Dialectical Behavioral Therapy self help resource
>dbtselfhelp.com

Books:
Meditations of Marcus Aurelius
>gutenberg.org/ebooks/2680
Mindfulness in Plain English
>misc.equanimity.info/downloads/mindfulness_in_plain_english.pdf
How to Win Friends and Influence People, Revised
>anonfile.com/j4K6XeT2m8/_Revised_Dale_Carnegie_-_How_to_win_friends_and_influence_people-Simon_and_Schuster_1981_pdf

Rather than rolling in this thread, you can find a random number generator just right there:
> mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom

Old:

Questions:
>What does "making it" mean to you?
>What did you do in the last week to improve your life?
>What will you do in the next week to improve your life?

Attached: 1554053201091.png (902x667, 585K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sPof3taFRto
docs.google.com/document/d/1AXLXeAj-fANm3pndr8mWZfafBSELmqMTPlX2drlnD7w/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSp49wFIi-uQ3qNIgifUPQW6Tkg9XPNTCoED2lmIuXdfgREDfH-GOR6wweYWEEXt3CMYw44CSKGgpJi/pub
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is anyone else tired of the reactions they get from people when they achieve their goals?
>get a summer internship doing AI research at my university
>people ask what I'm doing for the summer
>"just staying here and doing some research"
>"HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU'RE DOING RESEARCH??? CONGRATS BRO THAT'S SO AWESOME YOU'RE LIKE THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AHFPOKDSSKFW"

I've never been one to tell anyone my plans, but at this point I don't even want to tell anyone that I've accomplished those plans. "Climb a mountain and tell no one," as they say.

You need to delineate social interactions to their base components and realize that you can interface with most NPCs purely on the basics. They ask the question because they're bored or they're trying to get a sense of how their summer plans stack up against their peers. You fell for the meme and replied truthfully, telling them you were doing something more interesting and productive than what they were doing. Now they'll resent you and feel as though you're showing off. You should have just given a neutral non-answer like "Ah well you know, just going to get some work done." It's what they want to hear and carries 0 social implications either for you or them.

I've learned to disregard that kind of stuff

Growing up with people praising every little thing I achieved and acting like I was some kind of prodigy only set me back by making me lazy and complacent.

You should only seek the approval of one judge, and that is yourself

I guarantee you are both autistic
They are just happy for you, or if not at least just pumping you up like a normal human being. No one is gonna say
> youre doing research? fucking loser I hope you kill yourself

damn I forgot how autistic this board is

How do I overcome crippling apathy? I just want something to study or work towards that is meaningful and that is rewarding to master.

Everything just seems so pointless bros. It's like my heart isn't in it anymore but I'm still yearning for something to strive for. I don't give a shit about money besides the bare minimum, don't care about interaction with others besides my dad and don't really have any hobbies besides lifting (and don't want them).

I remember when I was a little kid I wanted to build robots and was always drawing pictures of them and building stuff with pieces of wood and a glue gun, cutting aluminum pieces, and doing some really basic programming with lego NXT. However, it occured to me that I only did it because I thought robots looked cool. No other or higher reason other than they looked cool. Just lol.

Why bother?

Attached: img1.jpg (650x365, 19K)

>people mean what they say
you have autism

>You should only seek the approval of one judge, and that is yourself
This

ye lol

bump

Been feeling low recently bros. Back on the SSRIs while exams are happening.

I've been thinking that I'm mentally sluggish and not as quick-witted as my peers when it comes to banter. Best way to improve besides practice? Are there any books?

>knocked 15 things off my to-do list
>13 things to do next week
>will probably add more
Not enough hours in the day

Well atleast your lifting, why aren't you apathetic about that?

How do I stop being a pushover, being weak, and beta, and instead earn respect, be alpha, confident, and stoic?

had my first psych appointment and therapy session for anorexia + manic depression/anxiety this week boys, it's gonna be a long road but i'm finally starting somewhere. here goes nothing :)

Also how to end social anxiety on top of all this? Its all related.

habit

Well, why did you start lifting? You probably would have quit if there wasn't at least some small reason to keep lifting.

Okay Jow Forums I came here becouse I want to share this knowldege with those who need it.

