/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

-Reminder that powerlifting is a hobby, not a sport.

Approved Intermediate Programs for PLG

>Bro Tier (trying hard, having sex, loving life required)
5th Set (great for late intermediates)
5/3/1 (read the book bitch)
Westside for Skinny Bastards
Madcow Intermediate (great for early intermediates)
Destroy the Opposition (J. Lewis)
Cube Kingpin
The Cube (+ Predator)
Conjugate (max effort + dynamic + repetition)
Spotoshot (bench only)
Texas Method 4-day Split Model from PPST.
Juggernaut Method 2.0 (a more periodized 5/3/1)

>Nerd Tier (must have high IQ)
RTS Generalized Intermediate
RTS Emerging Strategies
Nuckols Average to Savage
Nuckols 28 Free
GZCL
TSA 9 Week
HLM (Heavy Light Medium)
Blevins Skynet AI
Juggernaut AI

>Meme Tier (might work if you love memes)
*NEW* Hepburn x Sheiko Blend (pending testing)
Candito 6 Week
Texas Method 3-Day
Texas Method Trappy Version
Sheiko (great if you're in meet prep)
The Bridge
Smolov Jr.
Bulgarian/Bugenhagen Method
Slavic Swole
nSuns 5/3/1 (written by a 1200 lb totaling Redditor)
Hepburn "Power and Pump"
Programming 2 Win (by Jack Black)

>Voluntary Ever-Late-Beginner
Barbell Medicine

>Retard Cuck-Tier
PH3 (need a tourniquet to choke yourself, and it has a 100% injury rate)

*all of these programs work (except PH3), but the effort and attitude of the athlete is most important

Attached: gay.png (1069x1054, 1.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/ByswzcFHjVS/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25180773
youtu.be/zKL5Hc3aV1c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if I do ohp amrap but start blacking out on the 5th rep so I rack and then 0.5 second later unrack and do 4 more, can I say I did 9 reps or is that lying

legends die

Attached: 1551151092666.webm (480x480, 2.88M)

Why aren't the spotters women? It's 2019 after all

>id rather watch anime
>120 bench and no sex
Checks out

Have sex

B-b-b-buh muh bbc

> WAWTT
> WAWET
> WAWLTT
> WAWFT

Attached: 1539912298737.jpg (956x1195, 289K)

Squat: 300 4x5
Paused deads: 365-390 5x2
Rear delt flyes
Goblet squats
Hanging leg raises

>He didn't just bench 168.1818 (repeating of course) in some shit commercial gym while traveling, and watch anime and have sex last night
user cmon

>Goblet squats
These would be great if there was handy way to load them heavy, even if you do 20 reps you can soon grab a +50kg dumbbell which are all inconvenient in size and trouble ensues.

That’s where the landmine comes in handy

How does the load distribution compare with landmine setup? Reason I like Goblet Squat is that the load distribution is just great, and closest comparable setting is belt squat. But I don't like belt squat because your back is not engaging it as much (as by design of belt squat..)

You have to sit back a little more but it’s easier to load heavy

You'd probably have to combo belt squat with front squats before or after if you really wanted both aspects, or maybe get a length adaptor to the belt squat to a handle you can hold like a dumbell. I can somewhat fit my gym's 120lbs dumbells under my chin but I also doubt I would ever use them for more than just minor assistance or warm-up.

Pls be kg

Why did this happen?

I wish, but it's my light day this week. Recovery between equipped sessions

Who the hell knows

Cruising or off cycle.

Attached: 1553638438855.webm (480x480, 1.79M)

People are saying he cut a bunch of weight travelling and possibly for better wilks. Other people are saying he bombed to avoid getting popped like Kelly, but I doubt he would endanger his life like that since he got hurt

finally hit the limit
peaked too early
travel hit him harder than expected
bad steron cycle
hard to say. I thought that his performance at last years worlds was indication that he was hitting his limit, but the Arnold made me turn around on that. I've never seen Ray look this shaky and nothing that he posted over the last month indicated that training was going poorly for him.
I think we'll probably just have to wait for him to post his explanation

Where is Westside vs the World part 2? Excellent documentary but Louie obviously has anti-social personality disorder and narcissism in the mix too. It was always about him and nobody else. The coaching is just a facade.

We can speculate

You reckon this dude roids? How strick is testing within the ipf/usapl

>Popped like kelly
Pls explain senpai

just an update. went from 210Kg x1 deadlift -> 250Kgx4 deadlift since January and shooting for 300Kg by the end of this year. Does anyone have any experience with snatch-grip? Currently running them and got 250Kg and want 260Kg in a month.

Testing is pretty strict. In comp and especially out of comp for top lifters.

