You go back in time to 15 years ago but you don't have all of your memories

You go back in time to 15 years ago but you don't have all of your memories
You'd only have the knowledge you had at that age
Would you do it?

Attached: 1080801412.jpg (620x856, 103K)

What would the point be? Everything would happen exactly the same way and I'd get caught in a loop when I was presented with this choice again.

Once again OP demonstrates himself to be a colossal faggot.

Then it's not really me going back in time at all, is it?

I see a bunch of "you go back to age 5 with all your current memories" threads every other week
This thread is original and more realistic
now would you do it or not?

It is more original, I'll give you that, but it also doesn't make any sense. If I had no memory of who I was before going back, or even that I went back at all, then in what way can it be said that I've gone back in time? There's no trace of present-me there at all. It's just past-me living his life.

I get you, but wouldn't you pick this option instead of death?
instead of death you just get sent back and relive it all over again

I don't think you do get me. What part of me is being sent back? The concept is nonsensical.

Where did OP say that the alternative was death?

"Would you do it",
The amount of states in the universe is finite, therefore sooner or later everything that happened will happen again.
Therefore you WILL do it. You WILL return to that time and place once again.
In fact, if you kill yourself, it will be what happens, you will eternally be stuck in a loop where you go back to the time 15 years ago, and then 15 years later you kill yourself and arrive back there.
Ironic, isn't it?

and be doomed to a timeloop?

it is exactly equivalent to death because that is what happens when you die, lol.

>You go back in time to 15 years ago...
Okay...
>...but you don't have all of your memories...
Uh...
>You'd only have the knowledge you had at that age

What's the point, then? It would hurt too much to do it over again. I need....DESPERATELY to know what the correct course of actions are to take in life and the ensuing consequences as such.

No...I would not want the pain and anguish and ignorance of the future. It would completely defeat the purpose of going back. I want to be able to do things like lose my virginity before 18, save my dad from dying of a heart attack, being a self-made millionaire before the age of 30. Having a wife and kids of my own before I got too old to have anything other than a sperglord child. (15 years isn't really enough time back, though)

I make all the stupid ass decisions I made the first time. What kind of question is this? This thread fucking sucks.

what would be your answer if you had no choice?

nothing, you have no choice?!##

Stay in school and not drop out. never smoke weed. I hate my life bros.

No, I wouldn't do it.

Would there be ANY sort of premonition type effects where I might change things for the better or would everything play out exactly the same (within the engineering tolerances of the simulation)?

I'd be very much down to relive big chunks of 2012-2016 on repeat for eternity... not so thrilled with 2004-2011, though, but 2012-16 made up for it.

You would only be able to make a change once you remember you've down 'this' before
and by 'this' I mean your younger years. So no and yes, you might remember but it won't help that much
It's as helpful as self awareness and No....
you can't choose the time
It's 15 years bud

I made this a bit confusing lol
I meant you'll only remember some things-
So you would be able to have some sort of premonition from dreams or even a thought
but you'd never get your full memory and you'd just go back 15 years anyway

So basically a continuous case of deja vu with a vague foreboding sense of the consequences of your choices and actions? The twist is that it's true/correct/accurate?

That would probably be enough to get me to do a few things differently in 2004, but then I'd be on a new/changed timeline and the deja vu, et al., would go away.

But then 2012-2016 would also presumably not happen the same way, and I don't want to lose that.

Provide more clarity about the scope of effects of being sent back in time.

If you change things enough early on, it would drastically change your lifepath
the only way for you to keep your life up to 2016 the same would be to do the same things
and if you're lucky, you'd remember it before 2017 and transfer to a different timeline

If it's enough to guide me away from staying with that one cunt AND enough to guide me to finding the girl who came after her, sure, let's roll.

I'm still gonna be stuck in the Navy until 2008, but it may not be so bad without her ruining our lives.

Yeah, I can't remember anything about my early life so just being able to know for a short while again is enough

These boring ass scenarios. Here's one, would you bother trying to change the future of your past self even if it would only create an alt timeline that wouldn't impact your own?

There's a reason no one asks that question though, under a deterministic view literally everything would be the same, it's just a question of if you liked your younger years more or not.

Gloriously retarded thread OP

Attached: brule.jpg (727x595, 65K)