/fast/ - #442 - theres no turning back now editon

What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.
discord.gg/qqtQFDQ

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>[YouTube] Fasting vs. Eating Less: What's the Difference? youtube.com/watch?v=sUhYmNRHFiU

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. The mainstream definition of starvation mode is a myth. Read the FAQ linked below for more information.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No
this is the community discord: discord.gg/qqtQFDQ
its SFW

Prolonged fast FAQ: fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Attached: 1556591830563.jpg (726x901, 160K)

firts

19yo
5'9" 136lbs skeleton (still have some fat on stomach and legs)
psoriasis all over body and scalp
have a hypothesis that this is somehow tied to insulin resistance since I used to drink a lot of soda, eat a lot of bread and sugar in general
what's the best course of action here?
carnivore/keto and alternate day omad?

>Look at pic for instant hunger/appetite reduction

Attached: NK29_ezZgBM.jpg (1200x1600, 352K)

150 lbs +- 18-20% bf,
How low bf can i go w/ particular exercices ?
Can this belly disappear
cheers

Attached: nicetrynsa.jpg (1072x636, 97K)

>landlord is shutting off the water for 3 hours
>forgot to stock up on water bottles
Guess I'm doing a 3 hour dry fast guys, wish me luck.

Doing OMAD each evening this week. Doing good so far.

Objective of the week: Break the 79->78 barrier by friday morning.

Attached: weight.png (979x363, 36K)

Does vaping break the fast?

>firts

Yes and you should stop vaping over health concerns.

I don't need snake juice for something short like a 48 hour fast right?

No.

Down to 215 from 240, starting another fast off the coat-tails of a 48 hour one, I feel like im slowly making it.

Attached: chrischan10.png (400x300, 307K)

Diet has been used to tackle psoriasis, but it never seems to be a specific thing. I would try an elimination diet. Remove one thing from your diet - sodas a good starting point - give it a few weeks and see if it changes anything. If not move on to something else, gluten, carbs, sugar etc.

Nice progress, im down from 118kg to 113kg in 5 days and going to break at 110

>Be wanting a kid
>Fuq but no baby
>For ten months
>Start fasting
>Bam, 3d pregoo
>fast forward today
>Kid is nearly standing
>Been doing 48s and 72s fasting
>Bam, 3d reports that another one is on it's way

Does fasting make the sperm go faster?

Attached: IMG_1916.jpg (4032x3024, 1.75M)

Babies are a pain but rising a kid must be nice. Congrats user
And dunno, probably, I heard some anons getting more horny because of fasting

Just got diagnosed with De Quervain's Tenosynovitis
Basically can't make a fist now, thumb hurts too much

You guys think I should keep fasting? idk if the lack of water/food is making the inflammation worse

Attached: person-holding-hand-in-some-pain-may-have-de-quervains-tenosynovitis.jpg (1100x734, 40K)

Yeah, I get horny af while fasting. But still, only been porking the 3d once a month since our first one was born. So very pleased that nr 2 is on the way.

And that feel when lifting and baby is in her swing chair watching daddy lift is indescribable. Need to teach them about fitness and proper nutrition at an early age.

If anything the autophagy would make it better

Fasting & keto both seem to help against inflammation.

I'm at 56 hours and I feel like retching. This would be a good time for the vinegar and lemon right? I'm just paranoid about the calories from the lemon juice, it's small enough it won't break fast?

Or just take the acv. Don't worry about the calories m8.

Yesterday was the first day I had the willpower not to use OMAD as an excuse to massively over eat on my one meal. Feels good brahs

Attached: 0E65BE33-656A-4B47-B320-95ABB894E20B.jpg (320x229, 39K)

Thank

Yes. And just stop vaping. I did, you can too, I believe in you.

Do any of you cycle on/off keto while doing OMAD? Thinking of doing 3 days on, one day off. Thoughts?

Are you measuring yourself in fucking grams?

I've got too much weight to lose to really want to go off keto.

Ahhh, we are different. I’m maybe like 15% bf

Are you drinking snake juice?

Beginning that today, did I need to start sooner i.e. was this nausea preventable by starting snake juice earlier (what defines an extended fast)?

Intermittent Fasting is the biggest meme of all time. It's fucking shit.

>Gives you greater mental clarity
Absolute 100 percent bullshit, I feel like shit at work half the time and make stupid mistakes

>Helps elevate mood
100 percent bullshit. I'm grumpy angry the whole morning until I can finally get to eat

>Increased energy
Bullshit, feeling lethargic and annoyed often

>It gets easier the more you do it bro!!
THE BIGGEST MEME OF THEM ALL. I'm on Week 4 here and I'm fucking starving. All I want to do is eat.

