Do robots believe in the occult?

Do robots believe in the occult?

My grandfather was a professor of physics. He believe in the occult.

Isaac Newton, father of modern science, believed in the occult.

Carl Jung, celebrated philosopher, is often cited by occult scholars.

Do you believe?

Attached: witch-history-waterhouse.jpg (600x419, 66K)

I believe it exists but I have a negative view of it

of course it exists, the spiritual world exists and all truly intelligent men have known this since forever

i sort of wish i believed in some of it, but alas. i'm still interested in Crowley's doctrine though.

I forgot to mention that i am homosexual

>I forgot to mention that i am homosexual

wanna hook up?

I believe humans have a collective consciousness which is why they don't tell us everything and closeby asteroids don't get mentioned in the mainstream news. Because if majority of people believed it might it us, it could alter reality and make it hit us

There are so many things we don't yet understand, and more things we understand to be literally impossible to understand.
Personally I'm a fan of the idea of consciousness as a multi-dimensional substance, like in buddhist and hindu theology, though I'm a little miffed at the rejection of individuality

Attached: abu_simbel.jpg (729x425, 80K)

There are indications that there is a reality outside of what can be observed through human senses or interpreted by human minds.

Think about past lives, for instance. There are countless examples of small children who were able to describe their past lives in enough detail for the accuracy of the childrens' explanations to be confirmed. I get that some parents are trying to scam the system, but if they were going to scam the system, wouldn't they always pick famous figures or recently-deceased rich people without wills to target? Instead, many of these children say they used to be desperately poor people who died tragic penniless deaths.

Then there are apparitions of dead people. I have several relatives - who are not crazy, but normal, well-adjusted, married or widowed people with families and professional jobs - who swear that they have seen full-bodied apparitions of dead people standing or sitting at the foot of their beds. My great-grandmother saw them before she died, my grandmother has seen them and my aunt and her husband have seen them together, and none of those people are even remotely eccentric. I have not seen anything like that myself, but I trust that these people are telling the truth.

Finally, there is the metaquestion: what systems govern existence itself? This is something that needs further study, and I think it might be the key to understanding reality despite our limited senses and limited minds. There is no reason to believe that existence is random, and outcomes of natural processes are usually different than we would expect, meaning there are parameters that we are not taking into account. Quantum physics is one way to approach this question, although I think even that is a very limited school of thought, and something more holistic and approximate is called for.

lmao
10/10

lol

As far as occult-ism is concerned, that's all a crock of shit. You can tell because they all go back to flawed, contemporary interpretations of ancient history. All their symbols, all their spells, all their lore - it's all clearly filtered through the human mind. I think the world beyond the natural world cannot be approximated through human symbols, human ideas, human words. It's something altogether different, which is why it is paranormal.

i meant it as in life would probably be more interesting if i genuinely believed in those sorts of things. i do agree with your interpretation though.

I dabbled in the Goetia for a long time. It was a lot of fun but also a ton of work for very little gain.

It's worse if you have a background in cultural history and you recognize that these occultists are misusing the symbols because they look cool.

I was at the witchcraft museum in Boscastle, Cornwall this summer, a place founded by friends of Crowley's and Gardner's, and I recognized half of the "ancient pagan symbols" as complete nonsense, 17th-20th century faux-folk inventions.

i do not have a background in it, but that's an insightful example nonetheless. i mean i always knew most of the symbols didn't originally have much to do with the occult, which on it's own makes it hard to take many aspects of it seriously.

Exactly. Whenever I see "Icelandic human skin trousers", or "ancient pagan witch runes", or the horned god, I know that whatever is being said/implied using those symbols is pure fiction.

The human skin trousers have never existed, the witch runes are an early modern Christian invention, and not even experts on ancient religion can tell you what exactly the horned god's function was.

yes of course i have in depth knowledge of the occult and first hand experiences

Attached: Leucistic-birds-such-as-the-female-barn-owl-remain-extremely-rare-953915.jpg (590x769, 47K)

Explain, please?origami

No, only women and gays believe in occult

>Explain, please?
explain what

Your knowledge of the occult. Can you give me some examples?

reality is weirder than we could ever imagine
i too studied physics and keep an open mind
thats about as much as ill say though

>Your knowledge of the occult. Can you give me some examples?
I read alot about it and witnessed some stuff is all, there's tons of witches and occultists nowdays so nothing too uncommon I suppose

Or are you asking about what I saw?

Has anyone here delved into Hermeticism or Gnosticism? Those two areas of thought seem to be focused on what lies outside this reality.

Attached: F19BA4BA-FAC8-416D-BA09-F6C4D39BFDB0.jpg (2662x1097, 823K)

Yeah, what do you have, or what have you seen that, say, someone who is "uninitiated" in that world wouldn't have seen/know?

'The occult' is too broad a category to say you 'believe in' or 'don't believe in' it. There are a lot of things that go under the banner of the occult that people from different belief systems would accept or reject. It's even possible to be a 'secular' occultist; really fringe ideas in psychology and physics often acquire an occult-ish flavoring.

>what have you seen that, say, someone who is "uninitiated" in that world wouldn't have seen/know
initiation means nothing bro that's just a 100% larp from faggots who think they can "bind" spirits and demons and whatnot

I've been demonically oppressed and seen ghosts

Does anyone here meditate?
I've been trying every night for years now and never quite manage it. I just don't know the right technique to calm down my mind.

How did that manifest itself?

you've been mentally ill, that's about that

>How did that manifest itself?
see:
that's why i don't even talk about anything with brainlet zoomies, get fucked all of you vermin desu

nothing wrong with being mentally ill Boomer

I think some of the occult "sciences" are legacies from advanced civilizations a long time ago. Later civilizations didn't understand what was passed down to them and it turned into superstition and pseudoscience.

Just like in Warhammer 40,000!

Attached: 2861A6CA-D300-4BC9-BEA3-DB7C5EE404CB.jpg (1600x1169, 770K)

No, I don't believe in lies.

Don't really beleive, but I do have some real occult books.

If you're on any chan and don't believe in the power of meme magic, you need to fuck right off back to plebbit or normiebook or wherever the hell you came from.

Attached: 1449461167847.jpg (720x480, 36K)

You have to be literally retarded to sincerely consider yourself an occultist. Even classical theology is barely defensible or pertinent with it's verbose graphomania, let alone some jig's musings on how mbombo goes in gbungu and makes ngongo.