/fat/; cardiovascular health edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For rounded characters who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT. ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already, but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (needs waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic foods/micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be autistically accurate in your measurements
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g/lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it
>be a retard

Previous Thread:

Attached: 09e9c3a7b5afcece4d8cad0227a428b1.jpg (690x493, 238K)

Hello

Previous thread:

Attached: 1555476522450.jpg (326x326, 8K)

I would eat those hearts.

Guys, I've been stuck at 195 lbs for three weeks now but I've dropped two inches off my waist. What gives? Is it because I've started lifting weights?

Why do you wanna be the guy on the left bros?

Attached: before-after-skeleton.jpg (500x474, 79K)

the xenu have impregnated you

post body.

i'm sure fasting will help.

Could be recomposition yeah.

>guy

What does it mean when you visibly look a lot leaner but your weight is the same?

Also, what the ideal weight for a 6' male, assuming he has decent muscle

>What does it mean when you visibly look a lot leaner but your weight is the same?

They say there are no such thing is stupid quesstions but by God you guys are trying

Attached: 1544254566373.jpg (326x294, 12K)

I dont want to be the twink on the right either

poser fatties need to gtfo

>250
>All that fat
That's a women user, or a manlet

>fat since childhood
>bitch tits and fat pad
>lose a bunch of the weight as an adult
>the tits haven't gone away
wtf do I have to do to make the chest fat go away

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 16K)

The bodyfat percentage gave it away and not the uterus?

Post body

I would like to know this as well.

It'll be one of the last things to go.
Or it might be legit gyno.

You're a uterus fuck you

probably gyno

>do my OMAD
>"here man, have a peanut."
>sure, it's a single peanut, how bad could it really be?
>having to fight off a fullblown cravings, hunger, and "fuck it, I just want the food" episode for the past hour
Food addiction ain't no joke, bros.

Attached: danielsausages-662096.png (590x350, 291K)

>DON'T
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it
Got rid of all bad shit except fancy starbucks shit. Doubleshit energy can is an addiction. Lost 5lbs in past week ditching drugs, alcohol, bagged fast food. Chipotle is fine, but the bowl and chips is like two meals for me. I don't like burgers so much anymore. I hate taco bell when that was the only thing that got me through my crippling depression in 2015. I love country breakfasts, however. Steak, eggs, hashed potatoes, toast, coffee with heavy cream, that's the fucker. I add a fuckload of spinach to cut back the amount of potatoes I need to cook to feel sated (not full). I'm not getting better, but I'm certainly being better. Bless everyone that wants to make it.

Gyno surgery m8

>restrict myself to 1200-1400 cal a day protein rich balanced diet
>The first week is a nightmare
>Now I'm comfy, and a little bit tired
What causes this? Is it food withdrawal?

Yeah, eating outside your meal screws you up. Especially if you've been varied in the time you eat your meal. How long you been on omad?

On and off for the past couple of months. Back on it to adhere to the diet long enough to fuck this last stretch of fat, so 10 days.

I have no idea how much fat left there is. Could have to lose another 20-30 lbs. Here's hoping.

I want a party sized pack of sour cream & onion chips with some good ass dip and a large bottle of coke. It's been like 6 months since the last time I ate that combo.

Oh.. well do t want that

metabolic decline

Started working out and eating healthier at 261 April 1st and am now currently at 235. I'm 5'11 and haven't seen any physical changes so far, nor do I feel any different. I understand it's a marathon and not a race. My question is when you guys binge what is it usually on? And how do you deal with the guilt? Today I had 4 medium sized chicken breast with cheese,onions,asparagus, and tomatoes. After a few hours I ate some strawberries and a little peanut butter I know the food sounds healthy enough but I just feel like total shit whenever I eat huge portions like that and end up practically starving the next few days after.

Attached: spongebob_1.jpg (495x290, 42K)

First week for me was a whole bunch of dry-heaving and nausea.
So a bit of everything.

>My question is when you guys binge what is it usually on?
I don't.

