MBTI Thread: Functions Are Confusing Edition

Why does it say I'm an INFJ if I'm Dom Fe and Aux Ni...?

Attached: MBTI Functions Test.png (1151x677, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0ZIpagJ6w6B
youtu.be/RfU8TUZRtZg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shitty OP, but I wanted a MBTI thread so I will take it.
Anyway, it's because your Se is noticeably the inferior function.

Because your Se is too weak, INFJ is the closest fit.

It is because you had a clear preference for introversion. Like over 80 percent.

anyone here wanna befriend an emo isfp girl

Intriguing but no.

*shrug* oh well i fuckin tried man

Attached: 1513401410250.jpg (1024x576, 58K)

haha I'm just joking, you're probably an ok person but fuck meeting people on Jow Forums.

So you have a discord?

>discordfags
Jesus F. Christ - FUCK OFF!!

Attached: 0B895024-8D3E-4D64-8A32-6B269E501FE1.jpg (160x160, 8K)

Said the namefag.

vocaroo.com/i/s0ZIpagJ6w6B

Guess my type.

Attached: 1538058505334.png (220x229, 5K)

Using names isn't against rules! UwU

Still cancer, just like emotes.

Hi INFJ-T user, I mentioned you in the short-lived last thread You sound like a silly person. ENFP.

Attached: 1552239246761.png (477x720, 375K)

sounds like about any INTP i met before in my life.

i want to become an Ni-Dom, what do i do boys and girls?

Keep using it so much it becomes the most important thing of your whole personality.
In theory, but in practice there no way you can completely override your dom function without an incredibly strong motivation to completely change your nature.

I went from Fi dom to Ti dom after I took the MBTI test in high school and realized I had the option to be stoic, which I wanted at the time because I thought it would make me more unique. Little did I know at the time that cognitive functions aren't just aesthetic but also shape your values.
You'd have to completely understand what Ni is, likely the hardest part, then work on being mindful in daily life, and focus on Ni's interestingness as much as possible until using it turns habitual. It's a "grass is always greener" situation though.

>be INTP
>match with girl on tinder
>she is ENFJ
>she tells me, our types match perfectly

what do you think?

Ti isn't being stoic, but about using subjective logical systems.

Also you can lie in the test and claim you changed personality, but actually doing it takes massive effort, especially for the dominant function.

You don't have to take my word for it then, I'm just an anonymous.

You wont become ni dom if you're not intj or infj. Sure you can develop it but it'll never be as natural and effortless in using it as for intj/infj

That is supposed to be a really good match user. Good luck

inb4 she's actually ESFJ or INFJ

Technically, Ni can be your strongest function without being an INXJ. Types are represented by function order.

i've read in socionics that the Ni function is the strongest function for INTj (INTP) and INFj (INFP)
but not a preferred function.

Theres something fishy about that for sure

The "prefered" function is often the auxiliary, the dom is the strongest and most natural one.

prepare to have your dick destroyed t b h

Hi, Sophieanon! \(^o^ )
Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm also glad we feel the same way! ^_^ :3

Thanks!

in socionics all types have the 8 functions and for an INTP the two strongest functions are Ti and Ni, followed by Ne and Te, Si and Fi, Fe and Se being the weakest

But four of the functions are preferred and the other four are not, but they remain utilized

>Socionics
Fuck that.

I haven't read into Socionics, but people's results from cognitive function tests show that function orders (of all 8 functions) can vary quite a bit, even between people of the same four-letter type.
As for preference, I think it would make sense that people put more value on their judging functions since they're used to make decisions, whereas perceiving functions are passive and we can't change how we perceive information according to theory.

they provide more explanations but may indeed be incorrect who knows lol all of this is mumojumbo in the end

I'm guessing this is because your primary function is like your "off-switch", but whenever you are doing something new or really need to use your brain it's the second function that kicks in, because if your primary could handle it then it wouldn't be a challenge in the first place?

>ISFP
>_S_P
>_S__

We would not get along.

>mumbojumbo
Get the fuck out feeler, this is INTP territory, abstract thought only thought worth having, mechanics and application a shit

It's simply that you prefer a function you actually decide to use as opposed to one so natural you have to try not using it or getting overwhelmed by stress or some other negative situation.

