Fellow former Christians of Jow Forums, What made you an atheist?

Fellow former Christians of Jow Forums, What made you an atheist?

Attached: Atheismo.jpg (300x300, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.mnstate.edu/gracyk/courses/web publishing/aquinasfiveways_argumentanalysis.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just don't make sense
How does one come back from the dead but can't stop their own death?

I was Christian till around 8 or 9 years of age.

I became an atheist because there's literally no evidence for a god, and any time I have asked someone for evidence, it has been easy to account for it.

I'll change my mind if anyone gives a compelling argument, though.

Still am a christian, heh sorry kid guess i'm just to enlightened for you.
>muh magic man in the sky
*teleports behind you*
Not so funny now is it?

Attached: christian1.png (1080x1164, 1.36M)

When I was about 10, they heavily criticized my abilities in science, saying that it was just a facadr for divine workings. They also said that metal music is evil. Not when it literally jas a song about religious war. Thats when I realized that it's often a cult in the core.

>former Christian
Pfffft

He could have stopped his death but he didnt. He sacrificed himself in order to pay off your sin debt and when he rose from the dead he made us justified

Common sense guess

Attached: rif-1548084364773.png (790x811, 810K)

The only evidence for God is the miracles that you witness in a life of faith. If you pray for anything in the name of Jesus, it will be given to you. Maybe not right away, but if you treat your spiritual life with the scientific rigor that a life of atheism makes unavoidable, you will find that the claims of the gospel are true.

>Infinite Power
>Infinite Wisdom
>Convoluted scheme to get himself killed to absolve humanity of sins he invented
This is your god?

Attached: 1543967978942.jpg (510x720, 183K)

>It's real if you believe it's real
wow, that's amazing. you really opened my eyes, godfag.

damn son
how will user ever recover from this

> Prays for something
> Something - happens
> "Wow thanks Jesus"
> Something - does not happen
> "Shit negga j guess I gotta pray harder"

Atheists aren't atheists, theyre just anti-christians.

There is evidence for a god. Thomas Aquinas, in the first part, second article of the summa theologiae, proves god in five different ways. As did aristotle in metaphysics.

A relationship with God like a relationship with anyone else. Nobody is going to want to talk with you if you're questioning their existence every other statement. "You don't exist lololol" How about you stop existing dork

It all just sounds too good to be true. The righteous will be given eternal life and peace in heaven/earth and the wicked will die eternally/burn in hell. It all just sounds like the wishful thinking of man.

Methaphisics isn't science

>information science isn't science
butthole

yeah it is. thomas aquinas proved that in the summa theologiae too LOL

Friend exists cause I can see him, touch him, prove he exists
God on the other hand does not exists so having a relationship with him is like having a imaginary friend
He exists
But in your mind only

what is a mind?

yeah, how about no, see this, god is proved without you having to touch him

I was raised in a cult. Was mentally checked out for years, but made a formal break when I was 19 or so. I think if I grew up attending a mainline Protestant church I'd still be in it today.

He didn't invent sin he made free will

It's a branch of philosophy not science
Therefore boi, it sure matters, but it has no proof it's a bunch of opinions, does not have true answer. There is no proof or argument that does not have counter argument

philosophy is a science. science derives answers from facts using syllogisms, the same way aristotelian logic does, scholastic is a branch of aristotelian logics

>I had a geography test that week's friday.
>Studied, did great, everything's fine
>Sunday school comes around
>Teacher is talking about how people from other religions are causing problems in the world
>I wasn't paying much attention, as usual
>"Hey user, can you tell us why there is always droughts in this region?"
>Without even thinking, this was on my geography test "Oh, it's because of the mountain formation.", and so forth
>Almost angrily, the teacher respond "No user! It's because they practice (Insert African religion)! That's why god punish them!

Then something hit me. Those people seriously belive magic. When I went to church, I 'belived' in God, but if you ask me why it rains, I would explain the rain cycle to you. But to them, it was God. And that freaked me out. They aren't really thinking. They were blindly following the Church's ideals, without questioning. From that moment I noticed that I actully never belived in God, I was just going through the motions.

btw, you have to prove that, as the burden of proof is on you

What's love?
What's beyond universe we know?
Guess we may never trully know, but mind is best explained as thoughts in your head, inner voice .

>I'm don't have any argument, but that's your problem
Have you tried to be the person saying thing instead of the person saying "no" without understanding?

god is all existence, and therefore nothing exists that does not exists in god. so yeah god could exist with science like physics or chemistry. these people do not represent a full religion, just their simple thoughts, and that is nowhere near for you to quit being religious, there are idiot people everywhere, you just needed an excuse.

im this guy. this is my argument. im just pointing out he is making affirmations based on his opinion, not in truth.

Well
Prove 2+2 isn't 4
You can't
That's why science is build upon math and physics
Cause they are logical.
Everything that isn't 100% sure is an opinion not a fact.

Pls explain for me.

>Everything that isn't 100% sure is an opinion not a fact.
Do you know that anything besides math is not 100% sure, right?