You are eating at what is probably a significant deficit, of course your energy levels arent going to be the same as when you were at surplus

I've read that there are hormones released when you start losing fat that can cause lethargy and mild depression because your body wants to retain fat stores. Personally I felt hungry at my deficit for about 10-14 days and I slowly worked up to where I'm kinda doing OMAD every day. You'll get over it. Exercise helps me. I feel really bloated after the gym or a run and I don't want food at all. My wife on the other hand she says she gets pretty hungry but her workout is 45-60 minutes on an exercise bike and I don't think she's pushing herself hard.

I don't binge. Unless you count OMAD which I've done daily for 3 months now.

>not going for heart gains
heartlets when will they learn?

over the past 2 years i dropped 35 lbs (150 to 115 at 5'3") by using myfitnesspal and trying feebly to not eat over 1500 calories without really changing my diet. no dedicated exercise, just lots of walking and playing dance dance revolution for ~4 hours per week for fun. now i have skeleton arms, big muscular fat person legs, and a gut that never goes away. i started lifting weights a month ago and am wondering how seriously continuing to eat 1500 calories per day might hold back my progress. i'm afraid to eat more because i'm worried it will go straight to my stomach, which is already bad enough. when i decided i wanted to stop being fat, i had a delusion that when i was at my current weight, i'd be thin all over and have a flat belly, and that i'd start exercising more seriously after i reached that point, but it seems like it will probably not come until i have an underweight bmi. anyone else struggle with this?

still doing aight i think, def slowed since the start

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 9.43.33 PM.png (3276x652, 103K)

>tfw high voice
>tfw patchy beard
>tfw small benis
Bros, does being morbidly obese most my life(since 8) affect the amount of testosterone I have? I wanna say weight loss will help this shit, but it seems to good to be true.

Well ending your morbid obesity may not solve everything, but it will solve many things. Patchy bead is largely just age related. Some people's beards don't finally fill out until their 40s or 50s. Mine did in my late 20s.

CONFESS

Attached: 1516823854990.jpg (232x218, 14K)

yep. being obese is strongly linked to having low t and losing weight has been shown to bring it back up. if you're an adult now, your benis is not going to grow (but losing weight will make it look bigger) and your voice will probably not change significantly, but it could help your beard a little, though the other user is right that age is more important.

Semen retention will improve your voice

I just collapsed on the work gym floor at night and nobody's here to help, should I wait and drag myself out in a few?

>yellow in brain
is that fat? da fuck

Yep, it's why obesity is linked heavily with lower levels of cognitive functioning.

I mean not really, I just made that up. Had you for a second though, didn't I?

Mad lad

Attached: FDB1E5BF-5D9F-44B6-846D-5DAAEC76A6EB.gif (480x270, 1.22M)

All that shit in the intenstines

Women
>tits are first to go
Men
>tits are last to go
Why it be this way?

I learned the hard way your stomach literally shrinks. I thought it was just a “you get used to the feeling of less food. It’s all psychological.” I tried eating the amount of a cheat meal (3,000) from a month ago and ended up throwing up and crapping my pants.

Did good today father, only like 900 calories and I biked for 2 hours and walked for an hour. Bout to fuck it up with some coconut water tho

That's not how it works for heart enlargement but whatever.

I took the spreadsheet posted a few days ago and added conditional formatting.

Man, I'm in a sorry state.
>OBESE according to bodyfat percentage
>Closer to OBESE than healthy according to: BMI, Waist-Height ratio and Body Shape
>OVERWEIGHT according to Corpulence Index and Waist-Hip ratio

That massive difference between BMI and CI bothers me.
As a 195 cm fat lanklet, which am I supposed to believe?

Attached: Capture.png (634x170, 13K)

That you're a fat fuck regardless of whatever your numbers are

>haven't seen any physical changes so far, nor do I feel any different
cause you're a 5'11 guy. 225 to 265 look pretty much the same on an average height guy. 200 will look a lot different then 220 though which will be cool.

