In college, what did you robots major in? Did you like it?

In college, what did you robots major in? Did you like it?

Attached: 1511420414444.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wallace.ccfaculty.org/book/Beginning_and_Intermediate_Algebra.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

EE with a minor in philosophy. Was ok

gotta bump. too much is expected of me, but i also want the path of least resistance and not be an absolute disappointment

>too much is expected of me, but i also want the path of least resistance and not be an absolute disappointment
What do you mean? For a degree?

sort of, yeah. The parentals expect me to get a good job and wife (not happening) and shit. I want to live mildly comfortably and make enough to fuel my massive expenses on weeb shit, so i guess I'd make both of us happy by finding something easy and decent paying.

tldr; autist doesnt know what field to go into

Welding Technology. No, but I gotta make some use of it, like NDT (Nondestructive Testing). I gotta save money up for the training though.

EE. Easy and your make money. If you don't like that you can go the sperg route and do CS

Never thought about EE. Definitely will look into it, i appreciate it, user

Business. I did not like it towards the end. Graduated.

Majored in bullshit. Didn't like it. But it pays the bills and keeps me breathing in this miserable life.

Math major. I did it just for the memes, my career has nothing to do with math.

philosophy at a catholic university and hated it

now philosophy at a secular university and like it but it goes much faster (since you see 10x the amount of authors) and is more difficult

mathematics. it had good and bad parts. calc and diff eqs are cancer but modeling, (abstract) algebra and analysis are interesting. the 400-level elective courses were all a blast. just gotta push through the shitty classes in the middle years
other people in the major were usually autistic or ex-military boomers and there is even a decent male to female ratio compared to science or tech classes. also found the professors to be down to earth. not a bad major for someone who hates the school experience but it hasn't really led to many job opportunities (you need to pair it with computer knowledge to get anywhere)

went to a vocational school for auto body/collision repair. i've been programming for 10 years but it's one of those things i enjoy strictly as a hobby and i always felt like an actual job as a software developer would just kill any enjoyment i have left in it. watched the same thing happen to my dad with engineering. so i like the idea of having a job unrelated to your interests (or at least somewhat related, i like cars) so you just get the work done, come home and go about your day. if it's something you care even a little bit about the mindset of coming home and just relaxing isn't as present. it's a mindset thing. can't say i care that much about the gap in payment either, as long as i don't wanna kms from fighting pajeets all day

compsci also kinda pisses me off given the amount of misinformation involved. can't speak from experience obviously since i didn't major in it but after having to help countless students it really shows how retarded it can be sometimes. the annoying thing too is that most of the people doing it give 0 fucks about their work. they don't care about writing good code or good work ethic, and as a result they become the most frustrating motherfuckers to work with. that part i *can* say from experience at least

I graduated EE almost 5 years ago, got a almost totally unrelated (and lame/boring/deadend) government job and now remember approximately 0% of what I learned. Like to the degree I don't even know how a transistor works or how to do basic digital logic. I'm pretty embarrassed about that. Honestly it's like I never even studied it.

I even had good grades but there's no way I could ever get an actual engineering job at this point. It did get me my shitty lifer government job, I guess, but my pride in my intellect is nonexistent now

I was in Electrical Engineering, but I totally cracked under the weight of the course load and my own mental problems.
I'm in Economics now, things are way better.

Political Science
Looking to work in CIA's linguistics

What you do? What do most math majors do out of college?

Neuroscience. It was ok. Very interesting subject and there is a lot of logic behind the main mechanisms, which I appreciate.

Poli sci
No. I hate it and I hate my miserable life

Non college neet here to consult smarter anons. If I wanted to work in behavioral science, what would be the best major to pursue?

Going for computer information systems. I got 2 more yesrs

I majored in Chemistry with a minor in computer science. I'm currently in a PhD program for physical chemistry. If i had to do it over again, I would certainly just major in Computer Science and go into some IT position somewhere.

International Relations and I learned two languages. It was 40% having fun drunk and on drugs, 40% anxiety, and 20% actually getting something out of my education and enjoying it. Now I have my qualifications for the military. I will never go back to academia, it was a fucking nightmare.

I'm majoring in Poli Sci. I originally went for Comp Sci and quickly figured out that if your heart is not completely into it, you won't make it.