>Chillin at the park watching the full moon
>Extreme sexy girl over there with other girls

There is a point between wanting to aproach her and when your beta mind start to put excuses to do not do it. You MUST ACT BEFORE THOSE TOUHGTS

>I Get Up
>I Aproach
>Flirt with her
>Get her number

Now, this is the first time doing this and I felt extremely nervous after doing it. Then, I felt It

>C H A D O V E R D R I VE

I felt as a GOD, unstoppable.

Now, you can apply this to anythjing you want to do... If you want/must to do something, you must do it BEFORE your mind start to put excuses.

Have a good night anons.

Attached: Mountain Lion (2).jpg (2560x1440, 441K)

I will be arround here for 30min. Ask me anything you need.

Attached: Tame the Dragon.png (1845x945, 470K)

drink coffee lol

I have a stutter so I can’t execute this game plan.

>still depressed after 4 years
>medications did literally nothing, positive or negative, except for dry mouth one time
>decide to finally try fixing my diet
>low carb, lots of vegetables, no sugar
>feel horrible now that my one source of pleasure in life is gone
I guess I'm not searching for advice, just venting. You see, I've had severe unexplained stomach problems since getting this disease, so it seems this really may be the way out, but damn is it hard to sit through. I'll just have to keep at it I suppose.

>stutter

Try mindfulness meditation. But I dont know your condition so I only can say that.

Attached: 7 DAY IMPULSE CONTROL.png (1332x1949, 397K)

I think you're shitposting, but this unironically. Men do before they think

>tfw got a good paying job with benefits
>tfw moving out of parents house
>tfw have friends now who invite me to do fun shit
>tfw huge group of guys I go shooting with ever sunday

It does get better guys. A year ago I was a 24yo drug addict loser who played overwatch all day.

Today I'm working 40 hours, doing another 20 hours in school, have a social life, and its so worth trying. You have to believe shit can work out for you. YOU CAN FUCKING DO IT.

Is this image a meme??

>with 1 year a drug addict gets a high paying benefitted job and works full time while in more school part time

typical fit

go to engineering school
I did it at 25
finishing first year now, no regrets

tho if you're american and don't have money dont do it

Partial shitposting user.

Not really user

Attached: Discipline.jpg (1900x1224, 748K)

I'M IN LOVE AAAAA
And tomorrow I will talk with the person who made me sick.
Send good energy anons, it will be 100% a disaster, but I cannot live like that, I'm thinking about this person 24/7
Also my self steem is a shit so whatever

Hey I wouldn't have believed it if you told me that 1 year ago, but you kinda have some wakeup calls in life and realize you gotta buckle down and make shit work.

That and I spent a ton of time analyzing myself and why I used drugs/was depressed. I attacked those things and really worked toward resolving those issues.

Plus tradeschool is a fucking blessing for people who aren't typical. You can get a very well paying job for a tiny bit of experience as we are lacking in so many different areas in skilled workers and employers just need people bad.

Good luck user, the best of wishes to (you)

>loser in every aspect of life at 27
>only socialization i do is with people at work (most coworkers are like 28-33 range)
>a small number are going on a hike near work tomorrow so im gonna go
>gonna have to subway 45 minutes there (like i do every day im the only one that lives a long distance away)
>then probably gonna go to costco with them since i have a membership and they want to get some stuff including my qt boss wanting to get employees snacks

>actually excited because at least ill be out of my room on a saturday unlike normal

imagine being this pathetic and thinking self improvement can help you lol

I go to my dad's every week just so I'm not inside on the computer all day

Good luck, guy. Just make sure they feel the same way before you make that emotional investment... or you will learn the hard way!

Good advice user, this is really usefull for me,

Have this big cat

Attached: BIG CAT.jpg (885x798, 846K)

your dads what

Everything starts somewhere. Its not pathetic. My entire friend group spawned from meeting up with a bunch of Jow Forums dudes to go shooting and through making friends, I've met more and more people.

If you make friends with 1 person, all those people's friends open up, and you meet more and more. Go, be social, have a good time. Keep putting yourself out there.

His dad’s place

Cheers lads, we're all gonna make it (I hope so).
Stop pretending that you're me. Why do you want to be a loser???? lmao

No, but it doesn't work for everyone. For some people drastic changes work best and for others small little things that slowly add up work better.

