/fat/ glutinous gluteus edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For mentally ill binge eaters who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT. ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already, but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (needs waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic foods/micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be autistically accurate in your measurements
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g/lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it
>be a retard

Previous thread:

Attached: 1535878104518.jpg (4199x4189, 2.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ew7g7AqGqzo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No food today.
No food yesterday.
No food tomorrow.

Attached: 1356395976017.jpg (486x392, 50K)

CONFESS
also i typoed the name, nice

Attached: confess_the_smart_way.png (1024x1280, 88K)

youtu.be/ew7g7AqGqzo

Someone mentioned this documentary last thread and it was surprisingly good. Take a gander if you have the time. Ignore the one commie faggot though

I overate by 20 calories

Attached: 1557953185927.png (1081x827, 763K)

>cheat day became a cheat week

Attached: 1531415344243.png (633x758, 32K)

Stop right this second before it becomes a cheat month

Just start again in 2020.

Walk 10 minutes and burn it

Tell me /fat/

Why did you start losing weight? What was your motivation?

Attached: rin_tohsaka_cosplay_photoshoot_by__fanored_by_fanored_da63dd4-pre.jpg (849x941, 112K)

>cheat life

Attached: 1557102916376.jpg (400x419, 47K)

W-what're the side effects of a cheat week on continued weight loss?

If you've cheated at least twice with three months, you're ngmi unless you make some drastic changes

Your weight loss will take longer because you wasted/reversed days.
Short term you'll retain a ton of water.

If you get back on the wagon now, you delayed your progress by a few weeks give or take, depending on how hard you cheated

Tired of being fat. I was 320 at my heaviest. I'm at about 250 now. Down about 20 lbs in the last 30 days. I want to be as light as I can when it comes time to travel and see my family on 4th of July.

I think I can drop another 25 before my family sees me.

Attached: 1422456865626.png (492x500, 347K)

crippling anxiety

>been losing hair consistently during this last stretch of diet
It grows back, right bros?
Right?

Hate myself, dont want to be alone but cant approach anyone because of weight, just want someone to cuddle with and tell me I'm not worthless

Phew, that's not too terrible I suppose
Thank god for summer jobs

Unironically because of my waifu. Why would she ever want to be with a fat ugly retard like me?

Attached: Rin™ (103).jpg (1920x1200, 264K)

Are you eating enough protein?

Lol whatever keeps you going brah

Physically, the effects are negligible, you lost a few days of progress at most, that's nothing compared to the actual timeline you're on. Mentally, it can be devastating as you can fall into the trap of "I'll start my diet again tomorrow" and your cheat day turns into a cheat days into a cheat week into a cheat month into a cheat year into gaining 150% of the weight you lost.

Add 100 and that's me.
450 in feb
400 At end of april
389 right now.

I started point blank with 1200 cals a day. I'll never have to re-adjust right? 1200 cals a day will see me all the way through to like 200 lbs?

Anyone got the penis health infopic saved? It was like for magnesium and zinc or something?

>cheat year
I'd rather die tbqh, it's been a week and I'm already crippled with shame

>cheat century

Attached: 56c.jpg (1280x960, 238K)

It's the weekend and I really want to eat all the goyfood at the hotel breakfast table
I'm trying to figure out how to tell myself no.

Tfw just bought Zinc to make my fuck buddy choke on the triple amount of spunk she's not used to.

Severe spin injury, went from thicc to obese. Now I'm getting healthy to mitigate the pain. Also two members of my extended family died in the same week of heart attacks. Down 60 lbs in a year, almost have abs.

It's no big deal bro, but you need to get back on the wagon NOW, right now at this very moment, otherwise it's going to be tomorrow, and tomorrow, it's going to be the next day, and the next day, it's going to be that day after that, and so on...

Used to run cross country
Was enormous before then, but lost all the weight and actually competed quite well.
I looked in the mirror one day and old me was there. No idea how long I've been fat but it ends asap
I'm about 100 lbs over my lowest running weight.

