/fat/ Hunger Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For mentally ill binge eaters who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT. ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already, but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (needs waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic foods/micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be autistically accurate in your measurements
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g/lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it
>be a retard

Previous thread

Attached: RYAN GOSLING HUNGER.png (615x743, 262K)

Plotted the future loss in the Hacker's Diet site.
I can make it, 0.5kg loss a week

Attached: HackDiet.png (640x480, 6K)

Attached: 1764571625.png (448x287, 14K)

Attached: 1553312310760.png (1070x1683, 889K)

>tfw went 100 Cal over my 1200 calorie limit
HELP

Attached: 1545799920594.jpg (598x687, 75K)

looking at old photos and I'm undecided on the alleged toilet roll phase
>180-170lbs
>no huge difference
>170-160
>no huge difference
>160-150
>noticeable difference
>150-140
>very noticeable difference
so if it's true then it's around 18bmi

CONFESS

Attached: 1556550811894.png (1000x944, 503K)

fat fuck

You can do a simple 15 min interval
3 min walking 1 min runing
should take you to 100 calories loss

Had big binge a few days ago, but I made up for it right after. Being doing very good since.

>started at 215
>down to 194
>someone says start SS now for muscle gains while dieting
>go two weeks
>Gain 4 lbs, despite same calorie deficit
WHAT THE FUG, SOMEONE HELP

What is the point of confessing to Dr. Now. He already knows I'm fucking up anyway, and he won't forgive me. Give me father fatjack at least he understands me.

If it's your first time lifting, muscle tears cause water retention

sorry mate, thermodynamics has mad an exception for you
you're doomed

Well fuck, I guess that makes sense

Shit sucks brehs, I miss a steady loss, been going from plateau to swoosh constantly when at the start it was a steady decline, which amde it easier to know I was doing things right.

I'm losing just as much nowadays but I have to wait 10 days before knowing wether shit's working or if I've fucked up.

1200 calorie, high protein diet. you have one munt to lose turdy pound.

Confess.

Attached: obriest.jpg (480x604, 56K)

I don't think it was something like fat gain, I just didn't know what was going on. Water retention makes sense though.

Does masturbation burns calories?

I recently started lifting as well and gained 3 pounds over two weeks. Just stepped on the scale this morning and dropped 5. Just keep at it and results will come.

Alright, fine. Fuck.

I keep on sneaking little bites of ice cream here and there. It's not much but I'm sure it adds up. Like seven scoops of ice cream throughout the day. A nibble on chocolate here and there. But its every day. Now please just forgive me.

Don't be stupid.

You actually dont want to masturbate. Think about it. You are basically shooting out your protein. You are wasting your protein and therefore you are wasting your gains. Also when you dont masturbate your body has to eliminate the built up sperm and this causes your metabolic rate to increase. The increase is greater than the actual act of masturbating. So really you should be nofapping it.

>got on OMAD because "If I'm going to spend most of the day getting the rumblies anyway, I may as well have at least one meal in a day where I'm satiated"
>eat 1600 fucking kcal
>still hungry and feeling completely empty

This is some bullshit.
Although I do tend to overestimate how much I eat. I doubt that two slices of white bread, some egg and lettuce is quite equal to the Starbucks version I just threw up on here.

Attached: overestimate.png (476x287, 12K)

Awesome, thanks user. Good to know someone went through the same thing

I really hope you're shitposting because if not, you're a complete retard and should just stop posting because you are definitely ngmi.

I made it, passed my major goal some time ago, hit under 25 BMI, sticking around just for the last stretch to post progress shots.

I have three months left to lose 45 lbs and be fit like the man of the picture ( the one on the left )

Attached: 1557723566654.jpg (1600x1067, 843K)

>be fit like the skelly on the picture
>singer, so most likely on coke as evidenced by the combination of the lifestyle+extremely low bf%

Just do drugs I guess if that's your goal

No food today.
No food tomorrow.
No food yesterday.

Attached: 1339746874895.jpg (268x265, 22K)

>starving yourself
I hope you're not trying to make up for a cheat day or a binge.

>implying he doesn't look better than 99% of this board
>implying the sprouses are on cocaine

Too much food after tomorrow
rise and repeat

>Starving
No, that's not what fasting is.
>I hope you're not trying to make up for a cheat day or a binge.
No. I've been consistently losing weight both while eating and while fasting.

Attached: 1338442822081.jpg (468x624, 57K)

Day 2 on the ex stack. Things are going great. Hoping to lose 30 pounds in 14 weeks, would recommend.

you don't want to be here forever do you

Just because someone looks good at a certain bf% doesnt mean you'l look good at the same, and he'd look a lot better with a better frame. He's got a nice face and p good bone structure, but unless you're planning to get that of his as well, maybe you should work towards a better body.

I started doing WeightWatchers today. Years ago I did it by myself and lost almost 100 pounds. Over the years I gained back 50 and go to about 260. Now I'm back on it and my mother and father are on it with me too. Hoping we all lose weight together.

