How do I get addicted to video games?

How do I get addicted to video games?

I'm an alcoholic cocaine addict and I'm trying to find a cheaper, healthier alternative addiction.

Attached: 1527246147197.jpg (600x600, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EVpt5ZyAKb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

vidya is expensive too

Bodybuilding bro

Attached: 1545138489755.png (1919x780, 535K)

>bodybuilding/going to the gym as a hobby
ah yes, the male equivalent of "traveling xd"

This shit can be really addictive

not possible unless you truly enjoy it. in which case, smoke weed

People who consider traveling piss me off way more. It takes an astounding lack to self awareness to not be able to figure out almost everyone likes traveling. The difference is not everyone has a trust-fund to burn through.

1 video game is what, 30-40 dollars? you know how much cocaine costs right?

Games that rely on RNG tend to be addictive same way drugs and alcohol are. So try games like diablo or pos. If you are more social type then MMORPGs have social aspect added to it.

LMAO shit is so true. "I like travelling, this year I visited [list of 15 countries]".

Try salvia divinoris. You can't get addicted to something that strong. Also, Jow Forums and reddit can be very addictive too.

a new game is $60 and are filled with "microtransations" that make you more powerful the more you spend.
hell, one game even has gun designs that are worth $1000+

>poe not pos

>traveling
>eating
>hanging out with friends
imagine listing these as your "hobbies"

try meth, its cheaper at least

You will always be addicted to cocaine.
Dont do drugs kids

you're using extreme examples because not every game you buy costs 60 with 1000 worth of micros. people get games on steam on sale for like 10-20 and most of them don't even contain any further purchases.

on average a gamer might spend 1000 in a year altogether. if someone who likes to party goes out even once a month that's still more expensive, since it's extremely easy to spend 100 on a gram of coke and a few drinks.

youtube.com/watch?v=EVpt5ZyAKb4

watch this video, it should change your perspective towards vidya some what and make it easier to love them.

>if someone who likes to party goes out even once a month
>once a month
why the hell are you going on so many parties?

Try a competitive game and set yourself a goal, like playing csgo or dota/lol and trying to get to global elite / diamond or whatever

vidya is probably cheaper now than it's ever been, especially inflation adjusted

not to mention all the literally free games out there, some of which are actual quality (path of exile, etc.)

it's not me i'm just illustrating a lower bound. people who "like to party" do it every week, not once a fucking month. jesus.

Summary please? Don't really wanna watch a 13 minute college assignment unless I know the subject matter.

well how much are you spending on coke a year

OP here. I make 2400 a month. My rent is only 450, and all other bills/food probably add up to another 500. I have zero savings and since I don't do much else, I estimate roughly 1400 goes to nights out, booze, drugs...

>once a month
>a lot
come on user

How does adding another addiction make things cheaper? You'd just be tacking on video games to your alcohol and cocaine spending.

The point is switching them, not tacking them on. It's worth trying.

play a lot of vidya and if you're not a little kid or an autist manchild you'll become bored of the outcome programming of it and find something better to do

It doesn't work that way bud.

try an MMO, vanilla wow, OSRS, maybe EVE if you wanna go full neckbeard.

isn't cocaine a chemical addiction though?

well depending on if you play on pc or not (which I would recommend because you can easily pirate games) you could spend that much on the pc alone.

Play Tetris, that shit's addictive as fuck. It makes cocaine look like powdered sugar by comparison.

as is addiction to immediate dopamine release. why does everyone stare at screens now. fucking junkies

the feeling after finishing a truly great game is very similar to the feelings of a soldier who returns home after finishing his rotation. this is mainly because our brains love to be in dangerous situations.

although video games can't produce the same intense experience as combat situations or speeding down a motor way provides, they're still very capable of speaking to us in an emotional level.

the value of a video game is not inherent in the game itself, but at that which is put at hazard.

Do I need to buy a new PC every month? I'm pretty sure gamers don't spend 14k on gaming every single year.

Fair enough. I know when I play chess it can get very intense and I love the feeling of winning.

loot boxes bro. start streaming your face and overreacting.

Video games aren't much healthier, and it's not cheap either, even if you buy them for dirt cheap from a sketchy as fuck gray market.
>t. big guy (4u) who used to play vidya 12-15hrs/day and spends around $1200/yr on games

Get addicted on going instead. Do some hiking/camping, enjoy nature. Significantly cheaper after the initial investments.

Attached: OC-g-Battlestation-2018-01-01.jpg (1920x1080, 725K)