Cardio discussion

How much cardio do you do and when?
I recently decided to stop it completely in order to not lose gains, but I'm not too sure

Attached: Cardio-Workouts-Gym-Treadmill.jpg (1024x794, 120K)

Depends. I used to run ~5-10 miles per day, but that was when I did cardio only. Now I take my dog on a 30 min walk and 10-15 mins running on a treadmill.

After your work outs or only on off days?
But yeah around 10 mins sounds about right

jeff says to do cardio at the end of my lifting session, so I do

Attached: D1876D84-3A3F-4D65-82AC-39692B9C72D1.png (500x686, 200K)

Yeah I heard this too, however my gym buddy has me on the fence.

I might start again after I finish this experiment

he’s probably just a bitch dude

Off topic, but if women would starting this shit instead of leggings I think my gains would improve significantly

After. I lift weights in the morning, and do the cardio at 2-3pm. I wouldn't do it before as i'd probably be fatigued.

Thx man.
I currently do a full body work out, so I have many off days. Since I don't do cardio during these days I don't visit the gym during those days now.

Is there something useful to be done on off days at a gym besides cardio?

I walk most of the time instead of driving, and I'm on my feet a lot for my job, so I usually go way over 10,000 steps per day. Other than that, I do 5 minutes light cardio before lifting as a warm up, and another 10 minutes of higher intensity cardio after lifting. I keep it very low impact though, even for the higher intensity stuff. I'm way more likely to use an elliptical or rower than a treadmill.

Attached: 1557562096979.jpg (3000x3000, 1014K)

How come you walk a lot? What do you do?
Maybe I should start going for more walks too

Slight thread jack, would I be able to continue bulking if I started training to run a half-marathon I plan to do in about 4 months?

I'm a cook and a full time college student. I walk to save money, and my job is pretty active and fast paced. Steady state low impact cardio is great for burning calories while being really easy on your joints.

I do hit+,liss 3times a week,I'm trying to cut,the problem for me is the food..but I still manage to lose weight just not as fast

Depends what your goals are I guess. I try to get at least some cardio in every day, even if it's just a dog walk.

Yeah if you were still in a surplus. You'd have to track calories though, so run with a running app and use myfitnesspal.

What are your goals?
I started skinny so I really want to build some muscle and mainstain it

Being a cook must be cool. I'm a student,but currently I'm really struggeling and thinking about quitting. I'm just a pro procrastinator, so uni is tough for me

Calisthenic fag here, I do 3 hours a week on my stationary bike, usually an hour on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings while fasted. Am going to try to work my way up to 6 hours a week, taking only Sunday off. Not sure what is considered an optimal amount of cardio but this is my plan for now

Eat cucumbers. Not memeing

Nice b8

A little as a warm up. Rowing for upper body and threadmill for leg day. And 10 minutes of HIIT after.

Doing some cardio after a workout will burn more calories than cardio alone because your muscle already had a good fucking.

Dont worry about burning musclemass. That only happens when your body has nothing else left to burn and the process is highly unpleasant. You wont risk it unless you run a marathon after you lift.

Carrots for carotenoid gains

Not bait, I'm dead serious. What don't you believe

Former skeleton also. Goal is to build more muscle. I still do cardio like i said but I think running really long distances can be bad for you.

An hour a day????
You must be killing your gains just to look like a twink

At 6ft tall with broad shoulders/ good frame I'm doing just fine in ottermode

There's a baseline level of cardio that pays dividends for lifting, gets you the extra reps at the end of leg day but doesn't steal your gains. Running a 5k 3 days a week at a medium pace is my best guess

Cooking is pretty fun if you can handle the stress, but only if you're young. All the lifers become super burnt out, and your body will start to fail you eventually. That's why I went back to college, to get out of the culinary industry. If you're in your 20's though, and unsure about the path you're on, working in a well run kitchen can be a great way to learn discipline and resilience.

Hey whatever floats your boat.

Why did you ecide to go to uni?
Too much stress for too little pay?
Anyways a part time job plus uni can be pretty demanding, so respect bro

Baggy shorts look hotter too. I like how the fabric drapes over firm buttox

It's a shit long term career prospect. It's nearly impossible to work your way up from line cook to any kind of chef position, and even then have fun working 60+ hours a week for mediocre compensation. You're way better off either getting a degree or trade certification, making a bunch of money, and using your savings to open your own restaurant.

I walk a lot during the day and when in the gym, I run in the treadmill and aim 9:30 or less for 1.5 miles five time a week. Is that too much? Should I cut back on it? More?

Walking is not cardio unless you are fat and run more slow miles.

Patrician taste. There's a whole world of fashion for gym thots just waiting out there but it's only used by 40 year old mothers.

What is better for heart health ? 10 minutes of jogging / 5 minutes of HIIT after working out ?

HIIT damages your heart while not giving you any additional health benefits that slow jogging can't give.

Thanks user. Will it also help for better erection ?

Don't know about the erection but you will last much longer in bed.

>HIIT damages your heart
This isn't true is it?

depends on how hard you do it and how fit you are already

whats a good amount of HIIT in terms of total high intensity time?

I tend to do 1 minute total which seems low to me.

so from what i gather off this thread, i should be biking after my workout, not on offdays?

I prefer to do it on off days, personally. It's a form of active recovery, gets the blood flowing into your muscles. Better than laying around all day.
Point is, it isn't that important. When you have energy in the tank, do long cardio. When you're tired and sore, do 15-20 min and call it a day.

Attached: DhTT7xXUwAAofId.jpg (645x729, 34K)

Jesus fucking christ fitness is a complete shitshow.

>Cardio is pointless!
>If you do cardio, do HIIT otherwise you're not really taxing your body!
>Oh no, HIIT might explode your cardiovascular system!
>Oh no, cardio might be important after all
>But only after workouts

This is a billion dollar industry. If the powers that be actually wanted to figure this shit out it would have been figured out decades and decades and decades ago. They want you gullible fruitcakes to be constantly off balance, constantly unsure of what works and what doesn't. That's how the entire industry makes their money. That's how all the YouTube fitness shows make their money.

>HIIT for a better life!
>HIIT, destroying your heart?
>HIIT, what you need to know.
>HIIT, if you do this, buy these supplements!

The entire fitness industry is fucking cancer. It makes me want to look up basic fitness manuals from the fucking Greek or Roman eras because at least those aren't going to be full of stupid flavor of the week dogshit.

>fruitcakes
Fuck fruitcakes are fucking delicious

Attached: fruitcakes.jpg (800x484, 166K)

Pic related

Attached: exercisechronicdiseasesdoseresponse.gif (330x271, 12K)

Damn that rly do be looking fine

Pavel Tsatsouline is the man for strength and flexibility. Cardio can take any form, even if it is just moving lighter weights faster and for longer duration. I like rowing, kettlebell swings, squats, all of it. I work 8-12 hours a day on a shipping dock so I get probably 4-5 hours of LISS 5 days a week. At this point I'm trying to find the line between just enough and too many carbs to be able to lift 5 days a week. Never seem to get enough protein, either. Bottom line: fucking move. Find something you like. Go hard when you can, just do it when your tank is basically fucked. Even if it's goddamned prancercise, do something most days.

That looks fookin moist fella

How do I get my calves to stop hurting while running?

Pay attention to your technique when you step and make sure you don't flap your feet down, don't push with your ankle and lift your leg instead