Have any of you successfully became emotionally numb, or at least severely dulled your emotions? If so, how'd you do it?

Have any of you successfully became emotionally numb, or at least severely dulled your emotions? If so, how'd you do it?

Attached: 1541722179785.jpg (4400x2520, 1.39M)

Severe clinical depression already did it for me

Feel empty, drink, breakdown, feel nothing, repeat till the breakdowns just stop or feel like nothing themselves

Everyday? I am a student right now. Is it possible to do both?

mother died when i was a child and no one helped me. I became emotionally numb as a defense mechanism. Diffusing this as an adult has been...difficult.

It does not take drugs, alcohol, or anything like that. You just have to accept yourself. Even if you find a girl or friends or whatever you look for, you need to know that they will just disappoint you in the end. Stick to who you are and what you have. Family, your hobbies, etc. Beyond that, there is nothing. I go to work, come home and eat, play some games, watch anime, etc., and go to sleep. I may go on a walk some nights or on the weekend but my only other actions are at stores before I come home. I may put on the face of a failed normie with a boring life, but I am dead inside.

And even last year I would cry about my lack of friends, love and all the terrible stuff I have had to endure in my 32 years.

Attached: 916CCD5B-DA0E-4850-A220-B4B9E5E4B582.gif (220x124, 218K)

In that case I dont think fucking up school because of drinking is worth risking. We have different circumstances so it might not work too well either. Good luck anyway

Reach the lowest possible low you can imagine. Become a primitive beast desperate for even the weakest moment of pleasure. Then cast that desire aside and become focused on your success and your success alone. Only once you leave humanity behind can you learn to conquer it.

I like that last sentence

Unironically kinda this

Will dealing with my anxiety help me achieve this?

Also anyone recommend any literature?

What is anxiety? To you there should only be two things. Where you are now and where you want to be.

It's never a choice it's usually caused by the brain as a coping mechanism for extreme mental anguish think about physical pain, the same thing has to happen, or you also have people like true psychopaths who are born without mental "pain receptors"

>Reach the lowest possible low you can imagine.
What do you mean by this?

For me it would mean stealing a bunch of my family's prized belongings, selling it all, selling maybe some kid photos to pedos, going to some shitty slums, buying all the heroin I can afford, going to some crackhouse, selling my ass to homo hobos and passing out on the streets, completely high with a new addiction to heroin and a new way of making money for that addiction but no home and no family. That's what the lowest low sounds like to me but if I need to do that your advice isn't very practical.

If we can think of the brain as simply a biological computer processing data. Then it is designed to be adaptive, self-optimizing. One of the ways it can does this is by reducing the gain or "muting" certain input signals that can be constantly present that otherwise wouldn't be as a way of reducing stress and allowing information to still be processed even though the negative stimuli is still present. This is essentially what "numbing is in both a physical and emotional sense" If someone wakes up every morning and is in constant pain. Their brain has to become numb so that they can go on because otherwise how would they function. Some physical and emotional ailments both can/will never be cured and can only be numbed. You should never seek to be numb because like I said the only way to cause true numbness would be to first administer the stimuli which would have to be sufficiently "painful" enough and for a prolonged period of time.

Are we talking about emotion or physical needs? You may be asking the wrong questions.

I talk about both in that post, they're pretty intertwined, otherwise disabled people wouldn't be 4 times more likely to attempt suicide.

Based on the way you're acting now I can tell that you cling onto your opinions of yourself too much.

Maybe, they're not exactly high fucking opinions. I just haven't hit my personal rock bottom, maybe someone else's but as I am I couldn't ever become "a primitive beast desperate for even the weakest moment of pleasure." without having fucked my life that thoroughly because I've already went through regular hell.

I'm sorry but I'm afraid you won't ever achieve what you desire.

this happened to me, but only because i have schizophrenia

Watched tons of videos on the internet of people being brutally tortured, murdered and chopped up into pieces.