Growing the fuck up and realizing that if my parents hdnt told me its true as a kid I would just laugh at it like I do at Hinduism

but that is 100% sure. aristotelian logics is what created modern science and maths. dont you know syllogism? god, that is high school basic stuff.

God is a being that denies it's own existance in science. So if science exists in God why does it deny him?

care to elaborate? and please read the five ways of aquinas.

(other user)
Militant atheists don't care about logic of facts, most of them just want fell smart and superior.
Most of them just want to repeat "Christians are dumb", "Prove me God exist", "Science is sooooooo superior enen if I don't know how it work".
It's just sad to look at. No surprise no one take this guys serious.

Attached: Atheistdebator.jpg (480x347, 25K)

I don't see the connection between romans ganking him and any type of "sacrifice"

He's an internet atheist, of course he don't know about science or formal logic.

Attached: Hashtagactivism.jpg (300x168, 10K)

little do they know, a guy from a millennia ago proved them wrong.

Therefore it's a opinion not a fact
So God existence is not proven right
And because there are way more arguments that deny him I choose to belive it's a bullshit story created to control people. Truly genius concept to rule and make money out of weak minds.

way more arguments = being right. bullshit fallacy atheist moron. go read quality stuff, not the common jew media garbage

I'd love to find an atheist that can talk about logic, scientific method and discuss without repeating cheap "muh church dumb, me smart, prove me, you have failed to prove because I don't even read"

>And because there are way more arguments that deny him I choose to belive it's a bullshit story created to control people. Truly genius concept to rule and make money out of weak minds.
This is the reason no one want to lose time with atheists, grow up fag.

It's hard to believe when someone tells you invincible man on the sky created earth, sorry, universe in a week.

yeah id love to have a discussion that a guy try to disprove logic using his "opinion" and "muh science" without even knowing where science and math come from.

>be me
>like 10 years old at the time
>out of nowhere, sudden realization
>snapbacktoreality.mp3
>"so I'm supposed to believe some dude just made something out of non-existence? he would have no concept of objects at all."
It's pretty much that simple. Obviously there's a million things that happened in the bible that are obviously impossible to do in real life, now. Like parting the sea, putting 2 of every animal on a boat, etc. Plus we've already proven small scale evolution. It's a fact, not a theory.
Although the world is much scarier when you realize these things and have to live with the fact that we have absolutely zero concept of what was around before space. Simulation theory seems pretty clear at this point, but what would be the "outer world's" explanation on existence? It's best to not think about it. Revert to caveman thinking to avoid panic. "unga bunga me live on safe rock, me ok, no need to consider existential concepts"

Attached: 1552510756106.png (762x754, 61K)

It's hard to believe that you think someone will give you attention when you have tumblr pattern sarcasm and no argument besides >religions is stupid, lol

yeah, its hard to believe an irrefutable argument made by a genius, while you are a fucking moron that only reads hawkings that didnt prove shit in his life

Lol u played urself faggot, read again.
> I have more arguments that deny god's existence, I choose to not belive him
> Also Jewish religion is better in the matter of structure. For example angels of diffrent power ect.

so how does anything exists from non-existence? thats where metaphysics enters. and theres where the five ways of aquinas prove everything you assume wrong.

Can you do anything besides repeat "prove me", "you don't know math and science"?
Come on, I expect more from you.

yeah these arguments were proved wrong by aquinas, fucking hell.
>im a fucking jewish bitch

Why are you trying to prove anything to people that already came here decided to no listen to anything and mock instead of arguing because they are "cool and smart"?

The YouTube channel "nonstampcollecter" was what made me become an atheist.

You allowed a you tube militant atheist to make your mind? Why?

i replied wrong lol

but i did man. i talked about the five ways of aquinas, ST Chapter 1 question 2.

Everyone could be wrong about everything. That's the most likely situation. I'll check out this mysterious "five aquafinas"

Just gave you an solid argument a while ago, I believe in science and religion has nothing to so with science.
Another one:
Why there are so many religions then? What made you belive in Christianity and not other religion?

yeah it does. metaphysics man

Idk it was never non existance? Matter always existed, it just changed from.

And they said "muh religion dumb, me smart", don't waste good effort with those that don't deserve it.

>Just gave you an solid argument a while ago
>Why there are so many religions then? What made you belive in Christianity and not other religion?
Is that an argument? Lol
You just make an ironic question, if this is the best you can do, please, leave

All of his content does a great job at showing all of the stories written in the bible and proving how little it makes sense, he makes videos that last way too long just disproving lots of things.

i highly doubt it. ill consider that as small talk, not as a fallacy. web.mnstate.edu/gracyk/courses/web publishing/aquinasfiveways_argumentanalysis.htm

>Another one:
>Why are religious people so gullible? What made you believe in fairy tales?
Are you going to talk or just act sarcastically and offend others?

You still haven't answered the second question
> What made/convinced you to believe in Christianity, why not another/other religion?

youre a christian user? and yeah youre right i wont get nowhere with these guys, chances are they wont listen to reason.

Ok, done promoting your channel?

