THIS IS NOT A DRILL

HALO ON STEAM IS IMMINENT. BASED MICROSOFT.

Attached: [erect penis noises].png (961x515, 727K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/halospv3/comments/6umz3f/spv31_released_all_new_install_method_11_missions/
halo2.online/download/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PLEASE BE REAL PLEASE BE REAL PLEASE BE REAL GOD FUCK DONT HU*RT ME MAN DONT LIE PLS

Attached: 1539998742162.jpg (620x589, 50K)

GOD I LOVE YOU OP I CAN CONFIRM THIS IS REAL ITS COMING SOON I FUCKING LOVE YOU
im this poster right here

Attached: temp MC collection.jpg (971x671, 77K)

Halo is a console game. It was made to mimick real FPS games on the PC at the time but simplified everything so the console audience could play it. Why would anyone on PC want this tripe?

>caring about halo
The games weren't ever even that good. What a meme.

you fucking nigger. I'll gut you with my energgy sword after I'm done fucking Cortana

I remember that I loaned a friend in HS my copy of Halo PC (original) and he never returned it. Scumbag

Because counterstrike isn't and was never good. It's the most repetitive and bland shooter on the market. The only reason people play it is because they like to tell others they play PC games. Same with league of normies.

Unironically nostalgia is what's made me go back and replay the older halo games and that's what's going to do it for me here

Name one (1) fps out right now that you'd consider better that has at least a quadruple digit number of players. And if you say counter strike I'll laugh in your face.

Do you guys know what this means?
KINECTIMALS IS NOW THE BEST 360 EXCLUSIVE!

It also came out on the PC

I am happy for you user, I wish I felt this much about anything. I hope you have a lot of fun

yeah i started r9k right after my halo phase so this brings me back

There's a hell of a lot more FPS games than counterstrike that never made it to consoles. Consoles got some versions of Doom but they never got the motherlode of all the FPS games that defined the genre.

I never really considered it that way. How is halo simplified compared to other fps games at the time? Honest question because I'm a brainlet

>videogames
who gives a shit

glad someone said it. csgo is the most boring dull shit to ever become an "esport"

League is at least fun with friends a few times a week. I literally fall asleep in csgo matches

>he didn't play combat evolved on pc
zoomer detected

Attached: 1.png (658x849, 1.36M)

Everything was slowed down do accomodate the console's controller look speeds. Also the player was given a regenerating safety net to keep them from taking too much damage.

On PC games, you could hold upwards of 10 guns at once, as all you'd need to do to switch to them was scroll the mouse wheel or press a number key. In halo though, you can hold a max of 2 guns to make it easier to switch between them.

Then there's the multiplayer aspect. Some games had 64 vs 64 players but this was way too much for console so I think it was limited to something like 4 players (?) max in Halo 1 and it wasn't even online.

>muh YouTube, 4chinz, reddit and discord is better
Eat dick, you dont even need that good of a pc to play decent games, shit like battleblock theater, castle crashers, stick fight, boring man, magicka 1 and 2, enter the gungeon, binding of Isaac, terraria, Minecraft and several others

do you know what website you're on? Go to reddit where niche topics are sorted into specific subs you autist

Thanks for answering. I totally agree about your first and second points. I'm pretty sure halo 1 had 16 player multiplayer, but the net code was complete shit. Its 4 player coop though?

There are plenty of shooter games with 2 gun limits now, I wonder if they just followed suit or if there's a reasoning behind designing it that way past realism. Maybe multiplayer combat is bland when you can pick up and hold anything and everything?

There is now literally no reason to own a hexbox.

>you can hold a max of 2 guns to make it easier to switch between them.
I agree with you here.

