I don't see anything wrong with the Gillette ad

I don't see anything wrong with the Gillette ad.

I was bullied in school and i have seen men harassing women, both of which are bad.

Toxic masculinity is a thing that needs to go away. it's probably reaching its death, that's why it is fighting.

All I see are beta males pretending to be "men" and saying it offends them.

Attached: 165b2c2f-dd82-4835-8c91-f25720f7492d-AP_Gillette_Ad_Backlash.jpg (540x475, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=llFNeGr6RWY
youtube.com/watch?v=zPYotczyopU
statista.com/statistics/187478/death-rate-from-suicide-in-the-us-by-gender-since-1950/#0
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence_against_men
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I was bullied in school
Welcome to the club. Only a nigger cries about it.

I saw the ad and I honestly did not give a shit. Who cares it's just a retarded ad. Nothing is gonna change at all.

That was my attitude, people will post the fence sitting memes, but I actually felt very meh and neutral about it.

l havent been following. What are the normalfags cawing about this time?

Attached: 4ABDE73D-91F6-4664-AFBC-1FCFA748BF9D.jpg (306x306, 20K)

>All I see are beta males pretending to be "men" and saying it offends them.

And that's all you're going to get in this thread. Because any man content and secure in his masculinity wouldn't give two fucks about this conversation. Enjoy, you fucking pussies.

This ad is just an attack on white beta males
Chad's and non whites don't give a fuck

Anyone got a link to one not posted by gillette/buxxfeed shills? I want to be informed but dont want to give them views.

people are getting mad about shaving now? Fucking liberal leftists and their damn beard fetish. GAS THE BEARDS! FACE WAR NOW

Attached: hostage.jpg (940x705, 319K)

t. womyn with a putrid hole that will never marry

Attached: JAwaxFU.gif (540x304, 1.49M)

As far as I can tell, the only people seriously offended by that ad are niggers who catcall women and dumbass boomers looking for a reason to be offended

Was it a stupid ad? Sure, but you have to be a legitimate moron to be butthurt and offended by it like a shit ton of guys were. I have no fucking clue who those retards are desu

I saw a man aggressively harass three women in a row on a bus earlier today and I still hate the ad. The segment on bullying was alright, but other than that, the messaging is shit. It portrays ana kasparian in a sympathetic light. It portrays boys play fighting as a toxic behavior analogous to sexual harassment. It insinuates there's something wrong with asking a woman to smile. And it portrays a man approaching a woman in a totally non-aggressive way as a toxic behavior, when studies show that women prefer to be approached by men rather than vice versa (in other words, the feminist values being pushed in this segment of the ad run contrary to how women themselves prefer to be courted).

Basically it's just another example of feminist social engineering that's not good for anyone. Let's take men out of the equation for a minute. Assume that every man on earth suddenly adopts the values being pushed by this ad. The end result will be loads of women being single for life because they'd never be approached by men and women consider having a approach a man first a huge turnoff.

The only people who benefit from these kinds of values are asexuals, essentially: really butch women who just want more power and don't care if the dating market is ruined, and beta men who never had a shot to begin with who will never get #MeToo'd because they're afraid to talk to women in the first place. Essentially this type of thing is only good for people who contribute to Western civilization dying off.

Only people who care are boomer tier conservative click bait or PUA sites that claim drinking beer with your shotgun while LARPing on Jow Forums makes you a hardcore man while changing nothing at the end of the day.

>implying corporates give two shits about social issues

dude what kind of retarded faggot goes like "bullying and rape bad" in a razor ad, that's like common sense now, what's the point of this ad? i'm not gonna buy your shit because you think rape is bad, how about you advertise your fucking product instead

yeah i agree idk why people are mad, staring a women and chasing them down or trying to flirt every 5 seconds is just annoying and kinda creepy

What I always like about the people who are "boycotting" because they didn't like their political stance on something is when they post videos of themselves destroying the thing that they already paid for. That sure will show the company

It was a pretty dumb ad, but it's not as terrible as people are saying. My biggest problem with it is the fact that they're trying to use social or moral issues to sell products. It always bothers me when corporations try to act sympathetic in order to sell to people, and it bothers me more that people actually fall for it.