Attached: 1498552199217.jpg (600x456, 44K)

If someone is able to reason, he would no be a internet atheist pretending to be smart.

that is a HUGE discussion, id prefer not to do it now as im discussing against 10 different people at the same time, but if you really would like to have it, i can give you my discord. although i think its not necessary, youll find that in books, like augustine and thomas aquinas, as i said before.

It's not my channel, i'm not even close to being good enough to being as successful as he is. Its just that him alone was what singlehandedly made me stop believing in christianity. I personally think it could be possible for a god to exist but the christian god is too bullshit to believe in.

Why Christianity, answer please.
You seem to be unable to tell why you choose Christianity.
> May it be that you were born in a Christian family?

Ok, done excusing me and promoting your channel?

What you call argument are a bunch of ironic question, if you can ask me with education and without being ironic you'll have your answer, ok?

Go ahead, I'd love to listen tho.
I have a taste in philosophy and I love bible related topics. Yet it's just astonishing when ppl tell me they belive in religions.
> Also how am I supposed to find why you choose Christianity in books

Why do you cannot start? It's too hard to argument instead of make question and laugh at the answers? Why did you choose to be an atheist?

oiolyu#6877 , i'd love to tell you sometime when i'm less tired then, and not in a situtation like what i described

I'm not a fan of intellectualized Christianity, for me it's something to be lived, not proved.

Attached: faith.jpg (736x1015, 129K)

What made you choose Christianity, faggot, answer. You can't fucking answer because you took it for granted. You weren't wondering what should you believe as a fucking toddler. Your parents or someone else took you to church or you had religion in school.
If someone would teach you to believe in Allah you'd believe in allach and defend him as you're defending Christianity RN.

This list of aquafinas looks equally as credible as the numerous fallacies made up by old philosophers to disprove God. or rather show why God is bad, like the Epicurus quote
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

You know how to get an answer, just be polite like a person that want to talk instead of felling smart and cool would do

god isnt bad. thomas aquinas also disproved that. ST First part, Question 3 and 6. i would say augustine but he quotes him in these parts.
>epicurus

Are you expecting an atheist to be honest? They are here to preach their faith, not to discuss

you do you. i think both are necessary. also, dont you think orthodox is just schismatic? (i didnt know the word in english, i looked it up so tell me if i got it wrong, english is my second language. also, i'm catholic, as you may have deducted)

also, fallacies? please say to me how those are fallacies. of what kind too, if you dont mind sustaining your insustainable argument.

Orthodox just choose to follow the bishop of Constantinople instead of the bishop of Rome when they both disagreed .
English is also my second language, and personally I don't like the Calvinists and their "you can be a jerk, as long you are rich/God choose you" doctrine

> Many religions existing
> similarity in all religions
> History of all churches, is also similar. Kings/those who ruled usually used church to their advantage
> Bible is a fine fantasy book. It's based on reality but some events in it are clearly fake. Plagues in Egypt, Noah's ark ect.
> Whole concept may help find your true self and help you live your life, yet it's not true. You can pray one thousand times for a rain but it will rain when it suposed to, when nature decides. You can pray for something, but unless you co-ordinate action with prayer it won't work. But only action works as fine, yet prayer is a motivation so it's understandable why ppl do it. Doesn't change the fact it's just manipulation.

Here are some

i respectfully disagree. and yeah i hate every kind of protestant.

>Fellow former Christians of Jow Forums, What made you an atheist?
Christians

>face reality

Attached: hahahahahahahahahaha.jpg (664x613, 222K)

Maybe instead of reminding me of being polite anser an unpleasant question, which I'm almost certain you can't answer.

not him, but fucking pretentious bastard you are

>Many religions existing
>similarity in all religions
All religion being similar just make a strong point on how there's a higher truth all religion are based upon.
Since people of all ages, places and cultures managed to have a very similar concept of God and afterlife, there must be something they based themselves, maybe even God himself.

>History of all churches, is also similar. Kings/those who ruled usually used church to their advantage
Yes, churches like any other institutions are made by made by men and woman with their fault. Universities, courts, armies, schools all have their own faults and merits.
The same way some regimes do used Religion to justify what they do, others like (USSR, Red China or Nazi Germany) to justify what they do.

> Whole concept may help find your true self and help you live your life, yet it's not true. You can pray one thousand times for a rain but it will rain when it suposed to, when nature decides. You can pray for something, but unless you co-ordinate action with prayer it won't work. But only action works as fine, yet prayer is a motivation so it's understandable why ppl do it. Doesn't change the fact it's just manipulation.
Again, I'll only answer real questions, offences/mocking with a question mark will be ignored.

>Atheist argument
That's the best you can do?

I'll answer you when you can show me you want an answer when you show humidly and answer it in a polite way. If you prefer to feel smug instead of being answered, it's not my problem.

*Others use science and progress to justify what they do

yeah, im going to sleep, and just pray that these guys think outside of this stupid materialism, and start reading quality stuff like chesterton or aquinas, instead of preaching these ridiculous ideas. i really hope i can have some effect, even if it causes them to see the truth in 10 years from now. but youre probably right, and no reason is going to penetrate these thick skulls. gn to you user, i pray for the best to you.