What's the best resource for healthy meal ideas?

Yeah I'm at 280 and 1200 is fine.

Long story short
GF I loved very much (4 year relationship) left me and there was no one left to love. So I started loving myself.

Was 220, now am 180
My current goal is getting muscle

1200 will put you into the mid/low 100's bro. Your TDEE is still 2500+ all the way through 200 and down into the high hundreds

im 300 right now and im starting to lose weight, tell me user do you have loose skin? Im worried about having a lot of loose skin when i start to lose a lot of weight

Attached: 6365570-0-image-a-139_1542606037911.jpg (1908x1146, 204K)

With no adverse effects? Or any metabolism meme bullshit?

I'm afraid when it comes time to eat at maintenence I'll gain a bunch.

I was bored, weary with my life, annoyed that I'm a 25 year old virginal manchild and figured getting my body in order would be a good first step.

Lost 100 pounds and still bored and weary of life.

Attached: bored human boy child.png (982x765, 771K)

Not yet. I'm sure I'll have some when I'm near goal.

Posted this last time and got one response but curious if you think I should continue cut or start trying to put on mass at this point. Was 245 of fat down to about 177 now. Btw i am 5'11 - and I know chest is lacking I have completely destroyed my collarbone a few years back and a type two shoulder separation snowboarding more recently. It has definitely hindered progress but finally healing up.

Attached: IMG_2594.jpg (3024x4032, 1.68M)

Lost a lot of weight in college trying to make the cut for a fight. Liked the feeling but gained it all back in a few years due to stress and ill-discipline.
Saw a colleague trying to lose weight two months back, joined him and here I am.

>tfw cheat millennium

Attached: E1CC08E1-A130-4103-A4A5-0B687135B623.jpg (550x1024, 87K)

Time to leanbulk imo. You need more muscle mass at this point.

Before picture

Attached: Fat.jpg (3000x2368, 511K)

What would you say is a good start? A good 200-300 calories a day? Appreciate the reply my man, just being over weight in the past has kind of fucked with me mentally and has me always worried about gaining my fat back. Not a fun cycle to be stuck in

I don't like the word "metabolism", there's way too much misinformation and mom science associated with that word. But no, your BMR will not be affected from starting with a low calorie diet, you need as many calories as you need and your body isn't going to suddenly decide it can run a little more efficiently because you aren't eating at a surplus, your body runs reasonably efficiently at all times, not just when you're in a caloric deficit.

Attached: 1553312310760.png (1070x1683, 889K)

Not him, but I would go as slow as possible with the lean bulk, like a pound a month. I bulked much faster than that and regret all the work I had to remedy it.

>diagnosed with hypothyroidism a few years back, via Hashimotos
>Recently trying to lose fat/gain muscle, finding it difficult to lose fat even at a supposed deficit (1700-1800/day at 6'0, 205 lbs)

So, is 'muh thyroid' a meme, or should I actually take the levothyroxine? I don't want to make excuses, and blaming my thyroid feels like one, but I'm starting to think it may be having an effect

preddy gud breh

Attached: 1497007798935.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

You guys are awesome I appreciate it

In theory your TDEE will just be a bit lower than normal, but I don't know why you wouldn't at least try the medicine to see how it affects you and if it has any side effects

As long as you stick to your deficit and aren't miscounting calories, you WILL see results. It might be a bumpier graph with periods of apparent stalls, but stick with it.

also dyel

If your actually diagnosed you should take the meds. Unmedicated hypothyroidism doesn't prevent weight loss but means you'll need to drop your calories lower than most people. Are you losing any weight at 1700?

THIS GENERAL HAS A FUCKING PROBLEM WITH DELUSIONAL SKINNYFATS
>stop lying to yourself and the general about your weight
NO, YOU AREN'T 65 KG
>stop looking at bodyfat charts and deluding yourself
You are completely out of tune with your body, your eyes deceive you.
To estimate your body fat use the tape measure US Navy method for it's simplicity, or a caliper method.
YOU NEED REAL METRICS, NOT A PROJECTION OF YOUR DYSMORPHIA.

