8/10 easy in mirror

>8/10 easy in mirror
>6/10 in photo
Can anyone explain this? Even when I take a photo of the mirror, I look like shit.

Attached: 1547835707725m.jpg (768x1024, 156K)

Natural light vs flash

idk maybe if part of your attractiveness is size related, then the photo obscures the size. That's usually the reason girls look better in person, anyway.

>8/10
Robots have really warped perceptions of themselves.

It happens to me too. Lenses can make your head and face look different because of slight distortion. It's why there are people who are more photogenic and others less so.

I am short. Not ugly. Being a robot stems from different things.

8/10 is movie star level of attractive.

5/10 is the average joe you see on the street.

Do you honestly believe you're on Tom Cruise level of attractiveness?

Being short inherently makes you unattractive. Any attractive features you might have are completely overlooked because your manlet status completely destroys it all.

>systemic and demographic intersections reveal the gender
>they don't know we wield their tools against them now

This is due to how people percieve themselves. Same reason you dont always focus on the nose being infront of your vision or breathing or the ringing in your ears. The mind has adjusted to how your reflection works but the camera shows the truth

10/10 is movie star. My face is an 8. At least in the mirror.

Thanks man. Hope you have a good day.

your brain does some real time photoshop processing when it sees itself in the mirror

sauce on that ass OP?

why are you thanking that asshole?

That makes no sense. I would be seeing the same thing in the photo, and my mind would do the same meme.

shitty camera

your brain has learned to adapt to your appearance in the mirror. Its learned to ignore your negative facial characteristics and notice your positive ones since youve spent much more time in life looking in the mirror than at photos of yourself.

when you look at a photo, your face is reversed as opposed to when you look in the mirror. This throws out your mental "training" to appreciate your own face. its natural

I hope he has a good day. I don't fault him for his words. Why should I?

umm...because hes a huge asshole??

One thing is that, if you have a "good" side, it switches in photographs, so it causes your brain to see you more the way another person would see you (assuming you're more familiar with looking in a mirror). Those focal lengths also do matter and cameras do handle lighting differently.

I am a female, I can rate your face if you want to.

> I'm from sa and post on Jow Forumssrd and enjoy men's dicks and am a leftist lunatic so I'm basically an honorary girl for these purposes

OP here. I do not want to be doxxed!

>getting this upset over some random user's words
dudes obviously trolling too

Attached: 1516814103702.jpg (960x758, 146K)

I have a vagina, so I can rate you objectively. I don't think I've seen many posters who are able to rate themselves accurately, more often than not they think they are more attractive than they actually are.

well in any case you didn't deserve to be talked to like that user

Differences between reality in expectations. Your face is slightly asymmetrical and you're used to it in your reflection. A photo presents a different view of your face that you arent accustomed to.

Do you measure how much it dilates or something?

Most of the people in this thread are retards.
The mirror is closer to what you look like, but reversed, of course. You look better in the mirror because we use shit quality cameras, it's close to your face and it's a flat image. All these things distort your face and make it look worse.
Nose jobs are shooting through the roof because morons want their terrible selfies to look better. They don't realize that the camera can distort your face so much that it makes your nose look up to 30% larger than it is.
If you take a video of yourself, you'll at least look somewhat better because you can at least see some movement.

I would dispute that the brain processes a mirror as a flat image.

Your face is asymmetrical. You don't notice it because you're used to it. Try using two mirrors to look at a double-reflection of yourself. You will look equally ugly as you do in a camera.

Conversely, take a picture of yourself, and then mirror it afterwards. You will look as you remember yourself in the mirror.

I trim horse hooves. After dealing with the same horse for a certain amount of time, I stop noticing all of the asymmetrical parts of the hoof. Every now and then I need to look at the hooves upside down, so I can once again notice the asymmetry.

Why do you need to notice the asymmetry of the horse's hooves?

(Originally)

>Why do you need to notice the asymmetry of the horse's hooves?
To keep them symmetrical. The horses need to stand evenly, and their hooves need to wear evenly. Some asymmetry can be indicative of illness or injury, too.

It's a small detail, really. Their hooves would probably be no worse if I didn't pick up on the asymmetry, but it doesn't take long to check for it. I'd hate to think that horses are suffering with uncomfortable hooves all because I was too much of a lazy cunt to do a proper job.

This is true, whenever there's videos of me I look better / just as I perceive myself in the mirror.