Imagine how easy we would have had it during roman times

Imagine how easy we would have had it during roman times.
>serve for 10 years in military
>receive plot of land to farm
>save up and buy a slave to become your wife
>enjoy the life on some small Italian town life for the remaining 30-40 years of your life

Attached: 1422594327069.jpg (677x782, 74K)

The service was actually 25 years.

>Wanting the sort of plot of land issued to anyone but the top dogs by any military organisation ever.
>Old age without modern medical technology.
>No internet.
Nah.

>be in legion
>get killed cause of some reckless faggot general like Crassus
yep, very easy alright

Imagine living it through in the legions, too.

That'd be a lifetime in itself.

Only alphas were allowed to live, all betas were left to die at birth. Sorry buddy.

It depended on the emperor actually. During claudiuses reign it was shortened to 16 years

That's what you get for serving under a retard
Caesar gang represent

>Wanting to fuck your slave
AD CRVCEM

Attached: 1550426781774.jpg (920x960, 62K)

>wifing a slave
You wh*Toids disgust me.

Attached: o.jpg (425x425, 50K)

We'll just have to bring it back

Attached: based_and_redpilled.jpg (1280x723, 192K)

...Uhhh yeah, i think he's based

Attached: legion is based.png (367x461, 13K)

Its never been illegal in rome.

Fucking myself with a horse dildo is no illegal, but it does not mean it is not degenerate.

NVNC IN CRVCEM!

Attached: 1550421696852.jpg (850x960, 42K)

You are so utterly fucking stupid OP holy fucking shit. Inscription was far longer than 10 years, and the fact that you're OVERLOOKING at war as some sort of inconvenience you have to deal with for some years just really demonstrates how delusional you are.

Here you are, sitting on your computer, on Jow Forums making a thread about LARPing in the past, uploading Funny Meme Picture #13 you have available to yourself, and thinking you have the courage, the skill, the resolve, the ability, the will to survive war, let alone, war with SWORDS?

If you lived during Roman times, you would be a completely different person with a completely different personality. Stop fooling yourself OP.

I survived 18 months in Finnish military as NCO, fairly sure I could survive under harsher discipline.

>get stabbed by celts
>wound gets infected
>die an agonizing death

>be son
>get sold into slavery by your father for a few years

>inherit land from parents
>get drafted
>aristocrats confiscate the land as a "deposit"
>get the land that was yours in the first place back as a "reward" once you're done serving
>if you die it remains in the aristocrats hands, whether or not you have heirs

>fairly sure i could survive with a sword and spear against foreign barbaric armies for 30+ years in a time where no medicine was available and i could easily die from the slightest injury

ok
see also

Short of actual homosexuality, I cannot think of anything more gay than larping as some moralfag on the internet.

>Implying i am
TE PERTINENT AD CRVCEM

Attached: filmen.jpg (1257x897, 179K)

>implying you aren't
bruh, you're not a roman, and you ain't gonna crucify anyone.

They would have killed you at birth for being sub par.

I like to think about the 1890's and around that time.
>society still has culture, art nouveau is the popular style
>electricity exists in the east, can watch silent movies and use telephones
>if you want to have your own plot of land and hate the modernity you can still venture west and build a cabin
>the military fought to defend the nation and not for Israeli conquest
>politicians weren't so fiercely divided and actually worked together for the common good
>the government was keeping monopolies and trusts in check, passed laws to protect the consumer
>communists and fascists didn't exist to shit up politics
>currency wasn't inflated to hell, no federal reserve to crash the economy
>race relations were better than the times before it and the time after 1912, klan was pretty much gone
>relations between Catholics and Protestants was fairly good as well, Protestants were upstanding and cultured, and not the fractious barn trash bible thumpers that exist now, Catholicism wasn't headed by a spic that would rather kiss nonbeliever's feet than uphold the church
>trains were still around and weren't soulless commuter vessels, could eat a meal and sleep on your journey, read, talk to people, etc.
>steam ships also existed and weren't always extreme luxuries for travel
>cars existed but weren't everywhere, most people who owned one didn't know how to drive (like today) and hired someone else to do it properly (unlike today)
>open carry a gun and nobody gives a fuck, no soccer moms yelling about muh chilluns
>we just bought Alaska because we could
>weird bikes with a huge front wheel
I mean, I could go on.

Don't forget all the sexual debauchery. Romans literally fucked each other in the streets and no one cared. Imagine that, a world where Chads and Robots can all have sex with Stacies and fembots. Sounds like heaven

that was Spartans you mong

Yeah a different person sure. But wouldn't I be a better, stronger person?

All the leisure afforded to me by modern society seems like a bad thing if it makes me a bad person. Shouldn't I be willing to trade it all to be a better person?

You can turn off your pc and go running/fighting anytime you want

but i won't. If in another time I was forced to be a better man, wouldn't that be worthwhile choice for me to make. If I could push a button and sell myself into that world, knowing I would end up better, shouldn't I?

Join the legion they'll force you

not really how the slavery worked it was more like indentured servitude

Yeah right, this is the easiest life has ever been, you would be a pleb begging for bread handouts or a slave

which legion? The american military? I think about it often.

I'm not sure they would even take me any more unfortunately. I'm 26, nearly too old to start out. I have bad asthma. And I failed out of college.

I suspect I'd be rejected;

military service in Rome was 25 years during most emperors

they were kind of sideways dabbing on celtic and germanic tribes where many males didn't even live to that age

25 years not 10

Service was fucking tough, way tougher than anything you do in the modern military. Although you'd be raised in those times so it'd be easier.

>weird bikes with huge front wheel
I laughed too hard at this

OMG no lol. I'm a historian and you don't know how stupid you look right now.

Ancient Rome was one of the most chad places you can imagine. Enter the military and serve for 25 years sure if you survive that you can get a wife and house but there's an extremely high chance that you would die before then. 80% chance of dying at least. No medicine, any disease can kill you. Battles routinely killed off huge portions of armies even if you won the battle. High probability of execution. Literally only chads could've possibly survived in Roman times. I guarantee you no lazy, skinny incel would've made it.

"Muh prahsant progress ya whiny nekbard, we liv best timz evahhhhh"

Like I'd give a shit dying young in exchange for being granted a place in society