Actually think about what holding 10 guns at once in Halo would do. Imagine if someone walked around with a rocket launcher, sniper rifle, BR, AR, needler, spartan laser, sword, and shotgun. It would be retarded outside of party custom games

The two weapon limit doesn't really "oversimplify" things, it forces you to make a conscious decision about what you're holding and encourages teamwork by cycling weapon spawns and delegating guns to the teammates who use them best. The person you're responding to, while a little bit correct, is a dipshit and couldn't articulate his point to save his life. Halo has a metagame and mechanics on par with any other shooter out right now

On top of that even if you think the gameplay is objectively bad to say that there's no demand might be one of the most braindead things I've ever seen on this site. Eldewrito, a completely fan made mod that got slapped with a C&D, still saw enough players to rival some modern titles with bona fide publishers behind them

stop being a fag and mind your own business

Attached: 1552075922334.jpg (320x320, 13K)

Don't know why OP didn't post the link. You can find it on the Steam store right now: store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/

There's something about CSGO I just find repulsive for some reason but I cant quite describe it; I only have 80 hours on that compared with 800+ on six siege and 200 on cs source (back in 2008). I don't know if it's the focus on esports, the graphics/presentation, the maps, the focus on skins, etc but I can't stand more than 2 matches on that even with friends

>regenerating safety net to keep them from taking too much damage
I see you've never played Halo

The first two came out on in the PC you dingus

So there's no regenerating shield in halo? ok, buddy.

>master chief collection
You can already play Halo 1-3 for free my guy. You don't need this buggy abortion of a vidya.

this means servers will be alive again

will probably jump right to the top 10 steam games

Never forget the original release of this collection. It was barely fucking playable, and something tells me this won't be much different.

>he didn't have recon
lmaoing @ ur life

>You can already play Halo 1-3 for free my guy
?

Everyone got Recon when 3 was given to Gold members for free.

>will probably jump right to the top 10 steam games

Yeah.... No.. lol Some dated console game is in no way going to even be noticed by the average pc gamer. If anything this is more of a "ew why's here" kind of moment if anything. Microsoft is scrambling to make some money after Windows 8 9(?) and 10 flopped miserably. AOE Definitive was sold only on win10 and the game died before the doors opened. kek So this is there way of saying hey guys we're still relevant I swear. So what if xbox is officially dead. So what if hololense costs more than 99% of the population makes in a month. So what if we are no longer in the game, buy our dated garbage!!!!!

>Halo 1
>reddit.com/r/halospv3/comments/6umz3f/spv31_released_all_new_install_method_11_missions/
>cd key: mcxmm-y29c6-dr36c-b6w4t-t9p73
Note that the continue button is broken, just select the chapter you're on in chapter select to continue
>Halo 2
>halo2.online/download/
Meant to say 1-2. 3 is unavailable.

>Some dated console game is in no way going to even be noticed by the average pc gamer.
the sheer ignorance of this statement

rofl youre retarded

>what is a radial menu

If Oldschool Runescape (2007, same as halo 3) was on steam it would easily be the 3rd most played game at the moment, at peak times, perhaps better. There is plenty of appetite for older games and halo 3 is one of the most beloved and demanded of them.

I have spent the entire week trying to de-hype myself by repeating
>it'll be a W10 exclusive, I'll have to use their stupid store to download stupid things instead of being a dinosaur with W7 and change is bad
BUT THE FUCKERS PUT IT ON STEAM
FUCK
NOW I HAVE HOPE
I DON'T LIKE HOPE

this is gonna be brutal, halo 3 coop for the rest of my miserable life

grinding achievements and completing the game solo legendary, bring it on nigger

Pitying your life right now.

Runescape was and always will be the soiboy version of the Diablo series. Anyone who focused on games like soiscape or maplesoi were the lowest tier cucks of society. A bunch of chinamen with gold farming bots do not make the majority of pc gamers on steam.

Oh no. If this is real I'll probably fail out of uni.

Attached: 0da.jpg (640x499, 62K)

It's real. Bless this day.

Thank you for this. This made a shit day no longer shit.

Halo Online has no mechanism to ban me for screaming racial slurs with my friends online tho

Attached: 1482046373497.jpg (640x640, 51K)

halo 3 on PC is gonna b good. Hopefully it doesn't require Win10

something not in Halo.