Now I'm in Poli Sci just as a degree while also looking into getting my Cisco certs.

Currently doing my bachelors in Chem Engineering. So far it's been relatively easy, study for about 30 hours a week, rest of my time spent playing video games and masturbating to hentai. All while getting good grades.

Attached: distillation.png (833x707, 57K)

I majored in a lot of things. I dropped out when I realized I was too dumb for college. I don't regret it.

Sociology. I enjoy it.

Droped out I didn't like the prerecks also it's very expensive even in community, i am wanting to be a cop when i am 21 or a fireman

Computer Information Systems, recently graduated.

Attached: 1543351803875.png (640x869, 730K)

I enjoyed CS for the first year, wanted to kms during the middle 2 years and ended enjoying it again senior year and not wanting to graduate

>robots
>going to college
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
get off my board

Network and systems. Will either succeed and get a very comfy high paying job or do shitty low wage jobs all my life.

Attached: ff.jpg (576x706, 84K)

Majored in dental science/assisting, I did not want to do nursing or premed. it's OK. Might go back and take a funeral directing course in the future.

I failed community college twice and ended up going to trade school for welding

Hated my time in community college, saw nothing getting done ended up turning to drinking and smoking, saw more progress in trade school.

Would probably go back for a different skill if I can.

Hell ya, what do you do for work?

Law school (graduating next semester.

It's ok I guess. But I still feel like I cant do shit/no actual experience besides knowing alot of theoretical shit.

the only answer i love in this thread.

Math/CS. I'm not sure the math part was really worth it aside from raising my GPA. I became really depressed towards the end of college and it hurt my grades somewhat and made me lose interest in both subjects. I blame Jow Forums for giving me a redpill overdose.

I've been applying to places, had a few interviews. Still looking. Currently a NEET atm.

Attached: lolibooru 178252 holding_hands lillie_(pokemon) mizuki_(pokemon) multiple_girls pink_background poke (2534x3274, 627K)

I'm attending russian/spanish courses atm. A degree in linguistics isn't worth much but it's better than just having a diploma.

Attached: 4cbac4b9493ce31278af53e718b608e9.jpg (225x350, 12K)

Accountant here, i hate my life, i make a lot of money but i hate my life and i wish i could live in a monastery farming and doing carpentry

Currently majoring in undecided until i can transfer to a different school and do CIS.

We don't have majors/minors in my country, but I did English

It was okay, I didn't enjoy it but I didn't hate it. It was easy, but then I graduated and it was hard to get a decent job, so now I make minimum wage.

English major. Dropped out after about a year. Been in a downspiral since, yet I can't bring myself to end it all

Im studying finances and accounting, dunno what im doing here.
I hated maths in high school, and learning law/accounting rules is boring as fuck.
Can't go back now, i don't want to disappoint my family anymore

Finishing EE and applied math this upcoming semester.
It was really interesting, but way too much work. I'll have completed 180 credits in 5 years when it's all said and done. I would recommend people to do only one degree at a time, you can always study more on your own.
No job lined up so I'm going to grad school in the fall, unless something falls in my lap.

I do ME in Germany and will have completed 180 credit points in 3 years. Did you get something wrong here?

normies get out college is for fags

Neurobiology. I spent a couple years double-majoring in that and Art History though.

I did like it, or rather, I liked the actual neuro and some of the prereq life science classes (genetics, etc). Too bad it was sort of a waste because I got jumped by disability right after I got out of college.

I don't know if it qualifies as college for burgers, but I did 4 years to become car mechanic

politics and philosophy, still doing it

it's alright but the politics is so dumbed down and the philosophy is actually hard, but that might because I'm not interested in metaphysics or epistemology

Attached: 1547334736794.jpg (484x497, 35K)

how do you succeed in college if you're bad at math?

Attached: 1530553645116.jpg (450x450, 51K)

>college
haha no wonder why you're a sissyfag watching anime. I went into finding work at a refinery. Started as a painter making $13 then built scaffolds for $15 then became foreman for $20. Left that shit company and joined a union 3 years later making $40 + benefits.

either dont do a STEM degree, or git gud. maths like anything else, you get better if you put in the time and effort.