Its pushing Me too propaganda. If you are beta male that finds nothing wrong in living in society where you are submissive to your mistress while she fucks with niggers, then bullying left affects on you by taking your self-esteem

the problem is the word "masculinity" is not needed, and its an assumption that men don't already know what bad behavior is.
its insulting, and a company shouldnt lecture its customers.

Only people who care are people that actually care about the future of others, this shit of course will not hurt men, but boys;
for young boys growing up this shit is just another attack to their male essence, another attempt at demasculizing, because female is easier to control and tame, and if you make males as tame as females you get perfect slaves.

This is what most people just won't understand and will just brush off horrendous shit like this as nothing

OP you seriously think that you are faggot and deserved to be bullied, either that or show tits roastie.

Attached: 1411190812193.jpg (668x982, 233K)

That is why I use no brand name double edge safety razors. I don't give a fuck if the company is pro-black trannies on every executive position or full on Jow Forums, I just want to shave

this right here

So by being "alpha male" you have no right to disagree or have self-respect?

thats how ads have been made for decades now. nobody talks about the product anymore.

they sell a feeling.

its brand is hq when shown as a progressive.

apple sells a feeling not phones

I just borrow my dad's disposable bic razors. They're not great, but they get the job done. I only have to shave once or twice a week anyways. I got a gillete razor in the mail when I turned 18 along with some stupid advertisements about how using gillete makes you a real man, and I used to shave my legs with it. It was actually really good, and the one cartridge lasted me two or three months. I haven't gotten around to buying new cartridges.

Apple is for retards and it illustrates your point well

Didn't think of that at all and yeah you're right. I'm 19 and I'm basicallly done with my childhood so of course this will have no affect on me, but future generations will be fucked

The commercial is literally dumb.

According to the ad, "toxic masculinity" is just guys doing regular guy shit but turned up 1000x. Show me a company in today's society that allows tapping on the ass of women or physical fighting? Letting boys scuffle has been a way of life since fucking cavemen times. That "smile sweety!" part? Nobody fucking does that shit. That part was literally just to trigger so-called modern feminists so they could continue to believe: See!?! It DOES happen!

It's nothing more than Gillette trying to get women to buy their products to temporarily spike sales, then they'll go back to normal. Fucking dumb.

Attached: 327493965.jpg (207x324, 7K)

Bic razors are worthless though. They feel rough and don't shave well enough

It's not just that, there's a huge cash flow going towards big brands and making them commit PR suicides.

All big social media, all big brands, when they are forced to by "an upper hand" or a big chunk of money they will follow the instructions like the dogs they are.

If 18 billions went to various european buisnesses NGOs to make them BLACKED, how much do you think goes to larger brands to make you "progressive"?

this
what the fuck is this bullshit about

>you're evil because you are male
basically this on a gillette commercial

fuckin this.

verbal bullying = wit
pyhsical bullying = dominance

everybody grow the fuck up already

Those boys need to have Astolfo give them a feminine penis up the bum bum and feel an eternity of orgasms through that sensual prostate massage. Much better than sticking a razor up your rectum and feeling the eternal anal cold snap of loneliness.

What part of the commercial was exaggerated. Aren't you yourself just overreacting?

I only have to shave a bit of fuzz off my face a couple times a week at the most. I'll start buying my own razors when I move out, but as for now borrowing my dad's razors is easier. I can't shave my legs at all with bic razors unless I want to cut myself ten times and still end up spending half an hour for a mediocre shave, so I guess I'll have to stop being such a faggot. It's not like anyone's going to see my legs anyways.
This. I think my least favorite part was the scene where a girl walks past two dudes standing on the street, and then dude a stops dude b from walking towards her and says "not cool". How did he know the other guy's intentions immediately? Is it wrong to even talk to women without their consent, or was that guy planning to rape her in broad daylight, and his friend just magically figured it out and stopped him?

