Red Meat

I have a presentation to do for my nutrition class and I chose my topic on red meat and how research studies have skewed their data to make it seem like a diet that includes red meat can put you at more of a risk for cancers, chronic diseases, and CVD. What do you guys think I should mention to help convince my class that one shouldn't be afraid to consume red meat?

Attached: Meat Heart.jpg (851x564, 299K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EW7AzTnxzoo
youtube.com/watch?v=YGoesCagrwg
youtube.com/watch?v=365v39VpqXo
youtube.com/watch?v=hjGHwR7hSyE
youtube.com/watch?v=w9HB04glRNo
youtube.com/channel/UChi5M3k_K4yuRpWAp00xBQA
youtube.com/watch?v=oZSz4AmaMcs
youtube.com/watch?v=4rieOahGXUU
nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM200004203421601
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/2006/02/09/low-fat-diet-not-a-cure-all-womens-health-initiative/
diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
suppversity.blogspot.com/2011/12/devil-in-feeding-trough-pge-response-to.html?m=1
chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>statistics about meat include obese and morbidly obese people, that's why they turn out to be unhealthy "on paper"
>high cholesterol isn't bad if you do cardio, lift and don't sit around on your ass all day

Right, a lot of research papers I read so far on the topic just look at the person's diet, and do not even consider how factors like daily physical activity, predisposed genetics, or lifestyle choices can play a role in a person's health.

Mention that your presentation is a work of falsehood and fiction and not to take anything said seriously

OK let's see what I have got.
First of all the 'studies' are mostly or all "epidemiology" which means "fucking asking a bunch of retards" that's literally the 'study' (a 2$ BUDGET SURVEY)

This is known as useful for forming a hypothesis, but useless as far as determining cause and effect (they don't tell you that). Epidemiology studies are basically for researchers only, not to be used for action for the general public and real scientists will explain this to you, if they are honest.

THEN they combine red meat with processed meat, as if grass fed organic beef belongs in the same category as rancid hot dogs (yes they really are that deceptive)

THEN the difference is miniscule, a literal rounding error (from 4% risk to 5% risk, for ex, then they blow that up and pretend your'e basically going to die.

THEN they never account for how literally sickly these long term vegans are to begin with, they pretend that's not happening.

I'll post some links for you to follow in the next post. Good luck exposing these anti-meat liars. (you could just show them this video, and ask if the 'scientists' who determine meat is bad, are all batshit raving lunatics like Dr. McDougall??

youtube.com/watch?v=EW7AzTnxzoo

Attached: Healthy Vegan Teeth Durianrider Edition.png (1280x800, 1.18M)

Hey OP here is Dr. (Chiropracty) Darren Schmidt, guy is a legend at debunking the vegan "studies" he really breaks the lingo down into themes a normie omniivore can understand. Must watch videos if you want to understand this subject.

youtube.com/watch?v=YGoesCagrwg
youtube.com/watch?v=365v39VpqXo
youtube.com/watch?v=hjGHwR7hSyE

And here is Dr. Shawn Baker, in this interview he also answers some of your questions. I recommend-- (fuck me I can't find the vid) here he is laughing at long term vegan nutjob McDougall, diagnoses him with early dementia at 71 lol...

youtube.com/watch?v=w9HB04glRNo

Attached: Freelee After Veganism.jpg (638x642, 190K)

Thanks for all the info and videos. I was really struggling to find some well-thought out talks about this subject so this helps out a ton.

It's the least I can do.
Also check out Bart Kay the nutrition science watchdog (little bit more technical talk, pro carnivore) and Lierre Keith (ex vegan with lots of info about harms of the vegan starvation diet, and lots on the environmental aspects) She's actually a huge libtard feminazi, so it galls her to have to tell this about veganism and what it did to her (almost killed her)

youtube.com/channel/UChi5M3k_K4yuRpWAp00xBQA

youtube.com/watch?v=oZSz4AmaMcs

Attached: Is Eating Meat Healthy Sv3rige Edition.jpg (1300x1800, 1.06M)

I know the whole vegan vs meat-eater diets will be brought up in my class regardless on what I do, I really am trying to just focus on the skewed data aspect of red meat. I don't think the vegan, or any diet, is fundamentally bad, I just want to focus on debunking some of the common myths that have caused a stigma of meat in our society.

