Anyone else fucked over their workplace before...

Anyone else fucked over their workplace before? One of the best feelings I've had is when I just stopped turning up for my shift at a supermarket. Dozens of raging voicemails, rhetoric like 'You can't just quit without notice!!!' And yet they were happy to fire people on the spot and treat employees like dirt. I quit on Easter Sunday too, didn't tell them in advance so they were massively understaffed and probably got tons of complaints.

Attached: 1549932738676.png (500x500, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LvNPKwz4Ghw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>You can't just quit without notice!!!
You can't? Jeepers, however did you pull it off, OP.
My favorite trick is going on job interviews with job recruiters but I only pick the pretty ones and never call them back. "OMG Chad pls call me back :(" begone thots

Based. I would steal so much shit from my last retail job, lie to customers, damage goods and devices, throw my trash wherever I please, eat unopened snacks brought and left behind at my department. Kinda miss it not gonna lie

Attached: DwW55lCVAAErmb3.jpg (410x341, 19K)

My last job as with all my jobs I agreed at the very start I couldn't work monday and wednesdays evenings.

Actually I had a contract I couldn't work any evenings but they threw that away quickly and then eventually started putting me on for monday and wednesdays and ignoring my holidays I'd booked a month+ in advance. I stuck to my guns every time.

Including one time were they covered for me by just forcing the other guy to work a 14 hour shift by surprise. So I fucked him over. I gave him money and chocolates to thank him and smoothed it over a bit and they mocked me forever for it.

I was the only one in my area that could read and it was horrifying to see how those poor guys live. Modern day fucking slaves.

I had the exact same experience. I signed up for 11 hours a week. Great, we are both happy, contract signed, willing to work hard and do an honest job. 1 week in they start demanding I do overtime, signing me up for 35 hours a week. I said I didn't sign up for more than 11 hours and I won't forget the look I got. They were utterly incredulous that someone in retail wouldn't want to work as much as possible, because everyone there was desperate and poor. I said straight up I thought it was dishonest of them and I wouldn't be working any more than what I signed up for and after that everyone treated me like shit, even the other workers. I was seen as spoiled. Stopped turning up for work and just dealt with being poor for the rest of that summer.

You were just right to do that. I should have quit very early but I'm so done with being NEET. It put the proper fear in me though realising how some people are forced (by their own spinelessness) to live.

Recruiters/agencies are scum. I signed up to a few when I was fresh out of college and looking for work, stating explicitly that I wanted something that involved no interaction with others and that I didn't mind repetitive, boring stuff like data entry as long as I was left alone in front of a screen. Every single day some Stacey would call and offer me 'an exciting role in business support' or something similar. When I asked if it involved phoning people or dealing with complaints they'd always bullshit and try to twist it. And then they had to audacity to sound angry and insulted when I refused to come for an interview. I may be relatively unskilled and poor but I'm not obligated to do a job I hate. Cunts.

LOLE!!!!! I RECOGNIZE THAT WALE!!!!!!! COOL MOUNTAIN DEW COAT!!!!!!!!!!! LETS NOT TALK ABOUT WHAT OP SAID LETS TALK ABOUT THE PICTURE HE POSTED

I was in the fortunate position of having some savings at that point and a family that (at that point) didn't mind me sponging off them. But it really hit me that so many people are almost literal slaves. Before that job I was quite an arrogant person and thought of retail workers as dumb peons but now I have nothing but full sympathy for most of them

his name is Meryl.

Attached: 1549934209688.png (500x500, 122K)

I was the same.

Retail is not the worst. Things like Dishwashing and waitering jobs are the real slaves. Slaves were fed and housed by their owners they had comparatively stress free lives than many of the poor fucks in our world. Slavery has lasted so long and been so varied through out time places a shit desperate indebted wagey on the happiness scale among them and I wouldn't be surprised if many wageys were in the bottom third.

