Neet/Hikikomori General Thread

What have you Neets and Hikis been up to?

>Neet

>The acronym for (Not In Education Employment Or Training)

>Hikikomori

>Hikikomori is a Japanese term when translated into English it means pulling inward being confined (acute social withdrawal) in context of a person the term refers to a shut-in who stays home and lives in isolation in their bedroom for 6 months or more

>Most hikikomori are neets and are supported by their parents or get money from the government however if you work or take classes online at home while still not going outside and having very little or no social interaction you are still a hikikomori but not a neet

>Contrary to popular belief most hikikomori go outdoors but are just isolated socially and still spend most of the day and nearly every single day confined at home in their rooms

>The Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare of Japan defines hikikomori as those who have lived in isolation in their bedrooms for at least 6 months do not attend school or leave to go to work have no physical injury or mental disorder as the cause of their isolation have no close friends or few friends (If any) and do not communicate with people besides the people they live with such as family members

>The Hikikomori Criteria and Diagnosis

>1. Subject spends most of the day confined at home, nearly every single day.

>2. Subject purposefully avoids social situations and social relationships

>3. Subject shows clear significant functional impairment,

>4. Subject shows social withdrawal symptoms for .a duration of 6 months or more

>5. Subject has no physical condition nor other psychological problem that is the cause of the social withdrawal

>While hikikomori is mostly a Japanese phenomenon cases of the condition have been found in other countries

People who go to work school or have a social life are not hikikomori.

People who go to work/school are not Neet

Attached: 22c72a6e93f1759e9a1a98b4cd8c5561ad5f777d6cb24906ce21c0f3c88a0650.jpg (577x684, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

americanhikikomoridotblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/04/what-hikikomori-is-and-what-it-isnt/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikikomori
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God please show me a way to became a NEET

Attached: received_356039138580977.jpg (720x692, 32K)

>God please show me a way to became a NEET

Just quit your job and get on welfare or leech off your parents.

>tfw a hikki
>never left my house in 6 months
>born in shitty asian country where neetbux doesnt exist
>parents kicking me out in 3 months
Yep just let me kms already

Attached: 1552289226398.gif (346x360, 97K)

>welfare
>leeching of parents
They don't exist. Any other options?

>Graduate highschool
>Dad gets me a job at his work
>Tells me if I quit or get fired he'll kick me out of the house

All I want to do is be a neet and not have to worry about anything, why is life so painful

wow babeeeee
we killed mag and got up to 5/6 on ssc last week

Are you a Japanese person user?

Listen to how much of a bitch you sound like. I'm not going to pull the whole "there are people living in the dirt in africa" thing but jesus you need to appreciate how easy your life is. You were literally given a job. Being a neet is not a good thing. Life isn't about being comfortable in bed 24/7. You have a good dad. Your life is not painful, you are just weak.

Attached: 1550432015490.jpg (409x409, 90K)

Thank you for reading me the wiki page on hikikomoris user. Been NEET and hikki for 7 years. Getting out more often now, maybe an hour and a half a week. How do you guys keep yourselves entertained? Anime, youtube, a little reading here and there, and posting/chatting online is all I have. Also spending as little time sober as possible.

>5. Subject has no physical condition nor other psychological problem that is the cause of the social withdrawal

Neet Fail. Social withdrawal does have psychological root cause

nope you either have to be a hobo or a wagie

>Neet Fail. Social withdrawal does have psychological root cause

making someone become a hikikomori as many mental disorders do develop in childhood and could very well be a contributing factor in the individuals social withdrawal it is never the direct cause of the isolation according to the Japanese Ministry of Health Labour And Welfare in 2013 hikikomori is NOT a disease Mental Illness unlike depression Researchers have in fact demonstrated the existence of primary hikikomori a hikikomori that does not have a mental illness at all hikikomori generally speaking has one main cause and one main cause only social and societal pressure.

Read this

americanhikikomoridotblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/04/what-hikikomori-is-and-what-it-isnt/

He said shitty.

