I willingly infected myself with parasitic worms

I willingly infected myself with parasitic worms.
They will crawl through the skin on my arm(it's itchy) and go through my lungs and then into my intestine.

Ask me anything.

Attached: Necator_Americanus_L3_x1000_12-2007.jpg (407x287, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

helminthictherapywiki.org/wiki/index.php/Helminthic_Therapy_Wiki
helminthictherapywiki.org/wiki/index.php/Helminthic_therapy_research
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29402395
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17412520
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21135322
yourwildlife.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/galley-proof-v2.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27240605
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29064448
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26162711
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut–brain_axis
helminthictherapywiki.org/wiki/index.php/Helminthic_therapy_personal_stories
nature.com/articles/ng.2875
youtube.com/watch?v=rl-mbGF2fys
youtube.com/watch?v=2rSA3uAtP7U
functionalps.com/blog/2012/11/29/ray-peat-phd-on-endotoxin/
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Helminthic_therapy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Was there a reason you wanted to do this

it was just a prank lol

how big are they and how did you infect yourself

I have a lot of fucking questions. Like:
>What kind of worms are they
>Are you going to die
>Why did you do this?
>WHY DID YOU DO THIS!?

microscopic, a dropper onto a adhesive patch onto my arm

>>What kind of worms are they
Necator Americanus

>Are you going to die
No.

>Why did you do this?
Health reasons
>>WHY DID YOU DO THIS!?
I have no other option, my life is a shitshow.

What possible health benefits could you get from hookworms?

My friend and his wife had hookworms. They ended up behind his eyes, it was really gross. Have fun going insane and losing your eyesight. Your life seems bad now but once you can't see it won't even be easy to an hero.

That's gross. Is this a fetish thing?

helminthictherapywiki.org/wiki/index.php/Helminthic_Therapy_Wiki

>My friend and his wife had hookworms.
The kind I took are not the kind that cause harm, they stay in your intestinal tract.

Could be.

>willingly infesting yourself with worms
>having things crawling under your skin 24/7
this sounds not comfy at all, in fact, it sounds like the most horrible thing I have ever heard in my life

they don't do that, they stay in your intestinal tract and cure your anxiety and depression

look it up

OP should willingly infect himself with AIDS so the world could reduce another retard from the surplus population.

Worms leeching nutrients from your gut can not cure a mental illness. I hate quacks.

infecting yourself with a parasitic organism sounds like a big pseudoscience bullshit and is most likely a scam, how the fuck would worms interact with your brain, depression has nothing to do with your intestinal tract op, they will just leech off you until they get too big to be shat out and you will end up having surgery to remove them, its like having tape worms, don't tell me you actually paid for this

Attached: mfw.png (264x328, 140K)

>Worms leeching nutrients from your gut can not cure a mental illness.
These specific ones leech a very minimal amount of nutrients, actually nutrient absorption increased in people taking them.

>I hate quacks.
Then you should hate most of mainstream medicine because they hate science and reason.

>like a big pseudoscience bullshit
It's not though there's a bunch of science behind it.
I hate """"""""skeptics"""""""" like you people that think anything the FDA and corporate establishment are against is automatically wrong.

You're the same people who thought all bacteria in the human body was bad back before we found out they're necessary for humans to thrive in the 90s.

>I hate """"""""skeptics"""""""" like you people that think anything the FDA and corporate establishment are against is automatically wrong.
nigga I don't even know what FDA is since I don't live in murica also there is no corporate enstablishment here telling me to not put parasites inside my body its just common knowledge, it sounds awfull, its probably awfull and you will end up looking awfull since you are deliberately putting fucking worms inside your body, you probably think shoving crystals inside your rectum aligns your chakras or some shit, im not a skeptick, I just don't believe in practices that go against common sense

>it sounds awfull, its probably awfull
it's actually not, I just wanted it to sound awful for comedic effect in my OP post

>you probably think shoving crystals inside your rectum aligns your chakras or some shit
There you go again thinking any experimental medical treatment is automatically quackery
dumb

There's literally not a single study there saying parasites will improve symptoms of anxiety and depression.

bruh
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29402395
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17412520
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21135322
yourwildlife.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/galley-proof-v2.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27240605
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29064448
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26162711

anyway, the main thing that these worms are supposed to cure is autoimmune diseases but many people are saying they have had great success with their depression and anxiety thanks to these worms
it probably only works if your anxiety and depression stem from an autoimmune disease

>numerous articles are telling people to get treatment or get rid of them vs some literal who website with bs Wikipedia sources

There are no creatures on this earth besides the bacteria that evolved within human stomachs that want a symbiotic relationship

This isn't some unknown special internal leech therapy that "scientist down want you to know" these is a fucking parasites the kind that reproduce in days

Get some fucking help before you ruin your life or someone else's who cares about you.

but hey, you probably think you know best anyway.