So you're the one who hasn't played it. Now there's an ironic twist.

this is what ive waited all my life for man
halo 3 on pc yo what the fuckkk
im so happy now

Attached: 38husm3od7l21.jpg (765x768, 62K)

Its coming with reach and odst too apparently, if either of those are your style, but I played a lot of halo 3 so I'm pretty fuckin jazzed too pal

Halo 2 double team was the thing back then. after it was SWAT. man i miss these games.

brx
brx
brx

Old games are the new thing right now. The people with expendable cash and free time are millennial whites who aren't having kids. Old-school RuneScape, classic wow, and now Halo. It's no coincidence, it's the market adjusting.

How come so much of the discussion on Halo nowadays revolves on nostalgia as opposed to newer games? Really makes you think

Ded gaem

>all those years ago watching bullshit videos on how to make halo 3 run on pc, half of them just being a video of a guy putting a halo 3 disk on top of his pc

I can't believe after all this time my dead dreams are coming to life in front of my eyes

Attached: 534847978000.jpg (3264x2448, 1.05M)

Fucking take my money

Sup ryan my guy

Only someone who never actually played it would describe the first game's shield as a "regenerating safety net to keep them from taking too much damage"

It's essentially a slower Quake. There is a dearth in the market for a decent arena-type shooter. Additionally there is the nostalgia factor.

It's what I'd rather play at the moment. There's not much on the market in terms of an arena shooter at the moment, at least that are popular. Modern military shooters, military sims, battle royale, etc I've never particularly enjoyed comparatively.

why fukk didn't all the halo dudes jump at the chance at enjoying Lawbreakers, which was the best arena shooter of the second half of the decade

counter strike. are you laughing?

But Cs is on console?

>half of them just being a video of a guy putting a halo 3 disk on top of his pc
That takes me back, user.
>how to put Halo 2 on a Gamecube

Unironically hyped for this. I want to play Halo 3 online again so badly. Life's starting to look good for once.

Attached: 1508541830511.jpg (600x600, 69K)

Halo is fun and very diverse in its gameplay. It quite like a canvas for the creative mind. CS is literally the same thing over and over and over again. Plant bomb. Shoot guy. Be a faggot. Halo = high openness = high IQ. CS = low openness = low IQ.

Attached: 30950928-Full2.jpg (1536x1152, 749K)

The fix will take 2 years. Yey.

Best Halo's always been here

Attached: 1529911850098.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

The contrarian niggas have arrived with their superior gentleman opinions, and only 3 posts in to make it happen.

>it's real

Looking forward to playing halo with my friends again. Kind of a shame halo 1&2 will be anniversary, I kind of liked the old look and cutscenes.

Attached: 1548220778846.png (890x806, 380K)

With the anniversary editions you can change between the old graphics and remastered ones.

Halo 1-3 is a majestic story and wonderful multiplayer experience. It being ported to PC where it will be spread and live on for the future brings immense joy to my heart.

how is this an r9k thing?

If everyone has big health bars then its not a casualizing thing, it just means you need to have more consistent aim.

So is it packaged as one game? Or many individual games? If I start it do I only run one executable and play the entire series seamlessly start to finish?

It is Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 3 ODST.

Halo 4 as well, but that game is fucking shit and not canon. Halo 3 is the end of the kino trilogy.

Download multiplayer for halo 1, it's made for both.
I've lanned both pc and xbox over the years, graphics differ that's it.

Attached: 1537844594633.gif (500x591, 1007K)

Said the silver

God, Halo 2 was so bad that I ragequit the series. I'd rather have the Doom 2 shareware disk injected directly into my veins than have to endure that shit again.

>requires xbox live account
RIP

I hope it has halo reach with the dlc enabled. I want to play on the noble map pack again. Those were some of the best maps in the game.

My step sister never let me play her Xbox, so I'm going to buy this immediately when it gets out just to dab on the cunt

Attached: tenor.gif (498x359, 408K)