It would be cool to look jacked and get strong.

You see it drives me insane but I want to accomplish things but I can't rationalize why I want to do it other than "oh I guess it would be cool".

It's hard with picking a career or something to study though because I'm almost equally apathetic towards all choices and those that I'm somewhat interested in like engineering, mechatronics, CS, finance, becoming an MD, pharmacist, lawyer...etc are all super diverse from each other, require entire different types of personalities yet I view them all as "I guess it would be pretty cool if I was X".

How do I stop being a pushover, being weak, and beta, and instead earn respect, be alpha, confident, and deal with possible social anxiety?

Make yourself comfortable in any social setting you are at. By any means.

How to really have healthy sleep as neet?
Will be working again in two weeks, but a job with either day or evening shifts that wont fix my schedule.
How do I stop?
Its 6:30 now. The last few weeks have been 1/2/3/4/5/6am bed time
I hate this.
I know of blue light. Pre sleep routine. Tried bunch of stuff. But its hard to disconnect.

What type of engineering? I was thinking about going to school for mathematical finance but once again, crippling apathy overtook when I realized I don't give a shit about money outside enough to survive

Who takes up a hobby for some higher reason? Ignoring religious teachings, your purpose in life is to entertain yourself and if you find something fun it isn't stupid.

You mind going over some of the steps you took? Congrats man, that's a lot to accomplish in such a short amount of time

How's your weekend Jow Forums? I've been going through mild depression and anxiety for a couple months now. I've been getting better but how do I deal with feeling a anxious and depressed when I wake up. I've started therapy and meditation but I'm an impatient fuck and I want to see results sooner. Any advice?

Attached: 1544673789979.jpg (865x960, 90K)

>I did it at 25

Fuck bro I was having a major crisis since I'm only starting my BA now and I'm 25. What am I in for? Does chilling with a bunch of 18 years olds feel off?

I feel like the oldest not old person ever

Attached: 1553308341671.jpg (500x594, 33K)

is mindfulness in plain english worth reading or am i better of spending my time actually just meditating?

Just keep mediating and lifting. Meditation is a rollercoaster ride in my opinion. When I first reached into my subconscious and found out how much of a slave I am to my desires, laziness, and lust, I legit had a major fucking panic attack.

But in time and repeating my beliefs to myself, it's becoming one of the greatest tools in my life. Remind yourself that every walking or deceased legend does or had meditated through their journey. There seems to be no exception to this rule

Currently studying engineering, no one cares about your age. There are mostly 18-21 year olds in the first grade, but there are always a few 25-30 year olds. They seem to fit in well. Just start before it’s too late.

>New girl who is EXACTLY my type starts work
>I mean at least 8/10
>We all work on the same floor just different teams
>She is on the team next to me

Lads..

How would i go about showing interest? I can’t let this slip away even If I’m shot down instantly, she is just too good not to give it a go at least

I went to uni at 18 and then again at 31. Age does not matter.

Use it to your advantage user.

You’re right nothing does matter. So why not take big risks, why be afraid to fail? Life is like the best vidya, incredible graphics, great physics, punishingly difficult; why not see and do all the content you like?

I understand where you’re coming from totally but now I see the other side of the coin

So, i’m currently visiting my home town for easter where my ex lives. (Broke up 5 months ago mostly due to distance). I broke up over phone (distance, wasnt getting on the train just to break up) and we haven’t spoken since. The relationship was kind of bad, sex sucked, she was depressed and anxious, she was an overall dull person. She had dreams but not the motivation to fulfill them for example. Most days off were spent in her room watching movies or youtube clips. Getting back together isn’t an option, but I want to see her. Currently thinking about contacting her, just asking if she wants to meet for a coffee or something. I’m mostly wondering how she’s doing, and i’d like to talk a few things about the relationship through. (Get closure or something) Is it a bad idea brehs?

Attached: CC59EDA9-3B98-49FD-BA8D-E508A5BC86DC.jpg (1245x1591, 245K)

i've struggled with anxiety, depression, brain fog and fatigue all my life, i've also had thrush that i just scraped away every morning. never really considered it a problem
now i'm trying a carnivore diet and my symptoms are gone, but if i just as much as eat half an apple or slice of bread it comes back

It sounds like a slippery slope my man. I don't think closure matters all that much, and if you aren't planning of getting back together, and you don't really want to keep exes around as friends, I'd pass and just enjoy my holiday.