>hmm numerous people avoided direct fire contact to their skin for millions of years but Paul Analprobe says fire to the skin can cure body fatigue and hunger pains
>bah, body scorches are bs made up by big pharma who are paid millions of dollars to keep people alive, I KNOW BEST I'll JUST TRUST DR.ANALPROBE.

Also placebo effect is a thing you know

Half of those don't really deal with depression or anxiety, two thirds are hypotheses rather than studies, and none have repeated results or even fully go through their methodology.
I can see is having use in gut health, but your gut health isn't directly tied to your mental health and those who preemptively try to sell alternative medicine as a cure-all are predatory quacks. This is why we have things like "raw water" and homeopathy. I see this having to potential to become a dangerous treatment if some snakeoil salesman fakes research results of an actual deadly parasite.

>>numerous articles are telling people to get treatment or get rid of them vs some literal who website with bs Wikipedia sources
HAHA wow you skeptics are something else, you always have to start an argument
holy fuck you're dumb

These aren't the same species of helminths as the ones that fucking kill you, they are harmless ones that have co-evolved with humanity, like beneficial bacteria.
People(you) used to think all bacteria was bad for humans until we discovered the gut microflora.

>these is a fucking parasites the kind that reproduce in days
kek
no, but keep going this is funny

>hmm numerous people avoided direct fire contact to their skin for millions of years but Paul Analprobe says fire to the skin can cure body fatigue and hunger pains
>bah, body scorches are bs made up by big pharma who are paid millions of dollars to keep people alive, I KNOW BEST I'll JUST TRUST DR.ANALPROBE.

You truly are brainwashed and can only see things from one side. You're just as bad as those "crystal healing" flat earth tier people lmao

>Half of those don't really deal with depression or anxiety
They do when you actually get down into the studies and read them.
>two thirds are hypotheses rather than studies
They are hypotheses with studies.
>and none have repeated results
LOL so?
There's a fuckton of research on this already.
I never once said the science was completely proven, there's just massive amounts of evidence for efficacy various diseases.

>but your gut health isn't directly tied to your mental health
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
WHAT THE FUCK?
Do you also believe the earth is flat?
Science has already disproven what you are saying.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut–brain_axis

>alternative medicine
This is so cute.
I bet you read rationalwiki too.
You're one of those "le skeptic" redditors that believes whatever the FDA and big pharma tell you.
You people hate science and are utter quacks.

>This is why we have things like "raw water" and homeopathy.
Yes, things you people are dumb enough to believe in.
If the FDA said these things were good you would claim they were solid science lol.

> I see this having to potential to become a dangerous treatment if some snakeoil salesman fakes research results of an actual deadly parasite.
But it's been proven safe.
Long story short the FDA needs to be abolished and replaced by competing third party testing agencies, everyone should have the right to try experimental treatments and trump's passing of "right to try" is the best thing he's ever done and I'm glad it angered you shit eating authoritarian psychopaths so much.
:^)

These "skeptics" were the same people doubting darwin.

These retards are usually left wing and have a very authoritative view of knowledge.
Their IQs aren't high enough to think for themselves.

I'm not even American. I don't give a shit about the FDA. I actually work in a research lab myself. (A privately funded one at that.) I'm saying you shouldn't try alternative medicine before there are ample peer reviewed results.

>I'm saying you shouldn't try alternative medicine before there are ample peer reviewed results.
I've tried absolutely everything to cure my debilitating disease.
This is why I'm trying experimental treatments that have been proven safe but not proven effective completely.

People have had their anxiety cured so I'm hoping for a good result.

I hope you see results but any personal accounts are likely placebo. Especially since the ailment in question is likely fully psychological in your case.

>but any personal accounts are likely placebo
Why do you think this?
People are saying their lifetime debilitating mental problems vanished.
MANY people are saying this.

If people were saying they felt "a little better" then yeah there's a good chance it's placebo, but probably not this.

>likely fully psychological
Modern psychology is mostly pseudoscience.
They ignore what is actually happening to the brain.

>they are harmless ones that have co-evolved with humanity, like beneficial bacteria.
>co-evolved with humanity
source
>like beneficial bacteria.
but there not, they're parasites who do not have an ability to communicate with you and will do as they please.
>no, but keep going this is funny
>no sources

Also linking one website or Wikipedia doesn't really help your case. I personally wouldn't put my life on the line over something i glanced over on Wikipedia which can be edited.

>You truly are brainwashed and can only see things from one side. You're just as bad as those "crystal healing" flat earth tier people lmao
You are on the same side as those people defending parasites as apposed to actual facts

Find me a video or people by names who are happy with parasitic infestation within them. I can personally show you some fucked 3rd worlders who are infected with parasites that gives no fucks about humanity and only want to feed.