And before you ask yes I'm getting all my calories for the day in my feeding window and I'm eating my bodyweight in protein. INTERMITTENT FASTING IS NOTHING BUT A FUCKING MEME

Guys Instagram is worried about you

Attached: Screenshot_20190515-152608.png (1080x2160, 110K)

okay then do omad
it's the bare minimum anyway to be considered fasting

No wonder people are fat

Every gram counts.

W-wholesome

Having worse insomnia on OMAD than I do while extended fasting. What the hell?

this made me lol. godspeed you autistic bastard

No, snake juice is stupid.

I was asking because it seems like most people who get sick are drinking snake juice. There's no reason fasting should make you feel sick.

In The Complete Guide to Fasting Jason Fung says to break your fast if you feel unwell.

Lift weights. There's no point in cutting to skelly mode.

Good job, user. Keep it up. What matters is that you're improving over time.

Whatever it takes, breh.

1000g of fat is about 7700 Calories (~0.130g/Cal) and my Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is about 1700 Calories/day.

This means that everyday fasting makes me lose about 221 of fat grams/day.

These little victories, every day, keeps me motivated. Right now I'm pretty fat. One day I hope getting to look like >Pic Related. I know, it doesn't look impressive but it sure as hell it's better than I am right now.

Attached: ikon-june-abs-and-underwera.jpg (800x600, 254K)

i am at 8mmo/l for the ketostix right now (measured in the morning day 3). Is that normal?

Will 5 days of eating at maintenance or below so I can train properly and 48 fasts on the weekends/rest days be a good protocol for keeping training consistent and also losing BF?

I dont do well with OMAD or IF but can extended fast.

Should be fine. It's your weekly deficit that will matter. Why not try it out for a couple weeks and see how you feel?

I'll need to read that.
I feel a lot better after gutting the acv (no nausea)
I can hold for another day

Hit the 20 pound mark in a little under a month
Longest fast was about 90 hours, and I frequently broke fast two or three times a week
5'7
193lbs to 172.8lbs this morning
Gonna keep going to 155 at least

Nice, dude. Keep it up. I've done three 48s in a row trying to acclimate myself to this whole new thing. 255 down from 267. Trying to do 2 months of OMEOD (one meal every other day? Is that a thing?) and see where I'm at then.

>week 4
Lol Ive been doing IF/omad for like seven years and I feel like garbage if i eat three meals a day.

since cole is pushing it again ill give omad another try but this time no keto (i enjoy eating but not fucking gluttony)
anybody got some reccomendations for what to eat tomorrow? im aiming for ~3.5k kcal

Sorry if dumb question, can't find good answers anywhere.
Can somebody with high blood pressure issues drink snake juice?

Do you still get hungry in the evenings?

I've been doing it about a week (still taking my meds) and my bp has improved. Weird shit. Just keep an eye on it.

Completed 16 h and don't feel hungry but I got some spare time. Should I keep going?

>16 h
You gotta pump that numbers up, brah. Those are rookie numbers. Go up to 24 hours.

Sounds pretty good, I prefer this system since I don't have to drink snake juice and I can still do decent exercise

>I'm eating my bodyweight in protein.

Attached: 20140923124534uid3519.jpg (600x1602, 246K)

How long did that take?

I was very inconsistent due to college, but even just doing it sporadically since march I got that result.

I'm so close but so far away
> 62kg, 31 inch waist
> looking to get to 29"
>waist is stuck for a while, but I'm actually looking leaner even if I try to force my belly out
> have loose skin but feeling good about myself

I can barely wait to stop cutting and starting a very slow, lean bulk sometime in the next couple weeks.

So does that mean that you are doubling your bodyweight day after day from protein alone?

Rate Fast Plan
300lb fatty here down from 400+

mon: workout, eat two cans of sardines for dinner
tue: workout
wed: rest
thur: workout, eat two cans of sardines for dinner
fri: workout
sat & sun: rest

Workouts are bro splits basically and I have some experience fasting my longest was 7 days. Every day I will eat some salt and some multivitamins here and there. With my body fat perctange I think I could do this for a while if my willpower holds.