Attached: cheese doodles.jpg (3264x2448, 2.02M)

>weight watchers

I'm on my way faster than ever before. It's pretty great. Won't be here forever.

Is that what you're doing? I've heard of a few people going on crazy binges after fasts. But I really can't break with anything huge because everything is so filling after a fast. Takes like a day to get back up to normal portions for me.

>WeightWatchers
Just eat fucking less user what the fuck is wrong with you?

what's the difference between a 500kcal deficit and fasting?
time
you're impatient to lose weight, which suggests that you're either a bodybuilder getting ready for a contest
or, more likely, that this is just a transitory period for you. You want it to be over as soon as possible.

That's technically what he's doing.

>what's the difference between a 500kcal deficit and fasting?
>time
Time and hormones. Less impact on BMR. Better muscle sparing and improved longevity.
>you're impatient to lose weight
Lol. More like, I'm not going to choose a worse path to weight loss for no reason.

heard it a million times before
nobody ever listens so why would you
I wish you the best, sincerely, I hope you make it

Lol no fuck that.
You honestly think the amount of shit I have to do on a a daily basis I can just
be fasted all the time?
I literally can't. My will is fucking powerful, but fasting drains the shit out of me regardless of proper electrolytes.
I eat below 1700 calories a day, exercise every morning and fast occasionally (maybe once a week) for some acceleration and also that precious bdnf.

>slower is worse
oh my sweet summer child

Considering caloric restriction has pretty much abysmal long term success, often below 1%, I'd say not listening to you is likely a good thing. Even if someone tried a thing that was unlikely to work, using anything other than the typical advice is likely just a better use of time. It's bad advice.

Citation needed

>nobody ever listens
Well everyone here is on a program, and when you find something that works you latch onto it like a brony to a cumstained barbie stable set.

The rest is just general progress posting and adherence.

>Slow things are inherently, even when they negatively effect other things like BMR

M 6ft 170lb
I have lost about 40 pounds doing an 1000 calorie deficit. I have not done any strength training because I did not want to sacrifice gains given my high def, and although I ideally wish to cut more before beginning to lift, now seems the perfect opportunity. I was thinking of doing sean10mm's stripped 5x5 from the wiki, not sure how good it is but I like the simplicity. I understand such a rudimentary routine eventually loses effectiveness, so I was only planning on doing it for a bit while I learn the basics, again not sure how long to do such a thing before moving on. Is this a good plan, are there better? Given my bodyfat should I continue to eat at a deficit but lower it to 500, or should I eat at maintenance? I am not a fan of cardio but I want to be able to run a mile very fast, I was thinking of doing that on my off days and slowly shaving time until I'm Jason Bourne, not sure if that effects gains. Thank you, I apologize for all the questions.

In how much time did you lose your 40 lbs ?

Stay at 1000, 500 is too low

Minnesota starvation study, among others shows how caloric restriction slows BMR.

UK records of over a quarter million people put success of typical caloric restriction advice at less than 1%
You can look that study up by the name of
-Probability of an Obese Person Attaining Normal Body Weight: Cohort Study Using Electronic Health Records.

could i get some source for this?

i don't think anyone here advocates pure caloric restriction without any consideration of macros, which is the kind of shit they test
the effect of macros on satiety is discussed here pretty frequently

Minnesota starvation study wasnt just about caloric restriction, it was also about the type of food they ate, " Their meals were composed of foods that were expected to typify the diets of people in Europe during the latter stages of the war: potatoes, rutabagas, turnips, bread and macaroni.". No shit bad things happen BMR when they havent been eating fats or protein.

These old studies people keep quoting to support the most disparate things would've been better off not being made in the first place, I wonder how many decades of misinformation they've caused.

link?

It's called macros and exercise, faggot. No one here advocates CiCo restriction without those two going along with it. BMR can't go down when you have high protein and force your body to move.

Good. Switching up the macros, often to low carb or very low carb can help a diet mimic many of the benefits of fasting. Not just for satiety like PYY for protien and the hunger suppression effects of lipids while in the small intestines, but for better resting insulin levels, and improved insulin resistance for anyone who has been eating poorly enough. Couple that with a bit of daily exercise and you can have a large large effect quite quick. Lower carbohydrate and insulin levels also seem to have a significant effect on muscle sparing.
That's how I eat when I'm eating.

But for most of us, we've got a chunk of food stored up on our bodies. Acting like it's a big deal to live off it for while is silly. And I'm happy to have enough control now to transition between fasting and eating in a painless way that consistently results in weight loss.

Look up the Finnish University 2003 masturbation study by Ciemenn et al.

as i understand it the problem is more that a lot of fatties don't have the discipline to do what you do. there isn't a one size fits all solution, and while cico isn't perfect it does fit a lot of people and should be considered first-line
run that through the Jow Forums sperg filter and you get "lol ketard" and "fasting is gay"

>Finnish University 2003 masturbation study by Ciemenn et al
thanks, ill read it right now.

