Are internet friends real? Can you have a genuine connection & attachment with an online person...

Are internet friends real? Can you have a genuine connection & attachment with an online person? Excluding things like decade long gaming buddies.

Attached: 011DCAC4-05E3-4912-A0D8-66F698509756.jpg (850x1006, 184K)

i love my pumpkin

Fucked a bitch from here. Came in her raw. So I guess internet is as real as real life. At least for me.

Yeah, are you new to the internet or something? VC chat/cam/ kill virtual ooga booga's with some homies mate.

ive know 2 of my online friends for 7 years, ive only recently started talking to them again i seemly get along with their friends but idk sometimes, i wish i knew them irl so i could at least know if they liked me

its hard cause you never really know, you dont know the boundaries or what they think

but id call them my friends, i talk to them more than any irl friends

Attached: 1488924577720.jpg (480x640, 51K)

I can't even make internet friends, so I wouldn't know.
I'd like to think it's possible but everything I've experienced so far has proven otherwise.
Hard for most people to care about words on a screen.

Story?

originaldzga

That picture is so full of melancholy, nostalgia, comfyness and existential crisis at the same time, it feels so weird.

To answer your question, yes and no. Yes online friends can impact your life in meaningful ways, yes there is emotion, there is involvement, but you're still just words on a screen for each other, maybe a disembodied voice. You're interacting with an image of each other. While you can never truly know a person irl either, online relationships add several more layers of projection and fantasy.

It's funny you say this, my online friend and I have known each other for over 7 years too.
We rarely talk, but because his life is so much more busy and stressful than mine so he's not online much, and when he is it's probably just to unwind for a few hours on a day off and get to a game he's been wanting to play or something of the sort. It feels like a small world sometimes because recently I met someone irl who knew them irl because of their job. That was a pretty crazy feeling, like someone you've talked to online for years and never met is more than just pixels on a screen. I've facecammed with them but it is still a screen after all.

Anyways! If they've stuck around this long and you both still say supportive things to each other whenever you do talk they'll probably have a good image of you so it's okay \o/
I used to only vent about negative things but I've learned a few years back even if someone says it's okay they'll eventually contribute the thought of you to just negativity so always look for something positive! Even if you have chronic depression and want to kill yourself daily like me

Attached: peepo2.jpg (1200x1271, 193K)

yes internet friends are real. when people try to reject this notion most of the time they bring up two points, I'll run by those quickly

>they could be lying to you! how they are on the Internet isn't like how they are IRL!
somehow it doesn't register in their brains that everyone in their lives can be living a complete lie, and the fact that it's a face to face interaction doesn't impede them. the medium of the Internet might make it easier to lie but people who would do that are devoid of character and they WILL find ways to do the same irl. ultimately there is no way to truly know those around you even if they live in the same house. you just have to trust them and your instincts

>you aren't able to do real life things with them!
while this point is somewhat valid, it's ignoring that there are advantages to both. internet friendships are less of a commitment, the format of conversation can lead to more thought out and honest discussion, and most of all, you are not limited to the environment + biases of your immediate surroundings. a truly completely different perspective is just a click away. plus it's not like there's NOTHING to do on the Internet. plus plus, you can always meet up with them later down the line as long as you have money. if every last e-conversation feels boring then maybe you're a boring person who doesn't know how to converse or you otherwise aren't putting in a decent effort

I've known people who are extremely social with successful businesses (even breaking six figures), etc, who value their internet friends way more than the people they've surrounded themselves with. ultimately it's a matter of the humans themselves. if you find someone to share a real bond with it doesn't matter if you're communicating via carrier pigeon

Attached: 258D88ED-3731-442E-8E64-AD777793BDA3.jpg (600x693, 70K)

what if all your internet friends actually are hikkineet lolis

I sometimes feel sad tech problems and my mental illness prevent me from reconnecting with my long-time social-media friends.

I wish I were a qt hikkineet loli with a powerful Jow Forums pc and a collection of oversized long sleeve shirts.