The following are additional metrics with real meaning.
>If your waist circumference is more than half your height, you are with 100% certainty FAT.
>If your Adjusted Fat Free Mass Index is less than 20 you, with 100% certainty have too little muscle.
>If your Body Shape Index is greater than 0.077, your density is too low. You need more muscle and/or less fat.
>If your waist circumference divided by your hip circumference is greater than 0.9 your are probably overweight. But if your BMI or Corpulence Index and your waist-height ratio are 'healthy' and waist-hip ratio is still 'overweight' then you need more muscle.

AND ONE FINAL THING
If you are coming to this general with ridiculous statements like
>bruh I'm 6'5, 50kg and 35% bodyfat. What do?
POST A FUCKING BODY PIC

I guess it's just been bumpier than I would like :(

I've been getting into it, 3 times a week. Everything I've seen says to mostly stay away from machines and do compound movements, so I've been sticking with deadlifts, squats, bench, power cleans.

I also started incorporating rows, pulldowns and ab roll outs in my warmup since I'm finding it hard to isolate those.

Body weight went down from 217 to 205 since early March, but my body fat has gone from 21.2 to 20.5 since mid April, which is slowwwww. Was hoping to reach 15% by September.

Sucks you've been dealt a mediocre hand, but it could be much worse. On the upside, once you do make it you can BTFO any dumbass fatty complaining about muh thyroid.

It fucking feels physically bad. It's like being stuck in something uncomfortable and you just want to sperg out and swing your arms around to get it off but you can't. Only choice is to diet and exercise until it goes away.

Attached: alex-jones-just-cant-help-himself-2-13534-1494209985-14_dblbig.jpg (625x415, 423K)

I'm fucking small. Like 5.7' and 143lb
But all my fat is at my belly, so I look kinda shit.

>be tourist
>Walk around Toronto for 6-7 hours today
>Great excersise
>Great pictures
>Kept to my fast
>Suddenly realize I've not seen anyone fatter than me all day
>Tfw the fattest guy in Toronto

Hard to say with such a specific diet

This

Call me retarded because I am but what's the difference between curl press and Arnold press? It's basically the same motions, Arnold just has a bit more energy in it.

Not if you keep to your cut, bud. Things to look forward to, don't spend time despairing at the past.

It's day 5 bros. Made it through the week.
270 to 262 already, though some of that's water weight I'm guessing.
Another 52 pounds to goal.
I'm eating at 35% TDEE for about 1000 cal a day. The week days are easy. But it's the weekends that worry me. How do I stay strong bros? How do I stick to my guns?

Self-restraint, discipline and vigilance gets so much easier with practice it's not even funny. Just gotta keep reminding yourself not to eat.
Don't even give a reason to yourself, just everything you find yourself in the kitchen, walk away.

I weigh in at the doctor's office next Friday! I have been counting calories since March and have gone from 330 to 303! Wish me luck guys! I really hope I'm below 300!

Attached: images.png (205x246, 6K)

Why is your goal still in obese territory and why are you eating only 1000 calories when your TDEE at that point will still be around 2500 calories?

Attached: 1556923383814.jpg (896x921, 164K)

Ate 6400mg of sodium with a 600g pizza yesterday and haven't shit yet. I knew I'd weight more this morning and I'm still disappointed.

Fiiiiiiiine, I'll lose the extra 10 pounds.
Tho I don't understand the second part you said. I have to lose all this and get Jow Forums by mid SEP, so I did the calculations, and even if I didn't exercise (I am), I'd be losing a pound every two days.

