Tfw went too far down the rabbit hole

>tfw went too far down the rabbit hole

I shouldn't have questioned reality so much, I should have stayed a dumb blind normie who thinks his life means anything

Attached: adsas.png (500x391, 19K)

I've been in the rabbit hole almost my entire life

You may think your blind, everyone has their own way and view, I would call it blindness

>and when you stare into the rabbit hole, the rabbit hole stares back at you

it's probably the rabbit

Nihilism gets a bad rap - just because your life has no intrinsic meaning doesn't mean that you can't find your own meaning. If anything, it feels liberating - I'm not making mistakes and fucking up someone's grand plan, I'm just living my life the way I want to.

>just because lie has no meaning doesn't mean you can't find your own meaning
yes it does, any meaning you make up will be purely artificial and meaningless

>my meaning will work out better for me than one that God ordained
I'm not saying you shouldn't try to find your own meaning, it's probably better than nothing, but let's not kid ourselves: things could've been a lot better. It's not "liberating", it's "making the best of a bad situation".

>automatically assumes muh nihilism
Not OP, but I'm too far gone in other ways. In order to even have a discussion about some of the things i've discovered would take an entire tome, and even then someone would have to be in the right mind to accept it. I've lost all optimism of sharing understanding with my fellow human. At this point I cant unlearn it, I can't live honestly with normies, and I can't can't make the normies drink.

Well there's no "meaning" for me per say but I like to think of life as an experience we get to experience humanity which as far as we know is the only sentience in the entire universe and we all of humanity share so much of the same experience that we're all tied together as some creature of the universe so just make the most of it have fun and know that you're part of something no matter how much you may hate yourself or the world you're part of this shared human experience

That's not an argument, video games are artificial and meaningless, but that doesn't stop me from playing and enjoying them. Sure, it wasn't written by some all-mighty being, my meaning was created by me, but it doesn't mean that it's bad.

But I don't believe in God, user. I know, that's my own belief, etc. but as it stands, there is no meaning that God ordained for me, it's a question of "no meaning" or "meaning that you made yourself". Out of those, I'd go with my own meaning.
As for "making the best of a bad situation", I get what you mean, but at the same time I don't believe in any other situation.

You're not down the rabbit hole yet until you cross the Antarctic ice wall to get yourself into the infinite plane.

What do you mean, user? Would you mind giving me an example?

Oh brother I know that game, I feel the same way. I'm in so deep I've lost any semblance of common ground

It would be hard to. All I can really say is that years of being out of society has given me "eyes" for some things that most don't have. I knew a avid hunter. When I drove in the car with him, he would see deer everywhere. My mind was blown, because I drive around all the time and never notice him. He had the eye for it. Unfortunately, I doesn't occur to me to write down the things that I see, because there's nobody to share it with. As a result, I can't really articulate it without a lot of effort, especially since it would be like trying to explain colors to a blind man.
You know the "just be yourself" meme? I feel like 99.9% of communication winds up being this way. It's all so tiresome.

OP here, nihilism is part of it but yeah it's more than that.

And I don't even know that I know what I think I know, it's all so maddening.

>and never notice him.
*them
Sorry if I'm not making sense; I'm pretty tired.

I'd say "I get what you mean", but I don't think I really do. I'm sorry that it ended up this way, but all I can say is - if you left society successfully, you can usually come back successfully. Not saying "oh it's fine, just talk to people lol", it'd be a lot of effort and a lot of adjusting and it might not be what you truly want, but it's always an option.

>But I don't believe in God, user
me neither, but what I meant was that if God did exist, it would dispose of this whole problem of meaning very nicely. as far the problem of lack of meaning goes, I think it's pretty clear that it's the top scenario. assuming we're talking about a generically good, lawful God, and not some demon that just wants to fuck everyone over.

I have the same for jews, I see jews everywhere

Attached: 1551631762606.jpg (673x587, 448K)

You took a redpill and you think that life is worthless. How do you know that maybe you are rejecting the truth that life is wonderful, op? You rejected the drug of blind optimism for the drug of blind pessimism. Either way, you are drugged by blindness

>descendants will be more numerous than stars in the sky reference
>posts pic of galaxies
there's no hope left for this board

Attached: apuquestionmark.png (251x201, 8K)

You idiot I posted it because there's clearly a merchant rubbing his hands in that picture

The truth is that there is a good lawful god, and there is a demon that just wants to fuck everyone over, he's called the devil.

>a good lawful god
no, he is a true neutral and doesn't articularly care abiout us

Your meme is fucking stale, end yourself

You will get over it and get stronger.

This.

Life is far from worthless, in fact it's the exact opposite. Every action or inaction you take ripples across the fabric. People live their lives without understanding this basic truth that seems so obvious. Even the actions of the most socially isolated robot still make waves in the fabric of being. Life is hard. It's supposed to be. Everything you do or don't do has an impact that you can't even begin to understand.

