FUCK BENCH JUST PRESS

>stopped benching
>only OHP now
>feel way better and more alpha

Anyone else experience this?

Attached: 14608319-4194-4B03-B145-31712C94BC75.jpg (640x360, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fT8xkDq8M2M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have 3d delts from OHP.
83kg BW and my ohp is 70kg for 3. I regularly do hypertrophy training and front/side raises.
But i don't neglect bench tho.

For some reason I hate bench. I got up to 335 and had no motivation to keep going up. Plus you don't need a spot for OHP.

Whoaa 335 how do I get that

Does anyone have any hints on how to OHP perfectly? I have watched several videos on it but I always feel pain in my left shoulder or in my lats, which won't let me go to more weight.
I do OHP with 20-30 kg btw

I used to prioritize OHP and got to 135 in my first 6-8 months or so, shoulders were looking juicy and were about the only indicator that I lifted. Then decided I want to prioritize my chest and bench because both are poverty tier, stopped OHP’ing so as not to fry delts. Bench has gone up about 25lbs in a few months give or take (215) but my shoulders are gone and I look more dyel than ever.
Based OHP.

OMG YEASSS!
My husbands wife also says I look better

>my husband's wife

w0t

yeah i agree. i press 102x3 and 112x1, push press 155kg, never benched. bench is gay

I switched to suicide grip which cleared up shoulder pain for me

What's the point of workout out chest again?

Looks good

I do incline bench

Man cleavage in your henley or button up shirt

Bench more, more sessions per week, more volume + time

>I have 3d delts from OHP.
post them.

I know people with 3d delts and they're the ones who I've seen OHP 3pl8 while being 210lbs on stage and 230-235 off season.

Is it better to do OHP standing or sitting?

If sitting, chair at 90° or 115°?

Dope thanks

Work on rep speed and high frequency. That's how I built my bench.

does OHP recruit upper chest muscles?

>standing

FUCK YEAH, OHP BROS!!!

I PRESS 3 TIMES A WEEK AND FEEL FUCKING INCREDIBLE

3d delts from ohping 70 kg x 3

Attached: ew.png (387x326, 199K)

>not doing both

Typical benchlet who gave up because it's hard. You're not gonna make it.

>bench
>hard

Isn't OHP harder than bench?

it the manliest of lifts, definitely.
my enthusiasm is only lightly dampened by the babby weights i can move.

>Bench
>OHP
>Pull ups

I stopped doing everything else. These three exercises are all I need.

No

Replace bench with squat. Bench is worthless.

yepp
havent benched in bout 6 months
heavy rows/pullups and heavy ohp is two lifts you ever need to become an aesthetik kunt
my routine is just alternating light ohp/light row/heavy ohp/heavy row with loads of accessory work

do both sitting and standing if your ohp gains get slow
i dont recommend sitting ohp with barbells tho, also you want something more than 90° it feels a lot more natural
if you wanna do 90° anyway do neutral grip

Every time I press, no matter what weight, I get a sharp pain in my neck that radiates up to the base of my skull.

I really want to focus on it but I cant.

I do landmine for upper chest and front delts. Shit is dope. No reason to stop doing other shit, though. I like eating pork, but I also like spinach. Sometimes I eat them both. Eating spinach doesn't affect my choice of protein.

I started prioritising OHP over bench and the aesthetics are way better. People look at you in awe if you can do heavy OHP as well.

I can only do lmao1plate for reps but get looks for it, never seen anyone else do more than 40kg.

Depends but there are lot of guy here struggle to get over a 2plate and just decide that you may as well not train the third biggest muscle group in your body. Real pussy shit like this guy

Do you train at a women's only gym or something. I cana OHP 2plate and there multiple guys who mog me in my gym.

> 3d delts from OHP

I OHP'd 74 kg 3 x 5 this week and have shit delts.

the fuck you talking about

post body
>you wont

Heh, almost a good OHP. Too bad he leaned back a little bit. That makes it a standing incline bench press, which doesn’t count.

Whenever I go downwards while pressing I feel a click in my upper forearm, only on the right side. Could anyone tell me what this is or how I could get rid of it?

Clicks anywhere in your body don't matter at all, as long as they don't hurt.

It does hurt unfortunately

>stopped doing a chest exercise
>no longer feel chest doms (and that’s a good thing!)

My OHP is 115lbs, 6*10-12 twice a week, the latter being 45lb dumbbells.
Quality reps, in the words of Jeff. Anyone can jerk weights around

Attached: PicsArt_04-19-05.51.51.jpg (1161x1176, 226K)

Druggos fuck off

Exactly where does it hurt? How bad does it hurt? Does it hurt even with light weight, or no weight at all?

Try adjusting the width of your grip. I had a problem like this before and it went away when I narrowed my grip a bit. If that doesn't work you might be using too much weight.

yeah i stopped barbell benching and just started pressing mainly instead. hit 140x2 this week, a new pr,, hoping for 145x1 next week which will be a new PR

hoping to hit 155 before mid/late may when I graduate

why no sitting ohp w/ barbell?

