I recently bought a "smart scale"

I recently bought a "smart scale"

Which of these values are meaningful and which are meaningless?

Attached: Screenshot_20190520-180425.png (1974x2048, 338K)

Don't know about yours, but mine (Fitbit Aria) is worthless at body fat measurement.

Most likely all of them but weight are meaningless

99% of smart scales are complete trash
The only one you can rely on is total weight, possibly BMR.

this
Weight, BMI are the only "real" values. Most are acquired through impedance and it's really not exact science... Like if you walk barefoot a lot, you won't conduct as much electricity because of the crust so the calculation will be all fucked up.

You wasted your money. All the body composition stuff is estimated by the electrical resistance of your legs, it's literally guessing at everything above your taint.

What if I place only my left leg and right arm on the scale?

It'll probably change the numbers.

Too much electrical interfetterance

I don't even think that's a word.

>What if I place only my left leg and right arm on the scale?

Attached: s2pa.png (702x541, 763K)

I have a Renpho smart scale as well. Really only bought it because of the app integration/ ease of tracking weight over time. I'll agree with the other posters that the other numbers aren't useful, but it was like $20, so I'm not sweating it.

Don't listen to anyone telling you that they're all meaningless. The important thinking is taking in the info as a whole. Lets say you're cutting. If your average weekly weight and bodyfat% are going down week after week, then youre on the right track. If not, you're not. The opposite is true for bulking.
I have the same scale as you and I love it. For me the best part isn't "pinpoint accuracy measurements", its the fact that I can look at a graph of the past 3 months and see, visually, the 15 pounds I lost. It's a huge motivator and It will help be burn off that last 5-10, and the help me pack on the 20-25 pounds of muscle that I want to over the next year or so.
TL;DR, ignore anyone that says this thing is useless. The function to graph your weight/bf% over time is incredibly motivating, even if the day-to-day measurements are only ballpark (+/- .02%) estimates. Its pretty darn accurate and helpful.

>If your average weekly weight and bodyfat% are going down week after week, then youre on the right track.

Yeah but here's the thing- those body fat measurements are so inaccurate they can be +-5% or more. You could lose 3 lbs of fat this week and the scale could indicate your body fat % stayed the same or went up. That information is too inaccurate to be useful. Just eyeballing yourself in the mirror will be more accurate

But the readings are relatively stable over time. I've been using mine for months and it's rare to see a change of more than .1% per day. So, while I may not actually be the 15% indicated by the scale, it's instructive to observe a trend over time of my percentage rising or falling. That's all user was trying to say (I hope).

TOP KEK so all your bones and organs weigh only 8lbs, complete trash

I am sure I read that most of these scales stayed consistent, but not accurate.

That means if the scale says 15.1% body fat, its likely wrong, but when you go from 15% to 12%, you legit lost 3% fat.

>Which of these values are meaningful and which are meaningless?
Weight. The rest is bullshit.
Return it for a refund.

Infetterance*
At least get the meme correct

>meme police

That is like, just a yikes, sweetie..

>8lbs of bone
lmao imagine skipping bone day

Scales are designed to measure your weight, so you can trust that one.
Assuming your told it your height correctly, BMI is correct.
Throw away everything else.

The bodyfat percentage is calculated my measuring your impedance, it's not useless, but a tape measure method or caliper method would be better. It's not calibrated for that, it'll have no clue.

All the useful metric are in pic related.
I just use a cheap scale, and free tape measure.

Attached: Capture.png (636x171, 13K)