>Kelly
Kelly Branton, Canada's SHW like Ray is the US's, got popped for 4 different PEDs like a day or two ago. Out of comp testing caught him.

fat nigger

>You reckon this dude roids?
he may test clean, but there's no fuckin way he's natty. He'd probably a freakishly talented lifter even without them, but he's superhuman with them.
>Popped like kelly
instagram.com/p/ByswzcFHjVS/
>oh no how did these druggos get in my body

> finally hit the limit
The way Ray squatted 470kg/1030lbs just 13 days ago shows Ray hasn't hit any limit.
> peaked too early
Possible, but you don't still shake with legitimate submax weight.

Attached: 1543572265440.webm (480x480, 2.75M)

Well. He didn't confess to steroids like that Canuck.

Attached: 1545371289344.png (1419x612, 781K)

Nah bro full natty just like ronnie coleman claimed when he competed

I guarantee theres some degree of corruption with that testing, ray has a 490kg squat under his belt, theres no way the dude doesnt roid.
Maybe thats why he bombed this meet, shit got strict, ray caught wind of it, panicked off cycle and bombed as a consequence of coming off

He'll probably say he got tired from traveling or had a lot of sleepless nights or whatever dumbbassery people will eat up

I don't understand. Do they really not do piss tests in this sport? Or does he stay off the juice long enough so that his piss is clean?

Ray's still even among roiders (if we assume he does) one of a kind. 490kg squat, next closest is 470kg.

I mean it's not the Olympics, so I doubt the corruption is nearly as bad as you think it is. He could be a roider, all we know is that he pisses clean every time so he's natty enough. Don't forget that he's 25% bf at 180 kg bw. Dude is an absolute fucking monster.

They do

Ray is IPF marketing tool, they don't want to burn him if they don't have to.

yeah, I'm probably wrong on that one.
guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens at Raw Nats.

When are they?

This month I'll just bench and press like a bro. Lots of sets until I feel sore

>jewish boss of doping agency
>popping nonwhites for sterons
Ray Williams was warned by wada

>Dude is an absolute fucking monster
Without a doubt, and I hope he didn't injure himself. His limping looked worrying. He still needs to squat the 500kg

You don't just lose 10kg+ of bodyweight ike that. I'm willing to bed he got sick.

I just spooned and cuddled a girl half naked for 16 fucking hours straight and it was singlehandedly the sweatiest, arm numbing, most sleep deprived night of my life.

why did nobody warn me

Attached: pp,550x550.u1.jpg (522x550, 46K)

Don't you love it when you're it buying some meaty boys to grill with frens tonight, and then one of those once in a decade summer storms hits? It's absolutely crazy the whole city and surroundings is a giant traffic jam, streets flooded to shit.

But I don't give a fuck if it's still raining later I am learned how to use grill, and I will grill tonight. I am a M A N nature is my bitch not the other way around.

Attached: 1560610063978810.jpg (2000x1500, 420K)

Rack pulls (midshin/below knee) are so hard. Genuinely harder than any off-the-floor variation I've tried.

That's what happens when you're not used to sleeping in the same bed as somebody else. It gets better.

Rack pulls are shit.

But I practice with my bodypillow every night.

>rack pulls
improvise some blocks and save a barbell, asshole.
but yeah, mid shin pulls are miserable. quad drive is gone, glutes and hamstrings are in a shortened state so hip extension is weak too. they fucking suck

damn novikov got fucked out of the finals

I hope it gets better quick, cause she's coming back tonight.
I'm not sure I'm ready ;_;

Sad! Brian won that group and got to finals directly.

rack-pulls below the knee took my deadlift from 210Kgx1 -> 250Kgx4 in 22 weeks.

My fuck look at this

Attached: VID-20190615-WA-VideoToMp4.webm (448x800, 2.33M)

Did you take the film? Where do you even live

bro

holy shit
that seems pretty unsafe

Ride it like a water slide

Doesn't matter, not the same as a person.

Took me 2-3 times to figure it out. Take some melatonin or diphenhydramine, or have rough sex for 2+ hours if you're really concerned.

Posted in old thread hy mistake

>but yeah, mid shin pulls are miserable. quad drive is gone, glutes and hamstrings are in a shortened state so hip extension is weak too. they fucking suck

Yeah it's quite miserable position to be in, but they're in the program so forwaaaard.

I know that feel

are you there watching it?

some guy streamed on instagram
t.different

fuck i wish i had known they're doing that

They're not but some fans are breaking the rules to stream

Based, the organization is shit for not producing high quality stream.

Just tell her u wanna sleep in another position i absolute beta jesus christ wtf

That's the entrance to an underground parking lot, it's probably the "safest" place to be right now if not at home. There's several floors for all the water to drain to, so as long as you don't get carried away by the current you'll be ok, just wait it out.
You can't just walk outside, pic related at my house right now, hail pellets the size of my fat fingers.