If you really care about closure and you think this will take something off your mind go for it, just be resolved to not let anything happen.

No one can really tell you what to do in that situation as no one knows her but you. If shes mature enough to have that conversation than i'd say go for it, but everyones experienced some depressed chick who will either try to seduce you or guilt you into doing something for her. Be careful not to tarnish your memories of this trip home for the holidays if you dont need to

Attached: 1553907108242.jpg (1023x1419, 341K)

Use melatonin. It is non addictive, non habit forming, non neurotoxic and easy to get OTC. If you live in a country like mine where melatonin is prescription only, any GP will prescribe it to you easily. Take one an hour before when you want to go to bed and you'll have a much easier time doing it. It's a godsend for getting your sleep back in order. I take 2mg extended release, but a 1-3mg dose is fine. Take less if it's instant release. Use it for ~3 months and your sleep will go back to being healthy. Good luck, user. I've been there before, shit sleep makes your whole life bad.

>but if i just as much as eat half an apple or slice of bread it comes back

I guess the questions are:
1) What do you hope to accomplish?
2) What are the odds that you will accomplish it?
3) What are the possible downsides?

If you just broke up with her because she was boring and the relationship was bad, I don't see what you're going to gain from it.

>Is it a bad idea brehs?
yes

Thanks guys, I’ll really think this through. If I go meet her I’ll do it towards the end of the trip, as to not ruin my stay.

Watch/listen to talkshow podcasts, especially ones featuring comedians

I know this may not be the answer you want, but really the only good way to get good at small talk is engaging in it. Find topics normies usually go on about - like sports or whatever.

Have you heard of the carnivore diet? Many people with depression, allergies or autoimmune disorders try it. They only eat meat, or sometimes meat and greens. Supposedly it works.

Just go say hi, ask her how her weekend was, or something. If you're somewhat cute and act kind she'll be friendly. Why do you say she is your type? If you know of any interests you have in common go on about that.

>people unironically shilling for the carnie diet

How do I not get pissed at my parents for being so stupid? Lately they've been driving me to the point where I want to kick stuff.

I'm a medschool student about to take an exam and they'll do annoying shit like blast music while I'm studying.

I just want advice on how to control my temper and get less angry and snappy whenever I speak to them.

I don't get why it's so hard to accept that it can work for some people. All of our guts are different

I've been jerking off for the past three days now, I hate that I'm not having self control like I did before. I realised I jerk off more than I need to when I stress out. Problem is, I don't know or can't figure out what is making me all stressed.

> I can’t let this slip away even If I’m shot down instantly

You're no where near letting things slip away or getting shot down you goofball. Introduce yourself, be polite, and see if she seems interested in talking to you or not. Asking her how she came to work there is a usually decent enough conversation starter while also not sounding too flirty and also ALSO gives you a chance to see how interested she is in talking to you as you'll either get a throw away nonstarter or she'll go into her history a bit and give you a chance to mention common ground.

And for fuck's sake give it time and let this breath. Do NOT come across as desperate or pushy because you really want it to work. She works there, she isn't going anywhere. You don't want to be brooding two years down the line, still working with her and knowing that you rushed and fumbled the potential relationship a month into meeting her.

Attached: 1551158360558.jpg (754x692, 137K)

Guts are different but not drastically so. The people shilling it being literally mentally ill (JP, sverige, etc) doesn't help either.

Are you vegan or something? Also it's not like it's a widespread thing like gluten-free used to be back in the day.

I guess I mostly want to see if she’s doing okay and show her that i’m doing okay. I’m kind of worried about her in some way.

The downsides i can think of is that i’ll miss her even more after seeing her or that she’ll be a bitch and try to make me jelous.

Ty

The only roasties I've been meeting recently have the following traits
>coke head
>daddy issues
>belly button piercing
>wants tattoos but is too broke
>tongue piercing
>loves to "travel"
>gets her politics from celebs
I know this is /sig/ but where have all the good women gone?

Attached: 1553489638413.png (831x799, 329K)

There are no good women, just women with good male figures in their lives. Go join a church group or something with a strong right leaning following and you'll have a better chance of finding a girl who isn't a mess.

