Being a math major is so boring but I'm too deep in to turn back

Being a math major is so boring but I'm too deep in to turn back.

Attached: 1552652925521.jpg (960x567, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the angles in that picture make no sense

haha enjoy having a boring life and career

math is dope
just keep goin at it, you'll be happy when you have a job

How is it boring? Mathematics is one of the most interesting things you can study.

Sheeit, I just noticed you're right. The 70 degree angle is almost half the size of the 60 degree one.

The sizes are fucked but it could still be solvable if you were given more info. Would be easier if it was possible to provide AB and DE are parallel.

It could be an Euclidean projection of non-Euclidean geometry.

Give me a minute I think I can do it

Not sure how you can prove beyond this with basic geometry

Attached: 1475202016720.jpg (960x567, 215K)

Every math major I've met has been a complete sociopath.

Yeah I think youre right
Thought I saw a system of equations for alpha and angle BDE but they were just the same equations

>math
>math make head hurt
>hunger
>smash
>eat
>smash eat hunger go away head ouch go away

I was pretty good at math until I got to 9th grade in HS, then the teacher was shit and I didn't learn any of the steps absolutely necessary to advance in the subject.
I cheated every math class in highschool to graduate, and now I have a pretty serious mental block when it comes to numbers that aren't basic multiplication, addition and subtraction. Money is easy, time is easy, and mechanic math is easy, but outside of that I can't really do anything with the subject.
I was good at pretty much everything else though (outside of computers) so I can write a 3 page essay in a reasonably short period of time, I'm good with history and memorizing things, actually pretty much anything outside of math and computers I pick up on quite easily, so I'm lucky, but I'm also not very useful in our modern economy since I can't program or code anything

Yeah, I got as far as using the vertical angles theorem and gave up. Oh well.

I wouldn't fret too much about it. All of HS math is basically formulas you have to remember. You don't really have to think about it until Trig at the very earliest.

guys it's doable, you just have to use the all angles add to 180 in a triangle, and when those two lines cross in the center the angles on opposite sides are equal

>and when those two lines cross in the center the angles on opposite sides are equal

prove the lines lines divide the angle in half

did you get to real analysis yet? math majors make that class sound like hell on earth

Trig was the one that really messed me up. Geometry was hard trying to find certain values, but trig was ridiculous. How am I supposed to to measure the shadow of a pole at 4pm in February and figure out how tall the pole is? Literally there are 15 other things I could do to find out before doing all of that.

The good thing is, because I cheated in all my math classes, I was able to finish early. I was using this computer program meant to give you the credits, but it was designed in such a way, I was able to go through and trial and error the subject material until I passed, then Google the answers to the tests. I got bored in class and wifi wouldn't load Facebook or YouTube at the time, so I started teaching myself Russian. Turns out I've got a ear for language because I picked up on the basics pretty quickly and the alphabet within a few days. I also learn bits and pieces of other languages by hearing them, and I can read Spanish and roughly make out the context of what's being said, I guess because it's so similar to English because I've never tried to learn it. So it seems linguistics suits me pretty well

hmm I don't really get what you mean user

Blog post inc:
I used to be into math and sci during HS, going so far to do Cal BC and Linear algebra. Realized it's both something I didn't want to do for career or was good at. Went and tried some more hands on/people focused jobs, and realized it's far easier and bearable to do. Try broadening your experiences to see what you like.

see here You can't get an exact value for alpha.

You're a brainlet oreganogare

Attached: 1552675032218.gif (330x887, 12K)

I was a math major but I went to medical school. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Something about math just has always clicked with me. I was always the top scorer in my math classes. One day I want to go back and get my PhD in Math. Not gonna do anything with it, I just want to have it.

>90, 80, 20 triangle

nigger wat. i wish it was a right angle, it would make it piss easy.

The 20 is the top angle as a whole. The vertical line bisects it. It's a right triangle by construction.

why the fuck would you choose that as a major you idiot

whats this? makes no sense gasdg

Attached: Untitled.png (325x876, 22K)

oreganogarerere

Attached: 1549004141318.gif (330x887, 57K)

Do it on OP's image or this one looks like you added 10 degrees to angle A?

Ah I see, yeh nvm

Anyone who scored anything higher than a 1200 (2400 scale) would know that diagrams are almost never drawn to scale. Congratulations on falling for the low IQ trap.

a = 50

H-hey um user, can I ask you for a favour? C-come join this Discord server please, it's a really good server I promise! It would really make my day if you did... so join using this link right now:

discord
.gg/UD3tHTC

ai

Attached: akarin 9.png (419x398, 235K)

Here ya go, forgot to upload

Attached: 70256AB4-D4B6-490B-A944-66F949AB74A3.jpg (1080x1080, 344K)

The math in this image is fucked. I remember doing this in high school, and its impossible to find the answer.

>forgot almost all of the identities used to solve this
>electrical engineering major

Attached: 1538443848394.png (277x385, 150K)

H-hey um user, can I ask you for a favour? C-come join this Discord server please, it's a really good server I promise! It would really make my day if you did... so join using this link right now:
discord
.gg/UD3tHTC

di

Attached: akarin 9.png (419x398, 235K)