That's how I quit my retail wageslave gig after 10 years. Things had been getting progressively worse and worse, having to work 48 and 56 hour weeks against my will, dealing with shitty customers and with upper management suits coming in all the fucking time (fun fact: Once the Vice President of Kroger asked me to do something and I told him "No", he looked like he had been slapped in the face)
I had a sudden realization that I wasn't going to go into work that morning, so I stayed home and read a book on the patio, taking in the comfy morning atmosphere.
Then I got a call from my boss, and one thing lead to another and the last words I spoke to him were "fuck you" before I hung up on him.
I was finally free. After that I did a bit of job searching and found a package handling position at FedEx, part time yet I got paid the same I was making at Kroger hourly. I finally achieved a good work/life balance working 25 to 30 hours a week and I've been great since.

and you got trips. Noice.

>When I asked if it involved phoning people or dealing with complaints they'd always bullshit and try to twist it.
goddamnit same
fucking faggot temp agencies put me in a fucking terrible phone support job for retards
when i quit and wanted a different job the only other shit they had was phone jobs
when I SPECIFICALLY asked for a non-phone job the only thing they could find was a job in the next city over, fucking 2 hour commute

scum of the earth

>dishwasher
>slave

Hell no it was one of the best jobs I've had. Maybe if you're working for a piece of shit restaurant yeah it could suck but for me it was great, sat it the back, played my music, nothing directly involving customers so I was left the fuck alone, machine did most of my job, got to see all the nice servers asses through the racks, shit I fucked a couple over the years working there, eat untouched food etc it was gr8

I quit my dishwasher job by walking out mid-shift.
They had me bussing tables during the lunch rush and anxiety got the best of me.
No regrets though, I don't miss smelling like a dirty rag all the time.

the chad merryl vs the virgin frogs

Attached: DxIaJiDX0AfffAbNQ8.png (624x503, 130K)

you were lucky. I worked in a busy restaurant with hosting facilities for 500+ weddings on top of the open restaurant. 2 - 4 dishwashers to handle that. It was nightmare mode.

I would work in a coffee shop and nothing busier ever again.

>get blind call from recruiter
>they have a 1.5yr old resume
>they dont give a shit about my resume
>can you use spreadsheets?
>last semester I used powershell scripts to import thousands of users to active directory
>bitch is retarded
>"but can you do pivot tables"
>no but I can do harder stuff
>call dies quickly
I didn't get the job

> I was the only one in my area that could read
What country and job was this? How did your managers or whatever make schedules if they couldn't read, did they just memorize everything?
Where do you live now?

Yes, I worked at a pizza place for 4 years and was being underpaid for the last 3. I decided to punish them by leaving without giving notice. I worked extra hard in the lead up to quitting to make sure they'd give me as many hours as possible. I was working about 40 hours per week as a closing driver at the time (basically a full-time job but they treated me as a casual employee). They were completely dependent on me because close drivers are generally hard to find because they have to work late and get treated like shit. It took over a month before they stopped calling my landline. At one point my mum answered the phone and they told her it was illegal for me to quit without giving notice (not true). They also threatened to call the police over something that happened a year prior and wasn't my fault anyway. It felt so great to finally get them back after all those years of being treated like dirt. The greatest part is that the store manager (guy who underpaid me and treated me like shit) almost certainly had to take over all my shifts himself because finding a replacement driver for all those shifts would have taken several weeks at least.

Attached: 1540001255874.gif (240x240, 1.63M)

why didn't you just lie and learn it off youtube in a few hours?

It was this jobUK and these were white local people. The lowest band intelligence have gotta work too. It was an eye opener to be just how much I've been underachieving my whole life.

nice one, I did something similar in going from putting in extra effort to just totally ghosting out of nowhere and got calls/texts for months in slowly decreasing frequency.

I quit my dishwashing job four days before Christmas

Attached: 1464376294212.jpg (409x409, 42K)

>You can't just quit without notice
Well, based on your local legislation, they may be right.
You have contractual obligation to your workplace and if it has termination clause and you fail to get to work despite being obliged to... Then it is tort and you are responsible for any damages that your employer may have suffered due to your behavior.
In worst case enjoy your civil lawsuit in best case best wishes to you. Fight against the fuckers.

