Walking Gait

Hey Jow Forums, how should you walk? Ever since I was a kid I've walked with a midfoot strike on the balls of my feet, even though there's nothing wrong with my legs. It helps out when I'm running, but walking like that gets some funny looks from time to time. Should I correct it to a normal heel strike?

Plus any exercises to help transition so my knees don't get fucked?

Attached: forefoot-running-heel-strike-biomechanics-reaction-force-diagram-runforefoot.jpg (677x689, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0021929008002406
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your knees will get fucked if you run hitting your heels dumbass, try jumpij g and land on your heels to understand what happens to your joints

Also, run barefoot for fuck sake

barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu

Who the fuck has this extra joint in the middle of their shin

The diagram is a one-legged man with no arms, not a leg with 3 joints. Duh

Attached: honk.png (680x680, 221K)

heel strike is usually the least weird way to walk in my experience. whenever I'm walking I make sure to check my gait every few steps to make sure I'm not fucking up and give myself mental encouragement like "all right bro you're on a roll today, no weird steps, keep up the good work user" especially of there are people around. your stride is the first thing people notice about you so when you're around a lot of people make sure you look down every 10 steps or so and make sure you're not walking weird, also if you fuck up you could stumble into traffic or something and that would be bad. just stay consistent and you'll be walking like a chad in no time bro

No way that’s cucking retarded, torso and head are just as useless to this picture as arms. These are legs

Kangaroo

holy shit I tried walking like pic on the right, doesn't feel too bad surprisingly

>focusing on landing and not on toe off
baka
use a forceful horizontal push off at the end of each step to protect your hips
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0021929008002406

Barefoot I walk like right pic, in shoes I walk left pic.
I always run fore/mid foot

this feels cool

just make sure you're actually pushing forward, not just bouncing up and down with each step

>not just bouncing up and down with each step
ouuuh fuck that's what I'm doing right now, and I got this advice from an old running thread. It was supposed to make sure that I'm not heel striking and to not emphasize the pressure on my joints

Yeah walk like a king !
www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/webgl_walker/webgl_walker.php

Attached: de niro shoes.jpg (2000x1334, 582K)

Based insecurity poster

Semi-related post but can anyone tell me why I experience painful shin splints in the indoor track as opposed to outside/treadmill? It's something i've seen multiple doctors for with no avail.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Took that Trump jab about his height a little too seriously kek.

Running on roads/tracks is much higher impact than treadmill. You can run sloppy on a treadmill and it won't mess your shins, ankles, and knees up the way that running sloppy on hard surfaces will. That's not an endorsement to just go ahead and run on treadmills to avoid feeling hurty; you should run on tracks and roads to learn the right stride that DOESN'T hurt you
t. Had to learn the hard way.

What i'm confused on though is why I feel fine running outside on a track as opposed to the indoor track.

Oh I see, my mistake. Persistent uneven elevation on the indoor track, maybe? I'm not sure why an indoor track would bother you more than outdoors

I don't run for cardio, but I tried walking forefoot style.
had to run to/from my car a few times in the rain and made sure to forefoot strike, felt light, probably wasn't doing it right.
walking it feels weird not heel striking though. my stride is long and kind of slow. so I went back to heel striking when I walk.
I prefer stationary bike for my cardio warmup in the gym.

This is the funniest post I've read in a while.

Attached: 1546541051197.jpg (464x464, 156K)

Yeah yeah dude like you go into public and the AI recognizes ur gait or whatever and flags you hahah lol

Agreed

DON’T!!!!!!!!!

WALK ROLLING THROUGH YOUR HEELS
RUN ON YOUR FOREFOOT.

TRUST ME

Heel strike is for people with apt