I hope some of the stuff I posted was helpful. Ask the class why so many vegans teeth are falling out and bring examples lol.

youtube.com/watch?v=4rieOahGXUU

Yeah, but you need to be just as aggressive as them.
Push their shit in. Vegans:
>need to supplement
>don't get several nutrients from their diets
>most importantly they don't get B12 from their plants
>most elite vegan athletes are on the same, if not more, amounts of gear that meat eating athletes are
>in sports that matter, vegans are far behind the cream of the crop
>fart like crazy
>they literally get depression, anxiety, unexplained aggression

Just take your shirt off, flex snd say this is what red meat and calorie counting gets you.

You're not dyel are you?

Don't think so

Attached: today_LI.png (1546x1546, 2.5M)

> Go into a fact finding assignment with a preferred outcome
> Going to moan about data being skewed to reach a certain conclusion
oh irony

The studies referenced in guidelines do adjust for such things

1. These findings do separate the types of meat (see pic related)
2. They actually go beyond the epidemiological and look at mechanistic factors
3. Your meme freerange grassfed cow that lives in your garden still contains unhealthy substances such as IGF1, TMAO, Heme Iron, Cholesterol

If you're struggling to find stuff that agrees with your predetermined conclusion (aside from a scientologist chiropractor on youtube and pre-diabetic low test shawn baker who had to be convinced that getting blood work is a good idea) does it not dawn on you that your conclusion may be false and you should approach this subject with an open mind?

Forgot pic

Attached: download.png (198x254, 11K)

you have discovered those evil scientists in academia and their scheme to manipulate the poor meat industry ahem i mean small family ranchers
>heart disease is #1 cause of american death
>heart disease is caused by high cholesterol diet
>fiber can help reduce arterial plaque buildup
>average american eats less than 40g dv of fiber per day
>americans literally pack their shits in for five+ days
>americans love red meat because it tastes good
>red meat has no fiber and high cholesterol
>therefore
>stop eating so much red meat
>a single serving of red meat has 6months worth of vitamin b12
>meme milk and almond milk is enriched with vitamin b12
>a single can of beans has 24grams of protein
>almost all americans, even hardcore vegans eat between 60-70g of protein per day, much more than the daily value
but think of the meat industry how oh how will they ever survive if americans eat meat less frequently or eat fish instead of beef quick its time for more subsidies!

Vegan diet is worse

>cholesterol bad
>igf1 bad

Attached: 1551582247024.jpg (200x313, 10K)

I don't understand Frank's appeal.
he is like a physical manifestation of a r/zerocarb page.

wew, op delivers. part of the .01% of this board that actually lift.

>igf1
>heme iron
>cholesterol
>unhealthy substances
Vegan C O P E
Just because your diabetic skinnyfat bitchass can't get those doesn't meat they're bad, lmao.

>hiding his shit tattoo

Attached: soralpensant.jpg (259x194, 5K)

show me one study where vegans outperform omnivores when lifestyle factors are accounted for.
here's a hint, the Adventist studies never expose you to the raw data, they just say, "we adjusted goys, believe us" and they also classify people that eat meat less than twice a month as vegan.
>the study doesn't exist
picture for ants, fuck out of here.
there is no link between cholesterol and heart disease, do I need to go further into your shitpost?

you're supposed to find the sources and statistics and studies and then form an argument based on their findings, not form an opinion and then find information to support your claim. brainlet.

Sounds like you already made up your mind and now try to find data that supports your position, which is literally confirmation bias. Why not try to look at it from an objective viewpoint?