My mother disapproves that my gf and I are losing weight
'you are skinny as fuck, you will get anorexic' I'm literally 170cm and 60kg with 20-25bf%

'but your gf looks great, really feminine and beautiful' my gf is a blob! 168cm and 74kg

Is my fat mother just jealous as fuck? Or am I missing something?

>I learned the hard way your stomach literally shrinks. I thought it was just a “you get used to the feeling of less food. It’s all psychological.”
The stomach does not literally shrink. But it's not psychological. You have multiple ways your digestive track tells you to stop eating. Peptide YY, Cholecystokinin, stretch receptors. If you're fasting, or eating small portions, you become more sensitive to these satiety signals because they're more rare. Kind of like how fasting and keto makes you more insulin sensitive as insulin levels start to stay low more consistently. This is also why fasting or bariatric surgery (the only way to actually shrink the stomach) cure type 2 diabetes, which is fundamentally just insulin resistance.

It's physical, hormonal. Maybe slightly psychological, but I doubt that's very much of it and there is no actual shrinking of any of your organs.

Attached: Changes-in-VAS-score-of-satiety-and-hunger-from-fasting-state-until-210-minutes-after-the.ppm.png (824x569, 65K)

>Is my fat mother just jealous as fuck?
Your weight loss threatens her.

And why are you dating a blob?

She gained like 25kg since her father died. So her weight is just an emotional reaction. That's why we are getting rid of it. Besides her body she's perfect for me.

Maybe I should write down my mother's excuses and health tips. Just to post em and have a good laugh. Or maybe just be kind of disappointed.

My mother is a fatty in denial 'I'm eating like 500kcal and I still gain weight'
She won't listen and sometimes it's making me sad :( I probably will lose my mother early to obesity. Her bmi is like 33 I think

>Besides her body she's perfect for me.
So you got a fat mom and now you're trying to get with a fat woman and you think that's perfect.

Attached: 1404866761139.gif (400x310, 1.99M)

My blob wasn't fat before her father died. She hates women, is fucking racist, very supportive and got all the traits I'm looking for.

>ate a whole box of vanilla wafers with a quarter of a jar of nutella
I'M A FUCKING LOSER

Had to go vegetarian because animal fat was making me break out in all sorts of rashes. Skin feels better, less itching, but a 400 calorie salad with avocado and chick peas barely did anything to satiate me.

Well that's good, but a lot more people will die in her life. Is she going to gain 25kg every time someone dies? Or when she has a miscarriage? Or when things get dicey with your career/business and she's worried about the future? What if your health fails and she needs to take care of you? She's going to need to stand strong in the face of adversity to support you, not crumble.

But by all means, it's your call. Assuming she's actually redpilled and doesn't just blindly hate for vague emotionalisms -- It's hard to find a woman red-pilled on race and sex. I could see the appeal.

Dude, wafer cookies are fucking insane. I refuse to buy them. I've only seen them in giant packs. Wish I could buy like 2.

they're so fucking delicious dipped in nutella or any kind of chocolate spread
why the fuck is food so good bros
why is healthy food so shit bros

I'm not fat but I'm not super skinny either. 5'7/5'8 and like, 160 I think. Anyway I'm joining a martial arts class and I wanna build endurance for it beforehand and lose a little weight while I'm at it. I tried running a mile almost every day for like, a month but I didn't see anything super come out of it. Does going without eating help? Sometimes I just eat one fair meal a day but would it be healthy to just eat one meal a day? I don't want people to think I'm like anorexic or anything but I could definitely stomach just a meal a day if it helps me lose weight. I just wanna get back to running man.
What's the best kind of endurance training to get results fast? I can push myself but I'm a little afraid of getting burnt out again and I don't want to do it again if it means pushing myself to the max every day and getting nothing out of it again. I don't wanna get stuck at square one again bros

Attached: 1546013633508.jpg (480x480, 8K)

>they're so fucking delicious
They are.
>dipped in nutella
Gross. Nasty nasty euro garbage.

>why is healthy food so shit bros
This is why I eat keto and fast. Candy is tasty, but so are saint louis dry rubbed (no sugar rub) ribs and avocados.

