Real talk, how strong were old time boxers when it came to lifting strenght

Real talk, how strong were old time boxers when it came to lifting strenght

Sonny liston had a 8.6 inch wrist at 215 lbs bodyweight, and his hands were enormous,i wouldnt believe you if you told me a guy like this didnt do 2/3/4/5 the first day they put a step in the gym

Attached: 300px-Liston_BE055243.jpg (300x404, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/P619N3wo9O8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they were boxers, not weightlifters.

literally no one can do that user, don't be fucking stupid

I have a few boxers in my lineage and from what I’ve heard from my family they were basically the epitome of what chad is in terms of strength and physique, which honestly makes no sense to me because I’ve been boxing for 3 years and it hasn’t really affected my weight training at all aside from slightly better explosive power in my shoulders and quads

thats cool man, could you tell us some feat of strenght of them, or anything relatable ? or how did they get that level of strenght and power ? or it was just RAW

i know, but these guys must have something,either crazy pain tolerance or insane strenght, whatever, they werent YOUR AVERAGE JOE

people with olynpian genetics should be doing 1/2/3/4/5 in less than 3 months at least

do you think shoulder and quad strenght are thr most detrrminant in someones punching power ?

Well I’m sure my senpai could be exaggerating but they said these dudes easily squatted and benched 250-300 or more and that their routines they followed were super bare bones and hard, think like how ironmike had his 1000 rep body weight exercises but with weights, these guys were animals in their time

All your punching power comes from your core and quads yes, that’s why is boxers incorporate a lot of lower body strength/explosive training and why most boxers have insanely strong abs

crazy, i unironically find this pretty believable, good info

do you have any famous man in your lineage ?

No, these dudes were cage fighters or just local talents around Britain

damn,imagine how freaking strong guys like foreman and liston were im pretty sure these guy would have succed in any sport they wanted to

>people with olynpian genetics should be doing 1/2/3/4/5 in less than 3 months at least
Whats the 5? Also no they’d need time to do that or work towards that as well.

sorry i meant 2/3/4/5

yuri vaslov was crazy strong when he began olympic lifting

Did you just start boxing? Lmao.

They trained a lot so they were good. Strength doesnt correlate to boxing.

i didnt start boxing and i dont like boxing at all, my head cant tolerate hars hits neither so is a no no, im just curious

the. NFL has the combine
we all know how strong lifters are
but there is little to no information about boxers

>I’ve been boxing for 3 years and it hasn’t really affected my weight training at all aside from slightly better explosive power in my shoulders and quads
training was probably different back then
still, I think old-timer boxer strength might be a bit overrated
focus has always been on conditioning and being able to fight 15 (now 12) rounds

yet they hit harder and were more vicious

>they hit harder
the average heavyweight nowadays is 30lbs heavier than the avg heavyweight was 50 years ago
foreman weighed 220 at his prime, Anthony Joshua weighs 240 and routinely knocks out guys his size

>were more vicious
name 1 (one) hw boxer that was more vicious than Tyson

/thread
Boxer here, I can't put up any decent numbers. It's like asking what a sprinter can squat. Doesn't matter.

tyson is old hwavyweight

also sonny liston and ken norton were ferocious as fuck

his wrist was 7.5 tops

Probably not that strong mate. Kickboxer and BJJ student here, basically these guys aren’t really that strong. Kickboxing isn’t really about strength, it’s pretty much “how well can you translate rotational force into a strike.” Sure having stronger hips will help a lot but it’s really genetic who can hit the hardest.

strong.and tough as nails
old school boxers did road work outdoors under a warm sun instead of air conditioned gym,
hits heavy bag over pads and didnt drink estrogen laced water

in my experience it’s kind of like a golf swing, much less to do with muscle than good form/snap. you would be surprised how hard skinny guys can hit

but yeah definitely legs and back. if you look at most boxers they don’t really have a chest either

Most sprinters can squat a lot and it often does matter. Those who don't are a very rare exception (Andre DeGrasse)

My friend is a literal Olympian 6'3 90kg and can't do 2/3/4/5
Unless you mean Olympic weightlifting in which case you are still wrong about 3 months

>name 1 (one) hw boxer that was more vicious than Tyson
Foreman

youtu.be/P619N3wo9O8

Attached: woodchop1.jpg (366x327, 37K)