Tips for overcoming gym anxiety?

Attached: gym.jpg (560x560, 56K)

stop caring. Be more self-centered, be aware that a good portion of people in your gym are the same way.

Watch tutorials on the exercises you want to do, maybe pick an established program. The only time I cringe at people in the gym is when they have retarded form. If they're just dyel but are putting in good effort, I respect that.

seriously, unless a person there is actively talking to you they don't give a single shit what you're doing (unless you're fucking around at the station they want or something). just go, do your workouts, and accept that nobody cares.

Literally just go. Nobody's going to be looking at you because you're too small to see

This is your answer op.

Just go and follow some basic rules:
-dont stare at THOTs
-put the equipment away when you're done
-tip the girl at the front desk
-know your routine and get in and get out. Not mirror selfies or waffling about looking around trying to think of something to do

>tip the girl at the front desk

Don’t listen to this guy. The thots are a service provided by the gym to help beginners. Feel free to peruse them at leisure for maximum gains.

>Tips for overcoming gym anxiety?
Let's start with how old you are, OP? That will tell me most of what I need to know.

fpbp

Also, if you're new to lifting it doesnt hurt to research a bit on form and how to properly use the machines at your gym.

People in this thread are going to say, "Just don't care" which is like telling people, "Just don't have emotions". You're going to have the anxiety no matter what however that anxiety likely stems from a feeling of being afraid to stick-out and/or get made fun of. Here are some ways to help manage that irrational fear:

1) Wear something that you will feel comfortable in. If it means going to a sports store and buying some cheap shorts + some kind of workout shirt - do that. If you are comfortable wearing a beat up shirt then do that. It shouldn't matter but if it does, solve it.

2) As others have said, have a plan. I used to have anxiety stemming from looking like I don't know what I'm doing. Having a plan of like 5-6 exercises (with weight levels planned out) that you are there to do will help you feel and look like you have a purpose.

3) Don't stare at anyone and/or engage with people more than necessary. You aren't there to oogle girls and/or guys. You are there to do your routine - if that requires asking someone if you can work in or when they'll be done, go ahead. Just don't make it about more than that.

4) Consistency. It's going to feel overwhelming everytime you go if there is more than a 2+ weeks inbetween sessions. The more you go, the more you will realize that it's not a big deal, no one cares that you are there, and that no one who is worth a shit cares that you are there. If someone does chirp you (which I've seen happen almost never) then they are a total piece of shit.

fucking lol

This is my biggest headache, I can watch a video on how to deadlift a hundred times but I'll still think I'm doing it wrong or I'm trying to cheat and end up aggravated

If it helps, almost everyone has gym anxiety when they start. Nobody cares that you're there unless you're hogging equipment or you have poor personal hygiene.

Make sure you don't stink and go in with a plan for what you're going to do. If you're focussing on your plan you won't worry so much about what other people are thinking about you (which incidentally is nothing at all whatever).

Doesn't have to be perfect form, just as long as you can generally do the correct movement and aren't doing like a 4th of the true ROM.

just dont do the thing

I remember in school one of the teachers saying something about being naked or whatever to overcome your anxiety because it'll be that much easier when you have clothes on?

So are saying user should walk out of the changing rooms naked?

actually go to the gym and work on your form. there, no more anxiety.

Once you realize 80% of the people going to the gym are debatably weirder than you and 100% don't care about you being there will make it easier. Seriously though about the weird people part like they don't have a problem so neither should you. You'll notice most people who are at the gym are not even sort of ripped.

Attached: 1555497169077.jpg (658x501, 258K)

Say it again user, I fucking dare you...

Attached: 1549503117737.jpg (500x353, 35K)

What the fuck is gym anxiety? Just go you fucking soiboi.

KEK

Read and then reread the Nike slogan