She's actually red pilled and hates her own weight. Well her father was a special case I would say. She's working with old people for years and there is a death every other week. She doesn't mind at all.

I think it's because her father died relatively young, slow and painful right in front of her eyes.

Well as long as you're willing to try and be an objective judge of her character, and the relationship is actually healthy. Not that most people find that easy to judge.

How has her weight loss progressed so far?

How do you stop being lazy and find motivation to work out? I’ve lost a lot weight by just eating less.

I want to start doing some kind of exercise but I always feel too lazy.

I’m never gonna make it

Probably the back of the head, and the neck. Still the pressure on the skull from the weight still can't be nice right?

My mums getting like this. She still wont stop eating bread.
If she has a salad then she adds cheese and mayo or salad cream.
She drinks like 20 cups of tea a day with sugar and milk too.

Lots of people eat one meal a day while losing weight.
One meal a day is advice that is literally thousands of years old.
Polybus, in ancient greece said:
>Such as are fat, and desire to be lean, should use exercise fasting; should drink small liquors a little warm; should eat only once a day, and no more than will just satisfy their hunger.

The longer she stays fat the harder it will be to take it off and keep it off. I think you have about a year or two before the body gets hormonally comfy at a given stable weight. Remind her that grief and distress aren't going to kill her in itself. It's okay to have a shit fit once in a while, she can write down her anguish, talk it out some more, just get that misery out of the way. If you eat to comfort yourself you're just kicking the can, the bad feels will still be there and you'll have to keep eating shit until you man up and face them

I don't know the numbers but I can see her body change. I would estimate like 8kg loss in 4 weeks.

If she continues I might just fuck her again in 2 weeks.

Her mother is a slim Brazilian with nazi ancestors and her dad was a German. So I kinda believe that she's really into what she says

I'm feeling with you user... Any ideas how to stop this?

>cardiovascular health edition
Post your resting heart rate, boyos
>50

>How do you stop being lazy and find motivation to work out?
Start with something small

Good luck then. Just be willing to step back and evaluate before you commit to something you might regret. And seek the advice from healthy friends and family who observe your relationship to help you judge the health of things.

58 seems to be pretty common for my resting heart rate.

>82

Attached: 1545799920594.jpg (598x687, 75K)

You are one nice person thanks. She know I'll dump her if she doesn't lose weight. I ain't fucking a fatty

Today I ate

158 g apple
4 oz chicken breast
50 g brown rice
170 g broccoli
A vanilla yogurt
Peanut butter kashi
And some almonds

R8

Jesus user, what the hell is happening over there? Any idea what your typical blood pressure is?

The human brain is nearly 60% fat

AAAAAH WHEN WILL I BE SKINNY?
>6'4
>198lbs down from 250 in two years
I have been lifting consistenly and I still have love handles and belly. Lifts are approx 1/2/3/4 for three reps each.
What do I need to weigh to have abs?

>tfw grilling a carrot at 3 am cause hungry

I'm so close to hitting 115kg, which is halfway to my goal of 100kg. We're all gonna make it if we try hard enough. Also am 2.05m so 100kg is not too bad.

abs come in around 12% bodyfat, bit more if you've been training them. so just find your current body fat and work it out from there

>101.3
Fuck, few days ago I was 100.7
Come on, I wanna finally be back under 100.

Curds, and whey!

Attached: 365169_full.jpg (1000x561, 40K)

>Under 300lb for the first time in years
Gonna make it.

Attached: 1558386253133.gif (500x288, 3.26M)

55-65 uwu

Almost at the same point user. Its not fair, its such a shit point to be plateauing, feeling the sub 100 so close and yet I keep fucking stalling at this even though the deficit is the same.

I blame my last woosh being too extreme, but another woosh has to come any day now.

Attached: qfqNKMm.jpg (754x416, 106K)

Also, been keeping this for 4 months and only just now realise it says 2018, fug

Should I do OMAD if I have epilepsy?

I would suggest you speak to your doctor before engaging in any form of fasting.