Mechanical Engineering
>all these EE
Gross, but better than the CS flood on /sci/

Although if any electrical is doing controls you're cool in my book.

What if all my math is fucked from middle school onward? Would I be able to learn more difficult concepts and just fill in the gaps?

finance

i make good money and its easy if you are on the spectrum/autistic because of the math. even the math is simple shit, make excel and calculators do all of it. ratios and percents.

its a good conversation tool to talk about companies and politics (as you can imagine finance and politics go well together)

however it bores the fuck out of people because of the lingo just as computer science would.

the stress will fucking kill me one day if i get off stimulants but people respect it

Freshman Bio major planning on going to med school or the military. I personally feel indifferent towards college, but at the same time I feel that if you don't know what you're doing you need to gtfo while you can.

I went CE the worst of both worlds and a trash degree.

No, you need to go back and learn from the start. higher concepts rely on understanding the earlier ones, so you will be utterly fucked trying to learn trig for example if you dont even know how to factor, or learning calc without a strong algebra and trig foundation.

If you are serious about it, here is a free textbook that does a quick review of the most basic stuff you will need to now. he does not waste time going into depth explaining things, he just tells you how to solve certain types of problems which is basically what you wanna be able to do to start off with. do every exercise. i did this over one summer, it only took a few weeks.

wallace.ccfaculty.org/book/Beginning_and_Intermediate_Algebra.pdf

How long did you spend on it each day in your case? I'm serious, I feel like it would be a waste to go into anything that wouldn't require math in some way and I want to succeed. If I were to say, spend a week on each chapter, is that enough time?

aero

Can't say I enjoyed every minute.
wasn't all bad but definitely wouldn't recommend it.

Think the majority of robots would enjoy high level maths. Probs the most robots in comp sci tho.

Started with physics, but didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Went for compsci, but got a job with it and didn't like how dated the studies were so quit.

Started with engineering but the teachers were shit so I switched to poly sci but that's a shit degree so I switched to econ and and fincance which isn't hard. I'm still in it now. It's very interesting.

yeah that should be more than enough. depending on you and how fast you learn/how much you remember, you can probably skip some chapters or just skim over them quickly. It is not a very deep textbook, there is no theory, just basic
>these are x type of problems
>heres how you solve them
>here are exercises for practice
you can probably go through multiple chapters in a single day. I was really dedicated back then so i spent probably a few hours a day. Spaced repetition is the best way to remember something, so i would say do some in the morning, then review what you learned again at night. Every few days go back to sections you already did and make sure you still can solve it, repeat.

thanks user, usually all the information is what throws me off in text books anyway so it works. I never hated math but I feel like I had some shitty teachers.

I'm 22, still not done
and have a 1.8 gpa, literally have not advanced any further than when I first started. I go to a community college and basically only doing basic classes like algebra, history, economics, Etc

Attached: yunyun.png (197x197, 38K)

lmao user we are twins. same situation exactly, still at community college, literally same gpa as you. only difference is i am taking calc instead of algebra. i made my own schedule and just took only math courses because they have the least normies. i hate writing papers and i hate stupid liberal arts classes filled with basedboys and womyn talking about sexuality and how the existence of weirdos oppresses them

art and animation
i know my life is fucked so im having fun

im taking a music diploma in a few days. wish me luck

what was the bullshit? i heard engineering is really "profitable"

what anime is this? art looks cool

I'll start architecture soon in a uni known for it's artistic approach. I dropped out of business cause it was boring me to death and also got kicked out of the navy before. I'd love to be an officer of the armed forces, imo it's the best career there is no contest, but that stopped being an option. I hope arhitecture is not as terrible as business.

economics

and no, not really

what i did like was that it was easy and i didn't even have to go to class. plus there was no morning classes

Computer science, I hate it, but I'd hate anything. We're getting into calculus related shit again which I took years ago and forgot about completely. Kinda wish I went into some shit like biology. I don't know how I'm going to function at a 9 to 5 at any rate. Also I hate every kid in the major. Again that probably wouldn't be different anywhere else though.

>Computer science, I hate it, but I'd hate anything
Exactly the same with me. I have no interest in anything, so might as well choose this. And I'm not even after the money like a lot of people who go for CS are, I just want a job with little social interaction.

