Military/ Police/ Firefighter calisthenics workout

Bros of Jow Forums what exercises would you recommend to an aspiring firefighter/ police officer. I need stuff to supplement the workouts at the gym and that can be done, ideally, at home. Thanks bros!

Attached: Some like it hot.jpg (224x225, 17K)

for firefighter i'd look at their entrance physical exam and work on that. a guy at my gym trained for them specifically, stuff like weighted stair climbing, dragging dummies (he used a sled though), and farmers walks. not sure about police academy exam, it probably mirrors the military. if nothing else look up the minimum to pass and work toward exceeding those numbers

>channel surfing 3x10
>tyfys baiting 4x8
>reach arounds 10xf

Wildland firefighter here
I did Stronglifts 3 days and ran 3 miles/biked 10/hiked 7 (respectively) for 3 days a week to prepare for this season.

one of my co workers became a firefighter and hes skinny fat weak manlet, im not sure what kind of physical test they do but i highly doubt he could carry a full grown adult out of a burning house

I’m interested in firefighting. I’m planning to start as just a basic city, but depending on circumstances I might move to another state, one with actual forests. Would you recommend wildland firefighting over normal? Sounds badass and I like outdoors/nature

this

idk where you are planning on working, but in the academy you will do 10000000 bodyweight exercises. pushups, flutter kicks, bear crawls- my experience at least. you dont need to be super fit. in my experience, you will never be solo carrying anyone out. you’ll be tripping over other firemen looking for a way to be useful. good luck

OP here. What would say is more important in terms of overall job execution: Strength or endurance/cardio?

You work 6 months at a time, gruelling schedule, mentally exhausting, pay is not as good as structural and can ruin your body.
However
You can NEET for 6 months during winter if you like, you get to hike, and you can eventually get a decently paying permanent job with several years' experience. I'm fighting fire until I can go into piloting and am using my FS money to pay for that.
Structural firefighters make a bunch more, wildland just get beaucoup overtime. I'd recommend it if you're a fast hiker and can work 16 16 hour days in a row, and if you don't like it you can switch out.

PS
It is pretty much too late to start this season, but you can try to rack up 6 months of experience (conservation corps if you are starting from no experience like I did) and apply EARLY next year. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

I'd go ems if I were you. Better pay where I live, better medical experience which leads to more opportunities on the field, and generally cooler people imo. Fire tends to just show up on scene and take up space while failing to be useful unless there's a bariatric, though there's an occasional firemedic that has there shit on-point.

What kinda training do i need to be an ems? I'm assuming you mean a paramedic

That half year off sounds nice but I would honestly want to die after a while, when I’m out of neet I’m out for good. Thanks for posts man, I’m gonna go structural when I get to that point. Still working on EMT certs as for now

Emt-b is a single semester at technical or community college, medics require emt-b plus an additional 16~ months of schooling. It's easy as hell to get into. A lot of fire agencies require emt-b nowadays so there is carryover between the two professions.

Good on ya. Glad I could help.

I’m about to start acedemy. I’m doing it at my community college but I think they’re all similar. It’s one semester (3 months) but is full of quizzes and exams. Needs a B or higher to pass. But that’s it, you pass and you work with an ems company. I’ve heard a lot of negatives about the job. Pay is only like $33k but has a ton of overtime which could be a bad thing I suppose. Apparently you Lee generally stuck working longer than your scheduled 12 hour shifts. I’m only doing it for 6 months to a year to get experience, then I’m either going army and risking my life and body for the jew or back to school for paramedics and then fire after that qualification is done. I think despite the negative shit I’ve heard that it can be a fun job. I mainly worry about gains and finding time to exercise since it’s supposedly a very sleep raping job

This, EMS is fun and legit rewarding in terms of the stuff you do. I always have the best stories when I’m at the bar with my bros. Staying fit is hard as shit, however. Where I work we do 24/48 and sometimes you just get absolutely beat in those 24 and you spend the first day off asleep; I found Greyskull LP was pretty manageable with such a fucked up schedule/circadian rhythm.

Attached: 760BAFC7-7F3C-4106-8624-647B08C57556.jpg (998x1024, 77K)

Damn this is what I worry about. I might actually get on test when I start the job

Interesting. I guess I'll check that out if firefighting doen't scratch my balls

I’d be careful with that. Idk much about running cycles but it’s best to try and be in a level state of mind at work. Lots of people out there just waiting for EMS to fuck up so they can rake in lawsuitbux. Responding to your 5th obese nigress of the day complaining of leg pain can really wear on your nerves, I’d hate to see user in the news fired for calling her the N-word :^/

500 pushups a day
500 pullups
1000 situps
1000 squats
Jog miles everyday

I am a volunteer firefighter, fire will always be funner and cooler than EMS. My dept. runs both

Goin to the police academy this summer, any advice?

That's also what I'm thinking. Where i live firefighters are also responsible for traffic acident recues and underwater corpse retrievals and shit. I guess they do a little bit of everything

Those are weightlifting models not actual firemen you brainlet retard.

I don't think anyone thought they were anything more than models
You might be the retard desu

Full time FF here.
AMA

Urban FF in Aus btw which I'm guessing is the equivalent of a structural FF in the US

1x100 resume hand outs

im a busness owner why should I care?

Same boat wanting to join military and police. Just need to get your cardio up way higher to hit closer to a 9 minute 1.5 mile run and just do some full body workouts but cardio is the most important, unless you plan on doing special forces where you need to heavily focus more on anaerobic exercise

Because if you don't maintain your fire safety systems and your business (assuming you have staff that work from a building that's in your name) has a fatal fire.
Guess who is fucked? (You)

Former active army retard and current FF/EMT and Natty guardsman.
I do a two mile run at 10.5-11.5mph before every workout, then stretch and move onto my actual workout. Usually do calf presses, squats and stairclimber/incline machine for leg days.
For upper body days I start doing a lot of sit ups, planks/side planks, mountain climbers, and leg lifts for abs/core. After that I do OHP, dips, bar bell presses, cross body hammer curls, preacher curls, shoulder shrugs, and pull ups (alternating between wide arm and close arm).

Tbh this shit is horrible because I literally do all of these things at the highest weight I can muster for as long as I can.

Wrong, I run with an EMS agency in a major US city (you can guess what that is if you want). It’s incredibly fun the number of different things you can experience running calls within city limits.