>uses word mumbojumbo to describe something
>you must be a feeler
That's not how cognitive functions work

>he thinks thinkers are smarter
Dont be such a close minded coconut

ill take that back i mean i like mbti so its not mumbojumbo but sometimes i wonder if it all means anything ykno what im saying

But INFJ-T user, there's two people who want to marry you! You have to turn one of them down! And since you're an INFJ with high Fe, that must be hard for you! What do you do????!!!!!!

>implying that INTPs aren't hyperemotional

Attached: scared.jpg (850x912, 185K)

Tell me, what should I know about myself?

Attached: test.png (594x738, 111K)

That you are way too netural in answers.
IxTx seems confirmed at least.

shameful confession time anons:
I'm INTP and I enjoy the company of Si doms usually,because they're down to earth and easy to talk to about any subject without it feeling weird,all intuitives i've met were immature assholes who were no fun to hang around with,even my ISFP/ESFJ male friends are more fun to hang out with.

Kill yourself immediately you walking tumor

Which type is the ultimate NPC? And why is it the ISTJ?

ISTJ is the quintessential NPC race. Being Si dominant they are inclined to rely on well-established doctrine and procedures, and blindly put their trust in authority. They seem to be susceptible to falling for appeals to authority as well, perhaps due to the combination of Si and Te. Further, with Fi, they attach their personal identity to their viewpoints and beliefs. Once the ISTJ becomes indoctrinated in their ways and opinions they will never change, and they will defend, to the death, whatever indoctrinated view - no matter how flimsy the reasoning or how convincing the counterargument is. If confronted with evidence that challenges their world view, it is as if that challenge goes in one ear and out the other. It's like they never heard it and revert back to the script they are reading in their mind.

ISTJ is the perfect example of an unthinking caricature of a person. Total NPC race.

Attached: Yashajin_Ai_full_2272451.jpg (650x807, 396K)

Why do people hate INFPs?

Origbals

I want your boipussy

ISTJ is a Te aux type though, their mind will be willing to change if proven wrong by convincing evidence, for how much Si is defensive, the Te will eventually make them understand their objective mistakes.

They don't, it's INFP thinking everyone hates them.

>their mind will be willing to change if proven wrong by convincing evidence
Therein lies the problem user. Due to being Si dom, the only "evidence" that they find convincing is something fed to them by an authority who they view as infallible. And in the off chance that their authority is feeding them something that is counter to their Te, they simply repress their Te or will just say to themselves "oh, I MUST have it wrong, and authority figure X, who I respect without question, MUST have it correct." Religion is almost a perfect example.

It's like you've never encountered an ISTJ in the wild user.

Attached: 341689.jpg (225x350, 24K)

>Religion is almost a perfect example
euphoric
Every mbti thread I've ever been in has had at least one guy complaining about how much he hates INFP

>Due to being Si dom, the only "evidence" that they find convincing is something fed to them by an authority who they view as infallible.
That's not really an Si trait, authority has to do with Te. The Si here only affects the fact the evidence has to be fully concrete for them to be able to "sense" it.

Also I have an ISTJ friend, sure, they resist a lot changing their mind and definitely need somebody to show them different views with pretty convincing arguments, but you are going a bit too far.
Maybe the fact I am INTJ so I relate pretty well to Te aux helps a lot more dealing with them as opposed to INTP's Ti/Ne - I do know that INTP and ISTJ really can't keep a meaningful discussion without shitflinging after 5 minutes in, if ENTP and ISTJ then it's gonna be 1 minute in.

Don't you dare ignore me How big is your cock?

Chad hates INFPs becuase INFP and ESTP are as different from each other as two types can possibly get. If you somehow manage to beat the odds and manage stablity and success as an INFP you've got the potential to be bizarro chad though. And then they'll really hate you for it.

Kill yourself, sex predator

Yes Te is a large part of reasoning via authority. But the question is "what" or "who" the authority is. Due to Si the authority is usually some well-established doctrine or tradition. Si has a tendency to drift toward things and ideas which are already established, aka "common knowledge" or are otherwise routine. Rules, procedures, laws etc.