>go to doctor for check up
>notices that i lost a lot of weight asks me how i did it
>tell him i was fasting
>tells me thats extremely unhealthy and i should stop immediately
>tell him i still want to lose a couple more pounds and be at 21 bmi
>tells me that is too underweight and 25 is the perfect bmi and ive developed an eating disorder and body dysphoria and i need to see a therapist

ahh yes the current state of american healthcare

>told your doctor you were fasting

tard

might as well tell your therapist you go to a forum filled with frog worshipping esoteric hitlerists who think that repeating digits will give them a gf

well idk i didnt think he would go full retard on me like that, worst part is that my vitals and blood pressure and literally everything drastically improved

So you lost 20lbs in 2.5 months?

Gluttony to the point of unhealtbilyt is ok, just turn a blind eye or maybe softly mention
Restraint to a healthy bmi by not consuming calories you don't need = unhealthy, eating disorder, bad, everyone flips the fuck out

If people keep thinking it's unhealthy even when results stare them in the face they're the retard. Being honest about what works is the only way that people might wake up to an alternative method.

>2days after ending a fast
>fasting taste still builds up in my mouth, but less aggressively
AHHH WHY

What did you eat to break your fast?

I would have walked out and told him to fuck himself

doctors are fucking retarded. sold their souls

Jokes on the (((doctors))) once we roll-up als Jow Forums af Überppl.

bone broth, strawberries next day, a sandwhich, omlette next day, an apple, meat and veggies

(checked)
How long did you fast for?

>might as well tell your therapist you go to a forum filled with frog worshipping esoteric hitlerists who think that repeating digits will give them a gf
fucking kek

Attached: 1509047586935.png (474x433, 163K)

Are you a woman?

7 days

yeah because thats how that works, retard

should I be in ketosis on omad? The stick showed trace amounts right beofre my meal.

Honestly blown away by how much energy I have on keto OMAD. I'm only eating like 1300 kcals at most and I am able to maintain my lifts. Don't feel weaker or like I'm going to die. I've lifted on extended fasts before and I was expecting it to feel more like that, but I feel awesome.

Attached: botan wholesome.jpg (540x400, 51K)

>g.f kisses me while I'm fasting for multiple days
>says it smells like nail polish remover
???

172 5'9" manlet here, water fasting with electrolytes powder so i can workout still and do my job without hating my life entirely, aiming for 2 days at the moment but might go more, just did first workout session and halfway through the day. Hoping to get down to 160 quick this way. Wish me luck bros

Attached: 1557713288181.jpg (320x320, 11K)

24 hours Mon/Tues. Ate 3 small/medium potatoes with butter. Trying for 48 hours now. At 19 hours currently.

Ketone breath:during ketosis you exhale acetone, the same compound that makes up the nail polish remover

Was he a member of the long-nosed tribe by any chance?

I used to have tendonitis in my arm and leg, i dryfasted 5 days, pain got bad on day 3, after day 5 it stopped, havent felt it since

Yeah, its like my brain convincing itself that OMAD is good enough

Depends, wouldnt that be carb loading?

are the sardines the only thing youre going to have on a refeed?

i fell off the train and gained back about 30lbs in a month in a half (soda and fried chicken) after i stopped lurking here

im here for my tongue lashing. back fasting again.

Attached: Screenshot_20190515-152751_Libra.jpg (1080x2220, 522K)

lol, to be expected

Well, atleast you came back

thanks bro i got it together now. gotta stay away from the liquid jew altogether

How do you end up gaining back 30 lbs in 45 days? I fell off hard during exam period and only gained 10 lbs. About the same length of time and a third of the gain.

im in the middle of a move (halfway through escrow) so stress was a bit of it

mostly i hit up winco for fried chicken 12 piece and a 2 liter of coke everyday and stopped weighing myself everyday

i feel really fucking dumb

Im on day 2 of my 30 day fast, 10 of the days are going to be strict dryfasting (going to try to do 12) while the rest are water fasted in a omad style (drink water once a day). starting today, ill do the prolonged dryfast. I would be enjoynig this fast only if TF2 WOULD FUCKING STOP CRASHING. Trying to get from 76kg to 62kg (that would be my estimated bf%) wish me luck boyos. Will be posting progress pics at the end

Attached: Murenase_Shiiton_Gakuen_1_Niceoppai_9ZCB7(1).jpg (530x530, 141K)

>30 pounds in a month and a half
Holy fucking shit
Back in college when I ate an entire 50 count box of generic golden oreos every few days I only gained 15 pounds a year for 4 years
What in the absolute fuck
Start drinking diet soda at the very least

>end a fast
>suddenly cravings hit me
>first two days it's salt
>third day it's lemons...
whats going on

Maybe electrolytes?