You either realize and accept this responsibility or you shun away from it and live your life without understanding for the consequences of your actions.

Attached: 1492345588803.jpg (750x736, 89K)

how is any of that relevent to anything?

I said meaningless, not unenjoyable or bad. As you said videogames are fun and enjoyable and so can life be, but "making up your own meaning" for life is a stupid notion.

If he didn't care about us the devil would be ruling openly. Last I checked the devil still hides his tricks

The confusing nature of reality is what drives me to be pessimistic, I'm too confused to be anything else.

Negative emotions are pointless though I understand that, cause you can cry and complain all you want but ultimately it does nothing, reality or god doesn't care, you won't be answered it meant nothing and was pointless. In fact everything we do is just a cry in a void, you make a big statue of yourself? It's just a scream in the void "I am here", but the void doesn't answer. The lack of an answer is the same as it saying "so what, go fuck yourself" but even worse, at least that would be something.

Life to me is like throwing pebbles into more pebbles in an endless beach of pebbles, there is nothing I can do that actually DOES anything, it's all just image with no substance. This is the most frustrating thing. It's like everything we do is just a macguffin.

>Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing

The thing is, I've rejected the notion of "stronger" and that it means anything.

not true it's just the natural process of becoming less ignorant and realizing your human worth, happens to everybody but only some people rightfully conclude they're worthless

Yep. About 6 years ago when I learned about hard determinism my life was ruined. We are marionettes. Pawns in a horrible case of misfortune. Consciousness is a nightmare.

But stuff like the quantum mechanics and the Heisenberg uncertainty principle mean that you can't definitively say that determinism is correct. The exact same system with the exact same starting parameters might not end up in the same result.

As a possibility, yes. As actuality, I'm not so sure I can. It's like getting thrown over the boat. If you cant swim back faster than the boat is leaving you're fucked. Society isn't going to circle around for little old me.

Sure. Determinism isn't the scary part - it is what it taught me. It taught me how absurd the notion of free will is. Even if there is quantum uncertainty, we are not influencing the randomness. No matter what you believe, the result is us being cosmic puppets. Meaningless meat sacks without an ounce of control.

Using the same analogy, I agree, society won't wait around, but I don't think it's going all that quickly either - it's a very slow boat, so to speak. I've never properly reclused from society though, I've fully embraced it, so what do I know?

I don't know, I think that you can't just say that free will is incorrect because it's so difficult to explain what free will is and what causes it. Quantum uncertainty provides a reasonable doubt to determinism, and since my whole "there is no free will" argument is based on determinism, it provides reasonable doubt to that too. Sure, it MIGHT still be right, but there are a lot of things that MIGHT be right that I don't really care about.

Either way, my stance on the matter is - it doesn't matter. We might be learning about our deeper motivations, but we're all still the same people with the same (perceived?) free will who all play the same game of life. Even if it's built on a lie, it's the only game we know, and there's nothing to do but play it. Determinism won't get you out of a murder, it won't make your achievements meaningless either.

i see no merchant

Reality is more strange than we can hope to comprehend. You need to go deeper.

Attached: we need to go deeper.png (188x200, 43K)

>I've never properly reclused from society though, I've fully embraced it, so what do I know?
It becomes a problem after a certain point. Just like it can be hard to find a job if you're truly homeless. It's different than being unemployed for a few months. Once you smell like ass, have matted hair, and no phone or mailing address, what would have becomes steep climb becomes a cliff. Most people don't even realize the social environment they're living in because they've never been away from it. It gets very weird very quickly and you don't have any models to work with, because the ones you learned no longer apply. It's outside of public discourse (understandably so. Those outside don't discourse often with those inside. And even when information does make it across, it's not useful, so fades from memory)

>life has meaning because when you do stuff other stuff happens

Wow what a revelation. Too deep 4 me...

Nobody consent to be who they are as a person. You don't choose your genetics and you have no control over the events in your childhood that made you who you are.

You can do as you will, but you cannot will what you want.

kill ori self

But you can't say that your upbringing completely makes you what you are as a person - you still have autonomy, and at a certain point, you become responsible for what you do, not your parents, your friends or your environment. And even if you can't will what you want, the inability to be completely in control of our own mind does not imply a lack of free will.

Also, just a heads up to everyone, we're currently discussing a topic that has been analysed to death in every science it is relevant to (philosophy, biology, etc.). If the world's greatest minds haven't figured it out over the course of centuries, some robots on Jow Forums aren't going to do it either. While I enjoy a good philosophical discussion as much as the next person, we should be aware that this certainly won't lead to anything.

Try to find some footing from where you can rebuild your life philosophy.
Otherwise use pic related as a very rough guide.

Attached: mabRf.jpg (2048x1366, 526K)