You know how many times I've heard an ISTJ, or Si dom/aux, defend some method of doing something ineffectual by stating "we've been doing it this way for 20 years". The longer that they hold a view or idea, the stronger it becomes due to Si. And the less they question it. Eventually enough time goes by and they won't even entertain the idea that they could be wrong, or have been wrong the entire time.

I may be going a little too far user, admittedly. I'm mostly venting my frustration with ISTJs and needing to deal with their rigidness. It's like we speak different languages.

Attached: Ginko Sora.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

Just wanted to share this.

youtu.be/RfU8TUZRtZg

Reminder that there are no cognitive functions
Reminder that personality can only be mapped to multiple spectra, but not to dichotomous types

>implying INTPs would be traumatized by sexual abuse

LMFAO they're soulless machines

Because you're ISTP

I'm an ISTP and I love hugging others!

you share cognitive functions with those types. ESFJs supply you with the Fe you lack and crave for

Can feel you, Si/Te arguing with a Ti/Ne is definitely like speaking in two different languages.

According to Jung's theory you do use all functions but have very clear preferences for some, then MBTI stepped in and decided types.

According to Jung most normal people don't fall into any of his 8 types and can only be categorized as extroverted or introverted

Functions aren't types so of course nobody is literally one function.

Based Christian hobo! What percentage of bums are like this?

Functions don't exist, at least not in the rigid model that most MBTI enthusiasts now think is the truth. There have been a few studies on it and each one concluded that there are no differences between types that aren't already described with the letters. Example: The only difference they found between INTPs and INTJs was the amount of conscientiousness. The more advanced predictions, for example that INTPs are more logical or INTJs more "Ni" have not shown up anywhere

I can be somewhat mentally unstable, but I'm not sure if my behavior maps out to the ISTJ personality type at all. My 'going insane' usually manifests in me lashing out verbally at the other person. Offline that would look more like me screaming at someone, whereas online would be more calm and calculated vindictiveness. In both cases, I want to be the one in control, rather than being at the mercy of the other person.

Attached: akane shinjou.jpg (850x1259, 230K)

>at least not in the rigid model that most MBTI enthusiasts now think is the truth
Yeah I am aware. MBTI didn't make functions though, it's an """"interpretation"""" of Jung's books.
As for the INTP and INTJ example, the auxiliary functions are more interchangeable to the INTJ can easily turn the Te into Ti, but likewise, the INTP is can turn Ne into Ni, that's why they are so similar - it's only through a deeper analysis you will notice their dom and how different their motivations are.

>only through a deeper analysis you will notice their dom and how different their motivations are.
There are no such differences that aren't already described by the 4 letters.

>to the INTJ
I meant "so the INTJ"

That's the point of the letters, yes.
The functions are just to explain what's behind them.

Wrong, stop trying to encourage stupidity. I clearly have more in common with an INTJ than an INFP. I am not a hugely emotional person but I suck at Te and Ti makes much more sense. IxFP are Fi doms so there is more emphasis on their internal feelings and they don't congregate in the more Ti dominated areas. It's the letters that don't mean shit, just a way for people to bitch about their 4th function cause deep down they know they suck at it (4th slot Fe explains why so many bitter INTPs are here, despite INTJ being seen as nerds they tend to be much more successful with relationships).

>despite INTJ being seen as nerds they tend to be much more successful with relationships
Y-yeah...

> I clearly have more in common with an INTJ than an INFP.
Then why would you score more similarly to an INFP than an INTJ on a big 5 test
>Fi doms so there is more emphasis on their internal feelings
This is called neuroticism and is not part of MBTI
>(4th slot Fe explains why so many bitter INTPs are here,
As does INTPs being thinkers and thinkers being more disagreeable than feelers.

>My 'going insane' usually manifests in me lashing out verbally at the other person.
And it is so god damn hot desu. The contrast between that and how normally nice and kind you are is really cute. If you were a girl then it would make me melt, no homo.

Attached: HotAF.gif (188x174, 471K)

You have a good grasp of your 5th function because it's the mirror to your dominant function. Your 7th function is where you are retarded, I can understand systems (Ti) fine but I'm terrible at implementing them (Te).

I-I wasn't expecting that as a reply... ehehe...

Attached: Sophie Twilight blush.gif (540x304, 1.01M)

aight now let me melt my dick in your mouth

namefags like you should go back to discord. Its cringy and retarded

I've met plenty of successful INTJ, they often have a redhead fetish for some reason.