They both have no degrees in any related field of science. Schmidt is also trying to get people to buy his expensive coaching and supplements (that aren't FDA approved).

>hiding his shit face

Polyp prevention trial shows people who eat red meat have lower risk of colon cancer, lower risk of cancer recurrence, and no increased risk of cancer in general:
nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM200004203421601

Women's health initiative shows lower risk of cancer in women who eat red meat:
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/2006/02/09/low-fat-diet-not-a-cure-all-womens-health-initiative/

>>heart disease is caused by high cholesterol diet
Stopped reading here. Debunked lies.

>Polyp prevention trial shows people who eat red meat have lower risk of colon cancer, lower risk of cancer recurrence, and no increased risk of cancer in general
Where does the study say that? It's only comparing a low fat, high fiber diet to a 'normal' healthy diet.

>t. Read a flawed study that was paid for by the egg board

The high fibre fruit and vegetable group consumed 20% less red and processed meat than the other group.

>the egg board shill is at it again
Is it your full time job to trick people on Jow Forums into eating bread and drinking soda? Who pays you, Wonderbread or Coca-Cola?

high HDL cholesterol is good. High LDL cholesterol is bad. Red meat is full of saturated fats which increase LDL

>still thinking LDL is a relevant measure of health
Here’s an overview of the results of dozens of studies and meta-analyses comparing low-carb or low-fat diets, while tracking weight and other risk factors.

The blue (low carb) or red (low fat) squares signify a statistically significant advantage. The pale blue or red squares signify a non-significant trend toward low carb or low fat being superior.

As you can see above, low-carb diets repeatedly beat low fat in improving all metabolic risk factors. On the other hand, low fat can result in somewhat lower total and LDL cholesterol.

However, since all the metabolic factors (including HDL) favor low carb, even the best measurements of cholesterol-associated risk (like total cholesterol/HDL) favor low carb, on top of the clear victory in blood pressure, blood sugar and weight (including waist measurements).

Attached: Studies-on-low-carb.jpg (800x870, 112K)

Ivor Cummings has kino videos

20% isn't a lot though, so I would be careful to make any predictions based on this study.

When it comes to cholesterol the biggest difference is between eating none of it or eating even just a little bit of cholesterol, but after a certain point every added intake has a neglegible effect. So if your intake is high and you reduce it by 20% you wouldn't see much of a difference.

Maybe it's similar when it comes to cancer risk.

I don't think you're going to get a very good mark for this presentation, user.

Also as everybody has pointed out here, good science almost always involves a null hypothesis, and going into this with a pre-conceived notion (particularly a controversial one with no significant base of evidence or support from clinical practice guidelines) is always going to lead you down the wrong path.

Did my undergrad in nutrition, you're going to learn exactly how and why the recommendations to reduce red meat consumption were developed, and hopefully you'll read a shitload of high quality papers that explain in no uncertain terms the mechanisms and impacts of red meat consumption towards cancer risk, etc.

Why would you listen to 14 year olds on Jow Forums who watched a few youtube videos on 'hurr durr vegans are weak' versus your literal PhD academic professors who have objectively studied and researched these topics for years? Better yet, just follow the papers. If you read enough of the largest, most high-impact papers out there on the topic, I'm pretty sure you're going to make up your mind on this issue pretty quickly...

t. PhD student (physiotherapy) and former MA of dietetics student (physio is heaps better lol)

But on the other hand you have the Esselstyn study that showed that a vegan low fat diet can even reverse heart disease. Eliminating cholesterol completely has a much greater effect than limiting it, as I explained here So I assume a completely vegan low fat diet would have fared much better in comparison to the other low fat diets.

>research studies have skewed their data to make it seem like a diet that includes red meat can put you at more of a risk for cancers, chronic diseases, and CVD
>diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2011/12/devil-in-feeding-trough-pge-response-to.html?m=1
>chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
>foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/

Attached: meatcancer-bgthumb.jpg (825x300, 226K)