If you actually do, this your body will reject them and probably make you sick. There might be a possible infection or some other health problems. all to "help" with depression.

you don't have all the answers. seek help

>source
Wait, are you denying that parasitic worms co-evolved with other forms of life on earth?
This is the entire reason they're so good at being parasitic worms.
Necator americanus is a HUMAN parasite.
nature.com/articles/ng.2875

>but there not, they're parasites who do not have an ability to communicate with you
Bruh, science has already proven they release chemicals that act as signals in your body.

>>no sources
You're the one that said this parasite somehow reproduces in days.

>Also linking one website or Wikipedia doesn't really help your case.
I not only linked wikipedia but I linked academic studies lol
also the thing I linked is a commonly known fact that science has known for a while now, just look up the sources on that wiki page

>You are on the same side as those people defending parasites as apposed to actual facts
This entire thread I've shown you actual scientific studies showing that helminths can be medically beneficial and safe and you're simply ignoring them because you people belong to a cult.
Enjoy your flat earth.

>Find me a video or people by names who are happy with parasitic infestation within them.
k
youtube.com/watch?v=rl-mbGF2fys
youtube.com/watch?v=2rSA3uAtP7U

>I can personally show you some fucked 3rd worlders who are infected with parasites
How many times do I have to tell you that these species are not the same type that cause harm?
I mean holy fuck you're not even listening idiot.
These things don't grow beyond a millimeter.

>and probably make you sick.
yeah because you actually have science and data proving your point
fucking retard holy shit

>you don't have all the answers
that's why we use something called SCIENCE to get the answers
you "skeptics" sure seem to hate science

where did you get the parasitic worms from?

I hope I am a fresh breath of air for you in this crowd of shithead. Where did you get these worms to self infect, and what tips would you give to someone interested in this process?

the internet

>Where did you get these worms to self infect,
This company in the UK that produces them.

>and what tips would you give to someone interested in this process?
Read up about it first.

>infect yourself with parasitic worms
>instead of hosting in your intestines like they should, they accidentally get lost in your bloodstream and travel to your brain
lmao @ ur life

The science he's citing is related to the theory that an overactive immune system causes depression etc and that an overactive immune system is partially an evolutionary method of dealing with Helminth infections. Ergo, it is reasoned that infecting yourself with the Helminths that your body is supposedly trying to fight off will restore a natural balance and alleviate your depression.
As far as I'm concerned it's a bunch of very big assumptions and I wouldn't willingly infest myself with a parasite with the hopes that a bunch of THEORIES are entirely correct. There's some science behind it but I'm not sure the takeaway should be "lol give yourself worms"

user, are you taking proper precautions to avoid spreading them to others? They could be quite dangerous to anyone who is immunosuppressed.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

aaahhhhHHHHH

45T45REGG

>user, are you taking proper precautions to avoid spreading them to others?
they don't spread like that
also if they did spread to others it would be a good thing as they have health benefits and are extremely tiny and harmless

>They could be quite dangerous to anyone who is immunosuppressed.
Actually you're right, it said don't take it if you have HIV.
luckily they don't spread

>luckily they don't spread

Don't assume so easily.

Our sanitary system isn't as good as it used to be, there were actually some endemic outbreaks of hookworm in impoverished regions of the Southern US recently.

And people have started taking sanitation for granted -- a lot of farmers now spread biosolids (sewage) on their fields without even doing a pathogen-reducing composting or heat-treatment first.

Can hookworms mis-migrate to organs outside the digestive tract?
There are no reports in the scientific literature describing mis-migration in humans by NA[26] and several authorities have made it clear that NA does not mis-migrate in our species.

Quotein.gif
Over 700 million people remain infected with hookworms... Auto-reinfection, direct person to person infection, aberrant migration, and hypobiosis do not occur.[27]
Quotein.gif
Necator americanus migration in humans is predictable, via the lungs (larvae) to the gastrointestinal tract (adults worms).[28]
Mis-migration can occur with some species of helminth that are not adapted to living in humans, such as the roundworm species[29] of dogs and raccoons, which are well known for migrating to the brain and eyes after entering a species to which they are not adapted.[30] And there may be an increased risk of mis-migration by these and other species in people who are severely immunocompromised, for example someone with HIV/AIDs. However, inoculation with NA has been reported to be safe, even in patients who are immune-suppressed.[27]

user, I'm not talking about mis-migration or auto-infection. I am aware hookworm isn't like strongyloidiasis.

I'm talking about your SHIT ending up in a field somewhere, at which point the parasite can complete it's life cycle.

>nature.com/articles/ng.2875
>causing iron-deficiency anemia, malnutrition, growth and development stunting in children, and severe morbidity and mortality during pregnancy in women.