It actually hurts when I go to around 85% max, and going narrow/suicide grip helps but it still pains me

Do dumbbells or some shit. Unracking from seated OHP is the only time my shoulders feel weird and unstable but it's getting better over time.

it's the ultimate npc exercise, people only do it because others do

Seriously though what should you do if you want to do both? Guessing one day should be OHP dedicated and another bench. Does doing incline bench translate into OHP gains?

Bench is gay just stop doing it.

Joe Weider promoted big pecs in bodybuilding because he was gay. Also published gay magazines.

The seated shoulder press rack at my gym has hooks in front and behind of you to rack/unrack the bar. However the highest front hook is about throat/clavicle height while the back hooks go over my head. What I usually do is lean back against the vertical seat almost as if I were to do an incline bench press, unrack it from the back hooks, let the weight settle in my palms and then slide down into a seated position and start pressing.

Yeah, I used to do that too but I've gotten better at unracking it without doing a pseudo incline bench press.

I always get paranoid about how much I lean back and what's acceptable, and feel like literally everyone is judging me the entire time

>t. 175lb 1rm straight as a board

dips are way better than bench
PS when you do barbell OHP you should be shoving your head forward, putting your arms just behind your ears on the lockout. this activates the other heads of the delt more.

nice tip, thanks bro

Clench your cheeks and slightly arch your upper back

ohp assistance?

I do sets of 10-15reps with 10/5/2.5lb plates, doing bent over cuban rotation and press, Y, W and T raises. I've never gotten a good feeling from doing facepulls, despite them supposedly being GOAT for the upper back.

Recently started doing overhead plate holds (one in each hand) while pacing back and forth. Looks weird, but really puts a pump in my mid traps and around the shoulder.

Also doing a max time hold with my last back off set as an overhead shrug seems to be helping with my stability overhead.

What do you people do for shpulder strength and health?

Face pulls should be for rear delts, and do them everyday, even at home

Bench and squat are memes. They lead to life long injury. Just look at Ronnie cripple Coleman.

>face pulls at home
Literally how?

Attached: close-up-of-a-man-peeling-off-facial-mask-from-face-D0W3MY.jpg (864x1390, 140K)

I responded, 6/10 troll

Resistance bands. Don't attach them to anything in your bathroom though...

Attached: HT_harry_reid_jef_150109_16x9_992.jpg (992x558, 49K)

pincel

agreed, i always found laying on your scapula then moving your shoulders a bit awkward.

the one arm dumbbell ohp deserves more attention in the lifting community.

i think it the GOAT of all ohp lifts

Not him, but I've seen dudes bench nearly 4pl8, as well as people squatting 6 and deadlifting 8, but I haven't seen anyone OHP more than a plate

I get that as well. Like a vein popping in your forearm? Horrible. One of the main reasons I don't do OHP, other than it being a rubbish exercise in general.

cos only weak beginner fags do OHP

can projecting chestlets just kill themselves please

roids are for low t betas

uncomfortable, might be just me but it feels like shit sitting with a heavy loaded barbell
also reracking is way easier if you are going for a pr, just drop dumbbells on knees and on the floor with bbs u gotta stand up(seated bb pin press is fine)

When you OHP, does the bar always have to touch/rest on your chest for it to be a full ROM, or can there be a gap between your chest and bar ?

Pic related is Larry Wheels OHP starting position. He then dips it down and pushes it up using the stretch reflex. Is this wrong form? I used to do this. Now I just rest the bar on my chest deadstop every rep and push from it touching my chest.
Does it need to touch my chest to be good form?

Attached: Larry-Wheels-1.jpg (528x302, 29K)

please answer im about to go to the gym and do OHP

I was a retard and strained my neck when pressing. Reminder to push your head front when duri

no you're not supposed to touch your chest

Why not?

What why not ?

retard just search ohp form stronglifts

Proper OHP should start just right about touching your collar bone, movement should somewhat follow a letter J and shrug at the top of the movement for maximum activation.

based.
but add swimming and once a week diddlys then its ubermensch tier

Both is fine. As long as you don't half rep it. If you start like Larry you have to lower it to chest then press it overhead like he does.
Its probably preference

>What's the point of workout out chest again?

To have big boobies like a woman

>should somewhat follow a letter J
It should be a straight line

The gap is generally allowed for competition, but starting with the bar on your collar is a more full exercise that feels better to me.

Attached: A02B44EA-CAFC-4998-9317-C06C0988663F.jpg (628x787, 53K)

Aren't big shoulders more impressive than big boobs?

Have both man the girlies go crazy

Ohp one week

Bench the next week

Attached: 1555836474768.png (749x585, 733K)

I'd rather have big legs / shoulders than man titties.

i OHP everyday, but start off at 90 degrees so chin level and press up, its feels the best without any risk of injury

widen your grip

Are you squeezing your shoulder blades back?

I usually forego flat BB bench and do incline DB press and weighted dips. I like doing dumbells because the bar fucks with my shoulder.

>3d delts from OHP
>70kg for 3
yeah no

Larry used the stretch reflex to help him. A strict press is like Klokov does but very few press like that because they would have to use lighter weight. youtube.com/watch?v=fT8xkDq8M2M

How much weight is that?

>it says 150kg in the title