I don't give a fuck about this particular subject, as I don't live in your shithole, but if you let yourself be bullied, you can't call others beta witha straight face. Sorry, man.

im op and this is the counter point that makes the most sense.

associating human evils with "masculinity" is bad. they wouldn't really associate some evil like gold digging as femininity.

also, i feel like this is a manufactured controversy. like 99% of men on this thread on this "women hating incel" forum say they dont really see a problem with the ad.

what do you guys thing?

women are trash
>i never said ALL women. if this statement affects you then ask yourself if you are the problem. answer is yes.

astolfo is the shittiest faggot character ever

I just wish faggots like yourself would get over the fact I'm just not going to buy a conglomerates products anymore. There advert is specifically advertising their product to someone who isn't me. So I don't want to buy it anymore. Toxic masculinity is just normal masculinity. If you want to be a beta cuck male then thats your business, i'll be the one fucking your wife while you beat off in the corner, if I even allow you in the room.

Corporate SJW shit is its own kind of distasteful. It's one thing being wrong politically, it's another making the decision to take a stand because it's the most effective advert or for good PR. It's all the irritation of SJW shit with an inherent layer of hypocrisy.

and ooga booga = language
leaves = clothes
hut = house

yeah who hasn't grown up again

The parts about standing up to and stopping bullying were fine. Even the bits on harassment were okay. That, the the commercial as a whole are dragged down by it basically making it a "men-only" problem, ignoring that women can be vicious to both men and especially other women.

> i'll be the one fucking your wife while you beat off in the corner, if I even allow you in the room.

lmao he says this sitting on r9k on a friday night.

you're the kind of fake alphas i mentioned in my post

>The end result will be loads of women being single for life because they'd never be approached by men and women consider having a approach a man first a huge turnoff.

Wrong. Women actually approach men very frequently. They just approach Chad, not normal men.

tell me how I'm overreacting, go ahead bud

Mate, you do realise that not everywhere operates on Burgermutt hours don't you? Its not friday night everywhere in the world. And not everyone who goes on this board does so out of a pathetic desire to moan about their shitty lives. Its actually an entertaining board sometimes.

However back on topic. Toxic masculinity is just traditional, normal masculinity. If you consider it a bad thing then you are essentially endorsing the feminisation of males at a social level. Bullying is part and parcel of life, as is leering at attractive women or getting into fights as a young child/teenager. Its all essential in becoming a well rounded man.

>be Gillette
>make all of our money from manly men's shaving ads
>all of a sudden 2019 happens
>release ad that explains doing regular masculine shit is bad
>give it a label: "toxic masculinity"
>feminists and married cucks love it
>easy way to gt women to buy a product clearly meant for men because it will make feel like they're advocating for some cause that doesn't even exist

That is false, sir. No no that will not do.

I'm asking you a simple question. Why are you getting so triggered there my masculine man?

my god, america was a mistake

There's nothing wrong with the ad. Their products aren't good though.

I also agree with their message, we shouldn't tolerate gross behavior from people. But at the same time, I'm not gonna take life advice from some corporate advertisement.

Jow Forums please leave. Nobody think highly of you and you will never end up saving anything you LARPing mutts.

I'm not triggered. Annoyed? A bit, because when you break it down to the core, the ad is essentially telling men not to be masculine. Should we be feminine then? Humans are hardly above animals in the primal sense. They might as well tell bears not to hunt for food.

You guys ever watch christian movies to enjoy how they do the same posturing bullshit but to blacks and jews and arabs

The problem is they make it sound like the behavior is strictly a male thing, thus implying females can do no wrong. It creates an "us versus them" mentality.