Dude plz me the secret to learning this shit, im cuurrently in the middle of it. How the fuck am i supposed to remember all that CISCO shit

Physics phd student. The stress and social anxiety is killing me.
Nobody told me you shouldn't go to uni if you don't like dealing with people.

Attached: 1528603271908.jpg (800x994, 198K)

Majoring in english because it's easy and I'm good at it. With an advanced degree I should be able to teach at a community college or something. Or at least just high school english. I'm good at science but shit at math and CS, which are required for any kind of science degree. So I'm pretty much fucked out of any kind of STEM.

I majored in CS, but dropped out after a year because it made me hate programming. I haven't written anything since, aside from the occasional script here and there to solve tedious math problems. If you enjoy something, never do it for school or work.

How did you make it that long without realizing it? I knew by the end of freshman year that college was for normies and got out of there asap

I got good grades throughout my studies and that motivated me to keep going. Besides, if I had dropped out I would've had no better options. Slaving on minimum wage sounds like hell and becoming a NEET was not an option either. Also there are no tuition fees here.
I guess I'll keep on surviving somehow. Everything would be ok if I could communicate through email only.

Molecular biology.

Total bullshit science-lite for strong, independent women who don't like math. 4:5 female to male ratio. Half the guys were idiots who only went to fuck around.
The biological sciences are preferred by women because they're not cold and abstract like other sciences, engineering and math, but instead very "human", i.e. you get to learn about what happens at the molecular level when you fuck Chad, how to select a Chad husband with a good genotype, what will happen when you finally have Chad's babies, etc. Bioethics was literally a discussion on abortion and surrogate mothers.

Now work a bio-related job, which is also female-dominated. Only one guy actually works as a biologist, the rest of the men are all supporting staff. Thankfully I was hired as tech support, so I can keep my dignity. Now getting a second degree to be a teacher, which is just as stupid and female-dominated as biology, but at least I'll get to do my own thing for the most part.

4:1 ratio is what I meant, obviously. Now you know why I too decided to study biology instead of something math-heavy.

mathematics obviously
the purest and most elegant of all majors, as well as the most useful if one wishes to do applied stuff

>be stereotypical sperg
>be planned CS major
i hate being like this

Computer Science
I like it but it's a lot of work.

Isn't that shit hard if you have a shit memory and no logic? Maybe that is why females like it. Also if you are not an artist. I got bad grades in my few bio classes cause I couldn't draw well enough. Show me a picture ask me yes that is x but ask me to draw it and it looks like a turd with wiggles inside.

Math.

I thought it was easy.

Biochemical Engineering
Doing PhD currently, incidentally my second biggest mistake in life

Majored in Social Work with a minor in Criminal Justice. Am Juvenile Probation Officer.
I failed math in 9th grade. We didn't even get textbooks and the teacher spent most of classtime dealing with rowdy asshats.

Neat you can teach bio to kids at a uni.
Or is it a meme that PhDs are needed besides teaching masters?

hahaha same as you im fucked

How in the Fuck is CpE a trash degree? definitely not in this timeline and planet

You need a good memory for everything, how else are you gonna learn anything?
Yeah, I guess girls are pretty good at parroting whatever the important-looking professors lecture.
You're also right about the drawing part. A keen eye for detail and a sense of proportion and composition is recommended to study complex biological systems which would be much harder to explain in text. None of this is brainiac stuff, though.

Pharmacy. Got denied entrance to pharmacy school though and then I did some stupid shit that got me gang stalked which led to homelessness for 3 years. Trying to straighten out my life now but I still hear voices everyday and have to deal with them in my dreams and stuff. It's great...

>Doing ECE
>Expected to graduate Spring 2020
I got my sights on working for the Federal Government(NSA,CIA etc) doing a comfy low stress and cushy job.Doesn't get any better than this. Best of all I have very little loans since I attended CC for 2 years and live instate.I love watching normies self implode in college when they chose absolute shit majors that will never pay back their debt.

Attached: maxresdefault.png (1280x720, 699K)

EE/Math develops hardware, CS/Math develops software. My degree has parts of both but not to the same level as one that went into either. So my 4 year is really a 2 year in 2 subjects.
I should have just become an electrician or plumber. People hate lifting shit.

It's your duty now to pull a Snowden at the first given opportunity