My sister sent me that video, she got it from a friend who's got a car in there. He won't be getting it out anytime soon, apparently the police said in the bottom floor of the parking lot there's over 1 m of water.

Attached: 1560618520588992.jpg (1500x2000, 378K)

>making threads early still
ADHD faggot OP
History started in 1776. Go Obie. Go Kearney

Attached: murica3.jpg (707x490, 41K)

What makes you think I laid in the same position all night wtf I'd be dead

>Go Obie. Go Kearney
both got eliminated lol

i think your toilet is broken

Attached: 1467657091603.jpg (240x232, 7K)

Both of them are already eliminated. Brian and Trey Mitchell are in the final

>literally every single one still on their phones

OP is still a faggot at least.

>apparently the police said in the bottom floor of the parking lot there's over 1 m of water
goddamn

Attached: 1509380312787.jpg (518x620, 54K)

>full natty just like ronnie coleman claimed when he competed
It blows my mind that retards don't understand that these guys HAVE to deny using gear.

What do you bros think of Hybrid performance method? Thinking of using one of their programs

> when you didn't get the memo about flat back

Attached: 1553199995129.png (794x914, 737K)

He's using a suit and he's a SHW. Those two factors absolutely wreck deadlift starting positoning

This Westside not your faggot incel gym. Remember this.

>tfw louie simmons will never buy me breakfast

it might work or it might be a meme program promoted by roiders.

He would say he is paying but in the end you will need to pay and do the dishes, then Louie kicks you out.

First and foremost, it's important to understand that pain and disability, at least where the back is concerned, is as much related to psychosocial factors as it is biomechanical factors. What does this mean? In brief, it means those people who panic and overthink pain and injury and nitpick deadlift form on the intarwebs are more likely to suffer persistent pain and potentially disability from minor tweaks related to the back (and be weak, besides). This is documented well enough that fear-avoidance behavior ("I shouldn't do things that might make my back pain worse.") is a strong predictor of recovery. It's also well documented that catastrophizing symptoms after injury (or even before) is associated with greater pain, more persistent pain, and worse functional recovery.

Now that isn't to say you should go out and catback without a care in the world. That would simply be foolish. It means you should not be afraid to move, to lift, and to do the things you enjoy, that you shouldn't assume that every little tweak is going to cripple you for life.

tl:dr being a cuck who worries about form too much literally leads to more injury

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25180773

Lying. Learn to breathe

Why is it back only? Is it because your spine is basically your central nervous system, which your brain can cuck?

>lost balance at top of last rep of last set for paused deads
>did another rep so my last rep would be clean
>came in under recommended RPE
Who here /devilish/

>25% bf
Dude is WAY above 25, id say 30 at the very least.

His size is a bigger indicative of roid use than a lack of use imo. As to maintain that size is pretty brutal in on itself

Yeah user you should explain that to him I'm sure with your expertise he will listen

how can they avoide being busted? all these years and testing was negative

I was being sardonic about the whole flatback debate, dont take everything in Jow Forums at face value.

No, he's actually slightly under. He was used as a participant for a study. And I dunno dude, compared to strongmen (who obviously abuse drugs) around his height and weight, his body composition is pretty shit

Using drugs that aren't tested for, cycling off, or just not starting until they actually get caught

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-134135.png (1440x2560, 382K)

> when you are a Very Fat Person

Attached: 1555375014677.png (1056x1081, 1.31M)

It's cultural. They grow up surrounded by fat asses who are always "throwing their back out" from lifting 25lbs boxes so they become paranoid about their back.

Squuuissh squigggly ploploplop squish ploploplop plop!

WEEW like rapid fire

Squiiishs sploooosh

SPLOOOOOOOSH

DROPPP SPLASH!

Rrrrr brrrpft sqploooossshhh splaaat plop

Stink factor on this Norman khan is minimal, 1.1/10

I am looking for a research showing the effect of air temperature on strength performance. I mean, everyone can notice, that if there is 40*C outside and AC doesnt work you wont be able to do the same volume of work, as if it were 15*C. Can anyone tell me where is temperature gradient cut-off? I have had enough of wasting workouts and then repeating them, when it is colder.

Yes.

Ayyy my squats didn't fall apart by the end this week :)
youtu.be/zKL5Hc3aV1c

just drink water and take salt lol

>strongman obviously abuse roids
>guy with world record strength and same weight as top strongman while having only 24%bf is probably natty

Doesnt get any more delusional than that desu

I didn't say probably natty, but he's definitely not on nearly as many, he's much weaker than they are on all lifts except squat, and his body composition isn't even close to theirs. There's plausible deniability in his case.