>he bellowed, as he raised his Gay Pride coffee thermos to take another sip of mocha

that is where i'd disagree.
if you think bullying is normal, you're part of the problem.

there is literally no solution to bullying. like the first ladies for decades have said they want to solve the problem of bullying and haven't solved shit; just to make sense of the problem level.

burning "witches" used to be a norm and we got rid of it because it is irrational. similarly, bullying is a problem that could be solved by raising awareness. no one deserves to be mistreated.

they're a men's product, why should they be talking about what women do?

bitch

originality

Maybe men would like it

Only black people ever harass women on public transport though and the ad was all white guys, I don't think that's fair.

It's just telling you not to beat up on little shotas especially with your gangbang group. I'd say that's fair.

Financially this has already backfired for them. There is talk about the marketing firm who designed the campaign being sued through the ass. There is no way to virtue signal by buying shaving products because no one sees them anyway. Its not like buying Nike products which are now associated with black lives matter, you can virtue signal because you're have the nike logos all over the products you wear. Its not the same with razors and shaving gel. All they've done is alienate their core customer base which will know about this now because of all the coverage its gotten in the media lately. Wilkson Sword, Dollar Shave Club etc are all rubbing their hands gleefully because the market leader has fucked up majorly.

They do women's products too. Besides, you really don't see the problem attacking men in an ad specifically targeted towards men?

By far your strongest claim judging by its responses, so I'll address it first.
It's irrelevant whether we're beta or alpha. Betas make up the majority of the male population and have been able to live happy and healthy lives for millennia despite "toxic masculinity," existing.
You act as if being of lesser social status than the 90th percentile means men aren't men. That's a far more stringent standard than whatever toxic masculinity established.

>I don't see anything wrong with the Gillette ad.
Well, a huge population of people do, including normalfags. That's how much this ad pissed people off.
Many, including myself, have also expressed their grievances with it far better than you've expressed yours grievances against our identity.
Have a look.
youtube.com/watch?v=llFNeGr6RWY
youtube.com/watch?v=zPYotczyopU

>I was bullied in school
The legitimacy of that claim depends if this bullying was really bullying and a result of the embrace of masculinity.

>and i have seen men harassing women, both of which are bad.
You sound like a cuck, so I don't believe your idea of what's considered harassment should be taken seriously.
However, true harassment is not a masculine thing to do. It's an act of cowardice. True men treat women with respect.

>Toxic masculinity is a thing that needs to go away.
Toxic masculinity is the heart of human civilization, as is femininity. The blurring of lines between genders is a nation's bane.

>it's probably reaching its death, that's why it is fighting.
As long as some of us don't buy into your sissytrap cornholing propaganda, toxic masculinity will never die. You can't stop us all.

Attached: 1529056014438.jpg (600x900, 341K)

If bullying is as endemic as people like you like to make it out to be then it is normal because it is widespread and everyone has an experience of it. Having your feelings hurt, getting into a fight, dealing with group peer pressure etc etc is all part of growing up as a human. The more you cushion kids from this and coddle them, the more fucked up they end up.

Burning witches was never normal. Thats a retarded comparison. People who were into burning witches had to flee Europe to settle in the arsehole of the Americas in order to practice their shit.

>REEEEEEE Jow Forums boogey man REEEEEEEE

Can you be anymore of an obvious Jow Forums boomer? At least have the balls to admit as much oh so brave savior of the white race.

Anti-bullying proponents are advocating the erasure of freedom of association. Bullying is a kin of ostracizing, which is defining the borders between social groups by malevolent behavior towards those outside and benevolent behavior towards those within. It is through these methods that a social group makes strong borders, makes a declaration of who's "in" and who's "out." Naturally, there are some who fall out of all groups. The anti-bullying advocate wants to see this child restored to socialization and therefore makes an enemy of the process of bullying. When all children are forced to associate positively with all other children, they will have accomplished their goal, but all children will then be isolated.

Then why are you claiming that toxic masculinity "is a thing"? Even if the concept of toxic masculinity were legitimate, you're not going to convince fence sitters by describing an essential facet that 50% of the population is born with as "toxic".
It's like telling blacks that they need to stop their toxic niggerdom and expecting any self respecting negro to actually listen to you.
Until then, you and your ilk will be told to fuck off purely for your use of that word.