I dont have the luxury of leeching off my parents after quitting a job abruptly so i just have to take whatever shit gets thrown at me.

Last time I walked out on a job I ran out of savings a month after and got so behind on rent and other bills and was almost evicted over it. It was a nightmare. Never doing that shit again so im stuck with my current shit job(took me 4 moths to get a new one).

Having no fiscal stability literally degrades your sanity and makes you dumber.

>lol dude just lie for a job youre not qualified for
youtu.be/LvNPKwz4Ghw

Nice. Just right.

People who go to restaurants and force others to work like that at Christmas are absolute scum.

after being passed over for a promotion for the 3rd time, I waited till there was a hiring freeze (which luckily coincided with a huge upsurge of units we needed to complete), and quit .

>stayed home.and read a book on the patio
Are you literally 50 yrs old lmfao

I imagined you pulled out your reading glasses and sat in a rocking chair while smoking from a pipe rofl

I thought I had fucked them over when I walked out mid shift and never came back, but I don't think they even noticed

I usually don't read but I had found a neat self help book from the 1850's and had been going through it at the time. It's what helped inspire me to quit my job in the first place. Also sitting outside in nice weather is comfy, especially if you're facing a wooded area and can observe birds n squirrels n shieeet

> lowest band intelligence
Unless you include dyslexia, I'm not sure it's even possible to be stupid to read -- I've never even heard of an illiterate in my country -- and widespread illiteracy is unmistakably a sign of poverty.
> It was an eye opener to be just how much I've been underachieving my whole life.
What do you mean by this?

Good job sticking it to those dickheads, gramps

REEEEE I'M ONLY 29 I'M NOT OLD I'M NOT FUCKING OLLLLLLLLLLLLLD

What the fuck is up Merryl no what did you say dude what the fuck dude step the fuck up Merryl

Attached: Wojak I turned myself into a Chad.jpg (500x500, 32K)

I hadn't either but I literally had to read boxes for them taking orders in.

kek I am reading through the thread and most of you haven't "stuck it" to anyone. You worked in bottom feeder positions and then when you quit you think the managers or business suffered or cared in the least bit? I can read the bitterness in most of your posts and oh yeah millennial scum working somewhere for a couple years isn't the equivalent to an Iraq tour it's just what you do if you want to prove you aren't a whiny bitch and are capable of bossing others around to do the same shit. Granted I've never been a boss but I've done every wagecuck job mentioned in this thread and them some, and now I don't have to work service I work a grown up job that matters.

Thats funny as fuck they act like you are going to go to jail or something for not putting in your 2 weeks notice.

Uh.. no they aren't. People who go to restaurants on or around Christmas are saviors to those who desperately need the income over the holidays.

Don't work on the holidays if you don't want to.

baja blast is best sodie.

it literally takes 1-3 hours to get competent with pivot tables, don't be dense. Obviously I wouldn't advise saying you are fluent in French or Perl

same modus operandi, shitty job, keep working harder and taking more tasks, ensure no one is able to cover up your job, resign suddenly, get 'the call', shoot up the satan laugh

I now work as an accountant and I can safely say I fucked over my old supermarket manager hard as a result of quitting when and how I did, cope harder faggot

Define what you mean by saying you are an accountant. Are you an actual cpa or do you work in an accounting department like I do? Describe what you do faggot, and I am same user you replied to no cope

I work in assurance at PWC earning three times the average household income here

I did something similar when working as a computer programmer for a University while studying.
It was quite an odd place to work in, and also my boss used to look up my grades in the database, and this and other factors eventually caused me some rather extreme stress to the point of hallucinations and shit.
Anyway one day about a month before completing my degree I just emailed saying I quit, and it was the happiest I had felt in many months. I walked out of my room smiling like a fucking moron but it felt incredibly good to be free again. Kinda funny because before that they had been sounding out about hiring me for a full time role after I finished university.
Obviously not having any references from my previous job was a major hindrance to getting a new programming job when I finally got one, but I think that it was overall a good experience and worth doing.

You didn't describe what you do and not being a real cpa it's loose to call yourself an accountant.