men are angry about it and boycott it, the trans women that are astonished by the commercial don't buy the razors

You dont see any racial bias or virtue signaling?

Boy you are really blue pilled arent ya

See what I mean?orig

So when did r9k get invaded by SJW's? Is it all the zoomers that grew up with nothing but this garbage 'feminist' anti cis white male indoctrination? What the fuck is going on.

a perfect example of snowflakes on the opposite side of the spectrum.

I just like not being a dick, I like it when other men aren't being a dick to me, Gilette is pointing out that being a dick is bad, if that's fucking SJW Feminazi rhetoric then you're gonna have a lot of trouble out there in the real world with your own brand of hypersensitivity.

Yes, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Well, the commercial is certainly interesting. I've used 2 razors in my entire life, but it still got me excited. Even the trans person doesn't annoy me in the ad, but it appeals to trans people. It is indeed a good ad.

You've always been election newfags pol. We just got fed up with your crosspost shitposting.

Attached: 1506440536219.png (1229x416, 64K)

They want to send a message, we boycott them and say that we don't agree with the message that the media is sending. Unlike for media, angry consumers aren't good for companies like gillette

>teachers tried stopping them from playfighting
I agree with the overall message, but in the school grounds? That's a bit too much

I've been using their razors and blades because I just happened to pick up one at the store and kept using it.

I'm never buying one again due to that sheer faggotry