I score high on Ni, Ne, Fe and Ti but low on Fi. INTJ have 3rd slot Fi and are deeply passionate on the inside and don't mind their emotions. INTP on the other hand have Fe in the 4th so they want to be friendly but they do it poorly so it turns into anger and frustration as clearly evident in these threads.

That's not exactly what I meant.
Your auxiliary is essentially weaker than your dominant function and you can more easily decide to switch it around situationally, though obviously your favorite and best approach would still be the one you have.
Can an INTP use Ni? Definitely, it will never be natural like INTJ and usually just a "backup" function but they still can.

INFJs are deceptive, manipulative, and evil

you can't change my mind

Attached: change my mind.jpg (800x450, 346K)

Sophieanon
Nuff said

No types are naturally evil or good.

Listen here pip pip I'm not like most faggots on here I know my type,and have a good grasp on all the function and have measured my own mind and thought about my habits and thought patterns alone in the park at 4 am enough to know myself and I'd appreciate you only play computer therapist to people that need
I got that mixed up oops I meant to say ESFP/ISFJ I think Fe is dumb and annoying,I don't hang with those people anymore,I got some ISTJ and ISFP friends and I enjoy them much more.

Also This is general for all INTP's if you ever feel like you want to make a friend for emergencies I strongly recommend finding and ISTP they are the only other types than yourself with a Ti dom and their Se is a perfect counterpart to your Ne,which means,you talk and they listen,they're very reliable,and will probably save your ass if you ever need it,try being more pushy than usual,it's in your best interest.Too bad you won't get to make too many plans with them lol

Hence why you use your 5th better than your 4th despite being lower in the stack. An ENTP will use Ni much better than an INTP. An INTP will be good at Te like an INTJ but their Ni will be there down fall.

>I like being grounded and discussing sensing topics with sensors more than intuitive topic with intuitives, but i am sure that I'm not one of those filthy common sensortards!!111

>discussing sensor topics with sensors
Sorry but in the internet age being fucking weird and wacky and out there is normal,unironically memes made Si doms more accepting of all the weird abstract shit I say,and also I know a lot of really nice intuitives,but they're usually really old people who have their lives figured out.Also why are you insulting sensors?

I-I don't know~! :'O OwOwowowowowowowowowowo~!

r-rude... :'(

Let's hug! (>^_^)>

What's your favorite learning style guys?
I heard some types favor stuff such as underlining keywords with different colors to get through reading material way faster. Other would just record themselves speaking the material and then put it on repeat over and over again.

Attached: 1532898342411.jpg (845x1200, 69K)

Mostly visual! OwO
I like to take notes and draw graphs of the material! :3

do you by any chance draw dicks as well? ovo

What's the point of thinking about function in a stack of 8 when it doesn't provide any additional information as just putting them in a stack of 4 and talking about how functions correlate to their opposite(mirror?what's the term for this?you know what I'm talking about)
The first part of what you said is about condensing and categorizing information,I do that without even noticing it,if I like something I don't try to learn it,I just do (good that I don't like any broad subjects that would take effort to learn) after everything has been conversed memorization is always rote,just differs what style you choose.

N-no, I don't! UwU

I write tunes for the things that I have to learn and then turn them into musical pieces.

Attached: 1539789966390.png (250x250, 102K)

I might be mistaken, b-but could the term be "shadow"? ^_^'

oh, what a shame. you seemed like the type that would do that but that's okay

Your 7th function is your weakest function. Your 8th tends to be ignored.

Because you wouldn't be the alternative type, I'm not an ENFP but they would be the same according to that idea. I certainly do use Se to balance my Ni but I ignore Si because it's not required. An INTP won't use Fi because it counters their Ti clearly evident with their acting bitter over feelers. Doesn't mean I hate Si I just don't get it, I don't go off the past I'm future orientated.

I've seen people call the 4th function the shadow function,I've seen people call function 5-8th shadow functions,I've also seen people call a function's opposite (in the primary function model) a shadow.I know there are a lot of people who write up on things like these that always define their own fucking language so nothing is clear,it's quite annoying.
Also why are you typing like a retard?