I'm fucked then.
It's all so tiresome

Attached: L9MlEPw.jpg (807x659, 37K)

Very interesting I didn't consider cultural differences. I have no idea what it's like to grow up in Japan

same as me lol
>dad gets me a job working with his boss
>I work for like a week and call him a greedy dutch jew and quit, destroying thousands of dollars of equipment on the way out.
>Now I am a neet playing vidya all day :)

Attached: 1508882935362.jpg (1080x1080, 66K)

>Very interesting I didn't consider cultural differences. I have no idea what it's like to grow up in Japan

Hikikomori is not a Japanese only thing anymore social and societal pressure exist everywhere.

im still looking for a job, i dont know why i dont find one, is like people can smell i a loser trough my resume or something

>He said shitty.

Mainland China?

specifically how old are you? do you have any skills?

Do you mind sharing the backstory to this user?

listena non,being a neet may sound cool but is not really worth it,it destroys your mind, i constantly figthing suicide, i cant have normal relationship with anyone anymore, and i dont have any kind of real controlover my life, not i have any idea of what t do with it if i had it. so yeah, dont become a neet, we are trash

Dumbest shit I have read in a while. Hikikomorism isn't a mental illness because Japan doesn't have proper mental health services. Make no mistake if any of these Japanese hikkis lived in the west they would be diagnosed with agoraphobia, depression, and probably several other mental illnesses. Most modern mental illness is caused by societal pressure, it exists in the context of our modern commodified societies. The guy who wrote this knows nothing of psychology or even his own condition.

From what I get:
>trauma
>hiki
>resulting mental illness

is not always in that order,being a hiki is not a mental illness per se, but it can be caused by mental illness,so sometimes is like this
>mental illness
>truma
>hiki
and sometimesis like this
>mentalillness
>hiki
>even more mental illness

It's hard to tell, usually it stems from a learning disability, trauma, or mental illness that develops in adolescence. This plus the societal rejection of young men, and the lack of any clear heroic ideal, leaves us lost. So we isolate and our problems become worse and worse, finding ourselves in a rut we may never get out of. Ending up in this weird headspace that is almost a mental illness unto itself, which many other mental illnesses are a symptom of.

But these say otherwise

lol at least you know english? isn't that a valuable skill in asian countries lol

Attached: ....png (262x239, 55K)

So does it or does it not have psychological root cause?

You are a fucking idiot most hikikomori were not mentally ill prior to their isolation and the only reason Japanese hikikomori appear mentally ill is because they ended up that way due to the isolation and like the page says hikikomori is not agoraphobia nor social anxiety it is its own unique condition and while many mental health disorders do develop in childhood and could very much play a role in someone becoming a hikikomori it is not the direct cause of the isolation the direct cause with hikikomori is always social pressure plus not all hikikomori have a mental disorder Primary hikikomori are a thing.

>So does it or does it not have psychological root cause?

The psychiatrist Tamaki Saito defines hikikomori as a state that has become a problem by the late twenties, that involves cooping oneself up in ones own home and not participating in society for six months or longer, but that does not seem to have another psychological problem as its principal source.

>5. No apparent physical or mental etiology to account for the social withdrawal symptoms.

Taken from Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikikomori

im not really a hikikomori but god im in desperate need for someone to get me out of this 3rd world shite hole
im as good as dead now so i would mind gambling with my life and going with a creep in a better country and start a new life desu

the country where I live you can only get welfare 1/2 the amount of time you have been employed. After that you can only have very little money while authorities bother you all the time.

>the country where I live you can only get welfare 1/2 the amount of time you have been employed. After that you can only have very little money while authorities bother you all the time.

That sucks

Source, yes, however isolation like this begets neuroticism and mental illness. I think that if this was reviewed by more western psychologists it would be thrown into the DSM/ICD due to how difficult it impedes your ability to function.

That's only because hikikomori as a medical diagnoses does not exist outside Japan although the condition itself absolutely does and there has been talk about bringing hikikomori into western psychology but nothing has happened yet.

>im still looking for a job,

Why?