Why do carnie retards assume anybody who doesn't adhere to their meme diet is a vegan? What a dumb line of thinking.

Same, but:
>depressed
>anxious
>weird hair color

Get off tinder and get a good job.

>assuming i'm a "carnie retard" just because I suggested someone try something
>not answering the question

Are you lacking some kind of macronutrient in your diet? It might reduce your attention span.

If I were to give a piece of advice to anybody who's trying to improve themselves, no fap especially, I would say to not keep track of the days. If you keep track of the days, you think about it and it implies that you're going to one day "break the streak". If you ever think that improving your self or moving up in life is ever some sort of measurable progress meter that resets, you're going to discourage your self because there is no end to self improvement.

Self-improvement is a lie and humanistic garbage which is shoveled at people to make them feel better about themselves anyway. The truth is that it's impossible to help yourself in a meaningful way. You need somebody to help you. If you improve your relationships, you will improve.

tldr: self-help culture is broken humanistic garbage

Attached: 1466044633413s.jpg (222x210, 5K)

It really pisses me off when some mods who are probably new start fucking with the threads, moving them to Jow Forums etc, it really dilutes the... i guess i could say community or atmosphere.

Who let shlomo out of his cage? Shoo, shoo, don't you have a baby dick sucking party to attend?

Attached: 1543622098446.png (1000x1000, 237K)

What do you guys think of yoga? Like legit yoga, not the shit for basic white bitches

>if you think the carnivore diet is a dumb meme, you must be a vegan
Yes, you are an idiot. Thanks for asking.

Pick up drawing, study really hard, and eventually make your own Mecha comics, bro. Life is so much better when you are bitten by the art bug , not just the iron bug. You can achieve greatness. Godspeed , user.

Any anons here silver-tounged devils?

I want to improve my wit. Is it highly limited by IQ?

Attached: 1502682142742.png (378x357, 81K)

been on a cut for ~4 weeks and fear i'm developing some bad relationships with food. It's literally all I think about throughout the day and I plan every day around eating times. Worst of all is I eat about 60% of my food between 8 and 11 pm then go to bed.

Is this "normal" for being on a cut? I'm just worried because my sister has had anorexia her whole life and while I don't think I'll ever develop it I definitely don't want most of my waking time to be revolved around food. I'm high and rambling but looking to hear others thoughts on this

Attached: mcenroe1.png (1244x930, 2.41M)

That's great user, baby steps forward. Keep it up.

Well bros, it's time to give back. Took a long time to write and if you feel like you're in a bad place and want to make change, all I could do is recommend giving a look at this piece I wrote.

docs.google.com/document/d/1AXLXeAj-fANm3pndr8mWZfafBSELmqMTPlX2drlnD7w/edit

Going to shill it extremely hard tomorrow so I can try to get more data about my writing skills and find out what I need to work on, but it's yours for the rest of night and tomorrow morning /sig/ I personally feel I owe it to you.

Going to go get some rest since I've been doing almost nothing but work on it for the past 14 hours, so I apologize for not responding quickly if anyone asks anything.

Attached: 1542958079743.png (1123x1204, 84K)

Based

Wow all of that time just to make one post and I fuck the one thing in the post up that needed to work in the link lmao. Here it is. docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSp49wFIi-uQ3qNIgifUPQW6Tkg9XPNTCoED2lmIuXdfgREDfH-GOR6wweYWEEXt3CMYw44CSKGgpJi/pub

Ok, I did it, I bit the bullet, I asked her out. We had a nice evening and I got a hug goodbye.
But! I don't think she knew it was intended to be a date, I think she thought it was just two friends hanging out. Which is fine. But what do I do to make my intentions more obvious?

try reading more. it helped me.

Have you considered meditating ?
Why don't you study at a library user ?

Speak for yourself. Melatonin is OTC where I live and I used to try to abuse the shit out of it to sleep to run away from my problems.

Thanks user, I'll read it through. In the meanwhile, pertaining that pic I'm in between tier 3 and 2. I journal but I still can't come up with concrete "goals" for myself. Something even so far as thinking a month a head is a mystery for me. Any tips?

Give me the meditating pill please guys