Not in my experience. They always vanish after a while.

Sure they are but their irl friends will always be more of a priority.

Attached: dogcar.jpg (430x728, 59K)

i wish i was born a female

Attached: Puhws4U.jpg (960x643, 38K)

yes, absolutely, as long as you both believe in it, that is, you are genuine yourselves
its also sometimes a bit, not a whole lot, in a way, easier to find nice people if youre doing it actively, but also remember that not all kinds of people use internet to find friends

i dunno but i want an internet gf

Attached: 1551493062334.jpg (326x458, 11K)

Any lonely robots want to be steam friends?

you sure can, but you never will, because you faggots ALWAYS try to take it to a relationship and fuck everything up. online friendships CAN last. thirsting like a BITCH and fucking everyone over so you can jerk off over a vc for 6 months will NOT last

another secret is to not get too possessive or treat it as anything other than just an innocent friendship

Attached: indian army warior.png (225x225, 113K)

I wish I were your friend in that case.

Attached: anzu neet.png (500x706, 450K)

i did, a relationship. she went offline 2 years ago but im still loyal to her and believe she will come back.
message her almost daily, updates about my life.
Love her dearly, shes my only.

user.. she only exists in your head

Yes, most of my best bros are online guys

how do you do it,
i want friends

I lucked into it, mostly, from youtube shilling threads on /v/ for my trashy channel.

i have a youtube channel that for some reason has several thousand views,
its all about electrical engineering projects for when I was in uni , could I make friends that way?

If you found the right place to shill, and found other people who enjoy that kind of stuff, maybe. Gotta try and see, I guess.

why would you exclude decade long gaming buddies?

i need to develope healthier habits

look for self improvement discords unironically

>Can you have a genuine connection & attachment with an online person?
yes, it's actually quite frightening how powerful those feelings can be as well.

Attached: 51e8c4ffdea63244d29d69e74453f223.jpg (640x920, 57K)

Friends? Yes. Girlfriends? No. Love has a physical component that cannot be ignored, but friendship does not.

that doesn't apply to everyone user. there's also the very real prospect of meeting up if both of you aren't poor underaged aimless losers

Internet friends can be very, very real
It still hurts me that WARBROS #1 NOW AND FOREVER fucking died (twice) and that I lost so many friends who grinded with me
It was the one place that accepted a turbo autist like me

why didn't you keep contact with them somewhere else?

i always get closer to internet friends because i can tell them anything without worrying about scaring them away. theres tons of people on the internet and i can always fine new online friends, IRL is hard though

I'd say yes, even though I've always managed to lose them in the end, through my fault or other events. But when I was at the height of the friendship, it surely beat any irl friendships I ever had. Meanwhile I think I'm back to 0.

One of my online friendships have lasted longer than any of my real life friendships. Even if all we do is talk about music or video games, with the occasional update with how our lives are going.

I'm also chatting with a girl, and we are able to just talk or be ourselves with each other.

Online friendships are different from IRL ones, obviously. It's easier to both lie about yourself, or be more honest at the same token. It's less easy for people to verify if you're being truthful or your usual self, so yeah.

I don't know if it's truly possible to have a genuine connection and attachment with an IRL person to be honest

The true redpill drops.

Though I don't think online is anymore "real"; it just has that injection of fantasy and mystery that heightens whatever feelings arise.

I think it depends on the person. I take my virtual friendships as seriously as real ones, and they do affect me even more so. Of course, not everyone is like that, so don't expect the person on the other end to take things as seriously as you are.

she still is here, she will be waiting on me
stop trying to trick me, ive been approached by 3 girls by now but coldshouldered them all because she hasnt come back yet

your a boring unfunny troll

Tried it once ended up unknowingly sexting a 16 year old boy from the Philippines.
I'm not even larping or anything. It got kinky too.

Internet connections are better because they are people you actually want to be around rather than the people who just happen to live nearby
I can barely tolerate the average person irl anymore