You can also look at the studies based on the biggest loser contestants.

You're likely going to expect a decent BMR hit if you're not fasting and also not eating some form of VLCD. If that's what you advocate for, that's fine. But the person bitching at me for fasting didn't mention it, lol.

See biggest loser studies. BMR (past the effect that comes from just losing weight) is about hormones. Exercise and adequate protein helps. It's obviously not the whole picture.

I found it pretty empowering to be able to master fasting and a significant amount of more control over my eating schedule. By understanding the role of ghrelin, insulin and other hormones, I've really been able to tailor my eating in a very conscious way, you know? I feel like at one point things like hunger and satiety happened to me in a way where I had no control or understanding of it. It's completely different now. I think a lot of people are stuck like that. These things happen to them, and they're not sure why or when they'll happen.

No nigger, your body will literally die if your BMR drops too much from calorie restriction if you get enough protein and move it too much. Also, are you referring to biggest loser, the fucking show?

If anything the biggest loser shows that sustainability is more important than short term success. Which is why starving yourself is retarded meme shit its not sustainable its not teaching you healthy eating patterns.

This. Fatasses looking for a quick fix for their long term issues are going to fail in the long term, of course. Using them as defense for fasting and anti-CiCo is retarded

Obviously it can't drop to zero or anything, but we can see it drops more than expected for the amount of weight they lose (obviously tdee goes down when you get smaller, but they're going down more than that.)

Yes, I'm talking about the television show. The former contestants of the show have been followed up for scientific study. The show itself doesn't follow them after the end because.. they're all fat again. For instance, one paper you can look at from the journal Obesity is
-Persistent metabolic adaptation 6 years after “The Biggest Loser” competition

you make a good point, though i definitely think you can't really understand something like that without a lot of effort

am i right that they mostly do cardio in the biggest loser? lifting has been shown to mitigate a lot of the BMR effects of calorie restriction, cardio does almost nothing

This "you're losing weight too fast" mom-teir warning is, quite frankly, born out of ignorance. Fasting has been part of the human eating pattern for thousands of years and you refer to it as "starving." Because you think a person with fully adequate body fat abstaining from food is anything comparable to "starvation."

Again, you're using fatasses who chose the quick, short term path to weight loss for proof. They set themselves to fail from the beginning, just like fasting fags. You need healthy lifestyle changes, not starving yourself or working yourself to death with no real change.

They do both resistance training and cardio. Due to the extreme level of exercise they do daily, it's mostly cardio afaik.

His point wasn't they "lost weight too fast", dumbass. His point was they didn't make any long term, lifestyle changes. No wonder they failed in the end.

You don't know even what the word starve means.

This is why I explained, in the post you replied to, that fasting is part of the human lifestyle for everyone up until the modern day. You think I'm ever going to stop completely fasting? Absolutely not. This is part of me forever. It might not be possible to go as extended as I do now if I don't have the body fat to support it. But it will happen on the regular.

Attached: 1556030197133.jpg (564x1030, 114K)

wonder you consider IF with, say, a 5 hour eating window?

I know both methods you autists are arguing about work because I've tried both, but I really hope /fat/'s spite for each other and zeal to prove each other wrong makes everyone make it and stay made.

If I stay at 1000 I can't lift

Any dudes here on sarms ? I'm doing a fat stack. Getting gains already

Sure, I'd consider it. I've done it before. At some point IF 2-meal sort of window might be what I need. At the moment it's pretty much all OMAD and fasting. I was just in Vegas doing OMAD over mother's day. Worked out very well with those buffets. Still lost weight but got to fly out to Vegas and spend time with my mom and have a good time.

he never said that m8
if you never learn to eat like a non fatty youll eventually binge.

i-its waterweight dr now I've been sticking to the diet

Attached: mercedes.png (414x601, 553K)

>if you never learn to eat like a non fatty youll eventually binge.
I consistently lose weight on both days that I eat and days that I don't. I've told you this already.

I'M NEVER GONNA GET FUCKING ABS AT THIS RATE WHAT THE FUCK MAN

SW: 210
CW: 165
GW: 155??
(5'9)

You better be lifting and working core, nigger.

stop eating fatty

>5'9"
Ohhh man

>I made it
>ate over 6k cals
>still has some to go
you didn't make it yet and even when you're there you won't be for long, 6 THOUSAND calories lmao.

>tfw at 25% bf
>can still see upper layer of abs

what are you doing wrong

Maybe those are just tumors.

can we get a pic?

Yeah I had that too. And then it turned out I was storing a bunch of fat in my ass and now I have the ass sag.

The halo top meme is real bros

Attached: 1552343368379.jpg (469x466, 119K)

leme clap them cheeks cuh

Pistachio is the most legit. Just saying.

Attached: 1423678880922.jpg (318x318, 33K)

In the same way you clap a pair of over-large curtains.

So, I have 13% body fat, but I am overweight. How fun!

Don't say it.