Attached: Screenshot_20190517-234253.png (2048x869, 120K)

The BMI is extremely, extremely forgiving and honestly you'll still look fat once you're in a healthy range, unless you've got the muscle mass to back it up.

i just got too fat. went from 314 to 166 in 2 years, gained back to 182 in the last few months and just hit 178 again.
honestly if anyones struggling with slipping back into binging, ignore any food goals you have and just go back to gounging on carbs. i've been eating a lot of fruits and i feel like it's finally weening me off wanting to eat everything in site, basically it's better to eat till satiety on sub-healthy stuff instead of hamburgers, pizzas etc.
i feel like i'm finally getting back the discipline not to eat like a 400lb man.

You're delusional. BMI means absolutely nothing and scale weight means almost as little. The only one that means anything is the mirror and measuring tape.
Most people won't even start to look good until they're "underweight" according to the BMI chart.

Attached: 1532449863839.png (740x900, 923K)

BMI is shit, it says people with a 10-15% bodyfat are underweight, and cut people with muscles overweight lol

I was looking and feeling great the last time I was 210, best in my life. The only time as an adult I was under 200 was when I was 190, after being emaciated from pneumonia.
I get its different for different people, but I'm fine with my goal. The BMI was just for reference.

Yeah, it's fine for now, as long as you know which direction to move in.
When you get to your goal, reassess what to do by using waist measurements.

Lose fat if:
>[waist]/[height] > 0.5
>US Navy BF% > [goal]

Build muscle if:
>Adjusted Fat Free Mass Index < 20

Build muscle and lose fat if:
>[waist]/[hips] > 0.9
(or 0.7 if female)
>Body Shape Index > 0.077
pic related

Attached: Capture.png (636x87, 9K)

ye m8 you'll still be a fat fuck at 25

That's how you fucking do it bros.

fucked and sucked half the neighbourhood, thinking about doing the other half to make up for it

Attached: 1557557168684.jpg (250x250, 12K)

The smaller my belly gets and the closer that I get to my goal, the less I believe that I'll actually achieve it.

Attached: 1451766371082.jpg (698x672, 23K)

you go girl!

>becomes a cheat decade

Attached: 1545799920594.jpg (598x687, 75K)

I ran out of fucking shirts and nothing in this city fits me anymore. Also got Jewish elixir for my depression which promptly removed said depression and I'm actually motivated for once so I'm building those good habits.

Yeah that only happens after you lose the weight, I think metabolic adaptation is based on how much weight you lose

My goal is a bmi of 30-32 with good muscle mass because I like it. It's comfy and sustainable.

>My goal is a bmi of 30-32 with good muscle mass because I like it.
t. ultraturbofatty

My goal is a 55 BMI with a decent amount of muscle mass (not too much, don't want to get too muscley), accounting for my water weight, metabolism and big bones.

Attached: large and in charge.jpg (615x814, 55K)

I want a BMI of 17.5 with minimal muscle mass.

Attached: fatfemanon.jpg (250x250, 29K)

>3 years
>yes I have some loose skin

We can all make it

Attached: 54B7384F-F20E-4533-970F-05026BC65B5F.jpg (2670x1502, 369K)

you look so super cute

I can't even walk into a gym or exercise because my social anxiety is so strong. I can't even do small home workouts in front of my girlfriend because I'm afraid of looking stupid.

Man, the fucking dread I feel when I consider that I started trying to get fit in November 2015.

And here I still am. Fat fuck with only a little more muscle than sedentary.

Load of shit. Most athletes have a bmi of 24. No man looks good with a bmi of 18 you faggot twink.

>Most athletes have a bmi of 24
Most athletes don't have a bodyfat percentage of 22%

>I can't even do small home workouts in front of my girlfriend because I'm afraid of looking stupid.
mate, you already look stupid as fuck because you're fat

This is obviously considering you've been lifting.

Lifting for 3 years + 24 bmi is ideal.

This is a ridiculous statement. There are too many types of athletes.

You've never heard of averages?

>the average BMI of athletes is 24
not the same

Forgot to weight yesterday.

FUCK water weight.
I knew I was in a deficit for the past week.
do not trust the scale if your calories are right

Hunger is fat leaving the body

Attached: 180519.png (640x480, 6K)