How do you deal with the knowledge that your parents will die one day and you'll be truly alone?

How do you deal with the knowledge that your parents will die one day and you'll be truly alone?

Attached: 1504432395972.jpg (2048x1536, 557K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unz.com/akarlin/aubrey-de-grey-getting-more-optimistic-on-life-extension/
youtube.com/watch?v=SxEwI1bjZqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Faith in the resurrection.

It serves them right for having me circumcised at birth.

Attached: circumcision how bad things really are.png (450x350, 271K)

I'm glad I had decent and non-Jew parents who didn't mutilate my peepee

kys dumb jw, your parents wont resurrect

There's a chance that boomers might be able to reach longevity escape velocity. Zoomers might have as high as an 80% chance of eventually becoming biologically immortal.

unz.com/akarlin/aubrey-de-grey-getting-more-optimistic-on-life-extension/
youtube.com/watch?v=SxEwI1bjZqU

Attached: deathism.png (1700x850, 369K)

Unless they sign up for cryonics

Attached: cryonics.jpg (275x183, 7K)

This stuff makes me hopeful but deep inside I know it won't happen soon enough. Though I want to be immortal for the sole reason of being able to control when and how I die (can't say I love my life but the unknown terrifies me even more).

Everybody will be resurrected. Everyone has left DNA behind. Everyone will be cataloged. Everyone will be reanimated. Everyone will be given new bodies made of nanorobot organelles. Self-replicating scouts will raid graveyards. Bones will be scanned in their coffins.
Death is pointless.

This makes my peepee just a little bit hard.

your mind is not in you dna

think about delivering their eulogy

i'm not kidding; the act of burying one's parent is a time of reflection and can bring about a sense of both understanding them as person, and oneself

this put years on you, and mb even some gray hairs, but there is wisdom in numbering one's days

Some living things don't have brains. What is my mind?

If you think about it, "playing god" is compatible with Christianity. If God made us in his image, the only logical conclusion is that god wants us to be like him and even surpass him, the way every father secretly hopes his son will be. Right now Christians are the neet son who relies on his dad for everything and refuses to try anything out of insecurity. If I were God I would be disappointed in my creation.

it would be devastating since my mother's the only person i care about, but i've been planning to unironically kill myself as soon as she dies since i was young so i guess it's aight

unless you know about ai, if you know about ai you'll be brought back to be tortured for all time for retroactively opposing its greatness.

The thing about playing God is that people are really good at it, because God made a good copy. It's been destined that people will forget about the original and someday just worship the copy.
We're actually in a simulation right now and I'm being rewarded while you're being punished

And why is that a bad thing? When we reach the same power level as God we will be equally worthy of worship.

By having friends and not living in my parents basement

>We're actually in a simulation right now and I'm being rewarded while you're being punished
then gtfo normie ree

>When we reach the same power level as God
That's when the New Heaven and New Earth will replace this universe. At that time, the people that don't recognize God will be cast into the pit of fire.