Boy oh boy sure sounds better than going the sleep or therapy.
Everything I've seen so far mainly talks about chronic inflammatory or something related to physical pain and glances over mental benefits.

>The testimonials presented below are from individuals stating what results THEY have experienced personally. They and the editors of this page are not making any medical claims and are not saying that helminthic therapy will cure or even help the problems that you have. What worked for others may not work for you.

I smell placebo effect

Welp, its your life, just makes sure you don't drag anyone else down with you
I once again, wont bet my life on unknown Wikipedia article cure all's that hasn't gone through numerous testing and isn't administers by a doctor.

>>causing iron-deficiency anemia, malnutrition, growth and development stunting in children, and severe morbidity and mortality during pregnancy in women.
Bruh these aren't the versions of NA that are used with helminth therapy

>I smell placebo effect
Because you're an absolute fucking retard.
Is the placebo effect effecting ALL of these people?
I guess their pain going away from UC and crohn's disease is just a placebo too lol
so are the before and after pictures of their skin conditions going away, it's just photoshopped lmao

>administers by a doctor.
""""""Doctors""""""" have a literal monopoly and refuse to prescribe anything that big pharma doesn't support.
They're mostly quacks.

There's a difference between something not approved by the FDA and something not at all backed by reliable science

So you going to post proof or what?

Look at this, all it takes is one retard with an internet connection to bring the next Plague

inb4 this guy is anti-vaccination too

>Bruh these aren't the versions of NA that are used with helminth therapy
How do you even know? You also linked it to prove humans and parasites lived side by side but yet the parasites still caused problems for humans.

>I smell placebo effect
still smell placebo effect
>no long term information
>no side effects
>no official licensed person to administer it
>no information on where the parasites go when you are cured
>nothing can go wrong

>Everything leads to some bs closed facecuck page or back to the same Wikipedia page.

Also going back to what YOU linked
>What worked for others may not work for you
scientifically proven my ass

Maybe it helped some people, but that maybe isn't worth it to me.

except this has massive amounts of scientific evidence behind it
research papers
idiot

>all it takes is one retard with an internet connection to bring the next Plague
don't tell me you're actually this dumb

>How do you even know?

>You also linked it to prove humans and parasites lived side by side but yet the parasites still caused problems for humans.
some caused problems, some did nothing, some caused benefits
the exact same fucking thing with bacteria and fungi

>>no long term information
These same people post to the same facebook group
>>no side effects
some people had side effects but they were minimal, this is all detailed
>>no official licensed person to administer it
Good, "offciial licensed people" are mostly corrupt FDA approved shitstains that kill people.

>>no information on where the parasites go when you are cured
yes there is, they stay in your body
you can simply kill them with a round of albendazole if you wish

>>Everything leads to some bs closed facecuck page or back to the same Wikipedia page.
Why are you fucking lying?
You're ignoring the countless amounts of peer reviewed academic data.

>scientifically proven my ass
There is massive amounts of scientific evidence and it HAS cured some people, especially chron's and UC but it hasn't been proven to work on all of the diseases people are trying it for.

How big is your dick?
girth and length.

How long ago did you do it?
how bad does it itch?

7 inches
I dont know girth

4 days
doesnt itch anymore

it cost about $250, all paid with BTC

>depression has nothing to do with your intestinal tract

not him, and i don't think worms is a good idea, but this isn't true
serotonin is actually produced in the gut from endotoxin

functionalps.com/blog/2012/11/29/ray-peat-phd-on-endotoxin/

Helminth therapy is so legit, even rationalwiki of all places says it's good.
Holy shit.
and rationalwiki is horrible

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Helminthic_therapy

>Injecting worms inside of your body to try and get rid of anxiety and depression
I hope that this is a LARP user
>Look at all these other people it's helped!
I've never even fucking heard of this sort of thing until now, but I really wouldn't trust any of these people if they're crazy enough to do something like this. It sounds like how people used to inject tape worms into their body as a fucking diet.
>It's still worth a shot
It really isn't, you're better off just shooting yourself in the head or living with your problems at this point. Though, judging from your responses towards other anons it sounds like you aren't larping and you're probably a schizo so nothing I or anyone else says will get through to you.

>I've never even fucking heard of this sort of thing until now, but I really wouldn't trust any of these people if they're crazy enough to do something like this. It sounds like how people used to inject tape worms into their body as a fucking diet.
There's scientific research behind it.

>It really isn't, you're better off just shooting yourself in the head
holy fuck you're dumb

>Though, judging from your responses towards other anons
The brainlets who are saying it's bullshit without researching it because they've believed """"""Doctors""""" their entire lives? lol

then why don't they just make endotoxin pills