>And that's all you're going to get in this thread. Because any man content and secure in his masculinity wouldn't give two fucks about this conversation.
What if they're secure in their masculinity but they want other men who aren't or are at an impressionable phase in their life not to be swayed by predators?

>What part of the commercial was exaggerated.
Every part of it that had some basis in reality.

Attached: 1529057303985.jpg (1000x667, 441K)

i am clearly not saying betas aren't men.
im saying they aren't intellectually honest.
you are compensating your not being alpha nature by going around commenting on forums that it affects them men.

heres how it is:

problem: being beta nerd and getting affected by toxic masculinity.
hard solution 1: fight against it and solve the problem once for all.

easy solution 2: pretend you're a manly man that isn't affected by it and make up mental gymnastics as to how bullying actually helps you!

>Jow Forums please leave. Nobody think highly of you and you will never end up saving anything you LARPing mutts.
Prove it, faggot. You can't.

Attached: 1541632372350.png (321x331, 80K)

Being forced to go to use government indoctrination camps with niggers is anything but a net benefit you bombastic pseudo-intellectual utilitarian fuck.

Bullying builds character and stops kids from growing into freaks. You should ring up your old bullies and thank them.

I'll rape your ass and cum in it irl and make you thank me with a smile

>i am clearly not saying betas aren't men.
>im saying they aren't intellectually honest.
This is your direct quote.
The implication, regardless of your use of quotes is that they are not men. You might say that you're just referring to the toxic definition of what is a man. By that definition, they are still men. No one is claiming otherwise but yourself. You've created a fictional opponent.

>you are compensating your not being alpha nature by going around commenting on forums that it affects them men.
We genuinely believe that this is affecting other males, especially impressionable youths. We genuinely care about other men. This has nothing to do with our own self image and everything to do with what we want our sons, fathers and brothers to be in the future.

>heres how it is:
>problem: being beta nerd and getting affected by toxic masculinity.
Bullying isn't due to toxic masculinity. Bullying might be perpetrated disproportionately by males, but it is not masculine. It's cowardice. You will be better off if you acknowledge that.

>hard solution 1: fight against it and solve the problem once for all.
Bullying isn't something that can be solved once and for all. It's endemic to human nature. You'll never escape it regardless of what age you are. The hard solution, yet the solution that most people choose is to adapt to bullying and maybe even dissuade a few bullies in your life time.

>easy solution 2: pretend you're a manly man that isn't affected by it and make up mental gymnastics as to how bullying actually helps you!
Obviously bullying doesn't help you. Your reaction to bullying is what helps you. Male or female, when you stand up for yourself it's incredibly empowering, and you might even make friends in doing so, possibly even with those that may have ordinarily been your enemies.

Attached: 1529057436552.jpg (980x552, 198K)

I don't recall supporting public schooling. Someone get this hothead out of here!

Attached: 1391156949783.jpg (2400x1350, 1.18M)

>Bullying might be perpetrated disproportionately by males, but it is not masculine.

Side note, pretty sure this is only true if your main/only criteria for "bullying" is direct or physical confrontation. Women probably bully more than men when you take social sabotage into account.

If I knew who you were and you lived in my locality id greet you with a sucker punch so you think twice about the possitive outcomes of bullying

I pay for razors, not opinions.

Reminder that bullies SWIM in pussy because nothing turns women on more than men who violently beat up and hurt other weaker men.

Womens love of bullies is so great they'll betray their own male family members to suck their bullies cock.

This is the single most retarded part of women crying about "toxic masculinity" because those are also the exact kind of men women love to fuck.

Attached: 1531101039241.png (637x873, 537K)

gb2 reddit and kill yourself afterwards, incel.

>Side note, pretty sure this is only true if your main/only criteria for "bullying" is direct or physical confrontation.
In this case I am. I agree with you but I'm being charitable to OP.

