How do you recover from a severe lack of socializing your whole life if you're an adult? how long does it take?

how do you recover from a severe lack of socializing your whole life if you're an adult? how long does it take?

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (660x574, 31K)

You never recover. You can't magically learn that shit as an adult. At this point you simply learn to cope with your failure and hope for a divorced roastie who will have patience with your autism.

Attached: Ct20JVMWAAEFtls.jpg (396x385, 28K)

Imfaao

You don't recover. How could you? You're missing over 10 years of social credit, and everybody around you has thousands more hours of practice in social situations.
You might as well ask how you start flying fighter jets when your only experience flying was in microsoft flight simulator 2003.

Damn these replies are upsetting :(

Attached: 5232A1AA-0EAE-4251-B3C0-F784F355D0B4.png (645x1260, 440K)

It will take you a very long time. Quite possibly years. You basically have to force yourself to make conversations even if they sound dumb in your head or you want to freak out from anxiety. You will definitely feel retarded or out of place many many times and make tons of mistakes. It's always going to be an uphill battle.

sorry. maybe for you it'll be different. maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones

Honestly, I don't know. I'm 24, I started trying to put effort into catching up with people when I was around 22. It's an uphill battle... and I'm not sure it's even possible to achieve, I'm very lacking in man of life's experiences.

But it's also true that my isolation has allowed myself to develop some skills normal people don't develop as easily, everything has two sides. Most people don't spend enough time dealing with themselves, so they barely know what their problems are. Therefore, they suck at working on their flaws. But I know myself, I know what I lack, and I'm working into developing them.

So if you're waiting for someone to tell you everything is gonna work out, I'm not that person. I'm just saying that when things look bleak, you need to broaden your perspective and see what little useful resources your shitty situation has given you, and try to use them for something meaningul. That's my opinion, anyway.

Just smoke heaps of meth it will cure your social anxieties guaranteed

Just keep browsing social media like Jow Forums, reddit, tumblr, and facebook and you'll be fine.

based. Spread the wisdom, fellows!

fake it till you make it. involve yourself with popular trends too (basically anything except fucking degenerate hentai weebshit) and youll probably be able to find common ground with anyone in conversation. remember that in a generic conversation where youre getting to know the other person its not a requisite to have the same interests as them. 99% of people are open minded when it comes to picking up/learning a new hobby, so as long as you have some non degenerate things youre passionate about, you can make yourself sound interesting to anyone

our future is bleak op
how the fuck is that original
this basically killed the thread

>my isolation has allowed myself to develop some skills normal people don't develop as easily
I rode this for years and even developed a career out of it. But it doesn't do it anymore, my life is empty except for that and I want more.
I'm 25 and I still feel like I did when I was 5 and being excluded on the playground. how fucked is that?
I don't know what the hell I can do about it this late in life. At this point I've been putting serious effort into self improvement for almost 10 years. I made a lot of progress but I have so far to go that I'm going to run out of years long before I come close.
i'm still fucking trying here, but there's a shotgun at the other end of this and I'm not comfortable with that anymore.

You're never gonna be a super charismatic person, but practice will make you into a normie. You just need to talk to people consistently

as an comparison:
children learn languages without any sort of instruction. they just naturally pick up vocabulary, correct tonality, pronunciation and grammar. but in late childhood it gets more difficult and by puberty this ability disappears - there was a developmental window in the structure of the brain that allowed this to happen, but now it's closed. as an adult its almost impossible to learn a language properly, and you will literally NEVER be able to do proper sounds.

socialization works basically the same way - you'll never fit in with normies... Robots are just fucked.

>no one becomes fluent in another language as an adult
Yeah, nah.

>and hope for a divorced roastie who will have patience with your autism
I would never desire that to anyone. OP has enough hell with the autism, having to deal with an old bitch is only going to make things worse.

You dont recover from that bud.

t. 34 year old Wizard.

It will always feel as a fake language, not a language of your own

its kind of like learning an instrument when you're older. you'll never be a prodigy, but if you practice it enough you'll eventually become decent at it. i can usually fake my way through social situations, the problem i have is doing the whole fake thing is very psychologically draining and i can't keep it up for a long time.

I'm nearly 32 here. I can confirm that we are who we are. The dye is cast in our teenage years. Sure, we can mature and gain some experience and perspective, but we're still fundamentally that person we were in the 11th grade. Remember as a teenager when you'd be forced to attend the pep rallies and there were two sorts of kids, natural Hollywood and natural audience. High school is life in microcosm.

Attached: patrice.jpg (300x168, 7K)