Reminder, don't fucking try to give advice at the gym

Some old fucking boomer came up to me mid fucking set if negative reps and went on this whole thing about how he used to be a personal trainer and that negatives dont do anything. Ruined my FUCKIGN workout and I'm pissed

Attached: mp,840x830,matte,f8f8f8,t-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg (750x1000, 43K)

They don't though

This

was he sippin?

They hated him because he spoke the truth

He's right u know?

I couldn’t do a single pull-up a few years back before I started lifting. So I declined for 10 reps everyday and in a week I was able to go half way. Two weeks and I had my first pull-up.

Im positive you have autism cause he's 100% right.

OP is dumb hehe

I'm positive that you're wrong AND OP has autism.

you are all stupid fags, even if the old man was right he was obnoxious to walk up to a stranger and start rambling at him. I bet you retards have no friends

Negatives only work if you use more weight than you can move concentrically. Eccentric strengthening has a ton of good evidence and research that says it is beneficial to strengthening. Not sure about hypertrophy.

Friendly advice that if you see a lanklet brown Asian who avoids eye contact and always rests facing the corner, that's me and I do appreciate advice, even if I don't agree with it

Imagine giving "advice" to someone MID.FUCKING.SET
I'm with you on this one OP but don't disregard every advice someone tries to give you unsolicited. You could develop a nice homosexual relationship with a gymbro

I like to use them after failure, as a way to push myself past it

holy shit morons itt

negatives = more time under tension. tut can be progressively overloaded, idiots

negatives can/will = gains

Yeah good point. Eccentric contraction is stronger than concentric and isometric. So when you can lower a bench press but can't raise it up. Or pullups like

This what the fuck

Most people on Jow Forums don't actually lift.

>Not sure about hypertrophy.
hypertrophy happens most in the eccentric phase.
this is why oly-lifters stick as much as they can to concentric movements. also eccentric generates the most DOMS, so pro-lifters like oly-lifters stay away from eccentrics to remain fresh for everyday lifting.

>more time under tension

>thinking time under tension predicts hypertrophy

Attached: 1557307652955.png (1000x432, 137K)

Thank you user, actually learnt something on Jow Forums

Attached: OP.png (780x915, 270K)

Have a you for that

Attached: TKZi4EJ.png (498x594, 124K)

Haha nice

Attached: 1558386129072m.jpg (596x1024, 59K)

lel, saved