Attached: 1529058261043.jpg (520x620, 54K)

stop replying to psyop posts

Attached: anguish.png (322x326, 120K)

Uhm, no, sweetie.
I think I'll stay here because it triggers you.

Attached: 2468731 - Bobby_Luv Chris_Griffin Family_Guy Meg_Griffin.jpg (1668x2087, 739K)

"Hi, we're a soulless corporation that exploits child labour in underdeveloped nations but men are the problem with society"

statista.com/statistics/187478/death-rate-from-suicide-in-the-us-by-gender-since-1950/#0

Male suicide rate in the 50's, that infamously evil, regressive, conservative period: 21.2
Female rate: 5.6
Male suicide rate in 2016, in the progressive age where our brave feminists are fighting the patriarchy and "toxic masculinity", which supposedly helps men too: 21.4
Female rate:6

Another fun fact:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence_against_men
>From 2010 to 2012, scholars of domestic violence from the U.S., Canada and the U.K. assembled The Partner Abuse State of Knowledge, a research database covering 1700 peer-reviewed studies, the largest of its kind. Among its findings:[63]
>Rates of female-perpetrated violence are higher than male-perpetrated (28.3% vs. 21.6%).
Where are the feminists calling out toxic femininity? For decades they fought masculinity and it has only caused both men and women to be historically unhappy

What gets me about the add is that it alienates its target demographic by making a political stance. Gillette is a shaving brand for men. That is all it needed to be. This add shows that Gillette is joining the ((Left)) and trying to reconstruct masculinity. Gillette thinks that what men used to be is bad. Boys will be boys is their way of saying toxic masculinity. This view does not line up at all with the demographic who buys the product. Now, this might just be a conspiracy theory, but who are the men in the add that are doing the bad thing? White men. Who is allowing this traditional view of men to continue? White men. Who are the people reconstructing what being a man means? Minorities. To me, this is another step of the west attacking white men.

When I go and buy shit I do not want to think what political ideology my money is funding. All I want to do when I buy shit is to buy shit.

Who even gives a fuck about the ad? How much of a soft snowflake do you have to be to give a single shit about what a massive corporation is doing to sell cheap plastic garbage. By posting this you're proving the ad campaign worked

Dude then don't think about it. Just buy what you need, why do you give a fuck about what a company does as long as their product works

all this bullshit is exactly what they wanted when they created that ad, attention. good or bad attention doesn't matter, people are still going to buy their shit. it's all just brand awareness. i dont know how people still fall for this fucking bullshit.

Because now that I know I can't unknow it. Because of this add and the shit storm, it brought up, every time I see Gullette I know where my money is going.

You live a very sad life if you can't go anywhere without seeing it brought up. You really need to get off the internet because 99% of regular human beings don't give a shit and don't even think about it. You're manufacturing your own outrage and supporting your outrage by sitting in an echo chamber. Do you not realize that?

The only place I see this brought up is on the internet. What I mean is that when I go shopping for razers I will think about this add when looking at the Gillette products. Because I have no other point of reference on the other brands I will buy them instead. I disagree with your exaggeration. Both sides care about this add. The left is mocking the right because of how they are reacting. The right is outraged. This add is just more fuel for all the internet hate machines.

This is why you don't base your political opinions and most of your social life off of shit you read on the internet.

I haven't seen it because I'm not part of the swarm, but it sounds like rather than leading by positive examples, they scorned negative examples.

The former will sell your product ("This product is for real men like these guys, and maybe like you?") while the latter will leave a sour taste in people's mouths ("Don't be a piece of shit. Buy our razor to not be a piece of shit.")

It's not the message. It's the delivery.

goys will be goys

bait thread but the ad really seems more like a criticism of assholes more than men

eh, it was pretty respectful. still dont like this shit because I will never know if they dont fucking care and just did it for profit and media coverage so Im just gonna assume the answers yes