This seems like taking credit for something that was changing on its own

this seems like taking credit for something that was changing on its own

Attached: gt.jpg (450x239, 11K)

What changed, then?

My guess is nuclear weapons and American hegemony.

>what is Korea, Iraq and Afghanistan

Mostly the destruction that modern warfare can cause. Before WW1 most wars didn't exceed 100k casualties.

They're not in the EU.

>what is the korean war
>what is Vietnam
>what is desert storm
>what is Afghanistan
>what is the Syrian conflict
>what are the troubles
>what was Chinese communist totalitarianism taking hold
What is every other minor war that has happened in the last century.

>naming many non-european wars in a post about peace in europe
Good job missing the point

It's about Europa your brainlet

They're talking about europe

Blame america for those

The EU hasn't prevented war in Europe in any form. This image only applies if you have a massive autistic asterisk next to it saying "only member states at time that they're a member state etc"

Attached: bf7 (1).jpg (587x647, 79K)

>Yugoslavia dissolved peacefully

>members of the same political co-operative haven't declared war on each other in awhile
good for them

Not meant for you sorry user. Need to wake up

Why should the eu be blamed for wars not caused by member states? Obviously they're not implying their mere existence prevents wars, but their cooperation in the union amongst member states does

>They're talking about europe

>Northern Ireland
>Ukraine
>Yugoslav wars
>Cold war conflicts (invasion of Czechoslovakia etc)
>Basque

The war in Ukraine was directly caused by member states of the EU.

>Obviously they're not implying their mere existence prevents wars
Yes they are.

But the countries that fought in those wars are. And I'm fairly sure the pic includes wars fought mostly overseas and wars against the Ottomans and Russia, which aren't in the EU either.

>inb4 they weren't Germany or France so they don't count

Yeah even if you only count wars fought between EU members and within the EU there's still the Troubles

>Russia invading Ukraine is caused by EU
Vladimir pls

Yes. Ukraine was just chilling out one day with no interference from the EU at all when Russia randomly decided to invade Crimea. The invasion wasn't caused by anything the EU had done they just randomly decided to pop over to Ukraine. lol cracking banter.

>2019
>Still thinking the taking of Crimea was unprovoked

It was the Ukrainian people wanting to join the EU that made Russia intervene.

>It was the Ukrainian people wanting to join the EU that made Russia intervene.
>Still believing this

The US and EU member states supported the putsch of Yanukovych in 2014. He was forced from offic outside the framework of the Ukrainian constitution, as non of the requirements of removing a sitting president was met. He was replaced with Poroshenko, who's government (which was illegitimate and propped up by US and EU member states) repeatedly threatened to open their economy to EU goods, and undercut Russian imports. Most importantly they threatened to end the leasing of Sevastopol to the Russian armed forces, which is the most important port to Russian security, the loss of which would severely undermine Russia's ability to defend itself.

tl;dr: Eu propped up illegitimate government in Ukraine, threatening Russian security in the Black Sea, to which Russia responded by seizing Crimea.

Are you implying that the elections were somehow rigged?

The elections that Poroshenko won were won after the 'invasion' of Crimea you spastic

I should clarify, Yanukovych was replaced with Poroshenko's party. Poroshenko wasn't in office until later.

Crimea should have never gone to Ukraine in the first place. Ethnically it was always Russian after the khanate was conquered and corn man Khrushchev only gave it to them because he was Ukrainian

So if he won, it shows that Ukrainian people want to join the EU

No it doesn't you fucking retard. Most people aren't single issue voters, especially not in Ukraine.

Only in some regions, and many of these are only in favour after all of the 'special interest' groups started springing up all over Ukraine pushing pro-EU anti-Russian propaganda, coincidentally after the west was denied an easy overthrow of Assad in Syria back in 2011.

He is right about the Troubles

Why aren't the troubles on the list since both UK and Ireland entered the EU in 1973.

You forgot to mention that Victoria Nuland bitch.

Because the 'no war in EU' statement is massively qualified and basically untrue.

>severely undermine Russia's ability to defend itself
I understand that Russia believes every nation that is not a Belarus-tier puppet state is preparing an imminent invasion but thats a bit of a stretch. Shall we cede the Saaremaa and Hanko naval bases because they were important cold war naval bases with plenty of imported Russians too? How about Georgia too while we're at it

Nevertheless, the will of the people was fulfilled. They wanted a pro-Western government and they got it. Yanukovich lost all legitimacy when he ran away anyways

How do you not understand the difference between being forced out and 'running away'. He didn't resign as president of Ukraine.

I'm not responding to you anymore because you're obviously a retard.

Why are there US Naval ships in the Baltic Sea complaining about Russian jets flying too close?

>70 years of peace
70 years since Jews fucked off to their country...

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-132627_Chrome.jpg (1080x1408, 316K)

None of those were ceded by Russia under legally dodgy circumstances and with a large ethnic Russian population.
Sevastopol has always occupied an extremely important place in Russian strategic interest in ways those other places haven't.

70 years of conflict since the Jews moved in the Middle East

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

>in some regions
That's how elections work
The pro-EU sentiment had more to do with the fact that Yanukovich decided not to sign a deal which would solidify Ukraine's will to enter the EU, or somethink, I think.
He was forced out by his own people.

And the western country with the most Jews has been the biggest warmonger in that period.

Attached: 16312203-low_res-press(1).jpg (1024x683, 171K)

>He was forced out by his own people.
He was forced out by a few tens of thousands of people from one part of the country, supported by EU and US. Mob rule =/= democracy

Why did he run away to Russia then, if it was just a few tens of thousands of people? He could have gone to Lviv or something, I'm sure people would have loved him there.

I think the other user is right, you seem a bit thick to be discussing any serious geo-politics without consistently making retarded points.

I'm not geopolitics nerd.

Actually at least in percentage (and I think in overall numbers too) Poland had far more jews than Germany

I'm referring the period of peace after the war and the US.

Attached: 16264919-low-.jpg (1200x800, 100K)

mob rule is exactly what democracy is. democracy is a functioning form of it. the ochlocracy is mob rule

Goddamn I would rail her potato nigger ass.
>that scene from season 4 where the knight watch tie her hands above her head and start talking about raping he
hnnnnnnggggggggggggggg

Attached: mecoom.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

>this seems like taking credit for something that was changing on its own
I think you're putting the cart before the horse: I think the implication is that European integration is the cause of peace, therefore the EU is the symptom of a peaceful Europe. In other-words:
>where there's EU there is Peace.

Everyone knows affluence makes people more conflict-adverse

Basque and NI may seem to be exceptions, but then again it was the elimination of the hard-border on the Irish island that ended the troubles, and the idea of a 'Europe of regions' where Spanish nations would enjoy greater autonomy under a continental confederation has been floated.

The USA? Originally ofc

>implying the Crimea government isn't an illegitimate Russian puppet government
You also believe it was Ukrainian rebels who shot down MH17 right?

Let's see your evidence Vladimir